True Emotions

All That's Left Behind

 

"Baek, you always said you were the man. Don't cry now.." he tried to ease Baekhyun as he handed him a tissue.

Baekhyun in anger, only hit his arm away. "Hyung how can you just smile about this?! Hyung we are so broken back in the dorm. The company's been dead silent ever since you left. And Jessica leaving made it even worse." his eyebrows furrowed, and his ears turned slightly red, he was fuming.

But Baekhyun's gaze turned soft and soffowful as he continued, "Hyung we can't even pass by your room back in the dorm without fighting the temptatiom to cry. Hyung-"

 

"Baek before everything, I just want the assurance that you guys don't hate me. Not just for leaving, but leaving you guys to stand on your own."

"We can't hate you hyung. That's not our style." Baekhyun tried his best to lighten up the situation, like how he always did back then in their Showtime days.

Kris laughed. 'He still remembers', he thought.

"I thought you guys hated me ever since you guys unfollowed me on Instagram, and all those photos with those captions.. I really hated myself. I left EXO-M without a leader. I left EXO because I couldn't get what I want. I left my brothers behind."


"Just for the record, we didn't want to unfollow you. But Youngmin," Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the mention of his name, "Forced us to do it. The rest of the members unfollowed you first before I did because they were scared, but I just couldn't do it hyung. I didn't want to listen to Youngmin."

Kris' eyes bulged open, his eyes saying 'You said no to the boss?!'
 

"I didn't suffer much. All I got was about five extra rounds during fitness training. And I just didn't get to make any phone calls back home."

"Baekhyun that's horrible! What were you thinking?!" Kris, despite not being in the company for close to half a year, still remembered SM's cruel guidelines.

Kris knew two extra rounds on it's own would be a killer. Imagine five. And it wasn't everyday he could make a phone call back home, but only every three weeks, two if they were nice.

 

Kris heaved a sigh of relief, "I'm glad you gave in. I wouldn't want any of you guys to suffer, ever. Please promise me you won't do that again. All of you. I would rather Kim Youngmin destroy my reputation and dance over my grave rather than letting you guys get hurt."

Baekhyun paused for a moment, and looked him in the eye, "If that's so, then why did you... Leave?" His eyes looked so lifeless, tired and empty. If he's one of the more joyful members of the group, he really can't imagine how the rest of the members are putting up with this.

 

"Baekhyun, I left because I thought the company was only hurting me. They wouldn't let me go home to spend the new year with my parents, they wouldn't let me go for acting, I was convinced that everyone was against me. I got sick often and they'll just go harder on me during practice." He sighed,

"And I really look up to you guys, it's like you guys are super humans. You guys never get sick or tired, you can put up with the company's bull, and you guys never fail to keep that smile on all your faces. You guys... You're really amazing."

Baekhyun held Kris' hand which he left placed on the table, "Firstly, no homo." He patted his palm, "Secondly, you should've told us. How you felt, everything. I always knew Youngmin had something against the non-Korean members. I just didn't believe it until now."

 

"Listen, Baek, no ones at fault here but me. I don't want to tarnish your reputation nor ruin your happiness and great ties with the company-"

"Happiness? Great ties?" Baekhyun snorted, he must've snorted so loud that the heavens heard it. "You're joking right? We're all being treated like lifeless robots in that damn company!" He slammed his palm on the table, furrowing his brows in anger.

"That's why you should've told us you wanted to leave before Youngmin got to us and told us you were a betrayer." Baekhyun tried to explain to him again. "We could've sparked up a rebellion."

"A rebellion? But wouldn't that get you guys killed?" 

"I'd rather we die trying than die in the hands of the unjust." Baekhyun nodded his head.

 

"Hold up there Mr Shakespeare, we need to make sure all twelve of us are in this together."

"Firstly, Shakespeare had nothing to do with that quote, you idiot. Secondly, just a moment, hyung." Baekhyun pulled out his cellphone to make a call.

 

"Hello Sehun-ah, we need all the boys at the usual skate park in about 20 minutes."

 

 

 

For the many months he'd spent out of the country, out of the company, and seperated from the group where his dreams and closest friendships have blossomed, finally. It felt so great to be back.

 

 



Hey guys! So Kris is finally going to go on face to face with the rest of EXO!!1 Do you think the rest of the group are filled with hatred towards him? Or is Tao gonna burst out crying while clinging onto Kris because he missed him so?

cries idk guys, let me know what you guys think in the comments section below ^ w ^