one

The Little Bumblebee

Chanyeol's right?


I was leaning against a wall, my hands stuffed in my pockets. This girl from my class was talking me. I wasn't sure what she was talking about, to be honest. Girls never really said anything that would interest me. Well, not every girl. But I knew that this girl I was talking to was infatuated with me. Look at those rosy cheeks and those animated gestures of her hands! She wass nervous just talking to me and I always thought it was pretty cute how girls got all flustered whenever I talked to them. 

I didn't know what was so special about me, really. I didn't have milky skin like other Korean guys, instead I had tanned skin, much like the colour of chocolate. I didn't like styling my hair either, it was too much of a fuss. My nose wasn't that sharp either. Maybe it was because I was tall. Or maybe the fact that I didn't really cared about the girls that talked to me. Girls dig guys who act like jerks, right? 

Whatever it was, I wasn't sure what I did to make them like me and still come to me. I wouldn't say I didn't like the attention though. It was nice. But sometimes it was frustrating. As much as I looked like a jerk, I definitely didn't like to act like one. I treated girls with respect and I gave them as much attention as I could. I should thank my sisters for making me the gentleman I am, I guess. But then it wasn't exactly a good thing too because girls now thought I was perfect; I looked like an ignorant jerk but was actually a gentleman. It was hard to live up to expectations of being the epitome of perfection.

It was already time for my next lecture and I almost wanted to kneel and thank the heavens. I pushed myself off the wall and interrupted the girl with, "Um... I actually have a lecture to go to..." 

"Oh," she giggled embarrassingly as she nodded. "Alright, don't be late. We'll talk again!" 

I nodded curtly and quickly walked away with my hands still in my pockets. I ducked my head, not really liking the looks I got from girls I passed by. I should have gotten used to it but it was hard. I knew I was probably handsome, since my sisters told me that and I believed them (because siblings don't normally call each other nice things). But I wasn't like this in my teenage years, believe me. I was pretty nerdy then, my hair badly cut and my face always puffy. I honestly didn't know what I ate to look like this.

I got to the lecture theatre in a few minutes and spotted my best friends that made my life in university a bit more fun. I strode towards them and plopped onto the empty seat next to you. Chanyeol was immediately pointing to me with a rude finger. It was irritating but he said something pretty nice about me (I think).

"There! My guy friend," Chanyeol announced smugly to you who was in between the two boys. He took his finger back and tilted his head up, "Besides, I've never treated you like a girl."

I gave a low whistle, pretty amused at Chanyeol's bravery (or stupidity?). You turned to give me a hard glare. I tilted the ends of my lips down as if saying 'not too bad' to Chanyeol, "You've just said what's on my mind."

You hit the both of us with the back of your hands. Chanyeol and I laughed, which probably annoyed you because you started ignoring us. I always thought it was cute whenever you got all "mad" at us because I knew you're too nice to stay angry. I'd still give you points for trying though.

Chanyeol leant forward as he waved a hand in front of me, "Yah, Kai." I wanted to ignore him justlike you were doing but that idiot was too stubborn. I looked at him with an irritated glance and he smirked, "Let's go on a picnic tomorrow. Skip classes and enjoy the weather."

Immediately, I looked at you. You were trying to concentrate on the lecture but I knew it wasn't working. Because you turned to me, seeing how quiet I was, showing how much you had been paying attention to our conversation. Your eyes started to waver at the attention I was giving you. Cute. I tilted my head at you, "Are you going?"

"I guess. I wanna enjoy the sun," you shrugged.

I smirked, totally enjoying how hard you were trying to look like you weren't nervous. So I decided to tease you a bit, "So you're going to make the sandwiches, right?"

You huffed indignantly, unknowingly making my heart thump at how cute you looked trying to be mad, "Am I your maid?!" 

Just to make you more annoyed, I glanced at Chanyeol. He was already watching us, of course. He liked watching us, that sicko. We grinned, nodding as an answer to your question. You groaned and pinched us, making us squirm. But it was worth it. I thought it was adorable, your violence. You were probably as violent as a fluffy teddy bear toy. For the rest of the lecture, we were planning of where to go tomorrow. We had thought of going to the park, but Chanyeol assumed that there was going to be a lot of people. So we settled on going to the beach. 

"What sandwich are you gonna make?" I nudged your shoulder with mine and you gave a light growl that sounded like one of my puppy's. 

"I'm not making anything!" You hmphed and ignored me for the rest of the time we had together in the lecture. 

 

 

Chanyeol was hogging the mat, laying like a starfish. I had to squeeze with you because I didn't want to touch the sand yet, causing our arms and thighs to touch. It was probably what Chanyeol wanted anyway ― me getting close to you. However, you looked like you were still as a rock, so I decided to do something. I leant forward, wanting to hit Chanyeol. My chest came in contact with your thigh since you were in between us. I felt you go even more still. 

I smacked Chanyeol in the stomach, "Yah, at least give us some space!" I sat upright again, imagining how uncomfortable you might have been. 

Chanyeol got up at once, holding his stomach as though he was in pain. Wuss. Quickly, I moved over and gave you some space. Just out of my peripheral vision, I caught you breathing like you were catching your breath. I laughed, looking at Chanyeol instead so I didn't look like I had been staring you. We spent about an hour sitting there, talking under the sun. It was fun and carefree. I thought I should let loose for the day, letting go of my cool guy front. 

