Beautiful

Songs of OnTae's Life A-Z

A/N: This story is my imagination's fragment after i heard SHINee's Beautiful and also Carly Rae Jepsen ft. Justin bieber's Beautiful.. Both are wonderful songs and i love them both.. Hopefully u will like this as much as i enoyed writing it ^-^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   

 

Jinki finished sprinkling water over the beautiful bunch of flowers which were of different vibrant colors of spring. Closing his eyes he inhaled their sweet scent as a handsome smile grazed his lips. His ear twitched at the familiar ring of a cycle bell and his smile became wider, his heart raced. Hurriedly running towards to the window he saw the reason for the above causes.

He saw a black and red cycle being parked by a young boy outside the cafe, right opposite to Jinki's bouquet shop.. It wasn’t a huge one just a warm cozy shop always with fresh collections of all kinds of flowers..  Jinki leaned onto the window and dreamily sighed.. The boy's name is Taemin and is a regular customer at that cafe.. He always sits at a certain table.. His favourite spot Jinki assumed.. Taemin loves to drink cappuccino.. He always has a book in his hand that he would read sipping his coffee.. He lives down the lane.. Four blocks from where Jinki lives.. Loves pets.. Has great respect for elders and is kind-hearted..  Well Jinki dint spend all these years just watching the boy sip his coffee you see.. He had done some research.. Well stalking if you wanna call it that..

 It has become a daily thing for Jinki now.. He has been into the boy for years now but never found the courage to go confess.. Seeing the boy once, would make his day worthwhile. Time would go by so slowly on days he couldn't see Taemin: Jinki would be grumpy the entire day if he didn’t get his daily dose of the younger.

 

He watched as the boy set his backpack down beside his chair and removed his cap letting brunette locks fall freely.. He ordered his regular and leaned back basking in the warmth of the sunlight against his skin.. Jinki stared at the boy as his hair swayed in the wind and his expression so subtle and pleasant, and the small smile that grazed his lips as precious as the flower in full bloom..

Jinki would love to just watch the boy every day, every minute of his life.. He hated to go away but the door bell chimed indicating the presence of a customer.. He groaned internally and retreated to his desk..

….

That night Jinki lay down in his garden and watched the sky which was beaming with stars.. His mind making images of him and Taemin laughing together and fooling around, whispering I love you's to each other and gazing lovingly into each other's eyes and growing old together.. These images were far more beautiful to him than the star lit sky he was lying under.. Jinki wanted to do all those things with Taemin but he lacked that courage to crossover the obstacle called confession and he wasn't even sure what's the flip side of it...  But he decided he would give it a try the next day..

The next morning Jinki woke up a different person.. His heart pounded with excitement and fear! One part of him told him not to do it and the other part told him to go for it as there is nothing to lose.  Jinki dressed himself in the best of his clothes and stood in front of the mirror. Well Jinki wasn't any man.. He was a handsome one! He was tall with long honey brown hair, and chocolate eyes that go absolutely well with his hair!! A very handsome smile and oh-so-kissable lips~.. He is well built for his height.. Not too buffed up but just right.. So to put it altogether, Jinki never had a problem in pleasing the ladies because they practically swoon over him and thanks to them and his charm of capturing their hearts with nothing but a mesmerizing smile.. he keeps his business running!

With a cheerful "fighting", he left the house...

It was just a regular day at the bouquet shop for anyone who looks from the outside.. But for Jinki it was more than that.. To Jinki it was the day that decides if his decision to follow his heart was a wise one..

As he waits for Taemin to arrive at the cafe, which the younger seems to be taking longer today than he usually does on any other day, Jinki started cleaning the shop again for the fortieth time that day.. He was very nervous he wanted to occupy his mind with something else.. After sprinkling some water over the tulips that were attractively arranged  on a table, Jinki bent down to take something that fell out of his pocket earlier.. He heard the bell chime and in a hurry to get up, hit his head on the table.. “Ouch…” he flinched and hissed massaging the now sore spot on his head..

 

As he opened his eyes an alluring face came into his view..The sight more beautiful than the attractive tulips the person was now smelling and smiling at..  Jinki did not know he was staring and stopped breathing till that person waved his hand at him..

