Crush

Songs of OnTae's Life A-Z

A/N - This chapter is inspired from David Archuleta's Crush!! It is a lovely song and it reminds me of my first crush keke XD I felt it is so ontae!! Do you agree? And ITS TAEMIN DAY!!! Well almost over but still yayyyy my baby is 22 now ^-^ wonder what onew got for him!! keke XD  Taemin spam in the end XDDDD Please leave comments and let me know what you think of this chapter neh?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Just like any other thursday Jinki and taemin were at Jinki's place studying sincerely for their math exam the next day.. They both were sitting on the floor in Jinki's room with books sprawled everywhere.. Neither Jinki's nor Taemin's parents ever objected of them studying together.. They were inseperable.. Jinki was the not so smart one but could do math well.. Taemin could study everything on his own but when it comes to math, he is dumb.. The moment he is happy that he acheived a step and moves on he forgets how he derived the answer.. Yeah so Jinki helps him..

 

Jinki was trying to explain Taemin how to factorize an equation and was trying really hard to get Taemin to understand it but to Taemin it all looked like Greek and Latin.. The heavens weren't on Taemin's side it seemed so.. Just when Taemin started to get it the power went out.. Jinki and Taemin both hissed in frustration..

"Stay put.. I will go get some candles.. ", Jinki got up to go in search of some candles.. He immediately stumbled over something and fell down knocking taemin down with him..  You see Jinki is the clumsy one.. He cant walk around without getting hurt in broad daylight let alone darkness..

Both Jinki and Taemin had shut their eyes tight as a natural reaction to the sudden collision.. The moment they opened their eyes the room was lit up.. Jinki was fine but Taemin was getting a little breathless as he was now sandwhiched between the floor and Jinki.. The said person tried to lift himself off as soon as he realised the position he was in but then again.. Malhaedwo jinki sangtae~~.. As he tried to lift himself up he placed the palm of his hand on a pencil which just rolled,taking jinki arm along and once again knocking him down.. This time Jinki and Taemin bumped their heads hard together.. "ahh.." Taemin hissed.. Jinki dint even think twice before rubbing at Taemin's forehead constantly murmuring"I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry"

Taemin was the first to notice the awkward position they were lying in.. Taemin was sprawled on the floor,next to his books.. Jinki on him and their limbs were tangled..The small blush that crossed Taemin's cheeks went unnoticed by the hyper Jinki who was busy making sure Taemin dint form a bump on his head..

"Umm.. Jinki.. I-I'm finee" ,Taemin said grabbing Jinki's hands that were examining his head.. That's when Jinki noticed the awkwardness of the situation.. His cheeks dusted with a light pink as he bit his lip and murmured the last sorry..

They scattered and hurried to sit up straight not to give any wrong impression to Jinki's mom, whose footsteps they heard approaching them.. Jinki cleared his throat trying to hide his blush and Taemin just blinked randomly and gently slapped his cheeks hoping to dust off the pink which ofcourse did not work..

"Are you guys okie? I heard a loud thud! Was that you son?",Mrs.lee asked all concerned and well she knew how clumsy Jinki can be.. She has a mini clinic at home just in case..

"N-neh umma.. It was me.. I stood up to get candles and fell.. I'm fine", Jinki assured his mom..

"Aigooo.. Call me next time arasseo by the way Taemin.. Your mom called.. Your mom and dad went out and forgot to give the keys to the neighbour.. So they asked you to sleep in today.. And you know you are always welcome here.. I will call you guys down for dinner k?" Mrs.Lee smiled brightly and left the boys alone to continue their studying..

Taemin just left a sigh which Jinki noticed and frowned.. "wae? Dont you like to sleep over at my place?",Jinki asked playfully pouting..

Taemin was just dumbstruck for a minute.. He couldn't think straight.. He was so confused with all these weird feelings.. He never felt so intimidated in Jinki's presence.. Recently he has been stealing glances at Jinki a lot.. Taemin dint have an answer for it when confronted by kibum, Taemin's best friend(a year senior)  and  and he treats him like his elder brother.. Taemin often blushed at Jinki's touch.. Kibum notices everything!

Now that Jinki was using aegyo on him he was helpless "PLEASE STAHPPPP" he screamed in his mind.. When he finally managed to not stare at Jinki he squeaked out a little "A-anii" to which Jinki gave him an eye smile.. "andwaeeeeeee~~~" taemin mentally banged his dead against the desk..