I always caught you looking at me with affection, making my heart flutter involuntarily. Those eyes saw me as I was, not as some guy who looked like a jerk but was a gentleman inside. You saw me as Kai, but also as Kim Jongin. And I loved that about you. Seeing you like this made me smile more. I knew you liked it when I laughed or smiled. And I knew that I wasn't good at that usually. I smirked a lot, something I did as a habit. To be truthful, my smirks were just covers. I wanted to reserve my smiles for people who were worth it, people whom I loved. Besides, I seemed to get more girls when I smirked. 

"I'm hungry," Chanyeol announced in the middle of your story of how abusive Chanyeol could get. Even though you had said that you weren't going to cook, you still made food for us. He dug into the pasta you made and gave an ic face, "Ugh, your future husband would be the luckiest man on earth." 

I felt a slight nudge to my feet, courtesy of Park Chanyeol. A small smile slid onto my face. I heard your stomach growl and I glanced at you. You were blushing! That got to be the cutest look on you for me. I chuckled and you managed to blush even more. My elbow touched you while I was grabbing a handful of chocolate balls that I brought. You brought your hands up to your face and covered your countenance. I looked at Chanyeol and he was laughing, trying really hard not to make any noise. I gave him a playful look as I laughed even more. 

I pried your hands away from your face and hastily pushed a chocolate ball in between your lips. I knew you were shocked, so I looked away. I pretended that the incident didn't affect me when in fact, my heart was sputtering. I threw a chocolate ball in the air and caught it nicely with my mouth. Chanyeol and I started conversing again. But it was cut short when a lady walked past. The giant was stuttering and he kept blanking out while glancing in a direction. I directed my eyes to what he seemed to be looking and saw a woman staring at me. I smirked, knowing she was the one Chanyeol was drooling over. It was probably the wrong move because the lady started blushing and avoiding eye contact anxiously.

Hearing a sigh from beside me, I immediately lost interest in that female. I turned to you and saw that you were looking elsewhere with pursed lips. You didn't look very happy. I chuckled softly. Did you like me? Chanyeol always tried brainwashing me, telling me that you liked me. But did you really? Coming to think of it, you blushed a lot whenever I was there. Maybe that was what Chanyeol meant when he said you don't act like how you do when you're with him as compared to when you're with me.

I turned away, not wanting to be caught looking at you. As I thought about your actions around me, I murmured to myself with an amused smile, "Cute."

You stayed pretty quiet after that and I thought I knew the reason why. We ate a little before covering the food again to save it for later. Chanyeol proposed as he waved a disc in his hand, "Frisbee?"

You whooped and I laughed, agreeing. We quickly left our spots and took up the empty space next to our mat. We played all out, even to the extent of you jumping onto our backs to snatch the frisbee disc. You were at a disadvantage though, since we were a lot taller than you were. It was pretty charming to see how determined you were though. Once or twice, I would pretend to lose and let you get the frisbee. But you didn't need to know that you won because of a hoax.

After being monkeys for about an hour, we fell onto the mat, totally spent. In a couple of minutes of laying silently under the sun, light snoring was coming from Chanyeol. He was already dozing off. I could see that you were tired too, but I wanted to enjoy this time with you while Chanyeol was unconscious. Chanyeol is like a brother to me but I would appreciate him even more of he pretended to use the toilet more often just so I could stay alone with you longer. I guess I was selfish, but my actions were justified... Right?

I clambered to you and laid my head on your lap, my arm covering my eyes to block out the sun rays. You seemed to stop breathing and I tried hard not to laugh. It was especially difficult when you started fidgeting. I lifted my arm and rested it on my forehead. Squinting at the sun, I saw you gaping at me. I smirked, covering my eyes with my arm again. 

"Gonna blink any time now?" I asked teasingly. 

You were still so silent, causing me to chuckle. I flipped to the side, facing you. I took your arm and placed it over my temple to block out the sun instead. I felt your finger tap the back of my head, obviously twitching in nerves.

I grinned. Maybe Chanyeol was right. 

But just to test it out, I put a hand on your thigh lightly, next to my head. You froze like a statue even more than you did before if possible. I started drawing the logo of my sister's cafe, anything that popped into my head. I even wrote your name and the things or phrases that you liked to say. Laying under the warm sun and the light breeze from the sea, I was getting sleepy. To add to that, laying on your lap was probably even nicer than sleeping on my own pillow. 

Just before I gave in to sleep, I stopped moving my finger and tapped it on your leg twice. I mumbled quietly as your shocked face from when I laid my head on your lap flashed in my mind, "Cute."


Author's note:

  1. I'm gonna have to stop updating for 3 days because I'll be on a short holiday. But I promise to update the moment I get back, since I'll probably have written a chapter or so in the plane or before I sleep! 
  2. Please, please, please vote for EXO for MAMA2014!!!!! I want the boys to win all 4 catergories so so so much, so please!!!!! I know I'm degrading myself by begging but come on guys, if you have time to read my fic, you have time to vote. Voting ends Dec 2nd and it only takes like 5 minutes!! So pleaseeeeeeee

Required for log in
http://mama.interest.me/2014mama/vote

No need for log in
http://haigou.unionpay.com/mama2014.aspx
http://zy.youku.com/2014MAMA
http://zone.tudou.com/2014mama
https://www.bccard.com/app/card/evntPgrsDetailActn.do?evntNo=2014100026

Till next time
xoxo