Sehun - Satan's Hot Tub

Sehun - Satan's Hot Tub

The hot tub practically screamed your name. You hadn't been in one for over three years and your chance was now, while all the parents were off to go dancing and the younger kids were at a community center that had karaoke and arts and crafts. You had come to the island with your close family friends, the Oh's. They had a kid that was a year older than you. But he was obnoxious. And a brat. Even his name just bothered you, ‘Sehun.’

    You remember the day you first met him, your parents forced the re-found friendship because you had been close with him when you were younger but grew apart during middle school. He had reintroduced himself, as if you didn't remember him. But it was strange, he didn't make eye contact but instead shook your hand in a panicked fashion. It was awkward, really. Since your reintroduction at least two years ago, you guys hadn't gotten along too well. You fought with him and he picked the stupidest battles to fight with you. You consider him your closest guy friend because of the lack of nice guys in your school, but you wouldn't go to him for help. You can't help but think the friendship is fully forced and that he doesn't even want to be friends with you, but the occasional comforting you receive from him claims otherwise.

    You slipped into a new bathing suit, rather revealing because you weren't used to wearing bikinis. It was magenta, a color that somehow highlighted your curves that you were never fond of in a delightful way.

    You stepped out into the chill of the night and sigh.

    Someone apparently had the same idea as you, cause they were already in the hot tub, and taking up all the room.

Who the hell is it? Why did they have to be here at this exact time? Just give me ten minutes.. Okay thirty but same thing, right? Ugh, this person .

    As you get closer to the mysterious hot-tub-hogger, you are surprised to see strikingly vibrant blonde hair, accompanied by brown roots.

    It was Sehun.

Of course it was.

    Who else would it be to ruin your night plans?

    He slowly turns around, he must've heard your uncertain feet tapping the ground.

His dark eyes move up and down on you and a hot red rises to your cheeks. Not many people have seen you in a bikini, especially a string one like this.

    Your hands fly up to cross in front of your stomach, becoming self conscious that he is observing your body that you yourself were never comfortable with.

    "Are you coming in or just gonna watch me?" Sehun says, his voice soft for a change.

    "I didn't expect anyone else to be hear," you spit back.

    His expression changes. He isn't surprised or insulted, but rather amused. You can't tell if you can see a small grin on his face or the darkness is just playing tricks on your eyes.

    "That's too bad, but I'm not leaving," he says, causing you to release an annoyed grunt, "But I'd love for you to join me."

    Alright that's a little weird, if it had been any other night he would've just stormed inside, sporting his giant temper that he's never been afraid to embrace.

    You must look taken aback because his definitely-real grin has gotten bigger. It's as of Satan climbed his way up from the fiery depths of the underworld and drew the grin on Sehun's face. Ugh.

    You move to the other side of the hot tub and remove your shoes. You set down your towel on the nearby bench and dip a foot into the bubbling water. Ahhh, warmness surrounds and almost massages your foot, encouraging the rest of you to enter. You sink into the hot water and let a sigh, closing your eyes. This is just what you needed. Even if another person was there it was all very worth it.

    Right before your eyes close you swear you see Sehun shiver a bit, not sure if its from the cold night air or from you emitting hums of enjoyment from the water. Probably the air. Yeah, definitely the air.

    A few minutes go by and you can tell Sehun is itching to say something by his constant change of position.

    "What is it," you say.

    "What is what."

    "Why are you so awkward?"

    "What?"

    "What's on your mind that's making you so.. Uncomfortable," you finally say, expecting a well thought out answer.

    "Nothing."

WOW, NICE ANSWER.

    Just give up, you were never going to get anything out of this boy.

    "It's just that.." He begins to say.

    You slide to the edge of your seat in the tub, surprised to hear the elder opening up about something for once.

    "I feel like I'm not good enough, for anyone."

And the truth comes out.

    Oh Sehun, the boy who acts out rashly, the boy who plays with others emotions, the boy with Satan's grin, is self conscious!

    You must have a smile on your face, because he immediately calls you out on it.

    "Why the hell are you smiling?"

    “I’m not!”

    “Yes you are, I can see you!”

    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy! I'm just.. Satisfied."

    "Satisfied!?"

    "Yes satisfied, because you walk around looking down your nose at everyone but on the inside you're really unstable!"

    Gosh, it even sounded appealing when you said it.

    "Well yeah! It makes me feel superior and better about myself," he tried to sound gentle about this but you’re not buying any of it.

    "Yeah, and it makes you look great," sarcasm shoots out of your mouth and it seems to have had a bigger effect on him, since he stopped squirming.

    "Does everyone hate me?" He asks, wanting an honest answer.

    "They don't hate you, they just think you could be nicer or at least control your temper better," you think you sound sympathetic, but only pathetic to him.

    "Do you hate me?"

    "Do I -"

    "You heard the question."

    "I don't-"

    "Just say it."

    "Say what?"

    "That you hate me."

    "But I don't!"

    "See I knew you did," he obviously wasn't paying attention, "Wait, what?"

    "I don't hate you."

    "You don't?"

    "I'm not very fond of you but I don't hate you."

    A smile appears on his face, as if on cue. Probably Satan's cue.

    You can't help to smile cause even though he was absolutely despicable, you had to admit he had an adorable and down to earth smile. Too bad he doesn't do it more.

    "Just be nicer to people and control your emotions. But don't control other people's emotions because that's just a stupid move," you gaze at him, watching his eyes move back and forth, taking in the new information.

