Chapter 25

Will You Realize..?

Hi! This will be the final chapter of this story. This update is really late and I’m sorry for that but here it is!

Enjoy!

 


 

 

Will You Realize..?

 

Jinki has been up on the rooftop for a long while now, walking and looking around. Seeing if things have changed from the last time he’s been up here, which has been quite a long time. He let out a small smile when he found that the place stayed just the same.

 

Jinki continued to walk around the place until he headed to a certain area of the rooftop where he remembered he stayed at most often when he was younger. He stood there spinning himself until he was looking over the railing that was only a few feet away. The idol missed how he and Taemin would rush towards it just to look over and stare off at the city, just talking about anything and making inside jokes along the way. He missed how they’d be the only ones up here doing whatever they wanted without being afraid of being scolded. He missed the laughs he had with the boy but most of all he missed Taemin’s presence beside him.

 

He let out a sigh when he realized that he missed a lot of things now that he was at the rooftop. The things he was thinking as of now where thoughts he’d never would’ve thought he would miss. Because back then, he always had Taemin with him, it never occurred to him that things would change drastically for the both of them. It never occurred to him that the boy wouldn't be standing with him at a moment of reminiscing.

 

Jinki let out one last sigh before lying on the ground to stare off at the stars. Before—years ago, there would be a blanket just underneath him and someone, being Taemin, would lay beside him. There were times where they would bother each other with nudges as they relaxed or times where they both would tickle each other just for the fun of it. Jinki tried to look at each star he could find in the dark sky, and memories of wishing upon them with the younger boy came flashing back to him. He recalled all the silly wishes and wishes that actually came true. Just thinking about that moment made him smile.

 

Anything with the younger boy made him smile.

 

He continued to look at the sky and it made him want to thank it for witnessing the growth of his and Taemin’s friendship. Still lying down, Jinki looked around the place and just seeing the place made him want to thank it as well. It was the place where he first met the boy. It was the place where a friendship grew. It was also the place where he first fell in love. He just wanted to thank everything that has been with him when he was with Taemin. He cherished them with all his heart.

 

Jinki closed his eyes with a nice calm smile on his face, arms crossed behind his head. Only letting himself live in his memories where he and Taemin were together. He’s always reliving memories whenever he felt the boy was drifting from him. However, Taemin was back to being friends with him. So right now, he just wanted to recall each and every thing he and Taemin did because just doing that made him feel relaxed.

 

With the thought of the boy he began singing, still keeping his eyes closed. Jinki loved to sing alone where no one heard him. He liked to sing songs he related to — he most especially liked to sing out his thoughts and most especially in places where no one would judge him for it. Though, no one he knew judged him. He just really liked to sing having a peaceful atmosphere around him.

 

He didn’t put much thought into what song he was going to sing but a few seconds into it, he noticed it was the same song from when he first met Taemin — the song where Taemin accidentally interrupted what he loved to do, the song where he realized that his heart was beating for the boy.

 

He didn’t stop when he realized it, instead he let out a bigger smile and continued singing the song over and over again, not stopping in between.


 

***


 

Jonghyun, Key and Minho has been worrying about where the other two members were. Though, they worried about Taemin more. Not long ago, their manager called in to ask if Taemin had gotten home safe considering the boy had wanted to go home by himself. When the elder man received an answer of ‘no, he’s not here’ he knew he was in trouble. While their manager was frustrated for not knowing where Taemin could be, the three members were worrying.

 

What made the three worry more was when their manager told them that the younger boy had ended his schedule in the middle of the afternoon and seeing how it was now late at night, they began to panick.

 

From what they knew, Taemin has always called any member he could reach to say he’d stay out late and when he didn’t the boy’s friends would.

 

The three didn’t bother to call Jinki because they knew he must be hanging out with some of his other friends. Also, they worried that if Jinki found out Taemin was out late again, he would possibly think that the young boy was drinking like last time. They knew that if that ever happened again, hell would break loose.

 

It was obvious none of them wanted that to ever happen again, not when everything seemed to be coming along properly for the two boys.

 

They didn't get it. Everything was coming along just well, why was this happening?

 

They tried calling the maknae, only the phone was answered by the manager making them hiss. Now, they were really worried. The boy didn’t have a cellphone on himself which meant they didn’t have any source to contact him.

 

Though instead of panicking like they were already doing, Jonghyun spoke “You guys… let’s just stay calm okay? He must be walking around, getting some fresh air.” He nodded to himself as if to calm himself down.

 

“But for hours?”

 

That led to silence, but it was possible, they all need a walk for time to time so they all agreed that Taemin might’ve been walking around. However, the thought that the boy was free from his schedules since the afternoon and was still not present at the dorm still made them worry a lot more.

 

Seeing how s were panicking not only because of Taemin but also because of what Jinki’s reaction may be. Ignoring the last thing said,Minho replied “hopefully you’re right hyung.”

 

The three members tried to calm themselves a bit, holding onto their phones. They agreed that they’d stay in the living room just in case one of the two members came back.


