Chapter 1

Shining Moonlight

I'm making this new story. It's a bit similar to Hi School Love on. But please enjoy

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi my name is Lee Shinhae. I’m a 17 yr old girl in high school class year of 2018 - 2019 and my birth date is December 10, 2001. My life isn’t the life I wanted. I wanted a life with a mother and father. I live with my grandma. She owns a restaurant that is also a house and she makes the most delicious ttebboki. I have to be really quiet because my grandma is still sleeping. Right now is 7:15 a.m. and I’m cleaning and preparing the restaurant before it opens at 8 a.m. After a few 10 minutes of cleaning. My phone rings. I pick up my phone and saw a text from my friend Choi Hyoji.

 

Hey Shinhae. Don’t forget practice starts at 7:45a.m. Today and also another practice after school. See yah!

~Choi Hyoji~ 7:25a.m.  April 13, 2019

 

Oh Snapple. I forgot today we return back to school from spring break. I rushed upstairs to my room and grabbed my school clothes out. I put my backpack on my bed and grabbed my school clothes and towel and ran to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and dried myself then put on my school uniform then I ran to my room and put on my socks. Then I put on my backpack and ran back downstairs. I put on my shoes and put my phone in my pocket of my sweater. I opened the door then around hearing stair steps. I looked until something appeared.

It was my pet cat "SooYun," and my grandma. SooYun came towards me. I petted her and looked at my grandma.

" Good Morning Grandma. Oh um can you feed SooYun. I have to go to practice." I said.

"Okay darling and have a good day at school." she said.

"Thanks and bye! Bye SooYun!" I said and left.

   As I walked to school, which is like 37 minutes away by walking. I turn on my phone and noticed the time was 7:39a.m. Oh my Genius. I was going to be late in 6 minutes if I run it still a waste of time and energy. I noticed a cab coming my way. I rushed to the side of the street and hailed for the cab. The cab stopped for me. I got inside and closed the door.
 

"To Arts of Seoul High School, please." I said to the driver. The driver started driving. I stared at the driver. He looks kind of weird. But who cares I need to text Hyoji.

 

I'm on my way to school. Tell Mrs. Park I’m on my way and don’t start class yet. See yah!

~Lee Shinhae~ 7:43a.m. April 13, 2019

 

As I waited for her response I got my ear buds and listen to music on my phone. I stared out the window looking at scenery of passing buildings. After a few minutes I saw buildings that were close to the school. Then the car stopped. I got out the car and started to walk. I felt a tug on my sweater. I turned around noticing the driver pulling me. He started mouthing but I couldn’t hear so, I took my earplugs and heard him yelling.

"You forgot to pay me!" he said.

I made an "O" face and nodded to him. I looked for my wallet. But I couldn’t find it. I opened my backpack and searched and it wasn’t there. I checked my sweater and it wasn’t there either. Then I remember I put some of my money in my phone case between the batteries. I opened my phone case noticed my money was gone. Then I remembered I bought bubble tea and a charm that is now on my phone. I looked at him and noticed he wearied the same uniform I did. Ah hah he goes to my school but, I never seen him before. I looked at his nametag, Nam Woohyun.

 

 “I’m sorry Woohyun-ah but I forgot my wallet in my room. I’ll pay you tomorrow at school. Okay.” I said. He got even more frustrated. He then pointed a finger at me.
 

“If you don’t pay me exactly in 24 hours, you are toasted bread.” He said. I gulped and then I straighten out.

“You are so threatening.” I said back to him. He walked back to his car, ignoring me. So rude.

BING. I looked at my phone it was a text from my Wild_Beast. I smiled as I read what he wrote. I placed my ear buds back on. Before I crossed the street I looked both ways for cars. Then I walked and text the same time. I’m about ¾ across the street then I feel a hug behind me which pushed me to the sidewalk. I turn back slowly noticing it was Woohyun. I quickly pushed away.

