Let's talk about Love

Let's talk about Love

*Why is the sky blue? Why is love like this? Questions which are hard to answer*

 

Kyungsoo was sitting in the practice room and listened to sad music while thinking about life.

„What are you doing here alone?“ asked Baekhyun as he entered the practice room and saw Kyungsoo sitting in the corner with an  expression that equaled the song that played.

Because Kyungsoo was too deep into his thought, earbuds plugged in, he didn't heard his Hyung asking.

 

“Yah! I am talking to you!” shouted Baekhyun, so finally Kyungsoo looked up and saw that his Hyung was standing right beside him with an angry face.

“Oh did you say something?” he replied while removing his headphones.

“I asked you what you are doing here all alone.” the other repeated and his expression wasn't angry anymore, it turned into curiosity instead.

 

“Well… I was thinking… and well” Kyungsoo mumbled, eyes trained onto the ground.

“Nothing new. What were you thinking about?”

Kyungsoo just nodded and gazed into space.

 

“Gosh, you hang around with Yixing-hyung too much these days.” Baekhyun just said, now thinking about a plan to chear up his friend.

“Yixing-hyung… ” was the only thing Kyungsoo could say with a sigh leaving his throat.

“See? You’re drifting into outer space again.” the elder stated and rolled eyes. When there was no answer he spoke again.

 

“You need some fun."

Baekhyun walked to the stereo in the back of the room. He connected his phone with it while looking through his playlist. Finally satisfied a song blasted out of the speakers.

 

Kyungsoo looked incredulous towards his bandmate.

„Happiness?! Seriously?!“

“What’s wrong with it? I totally love that song!” Baekhyun chirped happily.

 

“Sorry, hyung but Chanyeol listened to it too much these days” he stood up, walked to the stereo and looked through his hyung’s playlist and immediately found a better song. He closed his eyes and listend to Miracles in December, then he started to sing.

 

Baekhyun smiled to himself but took his phone out of Kyungsoo’s hands, pressing play after he’d found one of his favourite SNSD songs.

 

“Did you ever dance to this one?” Baekhyun said excited.

Kyungsoo thinks for a while and just said ““To ‘The Boys’? No not really, what about you?”.

“How could I not? I’m Fanboy N°1!" Baekhyun grinned.

“Yes and you have Taeyeon as girlfriend” the younger replied and his mood got sad agian.

 

Worry rose in Baekhyun.  “Are you upset?"

“Mhh.. no” Kyungsoo's answer was just a quiet mumble. He glanced shyly to his hyung.

“You look like a lost puppy. What’s bothering you, Soo?" A hand found its way to the smaller one's shoulder.

 

Kyungsoo just stepped in front of the mirror and just said “Nothing...Let's dance” and looked to his Hyung again.

“Uhm, okay.” Baekyhun cleared his throat. “Well, just do like I do, alright?” He stepped in front of Kyungsoo and looked at him through the mirror.

 

Kyungsoo just nodded, eyes focused on the other singer's back.

Baekhyun started to move automatically with the beat. Every step like a perfect copy of the girls he adored so much.

While he was dancing Kyungsoo just inspected his body all the time without looking at the steps he was supposed to do.

 

“I know you aren’t the greatest dancer out there, but even Chanyeol can do better.” Baekhyun said after a while, tonr serious but a betraying smile on his lips.

Kyungsoo detached his eyes from his Hyung’s body, stepped beside him and started to copy his moves as good as he could.

 

” You’re hopeless“ Baekhyun chuckled while shuffling closer, right behind the other boy to put his hands on his tiny waist. “You make it look like you’re kid in a belly dance course. Relax, no tension in your hips.” he smiled at his Dongsaeng again.

 

The shy vocalist blushed deeply as the elder grabbed his hips, just nodded then and tried to make his Hyung proud.

“Why are you tensing even more? It’s not like I never touched you before.” Baekhyun asked a bit confused.

“S-sorry h-hyung” Kyungsoo replied and bowed infront of him.

“I thought we were already over that stage, Soo.” the other singer just said and wondered what was wrong with his bandmate.

 

“Oh hmm well….” he didn’t knew what to say and just stood there looking at the ground.

 

Suddenly Kyungsoo started to sing. ~Boy I can’t explain what I feel~ Then he noticed that he sung wrong.

“Sorry I mean ‘Girl I can’t explain what I feel’” he said and scratched his head sheepishly.

Baekhyun just blinked twice or thrice before grinning at the forlorn boy.

 

“Do you remember how mad I got when I just couldn’t hit that freaking highnote?” he then asked his Dongsaeng to light up his mood.

“Yeah...you were so cute back then” Kyungsoo said and finally started to laugh, patting Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“ Yah! I’m not cute!” He exclaimed but ruffled the shorter boy’s hair. “But at least I could make you smile.”

“Yes, you did."

 

“That’s my Kyungsoo!” He laughed.

The younger just nodded and glanced to his Hyung and noticed that he really had no clue about his feelibgs towards him

”Did I say something wrong?” Baekhyun asked him worried again, hoping to finally get an answer.

“No, you didn’t. Let’s just finish dancing” Kyungsoo only said and looked back into the mirror.

 

Baekhyun turned seroius. “No. I finally want to know what’s bothering you. You act so strange these days. You even tried to avoid me for some days, right? What have I done to you?”

 

“You didn’t do anything, Hyung, It’s just...I don’t know how to explain it...” he said desperately. “It’s just that you have Taeyeon and you are happy with her...it...somehow it bothers me.”

“I...I think I need to confess something. But you have to promise to never tell anyone, okay?” Baekhyun piped up quietly.

 

Kyungsoo agreed, curiousity rising im him.

“Me and Taeyeon-noona...We’re not dating.” Baekhyun admitted and looked shyly to the ground, not sure what to do next.

“W-WHAT?!?!? SO EVERYTHING WAS JUST A LIE??? YOU TWO ARE NOT TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER???” Kyungsoo shouted through the whole practice room with widened eyes and mouth agape.

 

Baekhyun put his hand over Kyungsoo’s mouth in attempt to shut him up. “You are supposed to keep it and not to let the whole company know about it! But yes, it’s true. I wondered why you never noticed that Noona and me almost never meet each other.”

 

“Well...actually after I heard the news I tried to get distance to you, that’s why I asked Chanyeol to change rooms with me so I could share a room with Luhan and Sehun and not you anymore.” Kyungsoo confessed.

 

“But...I don’t get it....Why are you so upset about that?" Confusion was written all over the older singer's face.

“Because if I would have known it from the beginning, there wouldn’t have been a reason for avoiding you… I actually didn’t want the distance but I thought it would be better for us.... because of my feelings for you” Kyungsoo said, averting his eyes and turning bright red.

 

The taller one just stood there dumfounded, not really sure if he put too much into the others words. “I...I’m sorry, I guess?” not knowig what to say he just looked for Kyungsoo's eyes, which teared up.

 

“It’s ok Hyung. But...” he couldn’t finish his sentence because of the sobs that stumbled over his lips.

“Hey, hey...please don’t cry. I...I....,” Baekhyun began, but wasn’t able to bring any more words out of his mouth. He was just so confused that he couldn’t even comfort the crying boy in front of him properly.

 

Kyungsoo started to cry even harder because he finally fully understood his feelings and their consequences, fell onto his knees, hands hiding his face.

“Hyung! I love you!” he  puled and looked to his beloved Hyung with a wettend face.

 

“I...You...Kyungsoo...I don’t know what to say…” Baekhyun mumbled, unable to cope with the situation

“I...I’m sorry… but I wanted you to know...because my heart felt too heavy with it.” Then he bowed in front of the taller boy and grabbed his stuff to leave.

 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

*a few days later*

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun didn’t speak the last days since the confession. And Baekhyun felt horrible during that time. He didn’t even attend dinner in the nights when the boys came back from their schedules. He wanted to talk to Kyungsoo so badly, but couldn’t since the other always found a way to slip out of his view.

 

When Kyungsoo wanted to go to sleep he suddenly he got a message.

~Kkaebsong Kkaebsong Kkaebsong~

Luhan, who really wanted to sleep, got mad. “Soo, turn of your ing phone, I need at least some hours of sleep before tomorrow!” he shouted and turned around in his bed, a pillow over his head

“Sorry, Hyung!” Kyungsoo said and left the room.

 

-Please meet me at the park around the corner. Please...we need to talk. Your Hyung-

 

Kyungsoo didn’t know what he should do. On one hand he hoped his Hyung would give him a chance but he feared that he would get rejected at the same time.

It took long until Kyungsoo finally chose to go to the park. He took his jacket, slipped into his shoes and went out of the dorm, closibg the door quietly so no one would wake up.

 

As he reached the park he saw Baekhyun already from afar sitting on a beanch in the dark. He hesitated but then walked up to the other and sat down next to him.

 

“Hey….I thought you wouldn’t come.” Baekhyun greeted him sadly. Kyungsoo leaned against the wooden rest and got straight to point

“II think we need to settle this now. It'll be the best for us, the band and the fans.”

“Yeah...I thought you would say this…” Baekhyun agreed and met Kyungsoo's eyes.

“You seem to know me well," Kyungsoo said with sadness laced in his smooth voice.

 

“I know you…” Baekhyun nodded and fell silent again.

“So…” Kyungsoo bent forward so he could look into his hyung’s beautiful face.

Baekhyun gulped down the lump in his throat. “Soo...I...I don’t want to loose you…”

“Me neither, Hyung. So I will try not to love you anymore...even if it will be hard” Kyungsoo said determined.

 

Baekhyun suddenly looked bewildered into those sad eyes. He reached out for Kyungsoo’s cold hands and squeezes them. “Soo...I had trouble to think about anything else but you the past days...I...I want to try.”

Called one couldn't really get what Beakhyun just said and looked confused.

“I want to try to be a good boyfriend to you," he clarified.

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t think properly anymore but suddenly tears welled up and rolled down his cheeks.

“W-why are you crying? Did I mess up again?” Baekhyun asked totally confused but wiped off the salty tears.

“No..no you didn’t...I’m just too happy!” Kyungsoo answerde and smiled to him brightly.

 

Baekhyun smiled back at him softly. “Stop crying. Your face will look all puffy and ugly.”

“I don’t care about that.” Kyungsoo said, took the face of his Hyung in both hands and kissed his soft lips. “I love you, my Hyung”

 

End