    "I'll treat everyone differently when we go back to school," he says confidently.

    Maybe he's changing. People do change, and you definitely like the direction he's going in.

    "So while we're talking about personal things, are we friends?" You can't help but ask, still wondering about the whole forced-friendship situation.

    "Yes."

    "No, I mean real friends."

    "Well only real friends tell each other their feelings."

    "That's true but do you think this friendship is forced?"

    "My parents don't force it, I like to think I do."

    "You do?"

    "Yeah, cause you're cool"

    "Then why do you always fight with me?" You ask, a little annoyed.

    Sehun looks confused, his lip pouted, and he ponders over the situation. "I don't really know. You're just fun to fight with."

    "I'm fun to fight with?"

    "Yeah."

    "How? Why? Why me?"

    "I dunno, cause when we fight your face gets this shade of pink that makes you look cute."

"CUTE?"

    That was louder than expected.

    "I mean, yeah."

    "My face gets pink because I can't stand you when we fight!"

    "Oh"

    "Yeah, 'Oh.'"

    "Sorry," he sounds sincere.

    "It's fine. Just pick your battles, okay?" You say, relieved the topic of your 'cute' face is over.

    "But you really are beautiful," he says.

DAMMIT SEHUN, I THOUGHT WE MOVED ON FROM THIS HORRID TOPIC.

    "So now it's beautiful rather than cute?"

    "Did I say beautiful?"

    "Hell yeah you did," you feel a smile forming and he does too.

    "Well girls like guys who call them beautiful so I thought I'd give it a try. And I'm not lying when I say it," he confesses.

He confesses? No, no. That was definitely NOT a confession. Because he doesn't like you. Not like that, anyway. No. Nope. Never.

    "Why are you telling me all of this now?" You say, a little more forceful than intended.

    "Because I want to."

    "Why?"

    "Because I think I like you."

    "WHAT?"

    Wait, what the hell. Did Oh Sehun, the boy who fights with you for fun and ruined your night of aloneness just confess to you? Well he is the one who fights with you because he thinks you're cute and maybe he waited in the hot tub for you just to tell you this.

    It wasn't even a good confession.

    "Because I can open up to you about things and you're pretty cool. You're also pretty nice and beautiful and also when we aren't fighting you're rather funny. I don't have many close friends but I consider us really close and I wouldn't mind if he became more than friends, maybe."

    There's the confession you were looking for. It seems like he added the 'maybe' at the end just to ease the tension surrounding you both.

    Silence spreads faster than anything but time seems to stop.

    Minutes pass. You take in what he just said, still unable to register any of it. He thinks you're cool? He thinks you're funny? And nice? And beautiful? A week ago you two were fighting over what television channel to watch - the food channel or a horror movie (surprisignly Sehun was the one who wanted to watch the food) - and now he's telling you he wants to be more than friends? All your fights did seem similar to an old married couple but.. No. Never! 

    You and Sehun would never be anything more than what you are now, or 'friends' according to him.

    But he does think you're cool, and funny, and nice, and beautiful! Nobody has ever confessed to you before and this seemed like a pretty great one.

    "Are you going to say anything?" Sehun's voice shakes you out of you're daze.

    You come back to your senses and look up at him. Expecting to see a tempered, impatient face that would match his remark, you rather see a soft face full of compassion.     He almost smiles at you and you almost smile back.

    He moves closer to you in the hot tub, onto the edge of his seat.

    Oh damn, did he think that smile meant a yes? It wasn't even a smile it was a weird 'I feel awkward' kind of smile!

    You're suddenly very aware that Sehun is shirtless. You look at him, his collarbones stand out. Sehun had a very nice body and a sharp complexion, but you had never really noticed before. You never really noticed anything before but now that you think about it he used to smile when he was with you. Not a big smile, but a comfortable smile.

    "Sehun, I don't know if I feel the same way about you," as the words leave your mouth you realize how close he's gotten to you.

    "Well I’ll just have to change that," he says, smiling his charming smile.

    "Wait wha-"

    His lips crash into yours, soft and warm. Mint fills your mouth and he kisses you again and you can't help but kiss back. You admit it wasn't a terrible experience, but your mind was spinning and trying to understand what was happening.

    You were kissing Sehun.

    Sehun was kissing you.

And you liked it.

    He seemed to like it too, due to the way his lips moved perfectly with yours.

    Big, strong hands move to your sides, and you don't mind. They travel all around your body. Massaging your legs, stomach, and back. He keeps his respectful distance though, which makes you melt into the kiss even more. His lips dance with yours and you don't want it to end.

    Sehun pulls apart first, panting for breath.

    His eyes stay glued to yours, and he smiles. Not a Sehun smile, but a real one. And you smile back, unable to hide your happiness. You are genuinely happy with what just happened. You want it again.

    You lean in slowly, and your hands snake their way to the nape of his neck. You meet his lips halfway for a few small kisses. His lips feel like pillows and they're forever smiling now. Even while kissing he smiled, and it was the best.

    Your hands search his body, up through his slightly damp hair and down onto his prominent collarbones. Even to his back, feeling every muscle he had.

    "Are you ever going to give me an answer?" He asks, pulling away from the kiss.

    You put your hands on his shoulders and quickly kiss him again.

    "I would love if we became more than friends, maybe," you , copying his uncertainness from before.

    His smile grows even more absolute, if that's even possible.

    He kisses you again, hands firm on your waist.

    You could get used to this, maybe.