"Taem.. You are so out of it today.. Are you okay? Was it from the fall earlier? Did it knock your brain out of your head?", Jinki chuckled but earned a smack from Taemin.. He thanked god for at least giving the stability to react to Jinki's lame comments otherwise he would seem suspicious!

After dinner they both went back to Jinki's room and Jinki started to get the bed ready for them to sleep.. Now Tae got nervous.. Very nervous actually.. It was his first time staying over after realizing his feelings for Jinki.. Heck he don't even know what to call them.. His palms started to sweat and he blinked even more rapidly.. The thing is he often sheds his clothes when he sleeps and he cant keep his hands and legs to himself.. Jinki knew this side of him and he never minded when Taemin would punch him in the face in his sleep.. Jinki silently washed away his bleeding nose and went back to sleep.. Jinki also never minded that Taemin being the petite one occupied more than half of the bed and still used Jinki's body to rest his legs.. They are friends since so long, even though it bothered him in the start he got used to it and it dint bother him anymore..

 Taemin wanted to act decent in front of Jinki.. He was suddenly not comfortable stripping in front of him.. Or sleeping in the same bed as him..

" Bwoye? Hurry.. Jump in sleepy head and don't blink so much you will go blind", Jinki laughed and jumped onto the bed..

Taemin slowly walked to the other side of the bed and lied down, his back facing Jinki.. Jinki was confused.. Why was Taemin acting so weird? Did something happen?

"Tae.. Not gonna strip tonight?", he tried to cheer his friend but he got no response..

"Tae.. You okay?", Jinki asked trying to move a little closer..

"Yeah Jinki.. Just leave me be", Jinki stopped and moved away and lied down on his side of the bed looking at the ceiling trying to think of what's going on in his friend's mind..

After what seemed like hours of silence Taemin murmured" Jinki.. C-can I ask y-you a q-question?"

The older frowned a little still looking at the ceiling and squeaked out a little "yeah?"

 

Taemin took few deep breathes and turned around to face Jinki.. He blushed quite hard when Jinki turned to face him too.. Thank god it was dark in the room.. Taemin bit his lip, nervous and thinking how to frame the question properly..

 

"sooo? What is it tae?", Jinki tried again..

"Umm.. W-what do you think of people w-who like the s-same gender as theirs?", Taemin asked his heart beating so fast against his ribs and his hands and feet went cold..

"well.. It all depends on the person's taste actually.. I don't discriminate anyone based on their ual interests.. If a person is happy with some one and they accepted them, then who am I to judge?" Jinki said coolly

 

Taemin blinked twice in admiration for his friend..

"Is that it? If so then sleep.. You have been so jumpy all day.. Is something else bothering you Taeminnie?", Jinki's voice was full of concern making Taemin's belly do the excited flips and the new nickname sending shivers down his spine..

"N-no.. That's it Jinki... Thanks.. I will sleep now..", Taemin buried his face in the pillow and rubbed against it, trying to get rid of the pink on his cheeks..

Taemin did not know when he fell asleep.. Middle of the night Taemin shivered from the cold breeze from the window that they accidentally left open.. He sleepily reached around for a blanket to cover himself but he felt restricted.. Unwillingly he opened his eyes a little and saw that there was a hand around his waist holding him in his place.. He was half curled up.. He squirmed awake with Goosebumps all over his body when he felt someone breathing on his neck.. Slowly turning around he saw that Jinki was spooning him.. Taemin's heart began to beat against his chest frantically.. Suddenly he wasn't so cold anymore instead his palms began to sweat and his body felt hot.. He laid still for a moment or so to try and calm himself down.. His heart seemed to be running ten thousand miles at a time.. He tried to gently nudge Jinki away..

