Just One Day 하루만

Taking Time

Rolling your shoulders to massage away the stress, you stood in front of your locker, rubbing your face tiredly as you finally finished your first week at the new school. Reaching towards your feet for your bag, you ped the lock, grabbing your books to place it into the small storage, before rummaging your backpack for your notebook when your locker door suddenly slammed shut beside you. Startled, you dropped everything from your hands, looking up when hands supported themselves on your waist as they pushed your small form against the cool metal. Letting out a breath of surprise, you found yourself staring into handsome brown orbs; the pink lips of the male curled into a noticeable frown.

‘What are you doing to me?’ Blinking at his question, your eyes flickered over his figure; the first button of his uniform shirt undone, as his tie hung loosely around his neck; his own orbs blazing onto your face. Lazily looking back up, you arched an eyebrow, leaning against the lockers behind you.

‘Excuse me?’ Letting out a growl of distaste at your relaxed state, his palms slammed the door either side of your head; your eyes merely closing shut for a second. Feeling the tip of his nose barely graze yours, you found yourself captured in his gaze; the emotions in his irises softening.

‘I haven’t been able to stop thinking about you Hayoung.’ He whispered weakly, his head shaking at his words as you rolled your eyes, pushing against his chest successfully as you walked around him.

‘You’ll get over it soon Sehun.’ Crouching down to grab your discarded bag, you felt his hand grab yours; his face inches away from you.

‘I don’t think you understand.’ His tone caused you to stay still, scrutinising him silently as his eyes pleaded.

‘I’ve never felt like this before.’ Shaking your head adamantly, you used your other hand to grasp his fingers away from your wrist.

‘You like the fact that I’m new Sehun. I’ve only been here a week, so your feelings towards me aren’t real. It’s a simple infatuation. Now if you’ll excuse me.’ You muttered strongly, standing up and whirling around; your heeled shoes tapping against the hard floor. Closing his eyes, Sehun fell to the floor; his feet flat against the ground as his knees arched in front of him; his hand patting his chest.

‘You have no idea Hayoung.’

~-~-~-~-~-~-

Weeks had passed; the moment with the school’s heartthrob pushed to the back of your mind for a moment, as you sat in your Biology class, ready to start the lesson. Your heart suddenly raced as the familiar voice was heard in front of you; your eyes quickly flickering over to see the handsome form of Sehun sitting down at his desk; complaining to his friend Jongin about the overloading content of the subject. Suddenly feeling eyes on him, Sehun looked over his shoulder, giving you a shy smile before turning back, his smile becoming wider at the thought of you looking at him. Blushing violently, you looked down at your notebook; chastising yourself. Don’t let yourself get hurt again.

Hearing the classroom door open, excited chatter spread through the room, as the beautiful figure of Eunsung entered the class, your eyes automatically rolling as she made her way towards Sehun, the coy smile causing your blood to run angrily through your veins. Seeing his head look up, you watched the exchange subtly, your hands shaking as he suddenly started to write a note. She probably asked for his number. You scoffed mentally, forcing yourself to read through your textbook; his words at your previous meeting flitting through your mind.

The sixty minutes of the lesson could not have dragged further for you, as your thoughts had been completely distracted. Sighing, you stuffed your books into your bag, adjusting the strap onto your shoulder as you meekly walked past the male’s desk. An arm pushed you suddenly, your bag falling off your arm as you groaned, reaching down to pick it up when a slender hand stuck out before you; grabbing the material. Looking up to thank the classmate, you found your breath get caught, Sehun staring at you intently as he held your bag out towards you. Coughing, you took it from him, his palm covering yours as he slipped something between your fingers; grabbing his folder as he strode out of the room, your eyes following his outline.

Bowing your head down, your palm turned upwards, a small piece of paper covering your skin. Pushing your bag onto the desk, you unfolded the note; your eyes freezing at the written words.

Still believe it’s an infatuation?

~-~-~-~-~-~-

Heavy breaths escaped your lips; your hands cradled against your hips as the sweat marked your face, your cheeks flushed. Standing in front of the mirror, you shook your head, exhaustion covering your body when the gym’s door opened loudly, Sehun walking in completely oblivious to your presence. Your heart suddenly increased more than it had during your routine, as you looked away, trying to ignore your treacherous heartbeat.

‘Oh. I’m sorry. I didn’t realise anyone was here.’ His deep voice called out, your head shaking at his words as you looked at him through the reflection. Seeing him his lips, he looked down; his hands resting in his gym shorts pockets.

‘I’ll just leave.’ He moved to walk away, his head drooping disappointedly.

‘Wait, Sehun.’ He stopped at your words, your body turning to face him.

‘I’m sorry.’ Snapping his head up, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as you stepped towards him.

‘I didn’t want to believe you, because I didn’t want to trust anyone so soon. Especially since I was avoiding any form of relationships.’ Tilting his head to the side, you found yourself amazed at his cute expression.

‘Trust?’ You smiled sheepishly, scratching the side of your head.

‘I haven’t really had the best relationships.’ Nodding understandingly, he smiled at you softly.

‘I’ll always be here, whenever you’re ready.’ Making his way out of the gym, you found yourself standing alone; your mind battling against your heart.

~-~-~-~-~-~-

You wrung your hands together nervously; waiting outside the classroom when the bell rang through the hallways; your ears deafening. As the corridors started to fill with students; the warmth of your palms started to rise in temperature. Looking at the doorway, Sehun walked out of the room, your hand grabbing his out of instinct, as you pulled him to the side; away from the large crowds. Hearing his splutter of confusion, he turned towards the culprit; his lips falling into a smile at the sight of you.

‘Hi Hayoung.’ Blushing, you looked around the hallway.

‘I’m ready.’ Seeing his smile split into a grin, you pointed a finger towards him.

‘But we take it slow.’ Nodding, you turned to leave, retracting your hand from his when Sehun smirked; grabbing you back and pulling you flush against his chest.

‘I’ll do whatever you want.’ Swallowing your nervousness, you looked straight ahead.

‘I said slow Sehun.’ His throaty chuckle vibrated against your back.

‘Then I’ll just have to contain all my feelings towards you then.’ Feeling an ounce of confidence from his statement, you shrugged, throwing a cheeky smile over your shoulder.

‘You’ve done it before. So do it again.’ Flicking his nose cutely, you pushed his hands away from you, walking down the corridor. Watching after you, Sehun let out a sigh, holding his heart as he patted it harshly; dropping his head against the lockers, banging his forehead against the metal.

‘This girl’s going to kill me.’

‘Be thankful I even agreed Oh Sehun!’ Flushing at his full name, he turned his head slightly; seeing your amused face a few steps away. Recovering quickly, he stood up straight, winking cutely as you shook your head, laughing loudly. Quickly making sure you were out of sight, he slumped against the lockers once more; hiding his shy face between his hands.

‘Oh I’m very thankful.’