One

What's behind that pretty face?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica Jung rarely smiled but as she looked at her and Heechul’s intertwined hands, she smiled. Not out of affection or anything of that sort. She was just happy.

 

She was a few days away from achieving her dreams, a few steps away from finally reaching her dream and showing everyone that she was not lazy, that she was not a loser.

 

All she has to do is beat six other couples in a game and she’ll be young, beautiful AND RICH.

 

This was her chance to earn enough money to start her own fashion brand. Jessica swore that she would win this game.

 

When Heechul first suggested the idea, she went all nuts on him.

 

“Us? A couple? Never in a million years!” she had screamed at him.

 

“I’m not telling you to ing date me you moron. Why the hell would I date a flat chick like you? All I’m saying is, if we pretend—just pretend, Jess. Don’t give me that face—we could join and who knows, maybe we’ll win this!” Heechul insisted.

 

“Are you retarded? I’m pretty sure all of Korea applied for this—this contest! What makes you think that we can get it? Out of millions of people!” Jessica tried to reason.

 

Her best friend slash enemy was nuts.

 

“Signing is for free, if we don’t get it—which won’t happen by the way—then there would be nothing to lose,” Heechul explained.

 

“No,” Jessica said stubbornly.

 

“I have a good feeling about this, Jess. Let’s give it a go,” Heechul said, mentally filtering his words so that no curses came out. He didn’t want to upset Jessica. Not this time.

 

“Whatever,” Jessica raised her arms in surrender, “Just don’t come crying to me when you don’t make it.”

 

Jessica laughed at the memory. She wondered why it was so hard for her back then to be positive.

 

She knew why, deep inside.

 

Because she’s pessimistic. Because it doesn’t matter how hard she tries, she’ll always end up disappointed.

 

She looked at her partner and sighed. People often voiced out their opinions about how similar he was to her. They’re both snarky, rude but honest. They both had icy exterior. There was a big difference though. Heechul was always brighter, always more positive.

 

She envied him for it, she had to admit.

 

“I’m Kim Heechul,” her partner introduced himself to the receptionist, “And this is my fiancée, Jung Jessica.”

 

“Congrats on making to the Game, I hope you enjoy your time with us,” replied the receptionist, “can I see your IDs please.”

 

They both placed their papers for the woman until she finished examining them then making one of the security guards guide them to the gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter