f l a s h b a c k.

The Cut.

Seven Months Before.

 

Jiyeon slung her backpack over one shoulder before sprinting out of the classroom, smiling.  She turned the hallways until she saw Krystal admist the crowd, standing infront of her locker.  

    “Soojung!”  She darted towards her, pulling her into a bearhug.

    “Missed me?” Krystal asked wryly, jiggling her padlock before putting in her combo.  A couple of the guys scoping them out whipped their heads to look at Jiyeon’s figure legs under her cropped uniform skirt.  

    “Hey, Jiyeon, you look really pretty today,” Minhyuk chortled.  

    Krystal rolled her eyes, but Jiyeon turned around and grinned.  “Are you saying that I don’t look pretty other days?” Krystal snickered into the back of her hand as the guys shot eachother dexterous glances.  Gotcha.  

    As the flock of guys cleared out, Jiyeon glossed her lower lip before jamming in a cube of bubblegum.  “You and I are going on a date today,” she singsonged.  Wrapping her mini leather bomber jacket around her shoulders tightly, she smirked.  

    “Sorry, can’t.  I have to study for my AEP classes,” Krystal simpered while she shoved her humanities textbook into her monogrammed Louis Vuitton speedy before slamming the locker shut.  

    Huffing, Jiyeon clicked the heel of her patent leather Doc Martens to the tiled ground.  “Boo, you .” Casually, she flicked a strand of a stray coif curl obsecuring her cheek.  

    Krystal laughed, and put her fingers through the belt loops of her Sevens skinny jeans, thinking. “What time?”  

    Jiyeon’s face lit up as she leaned against the locker to the side dramatically, blowing a bubble.   “Uhm, right after school, duh.”  She raised a brow.  “So, you game?”

    “Fine.  But we’re going to get lattes first, I need an ice coffee run,” Krystal said playfully, walking ahead of her.  Jiyeon let out a laugh, following after her.  

    “Wait up, Ice !”

    “Not a chance, Bonnibel!” Krystal squealed while ripping down the hallway, Jiyeon right at her heels.  Unknowingly, she bumped into someone, almost tripping over her seude boots.  Luhan.  His large eyes stared at her for a second until she broke the silence murmuring, “Sorry.”  Then Jiyeon caught up with her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder and leaving.  

    Since Jiyeon was practically a social butterfly, she turned her head around as she left and waved her hands.  “See you later, Luhan!”  Breaking into soft giggles, the two girls scurried out.  Luhan cracked a smile and his heels.  

    “Hey, Dumb and Dumber!” 

    Jung Jinyoung pulled out his headphones before sauntering over.   “Wanna treat us to some Starbucks?  I’ll spot you next time, pleeeease?” Jiyeon interlaced her fingers together pleadingly.  

    Jinyoung shook his head.  “Can’t.  Working at the club tonight.”

    The three walked to the main entrance where they went down the steps.  The main entrance, a place you’d never guess would have anything happen, other than skiz fights in between lower grades’ fanfic authors.   Not deaths, certainly.

    “Ugh.  Fine.” Jiyeon pulled Krystal to her side before inching away, pointing a finger at Jinyoung.  “You owe me, .” 

    “Whatever you say,” Jinyoung said chuckling before walking to the other direction.  

    Krystal closed her eyes, soaking in the sun and letting the warm, autumn breeze whip through her hair.  So the two walked down the gravelly hill, just as the students fled out of the school at the end of the day.  They grabbed two iced chai tea lattes and sat down in front of Wawa’s, the town’s only convinience store, where kids sometimes came to hang out during the summer when the AC blew on high.  Jiyeon dropped into the plastic chair, biting on the straw of her latte absentmindedly.  

    “I love fall,” Krystal said to no one in particular.  She slid off her bronze D&G sunglasses and dropped her bag at the foot of the chair.  

    “Same here,” Jiyeon breathed.   

    The weather was bright.  The sky was bluer than blue.  It had been the brightest October day of the year.  It was also the day the two shared a secret they swore they’d bring to the grave.  And they would regret keeping the secret for the rest of their lives. 

    Oh, well.  If they were just going to bury the secret, someone else will just have to uncover it.  

    After all, only two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.  

    Actually, make that three.      

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(A/N) Hey guys, 

Just another notice, there will be a lot of flashbacks, and all of the details are significant for later in the story, so they will be frequent.  Please let me know if the sequence of the flashbacks and the regular chapters are too confusing, like I said, I'm open for suggestions!

Anyways, thanks sm for the new subscribers //throws grease tree hearts// ~

I hope you like the fic so far, let me know your thoughts in the comments sections belowwww