1 |

Soulmates

Tiffany teased and pulled her close knowing damn well Taeyeon would blush – especially when she was wearing a cute pink lacey bra.

“Stop, you’re embarrassing me.”
“Oh come on! You’ve seen me before.” Tiffany winked.

They were trying on bras in the fitting room, something they did once every few months. Tiffany had something planned for the longest and Taeyeon couldn’t help but feel happy for her. Their friendship lasted a long time despite all they’ve been through. Taeyeon was genuinely happy when she was supposed to feel the worst.  Why?

~

“What happened,” Taeyeon rolled over and snuggled up against Tiffany. She felt skin, lots of it. “Are we ?” She lifted the covers only to pull them against her twice as fast.
“You wanted to kiss. So.. we kissed.”
“And..”
“ed.” Taeyeon brought her hands to her face.
“Oh my god.”
“Don’t worry. The wine played a great part in this. I have no regrets.”

Tiffany made it easier by kissing Taeyeon once again, letting her know that nothing has changed between the two. Tiffany was so cool.

~

Maybe it was a few years ago when she was pulled into a bathroom stall after 5 shots and 3 cocktails into the night that she realize Tiffany was probably more than a friend. It was the way Tiffany grabbed her face into her hands and moaned into . Was it how quickly she was to lock the door and pull her in tighter?  Or possibly how their friend was so sure a bottle of Soju could a person’s mind and blackout, and they knew it wasn’t true because they remembered exactly what happened the week before? They hid their smiles.  

~

“Just one more kiss.” Tiffany begged.

They were in a small noraebang room at the end of the hall, filling up the time slot whenever they ran out of time. The two had too much to drink. The occasion? None. Taeyeon didn’t know how it all began, but she remembered being pulled into a kiss.

“We should stop.” Taeyeon said, pulling away from what she thought was the greatest feeling on her lips. There was no denying that Taeyeon didn't want to stop.

They were probably in that room for a good three hours’ time before finishing the two bottles of Soju they brought in together, not sold by the venue. They came in with two, left with three empty bottles.

“You’re a good kisser,” the girl confirmed.

~

Maybe it was how Taeyeon was able to let her fear go so easily and freely that she thought Tiffany was going to be the friend she’d be with forever.

“I’ve never told anyone, but I’m biual,” Taeyeon admitted during dinner.
“Okay, that’s fine. I don’t know, but maybe I am too.” The girl said.  They shared a minute of silence before Tiffany suggest something. “I need a drink. I just broke up with my boyfriend. This long distance thing isn’t working out. Bar?”

Both of them were California girls, ready to be reckless and not having a care in the world. Tiffany was the bolder one in this case. She had a mysterious side to her. She was reserved, but she wasn’t.

 “I’m just not sure. I’ve neve-”
“Dated a girl? Experimented? Kiss a girl?”
“Aha.. You took the words right out of my mouth.” Taeyeon gave a nervous laugh.
“Some people just don’t know. Some do. It’ll take some time.”

The rest of the night they bonded over being reckless teenagers, making out with random strangers, getting drunk and breaking laws. They’ve only been friends for only a few months so lots were being learned.

“I’m sure you’re a very good kisser. You just have to find a girl now,” Tiffany smiled.

~

Her memory took her back to Tiffany’s quirky and goofy hidden personality that caught her attention when they were introduced by a mutual friend. Taeyeon was able to see right through her, and that should’ve been a clear sign.

She thought again.. maybe it wasn’t even all of that.

Maybe it was how they accompanied each other to lunch, paid for each other’s coffees or simply laid in bed touching their phones. Friends who occasionally made out with each other just for the heck of it. Maybe it was how comfortable they were around each other without even realizing they were soulmates.

~

Even when her best friend was standing in front of her, ready to say “I do,” Taeyeon still knew Tiffany was her’s to begin with. Tiffany turned to her bridesmaid and smiled, raised her eyebrows for some kind of direction. Taeyeon smiled sadly and used her eyes sending the message, “Go for it!”

Tiffany smiled, said the two words, kissed the groom and happily walk away – not before turning her head to Taeyeon and whispering

I love you, Taeyeon.

-----

Author's Note: Okay, i don't even know what this is. I wrote it in one go~ haha. Hopefully you guys enjoyed it! Kind of sad.. eh.. Tell me what you guys thought of it! I'll be updating my other stories in a few hours or in a day or two. Be on the look out for that too (:
- to make it clear, Taeyeon was the bridesmaid & the parts of the body is chronologically backwards~ Hope it's not so confusing.