“Ewww why did you do that?!!” I said. As I looked at him he got so irritated. He then placed his hands on my shoulders, shaking me back and forth complaining what he did.
 

“I saved your life, women! That car going by so fast it was going to hit you; so much careless people in the world.” He said. While he was complaining all I did was stare at him how he was so protective. Oh my gosh. I grabbed his hands and hugged him like I’m a maniac. I then released him and looked at him.

 

“Thank you so much my hero. But now I have to give you a double treatment. How about I pay you and bring you somewhere you would want to go tomorrow after school. Okay. But here’s my number call me whenever you want or need to if something happens.” I said and walked away to the school gate entrance. I looked at my phone noticing the time was really how I didn’t want it to be. So I ran to the swimming pool building as fast as I could. When I arrived Mrs. Park started to dismiss the class. I walked to her.

“I’m sorry I’m late.” I said.

“How about you clean up the pool? And I better see you at practice after school or else you’re out the team.” She said. So harsh, she doesn’t know what happened to me. I bowed down to let her know my response.

I then stood straight looking at Mrs. Park leave. I start picking the floats inside the pool. Then a door shut. I looked to see who it was and it was HyoJi. She stood at the end of the pool.

“Hey, do you need help?” She said. I knew that she to go to class. So,

“No, it’s okay. You go to class before you are late like I am.” I said. She sighed.

“Fine, I guess I’ll see you in 8th hour class.” She said. I waved at her and she waved back. She shut the door and left. I sighed and hurried cleaning up. After a few minutes I finished. I went to my locker and changed into my regular uniform. I walked to class, late. As I was got there, the teacher punished those who were late. He saw me and said

“Why are you late?” I smiled at him. 

"Mr. JongKook I was cleaning the swimming pool and was practicing for the tournament next month. Sir,” I said. He patted my back.

“Oh my I shouldn’t let a girl that is doing a tournament next month and torture her legs.” He said. I smiled.
"But it isn’t until next month so hands up.” He said. I sighed. I stood next to someone who was also late. I tried to look at his face but he was too tall. I lightly kicked his shoe to get his attention. He looked at me and I smiled back at him.

“Hello Sungyeol-ah.” I said quietly. He smiled in return. We heard steps going up the stairs. Once the person was revealed. I smiled.

“Woohyun-ah Hello!!!” I yelled. He looked at me like he didn’t know me at all.

I looked at him and smiled. Then Mr. JongKook looked at me fiercely.

“Young lady no talking when you are in punishment. So now that takes you another clean up in the library after school. And if you don’t you get after school detention and clean up the auditorium after the band finish their practice.” He said. I awed. Remembering that I had practice after school too. I then thought of doing the other punishment tomorrow.
 

"I’ll take the punishment tomorrow after school sir.” I said. He nodded in agreement. Then someone tapped Mr. JongKook shoulder, he turned around and saw Woohyun.

 

“Do you need help young man?” Mr. JongKook said.

"Umm are you Mr. JongKook? If so you are my homeroom teacher, right?” Woohyun said.

 

“Oh right you’re the new kid that was coming today. Let’s get you in class. Hands down and get in class.” Mr. JongKook said. I and Sungyeol put our hands down walked inside class. I sat in my seat with no one next to me. Woohyun was in front of the class.

 

“Okay introduce yourself.” Mr. JongKook said. Woohyun bows down 90 degrees.

 

“I’m Nam Woohyun and I’m glad to be in this class. Also please take well care of me. Thank you.” He said. It’s like he’s like a cashier at a store.

 

“Okay take a seat next Shinhae.” Mr. JongKook said. Yay my hero sits with me. I looked at him as he sits next to me.

“Hi hero Woohyun-ah.” I whispered to him. He wrote something on piece of paper. Then he slid it to my desk.

 

"Hi deaf-girl. Who can’t hear a car coming towards her? And almost died but I, Nam Woohyun saved her. And now is her hero."