“Hi.. You have a very nice collection here.. I’m having a difficulty on which one to pick”, Taemin said giggling and trying to get Jinki’s attention..

“Yes.. Whatkindwouldyoulike? Wehaveallkindsyousee..Tulips, roses, delilahs marigolds sunflowers petunias..Anythingyoulike.. Justpickanythingyoulike..” ,Jinki spoke so fast that Taemin stood there dumbfounded..

 

Looking at Taemin’s reaction Jinki awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck and smiled.. “I’m sorry..” Jinki’s mind and heart were racing so fast he almost couldn’t think straight.. It was the first time ever Taemin came to his shop and it was the first time ever he saw Taemin up close and his beauty was blinding.. His soft petals of lips encasing his pearl whites..His brunette locks neatly tucked under a cap.. His delicate porcelain skin.. His eyes a shade of blue that reminded Jinki the color of the ocean.. Jinki thought he could live just staring into them all his life..  He dreamily sighed on the inside..

“I would like some of these red roses please”, Taemin said cheerfully..

 

“Oh..Nice pick.. What’s the occasion may I ask?” Jinki was glad he did not stutter

 

Taemin’s cheeks turned to a lovely shade of pink and he smiled embarrassed.. Jinki couldn’t help but smile..

“I.. I have a c-confession to make” , Jinki did not understand.. Or maybe he did not want to..

 

“You know.. like a love confession” , Taemin continued his cheeks now the same shade of red as the roses Jinki was packing for him..

 

Jinki’s heart began to drop.. He tried to keep up his smile.. The person he loves has a love confession to make to someone else.. Of all days on the day when he decides to confess his love.. His sunshine will be someone else’s.. Those hands will be someone else’s to hold and it will be someone else who will make him smile.. And those lips will be someone else’s to kiss..  He was buried in this thoughts and a harsh prick from the thorn of the flower got him back to reality..”Ouch” he hissed..

“You okay?” , Taemin asked concerned..

 

“Yeah.. I’m fine thanks.. Happens all the time..Don’t worry..I’m the clumsy type.. Here” , Jinki grinned brightly while handing Taemin the bouquet..

 

“Thanks so much.. Here” , Taemin paid him before Jinki could utter a word “Omg I guess he is here!! Please keep the change” ,  Taemin ran out of the shop towards a black sedan that stopped in front of the café opposite to Jinki’s shop..

 

Jinki stood there with the money in his hand.. His stare intent on the tall guy who got out of the car.. He watched both of them giggle and Taemin had the bouquet hidden behind his back and he was blushing beet red.. Jinki scrunched the money in anger as he saw them drive away in the same car.. 

That’s it.. Jinki hasn’t seen Taemin since.. Although it ached so much not being able to see him, Jinki hoped he was happy somewhere else.. Even when his heart still Jumps whenever he hears a cycle bell.. Even though his eyes always search for Taemin every time he glances at the café, he tried to stay strong!! Jinki did not break down.. He was glad that Taemin was a beautiful memory.. Even now whenever he lies down under the star lit sky he sees Taemin’s pretty face and a smile automatically graces his lips..

Many months passed..

Jinki was arranging the flowers and was about to start the day and he casually glanced at the café and he couldn’t believe his eyes.. There was Taemin sitting at his usual place but his expression was grim as he scribbled on a tissue paper intently.. His face lacked the pretty color and he looked a lot thinner.. Jinki began to panic.. This is not the way he remembers Taemin.. He saw Taemin scream in frustration and sob.. Taemin banged the pen down and left the place hugging himself tight.. Jinki was sure he saw tears on that pretty face.. Before Jinki reached the café Taemin was out of sight..  The flutter of the tissue on the table caught his attention.. To Jinki’s horror Taemin had been scribbling the name Minho all over it and striking through it..

 Jinki’s heart ached.. Taemin was not happy..

 Jinki did not know if he should be happy that Taemin was a regular again at the café or be sad that Taemin barely smiles anymore and that he looks like a walking dead body.. Like a ritual Taemin comes orders his coffee, drinks it, stares into blank space for a while and then walks away.. He looked like so broken.. Like a pretty flower that’s been shredded to pieces.. He needed to be fixed.. Jinki wanted to fix him real bad.. and he decided he would do it.. He is not going to sit back and watch Taemin wither like that..

