Start and Final

This Love

She always looks so beautiful when she tries to focus on her work. This girl always gets distracted by things around her, especially her dog. She always has to stay up late to finish something because of this habit of hers. She hates it, but I think it's adorable.

I touch her head, bending down from behind as I peck her temple. "How is everything going?"

She groans, slumping against me, "I wanna give up on life."

I chuckle, "Come on, love, let's go out."

"But this is due tomorrow!"

"It's okay, I'll help you with it," I reach forward and put my hand over hers on top of the mouse. I save the document for her.

She turns around indignantly, "Luhan! You don't even know about what I have to do!"

I nod, "You're right." I see her trying really hard to suppress her irritation so I lean forward to kiss her on her nose. "Let's go watch a movie and then get something to eat. I promise we'll be back before late."

I watch as she contemplates, finally scrunching up her nose as she goes, "Screw this." And she stands up and points a finger at me, "If I get fired, it's your fault."

I nod understandably, grinning. Well, I've always told her to stop working because I could support the both of us. But she never listens, says she wants to be independent or something. She groans as she walks to the bathroom to get ready.

I grab hold of her hand the moment we leave the house. She looks pretty even in a pair of shorts and an shirt. She looks pretty in anything and I realise that she should just her quit her job and I would pay her to be my model. I squeeze her hand, reminding myself that she is indeed mine. She turns to me in question and I smile at her, giving her a swift peck on her lips.

"What's wrong with you today?" She mumbles as she presses the button in the lift. "You're extra mushy."

"You forgot my birthday?!" I gasp, letting go of her hand at once.

I see her stand frozen in her spot, her mind whirring. I start laughing and she turns to glare at me. I envelop her in an embrace, hugging her head close to my chest.

"You're so annoying!" She grumbles and I kiss her on the top of her head to appease her. "I hate you."

"Well, I'm sorry but I love you," I laugh as I pull away. She grimaces as if she doesn't like it and I wink at her, knowing well that she is just teasing.

We walk to my car and get in. She turns on the radio as we move off. I glance at her when she starts singing. She is even clapping her hands against her thighs along to the beat. She looks so carefree and now I think that this side of her is the most beautiful. Forget about looking serious. This girl in front of me is shining.

But I decide to as I take one hand off the wheel and cover . Her eyes widen and I groan jokingly, "My ear is going to bleed, love. Stop that squawking."

She hits my chest with the back of her hand and I start laughing again, taking my hand off . "The more I'm going to torture you with my singing."

And now she starts singing really badly, purposely going out of tune and screaming lyrics. I laugh at her attempt at trying to piss me off. But we both know how open I am to irritation. Especially with her, I would never be annoyed.

We reach the mall, going straight to the ticketing counter. There isn't much showing right now but she really wants to watch Maze Runner. So we do. I pay for the tickets as usual and she pecks me on the cheek as a thank you.

I like it when she shows affection. She doesn't like displaying affection but I always show it. She thinks it's cheesy but I think she ought to know how much I love her. Even though all my kisses, all my hugs and all my words are not even close to what I really feel for her, I still wanted her to know at least a quarter of my love.

There is an hour before the movie, so we decide to have a stroll around the mall. She drags me into a cosmetic shop and I follow her around like a puppy. I watch her as she stares at two different shades of pink lipsticks. She holds them out to me, looking vexed.

"Do you think I look better with this colour?" She brings a lipstick up to her lips to show me the colour difference. "Or this colour?" She holds the other one up while putting the other down.

I shrug and she groans. She uses her finger to colour her lips with the lighter pink. Then she turns to me. Her lips are moving and I know she is talking, but I couldn't help but have an overwhelming urge to claim those pink lips.

I cover with mine while she is still talking and I know she is shocked when she doesn't move. I hold onto the side of her neck gently, on her bottom lip. She kisses me back timidly and I smile against the kiss. She never liked kissing in public. I pull away and she still looks stunned.

"I think you look nice with this colour," I nod.

She gives me a look even though her cheeks are red, "Wow, I wouldn't have known."

I follow her to pay for her lipstick and I realize that people are glancing at us too frequently. They probably witnessed the kiss scene and I feel proud. Because now they know that she's mine. I entwine my fingers with hers when we leave the store as I greeted a goodbye to the staffs.

"Luhan!" She exclaims, hitting my arm with her other hand. "Don't do that next time. You're so embarrassing!"

I stop, looking at her in question. I give it a guess, "What? This?" Leaning down, I envelop her lips with mine again.

