Chapter 4

Fall in Love With VIXX

"

Who are you?" Sooyoung asked the mysterious looking lady in front of her, her environment was engulfed with fog and she could not see the woman's face clearly.

"Sooyoung... I miss you..." The lady spoke and Sooyoung immediately knew whose voice does this belongs to. A tear slowly rolled down her cheeks when she heard the voice.

"Umma..." Sooyoung called out, awaiting a response from her mother. It's been seven years since her mother had passed away, seven years since all the torturing from her father has started, seven years since all the bullies target her. Her life was basically like hell after her mother had died from a car accident.

"I miss you umma... Why did you have to leave me... Why..." Sooyoung cried even harder and ran towards her mother's direction, thinking of giving her a hug, a hug that she missed and long hoped for. Once she opened her arms wide and getting ready to hug her mother, her mother disappeared without a trace, leaving Sooyoung to land on the floor and cried.

"Umma.... UMMA!!!"

 

 

Sooyoung jerked up from her bed and cried loudly, hugging her bolster tightly. The door of Sooyoung's room suddenly flung open and N, who was dressed in the blue and white uniform, have a shocking expression on his face, barged in to the room.

"Sooyoung! Are you alright?!" N exclaimed while seeing the still-sobbing Sooyoung. He could feel his heart ache a bit while seeing the angel-like lady crying. She's as pretty as always, even while crying. On the other hand, Sooyoung could not stop crying. N went to sit beside the brunette, and pulled her head lightly to his shoulder.

"It's okay Sooyoung, it's all just a dream." The older one reassured her while caressing Sooyoung's hair. 

"I miss my mum..." Sooyoung murmured while tears are still rolling down, down to N's sleeves.

"Do you wanna go home? I bet she's very worried about you." N asked, not knowing to the fact of what exactly happened to Sooyoung's mum. Sooyoung got up from N's shoulder and wiped away her tears.

"My mum... she died in a car accident seven years ago..." Sooyoung muttered while sitting still. N was shocked upon hearing the news, thinking that he had said the wrong thing to Sooyoung.

"Mianhe Sooyoung... Aish me and my mouth!" N replied with a remorseful tone and slapped his mouth gently.

"It's okay N..." Sooyoung replied and her eyes glanced at N's sleeves.

"And sorry about that..." The brunette said softly while pointing towards N's white sleeves, which was already soaked with her tears. N looked down at his sleeves and laughed.

"It's okay Sooyoung. Are you feeling better now?" N asked while patting on Sooyoung's back.

"Neh... thank you and sorry for startling you..." Sooyoung replied softly.

"It's alright Soo, glad that you are okay now!" N said, causing Sooyoung to let out a smile.

"Alright, it's almost time for school, get ready and we will meet you at downstairs for breakfast, okay?" The older one asked and Sooyoung nodded her head. N left her room and went down the stairs, not realizing that the always quiet and awkward guy who was already in his school uniform, was standing on the other side of the room, who had noticed everything earlier on.

"So this pabo hyung is in love huh..." Leo muttered to himself and went down the stairs as well.

 

"Good morning earthlings!" N exclaimed upon reaching the dining area.

"Good morning hyung!" Everyone harmonized except for Leo, who was just staring blankly at him.

"Aish, Taekwoon ah, must I teach you how to greet?" N frowned and Leo just shook his head.

"Morning hyung." Leo mumbled.

"That's more like it." N said while smiling widely.

"Eh hyung, why is your sleeve wet?" Hyuk who was sitting beside N noticed and asked.

"These are the tears from Sooyoung." N said proudly, leaving the guys dumbfounded.

"Tears? Aish hyung why did you make her cry!!" Ken exclaimed and punched N's right arm lightly and everyone looked at N sternly.

"I did nothing!" N exclaimed as well.

"Then explain why Sooyoung cried please." Hongbin said while crossing his arms, still having his eyes on the eldest one.

"Okay..." N let out a deep breath and cleared his throat before continuing.  "So basically, she had a nightmare... She was screaming in her room and when I entered to see what was going on, I saw her crying while hugging her bolster..." N explained in details.