To his annoyance Jinki did not move a muscle.. He seemed to be in deep slumber.. Jinki's lips doing the little flutter as he breathes and the little whistle sound that made after.. Taemin wasnt sure if his hearing sense is so good to start with or only right now he is able to hear everything so clearly.. When Jinki moved his hand away to scratch himself Taemin grabbed the opportunity to turn around.. He placed his hands on Jinki's chest ready to push him away but when his eyes landed on his hyungs face he was awestruck again... Why was he feeling like this? Slowly his gaze fell on his friends lips.. Their faces were inches apart and his cheeks heated up.. Jinki's warm breathe on his face.. He subconsciously inched forward.. Those lips were so inviting.. Taemin you are not supposed to do this! No no no.. His mind was screaming at him.. A small peck wouldn't hurt right? He is sleeping.. He wouldn't even know.. His heart kept whispering.. Taemin closed his eyes and decided to go with his heart.. Just when he could feel the pillowy lips on his, Jinki squirmed.. Taemin immediately turned around and prentended to sleep.. His face heated up to the tips of his ears.. "Pabo pabo pabo" mentally slapped himself.. He made a mental note to not sleep in the same bed as jinki next time.. Heck! Not sleep at Jinki's place anymore.. It was getting really hard to hide his feelings for his friend..

 

Few days passed after that night and Taemin refused any offer from Jinki to do combine studies.. After that Taemin lost the confidence in himself and also got a clear picture of what his heart was longing for.. He decided on letting  his crush on Jinki stay a crush.. But sometimes when he spent his afternoons on school grounds lazily lying around just to avoid Jinki's persuasion to come study with him and interrogation as to why he has been avoiding Jinki,he couldn't help but wonder if Jinki ever felt the same way about him and if Jinki ever gave a thought about them being more than friends..

After a few more days Jinki completely stopped asking Taemin for anything.. If you thought that Taemin was happy about it you are completely wrong! Taemin was unhappy,irritated,annoyed, angry .. He just wanted to punch Jinki for  making him feel these things.. He saw Jinki and key hanging out together one afternoon at a cafe and he just felt his blood boil! Okie great! Jealousy now? Seriously Taemin!! He just pouted to himself and walked away.. Jinki and him barely spent time together anymore.. After all this years of friendship Taemin was drifting away because of a stupid crush.. No way!! Taemin decided to bury his feelings and spend his time with Jinki as much he can now because once they enter college and if they continue to be distant like this Taemin feared Jinki might even forget him..

 

The next day Taemin went to Jinki..

"h-hey..  C-can we study together today for tomorrow's exam?" Taemin asked with much difficulty

"Well.. Let me check.. I dunno I guess I am busy tonight!",Jinki dint look his way and he checked his phone for something but Taemin saw that smirk on his face and he knew Jinki was playing the tit for tat now..

"Mmmm.. Looks like I have an appointment tonight! I wont be able to make it.. Sorry and I thought you study everything on your own" Jinki tried hard to keep a poker face and Taemin got more irritated..

"yahhhh.. I at math! The entire school knows it! Now shut up and wait for me after school",Taemin said and walked to his seat leaving  Jinki gaping at him!

 

For one Taemin was not sure if Jinki would wait for him after the stunt he pulled but when he saw him near the gate his heart swelled! He almost was on the verge of tears but he masked it with a bright smile.. "Heyyy.. Thanks for waiting up.. Kaja" Taemin threw an arm around Jinki's shoulder making Jinki scruff at him in disbelief..

 

Once they were home they got freshened up , ate the delicious snacks made by Jinki's mom and started studying for the test.. Well Taemin was.. Jinki was still staring at him in disbelief , needing some answers for his behavior in the last few weeks.. Taemin cant just act as if nothing happened.. He needs explanation.. Taemin felt Jinki's scrunitizing glare on him but decided to ignore because he was not ready to answer the questions which he knows Jinki will ask..

 

Jinki gave up and started studying and helping Taemin.. Once they were done, Taemin packed his bag ready to leave when Jinki's mom came up to him and said their parents had forgotten to give the keys to the neighbours AGAIN!!

Taemin's brain fused!! Like what the hell? His parents' forgetfullness is getting on his nerves now!! They even FORGOT Taemin asked a duplicate key to be made for him.. Damn it! Now it means he had to sleep at Jinki's house AGAIN! no no no noooooo not a good idea! Why is this happening to me???

Jinki noticed that Taemin's face go pale..

"Yahh.. What's the problem? Do you really hate sleeping at my house so much?" Jinki asked worried!

"Is it so Taeminnie? Are you not comfortable here?" Jinki's mom asked worried too..

"A-aniyeyo!! I am fine", he grinned bright masking his worry..

 

I will be sleeping in the same bed as Jinki again!!

He rushed to the washroom to calm his beating heart and wash that pink off his face!

DO NOT DO ANYTHING STUPID TAEMIN!! he told himself looking into the mirror and splashed his face with loads of water attempting to wake up if this was some twisted dream.. Which to his disappointed was not!

Once he was out he noticed that Jinki changed into his pjs.. He gave Taemin some comfortable clothing and went downstairs asking him to join him for dinner once he done changing..

Taemin took his time to change wondering why he was so nervous around Jinki and wondering if he would be ever comfortable around him anymore.. He missed those old days when they used to hangout and fool around.. He felt guilty for pushing Jinki away and sorry that he hurt him.. He just wished this stupid crush would go away..

After dinner the most dreaded moment of the night(for taemin) sleeping.. Jinki as usual threw himself on to the bed and made himself comfortable.. Taemin walked to the other side of the bed and curled up onto his side praying he would fall asleep super fast and avoid from doing anything stupid..

To his distaste he couldn't fall asleep at all.. He was anxious.. His heart wouldn't stop beating so fast and he felt as if there was a heavy rock on his chest choking him down.. He stayed still in his position staring into the dark.. When he heard the peaceful snore behind him he knew Jinki was fast asleep.. Even though his mind was screaming at him not to.. He turned around.. From the little light in the room he could see the outline of Jinki's features.. He reached out to caress his cheek.. Taemin softly Jinki's cheek with his fingers.. A tear slipped from his eye.. It pained him to be feeling like this.. Why me? He wanted Jinki to himself but he couldn't have him.. He felt wrong for feeling like this.. He knew if this goes on he will lose Jinki one day, the thought was so painful..

 

He stared at Jinki for sometime and he noticed how his heart calmed down a bit.. Taemin's gaze dropped to those inviting lips again.. omg! No lee taemin! NO NO NO.. May be first and last time!? NO..

Taemin sighed.. He brought his fingers to his lips,kissed them and gently moved his hand towards Jinki's lips to place that indirect kiss.. He smiled happily once he did it.. What he did not notice was Jinki stopped snoring..

"You know a real kiss would be much better!", Jinki said his voice hoarse from the sleep..

Taemin's heart stopped for a sec and before he could even react Jinki moved close and now they faces were inches apart from each other!

Taemin mind went crazy! " !!"

"J-Jinki.." Taemin squeaked

Jinki just held on to him and stared into his eyes..

"Tae.. Do you think I really am that stupid to not know how you feel about me? You don't strip anymore before you sleep.. You act all jumpy around me? And you curl up in the bed and not do the acrobatic moves you usually perform while you sleep.. You are not comfortable around me "

Taemin just couldn't get himself to speak and to his relief Jinki continued..

" Well let me just tell you one thing.. I have a crush on you too and heck! It aint going away anytime soon! I spent my days thinking if you ever feel the same way about me and I started to get a hint but Kibum confirmed it for me.. Do you know how happy I was? I dunno how it happened.. But when I think of these questions who makes me laugh? Who gets me the best? Who is that I cant live without? Who is that I wanna stay with for my entire life? Who is that who pops into my mind first for anything? Who is that I wanna give my all to? The answer is always you Taemin! Maybe now it may seem like a immature crush to people but I know deep down that I will be spending my rest of my life with you", Taemin was pinching himself hard..

Yup not a dream.. Gotta Kill Kibum..

He stared at Jinki in disbelief! He had to speak but he di not know what to say.. All that  Jinki said was true in his case too.. He always thought how he would confess his feelings but now he couldn’t utter a word!! Damn you lee Jinki..  

"Jinki.. I g-got a c-crush on you too and.. It aint going away", he managed to whisper making Jinki grin like an idiot.. He felt like it was lamest replies ever but he knew Jinki got the message.. He blushed deep red thanking the darkness for once..

"Now can I get that kiss?", Jinki asked smirking at Taemin who he knew is blushing deep red..

Taemin crashed his lips onto Jinki's without further ado and heck it felt better than his dreams and the way Jinki's arms protectively wrapped around his waist made Taemin heart leap on joy.. Finally!!

 

Maybe for now its a crush.. Maybe "love" is too strong of a word to use at this stage but both of them knew that their first "love you"s are for each other because they already started planning that day in their head ^-^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  

 

 

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU BIG BABY!!!!!!!!!

GAHHHHHH LOVE YOU MY LIL MUSHROOM!!!

MY SUN TO THE SHINE LEE TAEMINNNNNN!!! ^-^