 

I looked at him and he smiled. I crumbled the note and threw it away. We had 5 minutes until the bell rang for next class. So everyone talked and walked around the class and as for me and I sat and drew pictures. Then Woohyun got some friends to talk to. So I was sitting by myself. Then I see 2 notes are on my desk. I read them all and they were from the pop girls.

 

Don’t you dare think about liking our Woohyun and Sugyeol and don’t even touch him.

Go away from our Woohyun and Sugyeol. Besides no one likes you.

 

I smiled as I read them. I love it when people hate me. I ignore it and just continue drawing. Then Sungyeol sat next to me.

 

“What are you drawing?” He asked. I showed what I was drawing.

 

“That’s nice. So how’s life?” he asked. I beamed a smile.

 

“I got this today, Sungyeol-ah” I said and showed him the notes that the pop girls gave me. He read them so fast. Once he finished he looked at me. I’m like wow; well he is smart and handsome.

 

“Wow, that’s mean. When they saw you go away from me. Don’t go. I need you, without you I’m lonely.” He said. I blushed as he said that. I nodded for his response. He patted my head.

 

“Besides I bet there is someone out there who likes you the way you are.” He says. I smiled.

 

“Well I hope I find hi---RANG RING RANG” I got disturbed by the bell. I grabbed my stuff and walked out of class with Sungyeol.

 

“I tell you later at lunch. Okay.” I said. He nodded and left to his class. As I walked down the hallway to class I notice that Woohyun was following me. I turned around seeing him walking like he’s so cool.

 

“Yah!! Superman why are you following me?” I said.

 

“I guess I go to your class for this hour.” He said. I ignore him and started texting my beast boy. I wait for his reply Hyoji catch up with me.

 

“Hey did you remember we’re doing are partner assignment today?” She said. I made an “O” face. “I remember.” I said.

 

Beep. I got a text. Hyoji got curious that she grabbed my phone out of my hands. She read it fast and handed it back. Hyoji stared and smiled at me. My on-line boyfriend texted me.

 

I’m already stressed on the first day of school. This guy punched me and I got so annoyed. But anyways how are you?

                   Wild_Beast

 

I pouted as I read what he wrote. I texted him back before I got inside class. As I walked into class, I go to my seat next to Hyoji. Then, Mrs. Jihyo explained the directions for our assignment/project. We had to build a building that has history in it. I kept on looking at Hyoji because that’s what people do when they pick partners; going to do the palace in Korea. We both were great artists so we collide our art knowledge together. Then, Bing. An A+ assignment/project. After Mrs. Jihyo finished her speech. I went over to Hyoji desk and discussed about the project.      After my 5 classes of the morning. It was time for lunch. I entered the cafeteria. I usually sat with Sungyeol but he wasn’t there yet. I sat at my table waiting for my buds to come. Except Hyoji because she doesn’t come to lunch at this hour. She has band right now and if band was cancelled she’d go to her club and finish unfinished work. But after school I’ll see her because we work at my grandma’s restaurant. I sighed as I wondered where Sungyeol. I guess I should text him. I got out my phone and started typing.

 

Where are you? You know I won’t eat without you because I’m lonely getting lunch by myself.

        ~Shinhae~ 1:03 a.m. April 13, 2019

 

I sighed as waited for his reply. I should probably tell you about Sungyeol. Well me and him were best buddies ever since 2nd grade and we got separated in middle school. I have feelings for him but I’m dating Wild_Beast. Once I know my real feelings I really wouldn’t know what to do. Instead of thinking of all of that, I played a game on my phone. Then I heard a chair scooting. I put my phone down noticing Woohyun sitting across from me at my table.

 

“Why are here? Why aren’t you sitting with your new friends?” I said.

 

“Well you looked like you were a lonely hobo so I thought I could keep you company.” He said. I gasp as he called me a hobo.