Next morning Taemin soullessly walked to his usual destination and found a bunch of beautiful yellow orchids on his table with a note..

As you look at these flowers I know what crosses your mind.. “Beautiful” but as you see them wither it will break your heart! As I secretly admire from afar when I see my beautiful flower withering it breaks my heart too..

Taemin’s frowned.. He looked around confused.. Thinking someone must have left it there by mistake he discarded the note and the flowers and continued his routine..

Jinki just sighed as he watched Taemin discard the flowers.. But he did not give up..

This time a sunflower and again a note was on Taemin’s table..

 “You know what I love about this sunflower? It is like me always searching for the beautiful sunshine.. You confused? I have my own sunshine that I search for too.. Now it hides behind the gloomy clouds as I’m waiting for it.. My beautiful sunshine

Taemin discarded them again without a thought..

Third day a bunch of lilies again with a note which of course he discarded but this time he hesitated just a little..

The smell is intoxicating right? The sight enticing right?  I long for the enticing sight too.. The sight of the smile of that one person I admire from afar..The sight more beautiful than these lilies..”

Fourth day there were tulips..

Every stage of a flower is precious.. But we enjoy the sight of the flower that is in full bloom.. I sit here and see you struggle.. I see you as a bud that is struggling and scared to open up and love again.. I want to see you blossom again into a beautiful flower that you are..  Will you take my hand and let me nurture you through it?”

Now Taemin got curious..

The notes continued for quite a while but it surprised Jinki that Taemin never suspected him.. He enjoyed watching Taemin though.. He started to smile a little and started to take the flowers home.. Jinki was happy.. At least he was able to make Taemin smile..

Jinki got sick for a few days and had to close the shop for a few days which means there were no notes for Taemin..

Taemin was quite disappointed.. He liked those little notes.. Even though he never saw the person he could feel the love in those little messages.. They brightened up his day and make him forget his crappy past.. He was slowly starting to let go of the past.. He was starting to feel the warmth of the sun again on his skin which was like needles pricking him earlier.. He had this warm fuzzy feeling on the inside that he couldn’t pinpoint what it was..

Being the curious person Taemin was, he started to come a little early to find out who his secret admirer was..

One day as he was walking towards the cafe he saw a person near his table.. He slowly tiptoed and startled the person.. “Caught ya” The person froze and lifted his hands in surrender which made Taemin giggle..

Taemin twirled the person around slowly and was surprised to see Jinki..

“Y-You.. Aren’t y-you the owner of that bouquet shop? Wow am I dumb or what?” , Taemin stuttered embarrassed and backed away a little..

 

“No no please don’t say that.. You are not dumb.. You are beautiful.. I’m dumb.. I’m sorry.. I will just leave..” , Jinki blushed and started to walk away not to make him feel uncomfortable..

 

Taemin glanced at his table and saw a single red rose with a note..

“I Love you, Lee Taemin” , Taemin smiled to himself

 

“W-Wait” , Taemin shouted out to Jinki….“C-Coffee?”

Jinki awkwardly nodded trying hard not to smile like a retard..

As they sat there Jinki saw that Taemin was enjoying the warmth of sunlight again.. He saw Taemin’s eyes were closed, he took a deep breath and a small smile graced his lips.. The sight Jinki loved to see.. Jinki smiled too taking a sip of his coffee.. He knows Taemin saw his note but Jinki did not bring up the topic.. He will wait till Taemin is ready.. He waited all this while after all.. Right now he was glad to be sitting here and enjoying this silent moment with Taemin which he dreamed of from the other side of the road..

Taemin looked at the person sitting facing him.. He doesn’t know anything about him.. Yet he was not creeped out by the thought he has a secret admirer.. Someone who was content in loving him from afar.. Right now Taemin too just enjoyed the warm fuzzy feeling inside his stomach.. He glowed from the inside..

“I did not get your name by the way” , Taemin asked blushing a little..

 

“Oh.. I’m Lee Jinki” , Jinki said and smiled brightly..

 

Taemin blushed more as Jinki looked beautiful with his eyes disappearing like that with his genuine smile..

Beautiful” Taemin subconsciously murmured and blushed when Jinki awkwardly thanked him..

One step at a time , they both thought together..