Chanyeol's Version

It's raining love

A lovely reader requested a sequel so here it is!! (I have nothing else to do other than fangirling over god-like guys who don’t know that I exist nor will they ever know so…yeah.)

 

*Chanyeol’s point of view*

I’m a quarterback/ the captain of the football team. In other words, I am the school’s most wanted person. I don’t have to try in school because I have people who literally form a line in front of me to do my assignments. I don’t get in trouble whatsoever because my father is the principal. I also get everything I want because…well you get the point. But there’s one thing that I can’t control. My love life. Of course I have unlimited options to choose from. The problem is though; the options are just too many. Cheerleaders, dancers, volleyball girls, basketball girls, swimmer girls, top-of-the-class girls; basically, hot girls in general.

I’ve dated many girls, a few from each category. Cheerleaders were the closest to my ideal girl, but man, those chicks don’t know ! All they care about are their cheer routines and their crazy eyebrows. Dancers are a bit smarter than the cheerleaders but their obsession with hair buns creep me out. Basketball girls just piss me off because they think basketball is better than football. Swimmer girls are nice, I guess…but nothing else. The top-of-the-class girls are smart AND hot, but they treat me like a . So, I decided to stick with the captain of the girls’ volleyball team. She was doing okay in school but not smart enough to treat me like a , didn’t have flying eyebrows or perfect sock buns, and she didn’t compare volleyball and football. I thought she was okay for me. She wasn’t perfect for me, but it wasn’t like I was planning on taking any further than and pure fun.

Well, this chick thought that we were going to get married. And have kids. What the hell. The problem with her was that she took things too seriously. She forbade me from talking to girls, including my sister and my female cousins. She looked through my texts and calls. She was caging me. Being the free spirited person I am, I decided to dump her. Being the overprotective psycho she is, she threatened me that she would quit her volleyball team if I dumped her. I didn’t care. I told her it was over right away. So, she decided to cage herself like how she caged me, but in her house.

“You better get her out of there and bring her back to my team, Mr. Park. It’s your responsibility. She quitted the team because you dumped her.” The coach of the girls’ volleyball team blamed me, “Don’t even think about squeezing out of this. I notified the principal and he agrees with me. You have no one to go to.”

How dare my father choose the stupid volleyball team over his own son?

Anyway, on a gloomy October day, I was forced to wait outside of my ex girlfriend’s house in pouring rain.

Splat, splat, splat…

I turned around and saw a girl with a bright yellow umbrella jumping over puddles of rain. She was wearing our school’s uniform. She must be a freshman or a sophomore because I haven’t seen her before. I was leaning towards freshman more because she was looked so tiny and fragile under the umbrella. I stared at her as she made her way towards me. Her eyes were glued to the ground, not knowing that I was in front of her.

Just when I was about to take a closer look at her, she came to an abrupt halt. I quickly looked away and stared at the distance. I could hear her light tapping footstep coming closer and closer to me. I turned my head around. Our eyes met. I could see myself through her clear brown eyes under her thick black eyelashes, widened with surprise. Her small light pink lips made a small o shape. Her hair was pitch black and a bit damp from the humidity, strings of darkness caressing the milky white skin of her heart shaped face. 

I subconsciously smiled at her mesmerizing features.

“I..I..I” She mumbled, “Bye…”

She spun around and dashed away from me. Did I do something wrong? Was there something on my teeth that creeped her out? I ran my tongue over my perfectly fine teeth. Nope, not my teeth.

I tried to figure out what went wrong in those few seconds when I heard the familiar footsteps again. I eagerly looked towards the main entrance. There she was, still in her cute little uniform, holding the yellow umbrella over her head. She dragged her feet towards me. I looked at her feet. She was wearing a pair of plain Adidas flops that was clearly a few sizes too big for her small feet. I was pretty sure they were for men, too. Were they her boyfriend’s? Oh wait, it could be her dad’s or her brother’s if she had one. And why should I care it she has a boyfriend or not?

"Are you waiting for someone?" I asked him.

Her voice was like warm caramel sliding over a ball of French vanilla ice cream. It felt so warm and sweet compared to this ty weather and everything else that was even tier.

"Uh yeah. I'm here to see my girlfriend but she refuses to see me so here I am." I mentally kicked myself in the head when the word girl friend came out of my mouth, leaving the ex behind. 

"Did you guys have an argument?"

"Uh huh. I tried to break up with her last week and she now refuses to go to school or talk to me."

"Here. You'll end up in the hospital before you even get to see your girlfriend."

"I can't take this. I don't need it." I tilted the umbrella towards her. Her uniform was getting wet. I could almost see what she was wearing under her shirt- what was I thinking? I mentally kicked myself in the head again at the thought. Then I was surprised at myself for feeling guilty at these things. I was usually chill about it. Too chill.
"Whatever. Good luck!" The girl left as fast as she arrived.

***

Everyone was looking at me when I entered the cafeteria. I was still in my sweaty football jersey. I had to leave as soon as my practice ended because there was only 5 minutes left of lunch. I usually never used the cafeteria. The seniors either didn’t have time to eat because of studying, or they went out of school property to eat. For the first time in a year, I was standing at the entrance of the cafeteria. With a yellow umbrella in my hand. To see the girl.

I could see her big eyes widening as I made my way towards her. Everyone was staring either at me or her, probably wondering what the hell was happening.

"Here's your umbrella. Thanks for letting me borrow it yesterday."

"Did you get to see your girlfriend?" She asked.

I shook my head. As soon as she left me yesterday, I went back home. I forgot about the captain of the girls’ volleyball team. Screw them.

"Then keep it. It's supposed to rain again this afternoon. I have another one in my locker so it's okay."

"Haha, I don't think I'm gonna wait for her to talk to me anymore. But I'll use it, just in case." I smiled at her and walked away. 

I could hear her friends drowning her with questions. I left the cafeteria with the yellow umbrella still in my hand.

***

Tap tap tap…

I could hear the light footsteps coming towards me. I eagerly stood at the parking lot of her apartment building with the yellow umbrella open over my head. My eyes met her big brown eyes, pleasantly surprised. My heart skipped a beat. I had to look chill.

‘C’mon, dude. I thought you were manlier than that. Calm down.’ I thought.

"I see you've lied to me young lady." I smirked as playfully as I could to hide my feelings.

"And I see you've changed your mind. Still thinking about your girl friend?" She teased. Damn, this girl knew how to play with me.

"Actually yes. Well, my soon to be girlfriend to be exact." I took a deep breath inwardly and walked towards her.
"What are you ta-" before she could finish her sentence, a drop of rain fell on her cute little nose. Then another one landed on my hair. Before we got any wetter, I leaned in and put the umbrella over us. I bent his knees to look at her directly in the eye. Her face was inches away from mine. 

"I'm talking about you." I held my breath and gently kissed her on the lips, praying that she wouldn’t freak out and pull out a whistle out of her pocket. When I pulled away I saw her tomato red face. I smiled in relief. I placed my lips on hers and caressed her lips. She eagerly kissed me back, startling me, in a good way of course.

As I got carried away, I lost my grip on the umbrella. I just let it fall on the ground by me. I cupped her slightly wet face from the rain with both of my hands. She wrapped her arms around my neck. We kissed away as we got soaked in the rain full of love.