CH01

Is Happiness A dream

Minah walked into a famous restaurant in myeongdong where she worked. She was greeted by the sounds of laughter and chatter of customers within the shop. She smiled bitterly at the happy families, making her way to the back of the restaurant where everyone greeted her happily. She made her way through with a smile to everyone she passed but none of them would have known that smile was nothing but fake. Here in the restaurant she was known for her bubbly and friendly attitude.

Once minah got to the staff change rooms. She saw one of the few people that could make her smile for real and that was none other than her one and only best friend sumin, she was two years older but none of them cared about the age. Sumin herself dealt with what minah had to deal with her family. The difference was that sumin’s pain was more verbal that physical abuse

“Yah your late why?” sumin asked

“I just had a little trouble leaving the house today” minah replied looking down trying not meeting sumin’s eyes. Sumin looked at her sadly before heading over next to minah holding her shoulder lifting her head up

“Hey it’s okay did they hurt you” sumin said softly “I’m fine let’s just get to work” minah said smiling slightly “okay tell me when you’re ready to talk” sumin said turning around slowly heading towards the exit to start working. Minah only smiled turning to her locker to take out her small apron and name tag. Closing the locker heading out of the change rooms, not looking minah found herself bumping into something hard without looking up she started rubbing her head with a small pout. “Minah you need to start looking up when walking or the next time you’re going to end up smashing into a wall” a husky rough voice slightly scolded her. Knowing who that voice belonged to straight away minah grinned cutely with a small giggle.

“Sorry jaesuk oppa I promise to always look up when walking” minah said with another giggle

“Whatever make sure not to make any mistakes today” jaesuk said slightly smirking.

 Minah gave him a betrayed look “Oppa when did I ever make any mistakes?”

“All the time Women, you mix up orders” jaesuk said still smirking

“Whatever think what you want” minah gave him a look and stalked away, leaving jaesuk laughing to himself.

Minah and jaesuk had the typical love and hate relationship, both of them loved teasing each other they made a lot of people think they’re dating and make a lovely couple but both strongly protest towards the comments. Another reason why minah and jaesuk would never be together would be that jaesuk is happily in a relationship.

Minah headed towards the front of the restaurant to started working. The night was filled with running around restaurant from escorting customers to their seats to taking orders to delivering them, along the way bumping into sumin with quick talks of random subjects which were half way abandoned to return to work. The restaurant closed around 11pm minah bowed and waved as the last couple of customers leaving. Turning around with enlarged eyes from finding a mop right in front of her face with it brushing against the tip of her nose. Moving her head to see sumin snicking at her.

“Come on the quicker we clean the quicker we leave” sumin said shoving the mop into minah’s hands quickly skipping away to return to wiping down the tables. Minah only huffed before starting to mop the floors. The only people left was minah, sumin, jaesuk and the restaurant manager kibum. Kibum was 23 years not too older than them, he was kind and easy-going but strict everything had to perfect for him.

Glancing around the room minah smiled satisfied with how the place look tidy and ready for tomorrow morning’s business. Putting away the mop bucket back into the cleaning closet, passing sumin and quickly telling her she’ll grab her belongings along with hers to on to get a small nod in understanding. Walking the staff change rooms grabbing both her and sumin bags minah leaded onto the lockers she winced feeling a strong pain on the side where her ribs are located, lifting her shirt to see a dark purple bruise formed. Minah only sighed seeing the bruise it wasn’t the first time for her. Lifting herself up walking out and made a mental note to buy some medicine she made her way to sumin.

Both minah and sumin smiled and waved their goodbyes towards kibum and jaesuk while making their way out of the restaurant. Standing outside sumin turned to minah pulling her into a tight hug “Message me as soon your home and talk to me went you’re ready”

“I will and you text me too when you reach home” minah replied hugging sumin equally as tightly.

Pulling away from saying their goodnights both headed their separate ways. Walking to the bus stop minah sat on the bench taking her earphones plugging them into her phone, placing the earphones in her ears playing a random song and patiently waited until her bus arrived. 9 minutes later the bus arrived scanning her bus card bowing to the driver making her way to the middle of the bus. She was the only one on the bus it was always like this whenever she worked late. While the ride home her favourite boy band EXO started to play, minah couldn’t hold back her smile while listing to them and she seriously couldn’t stop herself from grinning hear Kai’s part. Kai to her was a reason she was able to continue her life especially continue fighting for her dream. Her dream was simple she wanted to dance and compose music and she thought she was pretty good or sumin’s words amazing good

Realising minah had reached her stop her small bit of happiness starts to faded slowing and thoughts turned into prays. Prays of hoping her parents would be sleeping so she could sneak into her room and actually get some sleep. Glancing at watch 12:58pm they should be asleep by now but that’s what I last time as way and that night I ended sleeping outside. Minah sighed getting closer her house she could feel her heart beat accelerate more and more in fear. Reaching the house seeing the lights off her heart beat slow down. Unlocking the door minah released a sign of relief seeing nobody awake meaning her parents were asleep and also meaning she was safe for tonight.

Quietly making her way to her shoebox of a room. Minah quickly reached for her nightys changing into them she wasted no time jumping in her single bed cuddling into the thin blanket, it didn’t take her long to fall into slumber. 

==========================================================

Author's corner!!
I hope you love bbys enjoyed the first chapters so farrrr!!
What do you think of it so far?
Please leave your thoughts down below! I would like to know what you think of this story!

And I know the pace is kind of slow but I needed to introduced her and kai will come soon 

Have a nice lovely dayyyyy *throws hearts*