 

***


 

Taemin now opened the door with a beating heart. He didn’t think anyone would be up at the rooftop and most especially he didn’t expect someone to be singing up here either. He kept his head down not wanting to be seen as intimidating to the person who was already here, he just wanted to spend some time here and recall everything. Though now that he entered the place he loved so deeply, he heard the voice clearly now.

 

A voice which he was so familiar with.

 

He didn’t want to believe it but when he lifted his eyes from the ground to the person, he saw his leader, he saw Jinki. The sight of the older boy immediately brought flashbacks of when they first met. The way Jinki was lying on the ground, arms behind his head — the way his face looked calm from his singing.

 

Now that he thought hard of it, he remembered this particular song.

 

And hearing it again made his heart beat way faster than it already was.

 

Taemin didn’t know if he was suppose to be here or not. He didn’t know if he should leave or not. But like years ago, his feet led him to the older boy.

 

Jinki continued to sing, not knowing that someone else was up here with him and Taemin continued to walk slowly towards him. If Taemin’s heart wasn’t beating so fast — if the air didn’t feel so hot around him — though he knew it shouldn’t be, it was late at night and it was chilly, he would’ve smiled.

 

He would’ve smiled because everything that was happening now just felt like the day they first met.

 

The younger boy stopped a few feet from the leader and admired him, he looked at Jinki with eyes that said they were full of love. Taemin did his best to control his nerves from shaking, he shook his head with eyes closed and looked up to look at the leader with determination.

 

Just like before.

 

He called out to Jinki and though he didn’t want to stutter like the first time, he couldn’t help it. So many feelings were rushing everywhere within him. So many questions were running through him. Questions like, ‘what is he doing here?’, ‘has he been coming up here?’, and questions like ‘did this mean he missed the past so much like he said he did?’

 

Taemin was getting dizzy from not knowing why this was happening. He was getting dizzy because he couldn’t believe anything that was happening.

 

He couldn’t believe that he was almost reliving the past.

 

“H-hyung…?”

 

Jinki stopped and finally opened his eyes with furrowed eyebrows. He thought he heard wrong, the maknae couldn’t be up here with him again could he? He continued to look at the stars before he slowly turned his head to the left, unsure if he was right or wrong. When he saw the boy standing there, the same memories that Taemin was having flooded his mind. Jinki looked at him with a smile — the smile that made Taemin fall for him in the first place.

 

He sat up and beckoned the younger boy to come closer.

 

“Tae, what are you doing here? I thought you had a schedule to do?” He asked. He really thought Taemin would’ve been home, having the rest he needed. He didn’t think that they’d both meet up here once again.

 

Just like fate.

 

“I did, I’m done now though…” Taemin replied with a much quieter tone as Jinki was now standing with hands in his pockets.

 

It was quiet for awhile, they didn’t know what to say to each other. They just continued to look down and took stolen glances of each other. It was obvious that Taemin was nervous and Jinki was too, however he masked it with his smiles.

 

“You should be resting then… you might get sick, you’ve been working since early morning.” Jinki told him. “Ani… I’m fine.”

 

The both of them didn’t know what to do, they didn’t expect to see each other here in the first place. When Jinki saw Taemin shifting his knees to sit on the ground he followed, sitting beside the younger. The both of them had their head up and were now looking at the stars, though it was Taemin who focused more on them while Jinki just kept shifting his eyes from the sky to the younger boy. Taemin felt it.

 

“Have you been coming back here for a while?” Taemin started which had Jinki go off guard for not expecting anything from the younger. He didn’t think the boy would ask questions, he only thought he wanted to just sit in peace.

“Ani,” he sighed and looked forward. “Just today…”

 

“Me too.” Taemin hummed.

 

Fate.

 

Jinki chuckled quietly because of his thoughts and he smiled slightly because of it. The quiet atmosphere was still present and all they did was look around the place, trying not to make things more awkward than it already was.

 

“The place is still the same.” Jinki started. Taemin looked at him then looked away with a smile. “That’s nice to know, I was hoping it would still be the same.” Taemin replied with a warm tone. When the younger boy didn’t receive a reply he turned to the elder. Jinki seemed like he was having troubles and he wanted to help, like he's always done in the past.

 

He patted Jinki’s back and later rubbed it. “You seem like something is going on in your head, want to talk about it?” Taemin shifted his head lower to get a better look of the leader, trying to see if the boy was okay. “Ah neh… though I don’t know if you’d like to hear about it…” Jinki mumbled.

 

Jinki thought about it. Jonghyun told him things he knew he should be doing now, it was such a perfect time to be doing it and it’s been weeks since that conversation happened. He then thought about what Jungah and Joon had told him a few weeks back as well.

 

Everyone kept reminding him that everything would turn out okay for the both of them… but will it?

 

He kept asking himself the same question. Will it? Will everything be okay now? He was doubting the things they told him. Although he knew Taemin loved him back, the thought of the boy loving him could always change. So many things has happened in between, so many things has changed because of those events. It was possible that Taemin’s feelings for him changed as well.

 

Jinki knew it was this reason why he sometimes called himself a coward. He always backed out of things when he knew it was perfect.

 

However, other words of his friend Joon kept popping in his head.


 

“If you really want to make it happen, then you’ll make it happen. And since we know Taemin has feelings for you as well then I’m sure he’ll make it happen…”


 

Though those words should be helping him, it only messed with his mind more.

 

As Jinki was thinking to himself, Taemin thought about what Jinki said.

He thought it was stupid.

 

“Come on hyung, I won’t judge.” The younger boy nudged. “I’m your best friend remember?” He smiled at Jinki as well as patting the other’s shoulder this time. The thought that Taemin still considered him his best friend made Jinki feel much better than in the recent days. That meant everything was going back to where it was before, before the situation happened.

 

“I know you won’t…” Jinki mumbled.

 

Taemin nudged him once again “then what is it?”

 

Jinki took in a big sigh and closed his eyes for awhile. Seeing how Jinki was like this, Taemin thought the problem might be really serious. So he paid extra attention to what the other was going to say.

 

“I’m single.”

 

Taemin needed time to let that sink in. He should be jumping right now but instead he laughed. “You’re single…” the boy giggled. Jinki didn’t know why Taemin was acting like this. “Should I be comforting you?” The boy giggled again. Jinki let the boy have his fun, just looking at him with clear confusion.

 

Jinki hugged his knees as the boy continued to laugh.

 

Why did Taemin laugh? He laughed because he thought it was foolish for someone to dump the older boy.

Maybe I’m becoming crazy…

 

“She broke up with me…” Jinki started. “Yeah, I kind of figured…” Taemin giggled back.

Jinki hummed back in question “how do you know?”

“Oh come on, knowing you, you wouldn’t break a heart…” The younger boy finally calmed down and smiled at Jinki. “Ani… I can be a heartbreaker…” Jinki mumbled. “You? Lee Jinki? A heartbreaker… that’s funny hyung.” The boy calmly said as he now looked back at the sky with a smile.

 

No one talked for awhile and they continued to stare at the stars. Jinki kept looking at Taemin and though he thought about the conversation he had with his friends he pushed those aside. He thought throwing Taemin a surprise was stupid, he didn’t want to make it look like his feelings were just a joke. He wanted it to seem sincere. So after a long while Jinki whispered something that surprised the younger.

 

“I broke your heart didn’t I?”


 

***


 

“Yah we should call manager again… maybe now he knows where Taemin is.” Kibum spoke after a long while of waiting. “Does it make sense that he hasn’t called us if he did found out?” Minho asked.

 

“Stop it you two before you guys start bickering at each other again.” Jonghyun stopped. The singer was holding onto his phone, still waiting for a phone call. They had called Taemin’s friends asking if the boy was with them, when they all answered a ‘no’, the three worried a lot more.

 

Just when they were losing hope, though they knew the boy would come back sometime, Jonghyun’s phone rang. He picked it up immediately.

 

“Jonghyun, he’s at the SM building. I got a call from the security guard that he walked in a few moments ago.”

“Ah keure hyung, but do you know why he’s there?” Jonghyun asked. “I don’t know, maybe to practice again. Don’t worry now, I’m sure he’ll be back then. I told the security guard to call me when Taemin leaves.”

“Okay thank you hyung.”

 

Jonghyun looked relieved when the phone call ended so the other two were relieved. “Where’s Taemin-ah?” Minho asked. “He’s at the SM building… maybe to practice.” Jonghyun shook his head. “This late? He should be resting.” Kibum spoke. “I know but maybe this new comeback is stressing him out.” Jonghyun sighed. “And when he’s stressed, he dances.”

 

“But he hasn’t done that for years now…” Kibum said. “What? Stress dancing?” Minho asked in which the other nodded.

“That’s because he always had hyung to talk about his problems with…” Jonghyun answered their unvoiced question.

 

The other two agreed with him with a slow understanding nod. “Oh, but Tae should know he could talk to us when he needs someone.” Minho spoke. “But he doesn't feel that close to us, unlike what he feels with hyung.” Jonghyun reminded.

 

After some time they still continued to stay in the living room seeing they won’t be able to rest without knowing if Taemin was fine or not. However, as they were waiting, Jonghyun couldn’t help but wonder why Jinki was out so late. From what he's seen, the older boy has fixed that “habit” of his.

 

Jonghyun was just hoping everything was going to be fine. He felt like something was going to happen, though he couldn't pinpoint if it will be good or not.


 

***


 

“I broke your heart didn’t I?”

 

Just after Jinki said that, he knew he caught the younger boy off guard. However, before he even thought he was going to say those words, he knew he was gathering up his courage for something but what he didn’t know was that it was for those words.

 

Although he was thinking of way to start the topic, the leader didn’t know what made him say those words… all he wanted was for Taemin to know that he was not seeing Jungah anymore.

 

He made it up himself that he’d confess his own way but he didn’t think it'd be like this. Jinki was internally hitting himself.

He was a really dumb lover, he thought.

 

“B-bwo?” Taemin mumbled not looking anywhere but at Jinki. He knew what the other said was true but how did he find out? How did he know?

 

And although that topic matched to what he said prior about Jinki not being a heartbreaker, this still surprised him.

 

“I-I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to surprise you…” Jinki rushed out, he moved away from Taemin not wanting the other boy to be uncomfortable. However, Jinki’s act made Taemin’s heart beat — not from fluttery feelings but from ache. The younger boy read the actions wrong, thinking it was Jinki’s way of saying he didn’t want him, that he was disgusted of him.

 

He… he hates me...

 

Taemin turned his head towards the boy and though it was too early for tears, his eyes quickly formed them.

 

“H-how…”

 

Taemin’s voice wavered and it made Jinki look at the boy in worry. He made a mistake again didn't  he? Was all the older boy could think of. Jinki didn’t notice it himself but he shifted closer to the younger boy, turning him to face him. Jinki’s right hand heading towards Taemin’s cheeks.

 

“P-please… please don’t cry.” Jinki hushed as he wiped the tear that fell from Taemin’s left eye.

 

Taemin only looked at him with uncertainty. He saw how Jinki’s eyes were tearing up as well, and to him it only meant one thing. But he still denied those thoughts. Jinki couldn’t be…

 

With so much going on Taemin shut his eyes, causing more of his tears to fall. He kept shaking his head still having his eyes closed as if to tell Jinki he wasn’t going to believe anything he was going to say. He held onto Jinki’s hand that was wiping his tears for him for awhile and took it away from him as he got up and began walking away.

 

“Taemin…” Jinki stood up as well and began following the boy. When Taemin didn’t stop he rushed towards him, now being in front of the other.

 

“M-minnie…” Jinki held Taemin’s cheeks in both his hands, wanting the maknae to look at him. However, Taemin still held his head down as well as shutting his eyes shut again. Taemin didn’t want to face anything. Everything was happening so quickly. He wanted to hug Jinki but at the same push him away, now that he realized Jinki knew all along.

 

Jinki was now crying as he was trying his very best to get to Taemin, to have him look into his eyes to tell him that what he felt for him was real. After awhile, he moved his hands from the boy’s cheeks to his back, trying to hug him. But as he was trying, Taemin kept slapping — pushing them away as he continued to cry.

 

Both of them were crying for each other, from the hurt because of the past, from the love, from the pain that they were now feeling. They both knew they were hurting each other so much right now because of Taemin pushing him away and because Jinki giving his all to apologize and deliver the message that he loved him deeply. But seeing how the younger boy was pushing him away made him hurt a ton more.

 

They continued to fight each other. Jinki continued to try calming Taemin with his hugs and words and Taemin continued to push him away. Taemin was getting tired from it, not wanting to do this anymore so he let Jinki win. Once Jinki finally had his arms around the boy, he caressed his head into his chest as well as kissing the top of it. Taemin was still somehow pushing Jinki away but the older boy used his strength to keep him close, to whisper into his hair that he was sorry and that he loved him.

 

“I-I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”

 

Taemin whimpered and hit wherever he could hit the leader at but Jinki accepted all of them, knowing he deserved all of it. For hiding and for lying. “I h-hate you…” Taemin kept mumbling repeatedly as he hit the leader. “I h-hate you so much…” It hurt Jinki to hear those words. It hurt to know that Taemin hated him but again he didn’t do anything about it and continued to hug the boy.

 

“Shh… I know, I’m sorry.” Jinki cried quietly into his ears.

 

They stayed like that on the rooftop for quite some time. Jinki swayed the both of them from left to right to help calm Taemin. He continued to apologizing to the younger boy as well as kissing his head from time to time. However, now that Taemin’s words processed in his head he slowly let go of the boy, wiping his eyes and turning his head away.

 

“I… I guess you can go now…” He stopped just before his voice could not form his words properly. Jinki lifted his head up with a smile — a smile partnered with red eyes and tears. Taemin had a good look of it. The younger boy knew right off the bat that, that smile wasn’t real, the smile was full of pain. It didn’t match Jinki.

 

It now hit Taemin that not only was he the one getting hurt, Jinki was too.

 

“Taemin- Minnie, I’m sorry.” Jinki mumbled to him as he stepped back a couple feet from the other. However, Taemin didn’t say anything back, he only watch him.

 

When Jinki turned around to walk back to where they were sitting, he thought the younger boy had left considering he heard the door closing. He thought Taemin didn’t want anything to do with him anymore.

 

He knew the boy was hurting but not by this much and now he couldn’t do anything but blamed himself because he caused this. He sat on the ground pulling his knees close to the his chest and keeping his head in between.

 

He started crying and grabbing onto his hair as well as hitting it. He continued to call himself stupid and he didn’t stop not until someone held his arms.

 

Taemin lifted Jinki’s arms away from hurting himself and dropped them by Jinki’s sides. He didn’t want Jinki to hurt himself when he didn’t deserve it. Jinki lifted his head up to look at the boy and closed his eyes. “I’m so sorry Taemin-ah… I’m so sorry.”

 

Taemin only hugged the boy now, now wanting to comfort him. “I’m sorry too hyung…”


 

***


 

It’s was 3 in the morning and the two weren't back and this made Jonghyun worry. They had a full schedule tomorrow and he didn't know how to cover up for Jinki. The managers knew Taemin was at the SM building, most likely practicing some more. The managers didn't know that Jinki and Jungah were done, so right off the bat they'd think he was out late with her again.

 

That to him already didn't seem professional, so he didn't want the managers thinking like that as well. Though he had a feeling — knew that Jinki wasn't with the older woman.

 

“Hyung, why don't we go to the SM building to go pick Taemin up? You know he won't stop until someone actually stops him.” Minho spoke from memories. “You think so?” Minho nodded in reply.

 

None of them were tired considering they took a short nap while waiting and Jonghyun just had sleeping problems. They had Minho drive and the two lovers stayed at the back seat. It was best for him to drive because with little sleep, he was still the one with the most senses. It didn't take long for them and so they entered right after getting the guard to open the door. The three went straight to the usual practice room they went to, however they didn't hear anything from the room even though the lights were open.

 

Kibum was the first to sneak his head in with a smile hoping to see the boy. When he saw no living being in the room, he opened the door wide with confusion etched on his face. He walked further into the room having the other two follow him.

 

“Taemin-ah?” Minho called repeatedly.

“Oh hush it will you? Isn't it obvious he's not in here?” Kibum nudged. “Sorry, I was just making sure…”

 

Kibum turned to his boyfriend. “I thought you said manager saw him walk into the building? Where is he?” Jonghyun shrugged.

“Maybe the bathroom, check the bathroom. Minho-ah ask the guard at the front if he saw the maknae leave.” Minho nodded before going off to the front as Kibum went towards the washrooms close to the room.

 

He was alone and thought to himself. Where can that boy be, manager would have called if Taemin left… he's got to be somewhere in this building…

 

Just as he was finishing his thoughts he remembered stories from debut days. How Taemin often came up to the rooftop and how that was where he first met the leader. He didn't want the others knowing that he might know where the maknae was. So he looked out the room at both directions of where he last saw the two leave off to.

 

He casually walked towards the staircase and for some reason he had a feeling Jinki was up there instead. He told himself to forget about Taemin first a while and focused on the leader knowing the leader was probably out so late thinking everything was his fault.

 

He was nearing the door and although it was shut tight, he could hear two distinct voices from the other side. The singer didn't want to barge in just yet but he did have a smile form on his face.


 

***


 

Taemin now had both his hands on the older boy’s cheeks, the same way Jinki tried to hold his. He looked deep into Jinki’s eyes and all he could see from the usual cheerful eyes were pain and regret but also something he wanted to see for a very long time. Love.

 

“P-please… Taemin-ah… I-I’m sorry” Jinki sobbed as he forced himself to look down because of the strength those small hands held.

 

It was now Taemin to hold Jinki's head to his chest and he was now the one saying words of comfort.

 

Jinki shook the boy hands off him and turned away. He didn't want Taemin to look at someone like him. Someone who couldn't even get such easy thoughts straight. He stayed like that and sniffed. “P-please forgive me…” right after he said those words he looked back to the younger and gave him a smile. A smile that Taemin didn't want to see.

 

It really did hurt to see such a smile directed to him. A smile that was full of painful hidden emotions.

 

“I-if you want me to forgive you… stop lying to me…” Taemin shifted closer and once again held Jinki's face as he looked into the leader’s eyes. “Stop lying and forgive yourself…” Taemin finished off with a teary smile.

 

Although they could feel each other's breath, they didn't mind it. There were other things that were more important than the thought of a kiss.

 

“H-how… I’ve hurt you too much…” Jinki reminded. “Yes, but I've hurt you too much as well…” Taemin still continued to smile.

 

“H-how do I stop l-lying to myself?”

 

Taemin finally let go as he now looked down, not giving one more glance to the older as he walked away. Jinki eyes followed him and soon realized he needed to stand up, thinking this may be the last time he’d get to talk to the boy like this. However, he didn't make a move to get closer.

 

“I don't know…” The dancer ended in a light tone.

“Tell me hyung, how do I stop lying to myself?” He turned around and smiled at the older. It was confusing Jinki… didn't Taemin hate him? The boy said it himself. So why was Taemin trying to help him help himself?

 

Now don't get Taemin wrong. Tears were still spilling from his eyes, same with Jinki. But the younger knew smiles were the way to have such a talk without having it to feel quiet. Because smiles spoke a thousand words when it was just the both of them.

 

Taemin raised a brow and he smiled through a face that clearly said he was upset, but there was something along with that one emotion that Jinki saw; hope.

 

The younger of the two tried to stop himself from tearing up again. Not from sadness this time. “Hyung… if you were in my spot what would you be telling me?”

 

It took Jinki a while to figure out an answer, thinking Taemin was looking for a tough one. But he gave up on that thought and said what he would normally say to the younger at all times. “I’ll… I'll tell you to do the things you want to do? Tell you to the do the things how you want it to be…” Jinki looked down, not wanting to see the disappointed look on the younger’s face.