"Aish, that dream must have been really bad for her..." Hyuk said with empathy.

"I wonder what kind of dream she dreamt about..." Ken said.

"It's about her mum..." N said with a sigh.

"Her mum? She must have been missing her so badly. Should we bring her back home?" Hongbin asked with a serious tone.

"No Binnie. To be honest, her mother had passed away seven years ago..." The rest fell into silence when their leader broke out the news.

"It must be really hard for her..." Ken said with his soft tone.

"Poor Sooyoung..." Ravi said while ruffling his blue-coloured hair. 

"So let's just be nice to Sooyoung and treat her like our family okay?" N stood up and asked, earning nods from his other members, including Leo as well. Just then, the brunette came walking down the stairs with her uniform on.

"Morning Sooyoung!" The boys harmonized and Sooyoung smiled.

"Good morning to you all." She replied and went to sit beside Ravi since that's the only empty seat left.

"So have you gotten everything ready for school?" Ken asked while munching on his sunny egg.

"Neh." Sooyoung nodded.

"Okay eat your breakfast now so we can go to school together!" Hyuk beamed happily and everyone laughed while eating their breakfast.

 

"Are we ready to go?" N exclaimed loudly while carrying his orange backpack.

"Neh!" Everyone harmonized and all of them proceed to the main door. Since their school is only a 10 minutes’ walk from their house, they all agreed to walk to school together.

"So Soo, are the bullies in your class this semester?" Hyuk asked innocently to the brunette who turned to look at him.

"Uh..." Sooyoung hesitated; not knowing what might happen if she says it out.

"They are, right?" Hongbin raised his eyebrows and asked. Feeling that she should not lie to the boys, Sooyoung softly admitted.

"Neh... But only one of them."

"It must be Nicole right? I remembered Gyuri in the other class and Hara retaining." Ken asked while munching on his apple. Sooyoung nodded her head slowly, and the other boys just let out a sigh.

"Did she often bully you in classes?" N asked with a concerned tone and Sooyoung just looked away sadly.

"Looks like she does, damn it." Ravi shrugged while looking at the brunette.

"How can they treat you like this, this is so unfair...." Ken whined like a baby.

"Don't worry Soo, Hyuk and I will protect you from them, right Hyuk?" Hongbin smiled and turned to face the younger one, who immediately nods his head with agreement.

"Neh, we will talk to them." Hyuk replied.

"Ani... There's no use talking to them, they are just.... I guess my fate will always be like this..." Sooyoung muttered while looking down.

"Soo ah you shouldn't say these kind of words, at least you still have us right?" N asked and everyone nodded their heads, even Leo did.

"Thank you everyone, I'm so thankful to have met you guys..." Sooyoung answered and smiled back to the boys.

"Boys will always have the responsibility to protect girls don't they?" Ken chuckled and everyone laughed.

"Neh I agree with Ken hyung, we should protect you." Hyuk added and gave a smile. Sooyoung nodded while smiling and everyone continued walking till they had reached their school.

 

"VIXX oppas!!!!" High pitched voice of girls can be heard from far away. Sooyoung who was confused turned back to see a few girls from their school running towards their direction with boxes of chocolates in their hands.

"Aish not again..." N whined while Hongbin just facepalmed himself. In the meantime, Sooyoung who was looking confused turned back to ask the frowning maknae.

"Who are they?" Sooyoung asked.

"Them?" Hyuk pointed towards the girls' direction and the brunette nods firmly, and the blonde just heaved out a heavy sigh.

"These are our so-called fan girls in school. They have been chasing us non-stop ever since our clique, VIXX was formed. They are a wreck I swear." Hyuk answered while looking sadly at Sooyoung, who gave him an "Oh" look back. Just then, the fangirls appears right in front of them.

"Ravi oppa! Here's some chocolates for you!" A girl screamed and forced her chocolate box on Ravi's hand, whom looked annoyed.

"Leo oppa! Please accept my love!" Another girl shouted and the embarrassed Leo could only forced a smile out and takes the chocolates.