"Luhan!" She whisper-yells when I pull back quickly, her face reddening fast. I chuckle at her cuteness and she groans. "I'm never going out with you again."

"You said that the last time."

"Yeah, but this time I mean it," she grumbles like a kid as we walk to the cinema theatre.

"Sure, love," I snigger behind her as she stomps her way to find our spots.

I run my fingers through my hair, watching her. She never gets mad for real and I love that trait of hers. She is never too sensitive and I never have to hold back when I'm with her. She finally sits at the side of the theatre, where our seats are. I follow her, sitting beside her. I immediately pull the armrest between us up, making it a conjoined seat for two. I circle my arms around her waist and pull her closer to me.

"Luhan, I'm here to watch a movie, not cuddle with you," she chastises.

"Well, I'm here to cuddle with you, not watch a movie," I counter.

She ignores me conveniently. The movie starts in a few moments and she get comfortable in my arms as she leans against my chest. I rest my cheek on her head, trying to concentrate on the movie just as she is.

But she is so intent as she watches the movie, sometimes moving forward in her seat during exciting moments, sometimes gripping on my thigh during nerve wrecking scenes. Her reactions are priceless, but I wished she looked where she was touching just so she wouldn't touch me somewhere close to my sensitive area. But nonetheless, it is always a joy to catch a movie with her.

At the last part, she finally lays her head on my left shoulder, finally tired of the movie playing with her feelings. I reach my right hand up to the side of her face, smoothing her skin. She looks up at me and I see her eyes shining. I am thankful that she wore contact lenses because now I could see her beautiful eyes.

I tilt her head upwards and she closes her eyes, knowing what would come next. I smile, pressing my nose into her cheeks. My lips are grazing her skin as I give her light, butterfly kisses. When I reach her lips, I pull on her top lip slightly in between my own. I the inside of her bottom lip and I feel her scrunching up my shirt. I chuckle, pulling away from her. She loves it when I do that and I know I shouldn't when we're in public since she hates that. 

She pinches my arm, turning away to focus on the movie again. I grin, knowing she's probably blushing right now. I watch the rest of the movie half-heartedly, more focussed on her scent. We sleep in the same bed every night but I can never get enough of her smell. She's so addicting, as if she's the only reason how I'm able to live everyday. And we're already more than a year into our relationship. I've never had such strong feelings even when I passed the first year mark with my ex-girlfriends.

"He's so hot!" She gushes as we leave the theatre and I roll my eyes. 

"He's okay." 

"You're just jealous," she scoffs and then continues to squeal over someone who is not me.

"Yeah, I am."

She stops talking and looks at me. I pout and she laughs obnoxiously. Ugh, this girl is my everything but I swear to God, sometimes I just want to squeeze the life out of her. She pats my arm lightly, "It's okay, Lu. You'll get there one day with plastic surgery."

"Gee, thanks!" I grumble. She laughs, a tinkling sound to my ears. She hugs my arm in an attempt to appease me.

"I'm just kidding. No one can beat my Lu."

"Well, duh. I mean look at me―"

"Don't push your luck, babe." 

"'Kay," I purse my lips, afraid to say more. 

We aren't hungry yet, so we decide to go out for a walk. It is only six in the evening and today's weather is nice. She never likes missing out on good weather. Well, unless she's being extra lazy on a particular day. Nonetheless, we are out in the streets, walking towards a park right opposite the mall. I am holding onto her hand, not wanting to lose touch of her. 

I smooth my thumb on the back of her hand and she is walking close to my side. Every few steps we take, I would turn my head and kiss her on her cheek. She doesn't say anything, which is pretty shocking since she is one who gets shy with public affection. But I'm not complaining. I'm going to make good use of this time to display my affection for her publicly. 

The sky is still bright, since it is somewhat still summer. But the blending of the colours from day to night makes my girl fascinated as she stops. I stop along with her, looking at where she is gazing at with sparkling eyes. The sky is slightly pinkish, almost orange. The clouds are prettily arranged and I turn my head to look at her. She always has a knack for pretty things. But then I wonder why she doesn't really like looking at her own face in the mirror if she likes beautiful things. 

Her side profile is as pretty as every part of her body. Her eyes that are slightly droopy, making her look tired almost all the time. Her perfect sharp nose that is silhuetted against the light. Her tiny lips that I love to give kisses to. She looks breathtakingly beautiful. 

"It's so beautiful," she mumbles, still looking at the sky.

The endearing smile on my lips are involuntary as I murmur, "You're beautiful." 

She turns her head, looking at me. But I immediately lean closer and meet her lips with mine. Yes. She is beautiful. And I love her.