 

They both stayed at their places, not moving closer to the other. They stayed silent and Jinki was wondering whether what he said was really stupid at this moment.

 

“Do what you want to do hyung… do things how you want them to be…” This time Taemin took the initiative to move closer with a tiny smile. He didn't get too close though. He needed to know what Jinki wanted. So he gave him space. “What do you want to do hyung?” He asked one more time. When he saw Jinki walking towards him with small steps he encouraged him with a big tearful smile. When Jinki finally looked up, he was relieved. Relieved to know he was doing something right.

 

Taemin on the other hand was feeling the weight slowly lift from his shoulders with every step the leader made. Steps heading towards him. But all of the sudden Jinki stopped.

 

They were now inches apart.

 

Close… yet still so far.

 

The thought that they could be much closer made him dizzy and because of it he had to put his head down. But to encourage Jinki some more he repeated “what do you want to do hyung?” They were only letting out whispers so that’s what he did as he looked back up. He observed Jinki's face and all he could see was hesitation and hope.

 

Seeing how everything was now in the open, how he was blind to Jinki's feelings as well, he wasn't as upset like he was a few moments ago. He'd be stupid to stay mad at someone when he was equally to be blamed for.

 

If he was to be in Jinki's spot right now, he knew he would be feeling as if everything that has happened was because of him. But now… he knew they were at equal faults. Faults for not being honest with each other.

 

They said they'd be honest with each other from the very first day they declared themselves best friends, yet they've forgotten about that promise thinking these feelings they had for each other weren't going to be accepted by the other.

 

The younger of the two was getting impatient. He wanted to feel Jinki close, but he needed to know if Jinki really wanted to be with him. He was sure he wanted him. But there was always that voice that told him that the leader could be acting like this because of the atmosphere around them.

 

It was a cool night, a little breezy and Taemin was cold. “Hyung… hurry… or else I’ll leave.” Though he wanted it to seem like a threat it didn't sound like it to Jinki’s ears.

 

The leader walked closer, yet still he left some space. “You…” Jinki stepped closer. “What do you want to do?” This time it was Jinki who asked, wanting to see if the younger will actually answer. Because who knows… maybe the both of them had the same thoughts. Although there were still tears in their eyes, it was now evident that they were slowly getting to where they wanted to be.

 

With each question they asked each other, with each movement their bodies made they knew they were testing each other for the same thing. They both wanted to make sure.

 

“And why should I be the one answering my own question… why should I be the one saying what I want?”

 

“You want me to answer your first question?” Jinki whispered, not taking his eyes from the boy.

“Isn't that why we're still here?”

“You don't like it?” Jinki questioned as he glanced around the place. Taemin only shrugged.

“We'll… are you going to answer? Because like I said, I can leave.” The dancer reminded as he pointed his thumb towards the door.

 

When Taemin didn't see Jinki doing anything to keep this whole thing going, he really did turn around to leave. Though he wouldn't have done it if he wasn't confident with what was going to happen next.

 

Because now… he got his answer to his questions from the longing look he got from the leader.

And once he knew Jinki couldn't see his face he let out an all knowing smile. A true genuine smile.

 

Just as Jinki’s mind processed that Taemin was taking steps away from him, he spun the dancer around. He held onto the boy’s hand tightly with one hand, scared that the younger might rip it out of his grip.

 

“I want to make you mine” Jinki cut in looking down, not wanting to look at the boy’s face, afraid that he was reading the situation wrong again. However, the leader managed to gather enough courage to look back up at the younger, his eyes full of love, love that Taemin hasn't seen being thrown at him before.

 

Not taking another minute, Jinki held his face and kissed him right there on the lips.

 

Jinki held onto Taemin's cheeks and neck, finally having the kiss he's always wanted with the younger. They kissed with passion and to the both of them it felt as if they’ve been doing it for such a long time, only it felt like they were just deprived of time for each other. It felt natural to have their lips on each other.

 

They broke apart with a small smile after some time, only having their foreheads and hands resting on each other.

 

“I want to make you mine, I want to be the one to only kiss you like this and I want you to be the only person to be kissing me like this. I want to love you Lee Taemin.” Jinki whispered.

“What… what do you want?” After Jinki asked him the same question, he saw new tears forming in the dancer's eyes but this time he wasn't scared of them.

 

“I… I want to be happy with you, I want to be with you. I want to be the one loving you and I want you to be the one loving me back.” The younger sniffed and ended with a happy sigh.

 

They held onto each other's cheeks again as they kissed with more passion. The passion they were sure would not lift from them. And with the kiss, they did their best to send each other the love that they were full of for each other.

 

The rested their forehead together again as the both of them had their eyes closed.

 

“I love you so much… and I never stopped.” Jinki whispered. The leader opened his eyes, now looking into the pair of eyes he fell in love with.