"Hongbin oppa- Eh? Who is this girl oppa?" The last girl gave a confused look to Hongbin and stared at Sooyoung. "Is she your girlfriend?" The rest of the girls gasped and all the eyes are focused on Sooyoung now. N who was standing beside the brunette panicked. If they say Sooyoung was just a friend, the girls for sure will think otherwise and then make fun of her. Just then, an idea popped out from his mind.

"She's my step-sister. Meet Choi Sooyoung." N smiled back at the girls and turned back to look at the confused brunette. 

"Oh, so she's Hakyeon oppa's step-sister? Why did we not know about it?" One of the girls asked.

"We've recently found out too, right hyung?" Ken said while winking back at N.

"Neh, Ken's right. I just got to know it too, mian." N smiles while scratching his nape.

"I see, I'm glad she's not one of your girlfriend. But still, nice to meet you Sooyoung." The most arrogant girl among them all said with her fakest smile and Sooyoung just smiled back at her.

"You girls have lessons now don't you? Now go for your lessons and uhm, thanks for your gifts." Hongbin spoke and the girls beamed happily.

"Arrasso! Enjoy the chocolates and we will see you guys around in school!" The girls said in chorus and they skipped happily into the school gate.

"Phew, that's a tough one." Hyuk breathed heavily and said reluctantly.

"Ne, thank god we are still in one piece." Ravi added.

"It must be nice to receive gifts everyday doesn't it?" Sooyoung smiled and asked.

"Hmm, it's nice but too much of it will get you sick and tired of it." N replied with a smile, which caused Sooyoung to let out a slight laughter.

"Guess you are right then. Come on, lessons are starting soon." The brunette said and all of them went to have their lessons in school, and promised each other to meet right after school when Sooyoung gave her phone number to the boys.

 

 

After their dinner, everyone are seated at the living room watching television when suddenly Ravi, who was sitting on the floor with Hyuk, spoke.

"Guys, I've managed to compose a rap by myself and I would love to hear suggestions from everyone here." He announced while standing up.

"Why sure hyung, let me hear your skills!" Hongbin exclaimed excitedly and all eyes are on Ravi now. The latter coughed a little and raps.

 

"My heart was limping and this is the end of the road
After making that decision and taking a breath
I let out a deep sigh
I rip her up from inside my heart
As I let out a silent scream
I’m erasing the after images that are floating around
Burning up the remaining memories up to the sky, burn"

 

"Oh my... Ravi I swear you are one talented rap writer and rapper!" Ken exclaimed while clapping his hands loudly.

"Hyung will be the future world-nation rapper, hohoho." Hyuk added, followed by the rest of the boys who gave thumbs up. Ravi smiled at the compliments and turns his head to Sooyoung.

"How was it Sooyoung?"

"I would say it's a very good rap. Nice and meaningful lyrics that you have created, which truly portraits one who just had a serious heartbreak. And with the calm and ready tune of yours, the rap becomes perfect. Great job Ravi!" Sooyoung replied with a genuine tone, leaving Ravi to blush.

"Thank you Sooyoung..."

"Why why, Ravi is blushing." N teased the younger one and everyone laughed.

"No I am not, who says so-" Ravi gulped and shakes his head.

"Here, it became red." Hongbin remarked while pointing on Ravi's cheeks and everyone kept on laughing.

"Yaaa, just stop teasing Ravi. He really is one good potential rapper." Sooyoung added and everything quietens down. A few seconds later, Sooyoung's phone came ringing.

"Have to take this call, be right back guys." She said hurriedly while walking towards the kitchen to pick up the call.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Sooyoung?" The person on the other end asked.

"Ne, who is this?" The brunette asked.

"I'm Seungyeon, the head of Hip Hop club. I have to discuss something with you. Are you free at the moment?"

"The head of what- Am I dreaming?" Sooyoung thought to herself, staring blankly at the wall. She could not believe that the head of the most desired club that she wanted to join called her after dinner time.

"Hello? Are you still there?" Seungyeon asked.

"Oh yes, and I'm free right now. So uhm, what is it about?" Sooyoung asked after gulping.

 

And the conversation between them lasted them for almost an hour.