Episode 1

Dry Ice

WARNING: Long chapter ahead. Quantiy: 1555 words. 

===================================================================================================

"Sweet heart? It's time to get up!" 

Mei get's out of bed and walks slowly to the bathroom. She picks up the brush and turns on the water. Her hand moves back and forth along with brush, but her mind is somewhere else. 

"MEI!" 

Mei spits out the toothpaste foam out of and walks out slowly to the kitchen. 

"Alright here's your toast and glass of tea." 

Her mom puts the plate of toast and glass on the table as Mei sits down. 

"So isn't high school exciting? I mean you've been a freshmen for a week now!" 

Mei bits her toast and looks up.

"It's just like any other school I've been to." 

Her mom lowers her shoulders due to the fact that Mei is going to have no fun in high school. 

"Alright, but you better get a boyfriend!" 

Those words make Mei choke on her food. She wipes and gets up from her chair and walks to her room to get changed. After a couple of minutes she walks out with her uniform on, she grabs her bag and puts on her shoes. 

"I'm off." 

Mei said quietly.

"Oh! Have a-"

She cut her mom off while slamming the door shut. 

"....Nice day..." 

Mei walks in the direction of the train station, while thinking about what happened so far. As she walks onto the station she plugs in her earphones and notices some girls looking and laughing at the way she is all alone. Mei couldn't care less about what they thought about her.

She looks blankly and the sky standing on the far edge of the yellow line. The train passes by wildly making her hair sway in the direction it's going in. The train comes to a stop and she gets on. She sits down and plays with her fingers when she notices a strange man looking at her. He is middle aged and has a weird arua around him.

As soon as the train stops she gets off, and starts to walk to her school. She enters the school and goes to her locker and gets her books for the first half of the day. She walks in the direction of her class. Se hears distant voices in the hallway but pays no mind to them. 

"Oh come on! I can't believe you got invited to a party friday night!"

"Sorry, I tried calling you but your mom told me you were sleeping."

The freshmens' Nakanishi Kenji and Kurosawa Yamato are in quite a fiddle this morning as they walk towards their classrooms. Kenji starts turns around and starts walking in backwards in front of Yamato and starts complaining when suddenly he bumps into someone. Kenji is alright but the person he bumped into was none other than Mei.

"Ah! Excuse me!" 

Mei turns around and shoots both of them a death glare. They both jumped back in surprise, and Mei gets up, books in hand and walks to her class. To his misfortune Kenji is in the same class as Mei. 

"Who was that?" 

Kenji looks to Yamato surprised.

"You don't know her? That's Tachibana Mei, also known as Dry Ice. They say if you look into her eyes she'll freeze you." 

"Don't be stupid. But she is quite interesting."

Yamato says the last part quietly. He walks to his class and Kenji enters his. After the class is over everyone starts to head to their second class. Both Kenji and Yamato had the same class on the third floor, Mei's class was also on the second floor but she it was different from Yamato's and Kenji's. 

Kenji had just spotted some girls holding their skirts so their wouldn't show. They noticed him looking and turn around. 

"Awe come on! You know the reason your skirts are so high is because you want me to see." 

"Shut up!" 

"Oh Yamato! I baked some cookies last night. You wanna taste?" 

Before he could answer Kenji had gone ahead because he had spotted a girl with her skirt low. 

"Oh and who is this? What are you trying to hide." 

He started to lift it up, but that person turned around and was Mei. 

"Oh. Talk about disappointing, sorry." 

But Mei felt so humilated that she took her right foot and kicked in his direction as hard as she could. But instead of kicking Kenji she hit Yamato. Though she didn't feel bad about who she hit. 

"Do you even know who you hit?!" 

"No and I don't care! Just stop pestering me! You keep saying I'm sorry but it's not fixing anything now is it?!" 

She had lost control of herself. She didn't even realize that his was the first time she talked in 13 years to someone less, other than her mother. She hurried to her class. Yamato just sat there for a second and then burst out laughing. 

"Ah ha ha, that hurt! Ah ha ha ha ha!

They girls and Kenji gave each other a strange look and then turned back to Yamato, to see whether he could still tell the difference between blue and red. 

The rest of the day flew by, and when Mei went to her locker she found a note in her locker along with some thumb tacks. 

"I didn't expect to see you here." 

Mei fliched at the voice and saw Yamato standing there. 

"Ugh.. S-sorry about before."

She said it in such a quiet voice, that Yamato found it cute. She searched her pocket and handed him a band aid. Yamato found this jesture to be quite kind.  

"One little bandaid won't cover up this..." 

She reached once more into her pocket and took a bunch of band aids out. 

"EHHH?!" 

He relectanly takes the band aids and turns to Mei, cellphone in hand. 

"Do you want to exchange them?" 

Mei thinks that he wants to switch the phones, which she finds to be a bit wierd. 

tumblr_mbidb5DKAM1r2uvl2o4_250.gif

"I want your number not your phone" 

"Eh?! I-I know that!" 

He chuckled at the thought but he also found it cute. They exchanged numbers. 

"Um so I was wondering, me and my friends are going to karoke. You wanna come?" 

"No I have work. And besides I don't think your friends like me. See ya." 

And just like that before he could stop her, she ran in the directiong of her work. She got her apron on and stood her postion at the cash register. A few minutes after she arrived she saw that same man from the the bus stop come into the bakery. 

"I'll take these." 

"Yes, let me pack these for you." 

She kept looking up once in a while and that man had a small smile on his face which made him look creepy. The man stood on the other side of the road looking at the bakery the entire time Mei was there. After her shift ended she thought it would be better to exit through the back door since it would be better not to show herself. 

However 15 minutes after walking, she started to hear footsteps. She started to walk faster and walked inside a quality store. She hid behind a shelf and looked outside to see that the man was standing out the window. She tried to call her mom but no one would answer. 

"Mom...where are you." 

She almost broke into tears but she remembered Yamato's number, and tried calling him. In about 2 rings he picked up. 

"What's up Mei. Ah hold on I need to step out of the room for a bit." 

She waited for him to answer again. He stepped into the hallway and put the phone against his ear.

"So what's up?" 

"Help me." 

She couldn't contain her tears anymore, she let them all out. 

"Mei! Mei?! What's wrong?! Tell me where you are right now?!" 

"I'm in the quailty store near the highway. The one behind the hospital." 

"Stay there! I'm on my way!" 

He rushed out and ran to where she had directed him. As soon as he entered the store he saw Mei crouching behind the shelf. He embraced her, slowly patting her head. She didn't want to cry but she couldn't stop. After a couple of minutes she settled down and fallen asleep. He slowly lifted her and carried her towards the exit of the store. Mei was slowly starting to wake up. 

"A-Are you her boyfriend?"

 "Yeah." 

Mei was still half-asleep and her lips felt something warm on them. She slowly opened her eys and saw Yamato's lips on hers. Her face flushed a deep red. She fainted and in his mind he chuckled at the cute red face in his arms, so warm and fragile. She isn't dry ice. She is warm, kind, fragile, cute and sad. He want's to drive that sadness out of her heart, and replace it with a smile. He had seen so many sides of her today, but the one which surprised him the most was how she cried so softly into his arms. He wanted to keep this warmth to himself. Not giving it to anyone else, it was his. She was now his. 

===================================================================================================

Sorry about the long chapter. >-<