 

Taemin figured that what Jinki meant was he loved him long before everything. How he didn't see Jinki's feelings in the past years when he was constantly looking at Jinki, he doesn't know. For all he knew, the boy never once glanced at him with those eyes he was giving him now.

 

That newly found fact made him happy though and so he granted the leader with a peck on the lips.

“I love you too hyung…”

 

They gave out their biggest smiles and just when they were about to make out heavily, the door opened.

 

“Okay lover boys times up. It's late.” Jonghyun clapped while he had a huge grin on his face.

 

The two best friends had a little heart attack but knowing it was just Jonghyun they both blushed at being caught. They pulled away trying to look anywhere but at Jonghyun. Trying to look anywhere but at the other.

 

It was silent, the two boys were still flushed, taking quick glances of each other and the other was smiling like an idiot, until Jinki spoke.

“Were… were you listening to us?”

The leader made sure to sound as if he was stripped of his clothes as he pointed to the both of them.

“A-ani… I was just passing by!” Jonghyun waved frantically.

This time it was Taemin who spoke. “Of course hyung because climbing a flight of stairs to the very top of the building was just “passing by” when you and I both know those hallways make you feel stuffy. Why don't we just give you big quotation marks to hold everywhere you go?”

 

Jonghyun lost his bouncy smile. “Watch it maknae. Be thankful I didn't bring the others up with me.” And with that the singer turned around like a diva.

 

“Wait, wait, wait…” Taemin called back. The dancer noticed something weird and he couldn't get rid of the idea that Jonghyun did something he promised he wouldn't do.

 

“Hyung, why are you not surprised that Jinki hyung is with me.” With those questioning words Jonghyun turned around to face the maknae very slowly. Just in time to see Taemin stepping away from the both of them and glaring. “You told him!” Taemin jumped to attack the older singer, right hand up in the air forming a fist.

 

Jinki didn't know what was happening all he could see now was his new lover was ready to attack his friend. He rushed forward wrapping his arms around the dancer, pulling him away from Jonghyun.

 

“Let go of me hyung! Let go!” The dancer yelled as he tried to rip Jinki's arms off of him. “Let go! I need to teach this hyung not to be a blabber mouth!” Taemin continued yelling. As Taemin was yelling all these words that were not true, Jonghyun covered himself with his arms hoping to be saved from the angry maknae. “Tae, Taemin, stop. Oh my God Taemin stop! He didn't tell me anything!” Jinki tried to calm the boy down in which he did.

 

“He… he didn't?” The maknae shifted his eyes from Jonghyun to his leader back to Jonghyun who was slowly walking away. Then it hit him.

 

“How much do you know hyung?”

“A lot all because of him…” Jinki said as he pointed to the singer giving off a betrayed look.

“Then he was a blabbering mouth!”

Just when Taemin was about to attack again, Jinki pulled him close. “He didn't tell me that you had feelings for me… I found out on my own.”

 

Taemin turned around from looking at Jonghyun to face the leader. “You found out on your own?” to make sure he looked back at Jonghyun in which the said boy nodded frantically.

 

“See maknae… if you calm down you find out a lot of things!”

With this, Taemin took out his shoe and threw it at Jonghyun.

“Yah! This is not how you treat your cupid!”

 

The couple froze in their spot, with a confused expression.

 

“Cupid?” They both said at the same time.

 

Jonghyun fixed himself up and nodded. “Ah… neh, Cupid. Wae? Something wrong? It was me who made you guys confess when you should've done so long ago. I was the one to talk to the both of you separately without each of you knowing. It’d be nice if I can get some recognition with how your relationship formed!”

 

No one talked for awhile after Jonghyun's outbursts. “You know… Jonghyun you're a bit too obsessed with our relationship… are you lacking because of Kibum?” Jinki asked in a jokingly manner. “No I'm not!” Jonghyun pouted and turned to leave and right when he was about to leave through the door he yelled out “I just… I wanted to be cupid okay!”

 

The singer left, leaving only Taemin and Jinki on the rooftop.

 

“He didn't say anything to you?” The younger step closer. “He didn't. I found out all by myself.” Jinki pecked him on the lips and smiled.

 

“Yah! Get off the rooftop if you don't want to others coming up!”

 

“Aish… I thought he said he wanted to be cupid? Why is he constantly bothering us?” Jinki complained, only having Taemin giggle. “Come on hyung, let's go.” Taemin offered his hand to the leader and he accepted it.


 

***


 

“Hyung! Where did you go? I asked the guard if he saw Taemin leave and he said he didn't. He must still be somewhere in the building.” Minho rushed out as he reached Jonghyun. As soon as Minho was finished with what he was saying Key came. “Jjong! Where were you? I was looking for you, he's not in the bathroom, he's not in any of them. I already checked.”

 

“Chincha? I wonder where they are?...” The singer acted as if he really didn't know where the maknae was.

 

“Wait… did you say ‘they’?” Kibum questioned as he looked over at his boyfriend.

 

Something is going on.

 

Jonghyun didn't bother with answering, he looked at the two rappers as they were both still catching their breaths. “Yah! Did you say ‘they’?” Kibum repeated and with that, right on the perfect timing, Jonghyun turned around and saw the two new lovebirds coming down from the stairs.

