Chapter 2

The Answer Book

 

The Answer Book

I sat down a few feet away from JB. I didn't want him hearing the questions I ask this book. He'd think I was weird or something. Time to test this book some more. I think I'm a little paranoid about this. A book can't always be right. The answers can't always be true for every question I ask. Time to find out for sure, no matter how crazy this sounds.

I scanned the book store for something I can ask about. My eyes landed on a girl sitting at a table. She had a huge stack of books next to her. Is she even gonna read all those? The stack was above her head already. I thought of the question I should ask.

Q: Will the stack of books fall?

I followed the directions on the back of the book. I opened the book on the page of my desire.

A: It will come true

I thought about the answer. Psh, yeah right. The stack was actually really nice and neat. Straight and aligned on the book under each book. 

I watched the girl. She was finished with the book she was reading. She was gonna start another pile for the books she's finished with, but she didn't see where her hand was going. She wasn't thinking straight. Her hand knocked the stack of books beside her. She screamed as they fell on her head.

Someone went over to help her. All I could think of was the book. The answer the book gave me. It rang true. Once again. This could just be another coincidence. But it looked like the book just predicted the future. And was correct about it too. Weird...

I all of a sudden had a desire to ask more questions. To see if they all end up being true. I wanna ask more challenging questions. Questions that seem almost impossible.

I scanned the bookstore for something else to ask a question about. There was a girl near the manga section. She was looking for a book. In fact, she's been there for a long time. There must be a book she really looking for. She can't seem to find it. She's looking as frustrated as ever.

At that moment, an employee of the store was walking by. He was pushing a cart full of new books. I thought of the question to ask. This is so unlikely to happen.

Q: Will the manga that girl is looking for, fall out of the cart?

There were a lot of books on that cart. And they weren't just stacked there on the cart. They were perfectly aligned with the next book. No book was out of place. They were a perfect set of books. 

I watched the cart. Psh, see? Nothing is gonna fall out. Nothing.

There was another person in the manga section. He was looking for a book on the book self behind the girl. Just as the cart was passing in between them, the guy stepped back. He bumped in the cart. As he bumped into it, a book fell out. The girl turned around to see what the commotion was about. Her eyes landed on the book by her feet. Her eyes lit up when she saw the title. She picked it up, with a huge smile on her face.

She found it. The book she was looking for. Woah.

Was this book magic or something? There were three questions that I asked so far. All three of them turned out to be true. Correct. 

My desire for asking more questions grew. This was so insane. I didn't know what I've just stumbled upon. Should I tell someone? JB? I didn't know what to do. But for now, I must ask more questions.

Another thing I've discovered right now. I felt happy for some reason. Like I'm the luckiest guy in the world. Like I possessed some sort of power. 

I went to go sit near JB. There might be more things to question about there.

My eyes fell on the girl JB had a crush on. She was ringing someone up at the counter. I had to admit, she was pretty. But not as pretty as Ji Ae. 

I thought of a question. It's the craziest question yet.

Q: Will JB's crush walk over to JB and talk to him?

I followed the directions. I also made sure JB didn't hear what I just said.

A: I bet you

Hmm, so it's gonna happen? Let's see. Let's wait and find out. I watched JB's crush.

She finished ringing someone up. She looked around the book store, until her eyes landed on JB. Is she gonna come over here? Is she gonna talk to JB?

Her eyes lit up when she saw JB. She walked over to him. JB saw her walking up to him. His eyes widened. He searched the store with his eyes until he saw me. His eyes were wide. He was smiling. I could tell he was excited. She's finally gonna talk to him.

"Hi," she said. She stopped in front of JB. He sat the book down slowly. He stared at her for moment. He probably thought he was dreaming. I wouldn't thought the saw. In fact I still am at the moment. This book was correct yet again!

They stared talking some more. She sat on a chair next to him. JB looked at me with a huge smile on his face. I gave him a double thumbs up. 

This book! It was amazing! I felt like this book could answer everything! And the answer would always come true!

Author's Note: I would write more, but I wanted to leave a cliff hanger. Hehe~ Next chapter will be the last.