 

“Well, I don’t need you company…..Beep.” I got cutted off by the sound from my phone which meant I got a text. I looked at my phone and got a text from Sugyeol saying:

 

I’m really sorry Shinhae, but I’m going to be late for lunch and I’ll be there around 1:15. So please eat without me, just this time once. I’m sorry.

                   ~Sungyeol~ 1:05 a.m. April 13, 2019

 

I sighed and remembered I had money in my shoes. So, I took my right shoe off and placed them on the table.

 

“What are you doing?” Woohyun said. I look at him then back to my shoe.

 

“I’m getting my money.” I said.

 

“You know you can pay for my lunch and that pay half of the payment. That’s a deal, you know? Yes or no?” He said. I got too convinced and said yes. I found my 10,000 won bill. And I cheered so loud that the whole cafeteria heard me. I told him to follow me to the food carts.

 

“Get whatever you want and when you’re done, go sit.” I said. He nodded in response. I got rib eye with fried rice, ttebboki, cookie’s n cream ice cream in a cup and bubble tea. I went to the lunch lady to pay.
 

I gave her my money and said, “I also paying for that guy.” I said while pointing at Woohyun.

 

She nodded and took the money. I smiled and walked back to the table, and noticed that Sungyeol was there. I quickly sat next to him. He looked at me.

 

“Where’s my food?” He said. I pouted at him.

 

“I’m sorry. Here take mine’s.” I said.
"No it’s okay.” “No its not. I’m just gonna take the ice cream though.” He smiled and petted my head.

 

I ate my ice cream while he ate what I ordered. Sungyeol then tapped my shoulder. I turned to his direction and noticed a spoon in my face.

 

“Say ahhh.” Sungyeol said. I smiled and opened my mouth and chewed. I gave him a thumbs up. Then I got a spoon full of ice cream and fed him. Woohyun looked at us like we’re creeps.

 

“Are you two dating?” Woohyun asked us. Sugnyeol was the first to answer.

 

“No, she’s dating this guy that is treating her right, and if he doesn’t tell me and I’ll find someone perfect for her. Besides I’m her BESTIE since 2nd grade.” He said. I nodded in agreement. Woohyun got even more curious.

 

“What’s his name? Deaf-girl.” He said.

 

“That shall be untold until I….we break up.” I said. Woohyun sighed. We talked and eat and began to know each other.

 

As the day flew by, I walked home after practice with Hyoji to the restaurant. We did our shift until 7 p.m. Hyoji left because her shift was over. It was just me and grandma but grandma went to her room. So basically it was me. I starting to close the restaurant but someone came inside. He took off his hoodie. I got surprised and thought he got shocked too. It was Woohyun.

 

“Why are you here at this time?” I asked.

 

“I got bored from eating food at home so I came to restaurant that was opened, and that is this.” He said. I sighed.

 

“I was closing up. But I guess you can still eat here. But I also put away the ingredients for ttebboki. How about I give you bubble tea and you can wait while I make it. Okay?” I said. I walked into the kitchen but stopped from a tug.

 

“You don’t have to do it yourself. I’ll help you.” He said. I nodded. Then we got the ingredients out then prepared it then cooked it. While it was cooking we watched TV.

 

The whole time, when we doing all of that, my heart couldn’t stop pounding. Why is he so nice? I thought really hard thinking why. After a few minutes of waiting the pot started bubbling. We ran to the kitchen, the ttebboki was finished. Woohyun severed it on a plate and I got him a glass of water. I spilled a little on the floor, that wouldn’t do any harm. I placed next to his plate. We both went to the sink and washed hands. I finished washing my hands so I started walking out the kitchen but I slipped on water and I knew I’d fall on the floor so I closed my eyes. Few seconds later, I felt no pain. Then I look at what was in front of me, Woohyun. This time his face is really close. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what do I do? My heart is going out of control!! Someone help!

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Next chapter is coming soon.