Beginnings

A Beautiful Mess

Some say love, it is a river that drowns the tender reed.

Some say love, it is a razor that leaves your soul to bleed.

Some say love, it is a hunger, an endless aching need.

I say love, it is a flower, and you its only seed.

-The Rose, Bette Midler

 

 

She was exhausted. It had been weeks since she had the reccomended eight hours of sleep. She would be thankful to get that amount in three days. The never ending auditions and script readings were taking a toll on her, so much that she was thankful to be filming today. At least there would be regulated breaks and if she was really honest, she was excited at the prospect of participating in a variety show.

 

 

They ran into each other before the filming even started. The cast were supposed to gather to be introduced before the offical entrance scene would be filmed. She had been early and so had he. He had greeted her by name and she bowed really low so he wouldn’t see her blushing. They were thankfully rescued by the appearance of another member.

 

 

That would be their very first meeting.

 

 

She decided filming for Family Outing was rather fun. It was definitely way better than waiting in a van for her scene. She was much more of a hands on person after all. Even if she had to learn that dance in fifteen minutes. She always wondered why you had to perform on a variety show. She was an actress for goodness sake. The only thing she was good at in school was math, not dancing. But a girl’s gotta do what a girl has to, and so that’s what she did.

 

 

She got along with the cast who were welcoming as always, but he stood out to her. She had always had a crush on him back in his Turbo days, but his actions that day had only encouraged her fluttering heart. He was the only one gentlemenly enough to offer his help, and when her white coat had soaked through, he was the one who called for her cordi to bring up another jacket.

 

 

Their interactions never did progress from the awkward politeness behind the camera though.

 

 

He had considered asking for her number, but his love line rumors were still haunting him and he had no wish to involve another person into the already complicated matter. He was definitely interested in the spunky woman who has a  mischievious streak in her. He liked the life in her eyes and her wit. Her dance was horrible, he would be the first to admit it, but it had amused him greatly. It could have been because she was the one dancing it, but he thought it was adorable.

 

 

He didn’t ask for her number, and when they shook hands after filming ended, he comforted himself with the knowledge that if its meant to be, they would meet again. He watched as she stepped into the car and continued to do so until the car turned a corner and he could see no more.

 

 

They met again, almost four months later, in a club.

 

He had never been a fan of clubs, but it was an invitation to a birthday celebration that he could not reject. He didn’t see her until they were halfway through a bottle of champagne and he looked down the balcony where their party was held. She was on the dance floor in a little black dress that showed off her mile long legs that were accentuated by her heels. As he watched her dancing to the beat, almost sensually, he found himself longing to join her on it, if only to get closer to her. The lights cast a halo around her hair and for a second, he thought she looked like an angel fallen from grace.

 

 

Her breath hitched when she realised who was at the party. She had been on the dance floor with a couple of other actresses. She halted for just a fraction of a second as she watched him stride forcefully towards the table they were at. Her heart raced when she realised that he was there for the same party. They were going to meet again!

 

 

She dragged her hips slowly from side, almost as if she was teasing him. He wanted to step in between her and another male model that is currently running his reads down her arms. Her fingers trilled down the model’s arm who had his hand on her hips. He stiffens. She ran her fingers down her now mid length hair. He clenches his fists. The model says something to her and she threw her head back in laughter. He stopped breathing. The music ends as she stepped away. He forces himself to breathe.

 

 

He was surprised though, when she approached the table that he was at and since he was the latest arrival seated at the edge of the bench, he naturally scooted in to make space for her. She thanked him with a grin on her face, still breathing a little heavily from her dance. The general atmosphere in the club made it close to impossible to have a proper conversation. They did enjoy a short game of matching names with faces as they people-watched from the balcony. As the other attendees tired and streamed in from the dance floor, they ended up wedged together in a corner. They discussed about each other’s upcoming projects before giving up entirely as the noise level on the balcony raised as the number of people did.

 

 

He walked her to her car as the party winded down. As he shut the car door behind her, he thought it was ironical how the last time they met, he had sent her off in a similar manner as well. He watched as she drove off into the darkness and once more was comforted by the knowledge that they would meet again should fate decree so.

 


Hi there, thanks for reading. This one is going to be a series, so I guess the chapters are going to be long by my standard.  This chapter was done in parts in between the writing of my essay for school so it might seem a wee bit disjointed, but I am quite satisfied with it so here it is. Reviews and constructive criticism are welcome.