Chapter 7

Take me home

'Fine. '  Siwon plunked on the couch opposite the young master, whose face was slowly reddening. 'I used to date Designer Yi's younger sister. ' 

'You must have done her sister some sort of wrong then.' The young master's face relaxed abruptly, lips curling into an amused smirk. 'Not that I care about your past shenanigans . '  He brought the cup to his mouth and took a tentative sip.   'Anyways, your business for today', he continued, as usual offering Siwon no tea, 'is accompanying me to lunch with Mr. Kang Song Jin and his wife, Mrs. Kim Min Hee. As you are well aware, these two people are my fiancee's parents and as such will command the utmost respect.  '   Oh great. Now I have to watch him advertise himself.  Siwon had observed the young master's flips in manner during their trip to the mall. He was wondering how extreme it was going to be when the young master would be sitting across from miss Jiyoon's parents at a dining table.. 

His cellphone pinged again to announce that there was a voice message for him .  'Go ahead. Listen, ' said the young master tauntingly. For a moment Siwon wanted to punch him in his arrogant face, but of course that would make the young master's promise of being kicked out real.

'Siwon, Siwon dear, how are you ? ' His mother's voice. 'I haven't heard of you in so long I was getting worried.'

Siwon looked at the young master, who was still grinning

'Anyway, thought it might be time to tell you why you're there.  '   He held his breath.

'You know that joint venture project we were working on in Singapore ? Well, it collapsed about two months ago, and now we owe a debt to TY Corporation   Siwon dear, don't worry . We will get you out of there .'

Despite his mother's best efforts to reassure him , Siwon stood nailed to the floor. 'And? Come on don't look at me like that  , the young master said as Siwon turned to look at him with a mixture of anger and disbelief. 'It's not my fault that you're my servant . It's those useless parents of yours who settled for you coming here as long as the debt stands. 'This was the last straw for Siwon. With one leap he was across the room , grabbing the young master by his collar . 'Will you shut up about my family ?'  Even if he'd wished that his staying at the Chos would become some kind of scandal, that didn't mean he was without conscience.

'Why should I ?  You know it's true . '' The young master said, his voice nearly choked off by the way he was held up.

'What is going on here ?'

Both looked to the entrance of the living room, the direction where the voice had come from.  Kyuhyun's mother was an almost skeletal woman; even if she was shorter than Siwon, she exuded an aura of deathlyness . With one swipe of her hand she tore Siwon's hand away from her son.  'What on earth do you think you're doing ?' Siwon looked away as the young master's mother went about her business of ensuring her son was ok.

Then she turned and slapped Siwon square in the face. 'Go back to the servants' quarters and do not show your face for the time being'  Siwon, having no other choice, went back to his room where he lay on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

----

Evening fell, and he was summoned this time not by Kyung but by the mistress of the house. ' And behave . It is a mystery to me , but it seems my son has taken a liking to you ruffian.' , she told him before he went out and got into the car that was standing at the front gate. It wouldn't have surprised Siwon if the young master had thrown a tantrum and demanded him to be kicked out, but to his surprise he had been summoned again.  They drove to Gangnam, where Siwon had been leisurely strolling around for what would be the last time only weeks before.'You know , I kind of like you' . Suddenly, the young master spoke, using the plain style of speech instead of the formal one that he normally used. 'You're so easy to get on edge.'   So that was why he still wanted Siwon around. Undoubtedly he had told his mother that he was a good servant, but this was apparently his real motif ; so he had someone to annoy.  Siwon ignored the young master's words and focused instead on the scenery rushing by.

As expected, the restaurant of the appointment was an upscale one ; everywhere you looked there would be crystal ornaments shining, blindingly, off lights and around tables. A reservation had been made in the far back, far away from passers-by who would stand still to gawk at the young master. Kyuhyun glanced at his wrist watch and said 'just in time' , to no one in particular. He and Siwon took their seats at the table, and soon an older couple joined them.  'Mr. Song Jin, Mrs. Min Hee' Kyuhyun said, standing up and bowing in courtesy. He had instructed Siwon to stand up and bow as well, so he did, bowed politely, and sat down. Soon the starter was served, and the young master and the old couple started a conversation.  Siwon wasn't interested and ate in silence, until , at the main dish, Kang Song Jin said :' Kyuhyun, you know our daughter is very frail . This being as it is, I'm afraid she will not be able to attend the annual fall gala.'

The young master nearly dropped his cutlery, a shadow passing over his face. Siwon would continue smiling until they were back at the mansion, as he was convinced he had witnessed a crack in the young master's arrogant, stoic armour.