TOL 3

Taste of Love

 

 

Taste Of Love

3

 

Hyukjae swears Donghae’s look was murderous.

The servant watched as the Prince slowly stood up, holding his necklace and scarf in his hands. He ordered the servants standing on the floor to drag the librarian away, before the library’s oak doors shuts with a loud slam!

Hyukjae bit his lips when Donghae gave him a hurt look.

“All this time, you’re here?”

He nodded solemnly, noticing that his hands were shaking due to nervousness. As he looked backed at Donghae, he saw tears b in his eyes. “I.. I waited there.. y-you didn-t.. I was- looking for you everywhere..”

Hyukjae realized that he was talking about the past, and guilt instantly flooded him. “I.. I-I’m sorry.. it’s just I.. was too late when I got back-“

“Why didn’t you tell me that you’re here?”

He bowed his head low, taking sudden interest at his worn old shoes. “I.. don’t know. I’m sorry.” He heard a soft sigh and felt something on his neck, and when he looked up the Princes’ face was so close he can’t do anything but to stare. Then he realized that he was actually putting back his necklace and scarf. As the Prince sniffed, Hyukjae dared to touch his cheeks and wipe his tears.

Donghae stared at him, and then he sighed again, before burying his face on Hyukjae’s neck and hugging him. Hyukjae did the same to his chest and blushes but bit his lip before smiling giddily as he let out a small sigh.

He was about to hug him back when came a loud knock.

“Your Highness. I was told by her Majesty to call you in her study, and tell you that bring the house servant, Lee Hyukjae, with you.”

 

“Sweetie?”

Hyukjae didn’t even look up his parents. Burying his face on the pillow and thin blanket, he let fresh tears fall from his already swollen eyes. As he sniffed the umpteenth time, his parents decided to leave him alone.

The Queen and King eventually learned what he did the other day, and they were forced to make him leave the palace, as stated by the law. At that time, Donghae was seething in anger, but Hyukjae just gave him a nod and a small smile that he would be fine.

‘Do I look like I’m fine?!’ he screamed mentally as he bury his face on his pillow more, not caring his thundering stomach due to not eating for two straight days. Because for that two long days, Donghae didn’t even send him any message or visited him. What the hell right?

Hyukjae was having sadistic thoughts about chickens when Sungmin and Kyuhyun arrived looking agitated and scared. It was rare for Hyukjae to see them that panicked, so he immediately got up despite his terrible headache. “Hyukjae, you need to go back.”

“Why?” he was surprised when his reply sounded venomous.

Sungmin bit his lip and sighed.

“The King is summoning you.”

At this, Hyukjae laughed bitterly. “They just kicked me out of the palace and now they’re calling me the back?” Hyukjae thinks why the are he saying those things, but given the lack of food and sleep, he lets his irrational thinking get the best of him.

Everyone be ing damned.

 

Donghae was worried.

The letter hasn’t yet been answered. He already explained what really happened, with the help of the house servants and cooks, about Hyukjae’s case. The King was very willing to take the servant back – releasing the letter to summon Hyukjae five hours ago.

But to everyone’s confusion, no reply has been coming; even the falcon that was supposed to be back an hour after the letter was delivered was nowhere to be seen.

The Prince decided to take Hyukjae back himself.

 

Hyukjae hissed when the pain his head pounded harder. He was about to let himself hug the ground when he hears a loud screeching noise from his shoulder, and noticed that the falcon was still there.

It was along their journey, that Hyukjae started to become unaware of his surroundings because of the pain in his head, and he feels so, so hot that he didn’t noticed that he was already going to the other direction, away from his companions Kyuhyun and Sungmin, to find cold water.

He was so going to be dead now.

But amidst of the situation he was in, Hyukjae had only one question stuck in his head.

.. Is the King secretly gay?

 

Donghae never regretted anything in his life.

Sure, many of his decision before were not the best, but he didn’t regret them, because he believed that all of those are tests and he needed to learn from them. Never once he hesitated making his decisions, because it is the best solution he came up with; and never once those decisions bite him back.

But then, there’s Hyukjae.

He regretted that moment when he was forcedly leave the palace and didn't do anything, because he was scared what would happen to them, to Hyukjae. He regretted not pushing his wish to deliver the letter himself, only because his father does not want his son to be in danger along the way.

If Donghae did, would this happen? Would Hyukjae still be in his embrace, telling him that he fell in love with him since the first time he saw him? Would he be able to tell him that he’s thinking of him every night because he’s worried? That at the day of the cooking festival 15 years ago, he was the last one waiting at the place for him, expecting for a kid that never came back?

And the thing he regretted the most is their moment in the library because he wasn’t able to kiss Hyukjae. He was just there, giddily smiling as the Prince hugged him like just he won millions of money, his face buried in Donghae’s chest.

But now he’s gone. Just like that. They hadn’t even been with each other for an hour, and yet Hyukjae was gone.

“ing !”

Donghae never felt so stupid.

 

“Where are you?! Please answer me! Hyukjae! Hyukjae!”

He turns around when he heard his name being called, his thoughts about the King’s letter disappearing. Despite his body refusing to take another step, he was determined to get out wherever he was and goes home to his parents and friends.

To Donghae.

Hyukjae felt like crying. Why did he even hide everything in the first place? Would he and Donghae be happily together now if he did? Would he live his life now just the way he wanted it?

Would the King still give him such an embarrassing letter?

Amidst his tears, Hyukjae cracked out a small laugh.

“Hyukjae!”

Following the voice, he was able to arrive in a meadow; a very beautiful meadow. Hyukjae never thought that staring at green grass could dissipate his pain a little, so he just did, scanning around his eyes to get a better view.

The trees are all circled on a crystal clear pond, shining and shimmering as the sun’s ray hit and reflects it. The lights are then refracted to the trees, making them glow like some sort of a magic trick.

Hyukjae felt like he was in heaven already.

It took more five painful steps before Hyukjae was stumbling and collapsing on the soft grass. He thinks he doesn’t mind, because the leaves felt good on his burning skin, albeit giving him tingling sensations that made him hum in satisfaction.

Suddenly, something caressed his face. Something soft, tickling Hyukjae and he let out a strange noise because it feels good and makes him feels safe.

.. Did Hyukjae already say that he’s in heaven?

 

Blurred vision greeted his eyes as he woke up sometime later.

“You’re not yet well Hyukjae. Rest.”

The voice was familiar, but exhaustion has been pulling him to sleep and a soft hand that caressing his cheeks adds to the comfortable feeling that made him shrug off all his thoughts and close his eyes.

 

The second time he opened his eyes, Hyukjae saw white.

He frowned, before a familiar scent invaded his nose that sent him backing away because-

-holy Donghae was sleeping beside him and he was handsome as -

! He’s waking up!

Hyukjae watched, mouth agape, as the handsome prince oh so slowly opened his eyes. He suppressed his squeals and screams when the Prince let out a small smile of relief before he started caressing the servant’s hair, and then his cheeks before going to his nose.

“Are you feeling well now?”

Hyukjae screamed.

He expected Donghae doing something like kicking his face, or screaming too, or to scold him, but never had he thought that the Prince would laugh. He blushes as Donghae stared at him with soft yet hypnotizing eyes.

And then he gave Hyukjae a chaste kiss.

Hyukjae stared wide-eyed. “Wh-“ he croaked, fully realization hitting his face that Donghae just kissed him.

Donghae though, was expecting him to say something so when Hyukjae remained silent, he started feeling insecure and rejected. “I’m so-“ he stopped his words when Hyukjae abruptly stood up from the bed and started pacing around the room, looking at the Prince from time to time while muttering incomprehensible things that left Donghae blinking.

“Oh my god did I died in that beautiful meadow?”

“Huh?”

“No? Then in the forest?”

“Uhm..”

“No? Maybe I fell down on a cliff then- wait is there even a cliff in a forest?”

“..”

“OH MY GOD DON’T TELL ME I DIED AFTER I READ THE KING’S LETTER?! I KNEW IT! I KNEW THAT LETTER WOULD BE THE DEATH OF ME!”

At this, Donghae’s curiosity was perked up. “What? What’s with the letter my father sends?”

Hyukjae looked at him with wide eyes. “Nothing!”

The Prince pouted. “Yah, tell me! And no, you aren’t dead yet!”

“I’m.. I’m not?”

“No. Would you tell me now?”

Hyukjae blushed madly and shook his head vigorously. Donghae sighed and pulled on the bed. As Hyukjae lay down beside him, he fiddled with the Prince’ collar as he buries himself on the muscular chest.

“Hyukjae?”

The servant hummed in delight as his name was called again. Chuckling, Donghae tightened his hold on Hyukjae’s waist. “You won’t really tell me?”

“Maybe sometime later.”

Donghae laughed again, but this time, he did so while cupping Hyukjae’s face and kissing it that left the latter red as a tomato sauce.

“Are things going too fast for you?”

The Prince let out a pain of cry as Hyukjae pinch his cheeks, hard. “I’ve been waiting for this moment for 15 years and you’re asking me if ‘things are going too fast’? What the hell Donghae? I’m asking you, what the hell?

Donghae tightened his hands around Hyukjae’s waist.

“Can we make babies now?”

 

That day, Prince Donghae Lee of Myzra Kingdom of the North Palace learned that pissing House Servant Hyukjae Lee could lead to, well, a swollen face and other injuries.

 


Oh my god what am I doing.

Comments? I don't know where I am going srsly. XD

Thank you for all the commentors and subscribers and upvoters! Here's my gift for you!

 

Hahahhahahahahahahhaa. Sareh not sareh.