 

Of course they wouldn't use the elevators. So predictable.

 

Jonghyun only chuckled to himself as he looked in between the two. He pointed to their direction acting as dumb as ever. “Found them.”

 

Minho and Key turned towards where the singer pointed, seeing how the two missing members were okay, the rappers were relieved. However, when the two got closer Key noticed something.

 

“Oh my God…” He gasped out as he clung to his boyfriend. “Oh my God! Jonghyun you butthead!” He started hitting the man’s shoulders and smiled. Minho couldn't even pay attention to the two members that came down because he was confused as to why Kibum was excited.

 

“Ah wae? Kibum-ah... Yah! wae?” Minho constantly kept asking the same question.

“Use your huge eyes” Kibum sassed as he went up to the new couple. “You… are you guys finally…”

The both of them didn't say anything but smiled and showed their intertwined hands.

“Oh my God!” he turned around to Jonghyun and hugged him “Oh my God Jjong!” He stopped hugging him and slightly pushed his boyfriend away and went up to the two. “Finally, I'm so happy for the both of you!” He later hugged the the both of them and jumped around.

 

“They're together?...”

 

That brought silence to the excitement that was happening. All four members looked at the tall rapper in a serious manner.

 

Kibum let go of Taemin and looked at Minho as if he was a disgusting item and walked up to him. “Get it together frog boy!” He hit the boy’s head.

 

“Aish! Anyways congratulations you guys. I'm really happy for the both of you. Maybe this time Taemin-ah wouldn't be so sad anymore.” He ended with a smile but later was hit again by Kibum who later smiled at the maknae and leader. “Yah! Seriously hit me one more time and I'll tell Jonghyun what we did!”

“Oh please! That doesn't matter anymore! What we did was so long ago.”

 

As the two were bickering an awkward silence formed. The two finally noticed it and glanced at the members.

 

“What… what did you guys do?” Jonghyun asked in fear. “Nothing we did nothing!” Kibum punched Minho and went to his boyfriend. “Seriously… what is it.” Minho, finally being the one to notice something first blurted out “Yah! Hyung if you think we did something behind your back then you're wrong. He just used you to get a bag he wanted.”

 

Confusion can be seen on Jonghyun’s face.

“Don’t ask about it. I'll show you the bag which our good ol’ pal spent huge amount of money for.” Kibum patted Minho’s shoulder.

 

When the three was done talking they all turned around to the maknae and leader to congratulate them again, only to see that the two weren't there at all.

 

“Ah damnit! Where are they now?”


 

***


 

Jinki and Taemin were running out the building in smiles and laughter. “Hyung! Palli!”

They rushed to the dorms and locked themselves in, they weren't sure if the others had their keys on them but the couple didn't care. They headed to Jinki's room right away, seeing how that would be the only room where they'll get privacy.

 

“What do we do now?” The youngest asked with a happy sigh as he laid himself on the bed. “I don't know… I guess couple stuff?” The leader giggled as he followed what the maknae did. “And what do couples do hyung?”

 

Taemin said it in such a seductive way, Jinki didn't even know what to do. Taemin started to draw circles on the leader's chest and he lifted his head a bit to look at him. “Hyung… palli…” Taemin complained and with this Jinki knew what the boy wanted.

 

“Okay… but don't whine tomorrow because I'm going to give it my all.” Jinki smirked.


 

***


 

“Oh come on! They just got together and they're already ing?” Minho complained. “Oh hush it you, they waited long enough. Let them be.” Kibum sassed with a giggle.


 

***


 

Jinki woke up with a smile on his face.

 

Finally

 

His smile got bigger as he looked at the boy in his arms. He started to play with Taemin's hair as well as removing them from the boy’s face. Jinki caressed Taemin's face and that was what Taemin woke up to.

 

“Morning hyung.” The maknae said with a pleased smile. “Morning Tae” When Jinki saw the small frown on the boy's face his raised a brow.

“Can… you call me Minnie?” With the silly request, Jinki giggled.

“Minnie? Wae?”

“I don't know… it's just the first nickname you gave me. I like it”

“Keure”

 

They stayed in bed cuddling into each other. Taemin was resting his head on Jinki’s chest when he spoke. “Hyung I really thought you wouldn't realize…” Taemin said with a sad tone which made Jinki look at him. “Me? I realized, don't worry… I just didn't know I was hurting you. I waiting for you to realize my feelings because I was scared.” Jinki kissed the top of Taemin head. They were now happy and they were just glad to finally be in each other's arms, to finally hold each other like lovers do. They both didn't bother to get up, they stayed lying there in comfortable silence until Jinki hugged him tighter and whispered.

 

“Will you realize…?”

 

There was a slight pause from the maknae, until he too hugged tighter.

 

“Don't worry hyung. I did”


 


I'm happy that I finally got to finish this story and I'm honestly going to miss writing it. I just want to thank everyone who had to put up with the long updates. Also, thank you to the 94 subscribers! I really didn't think anyone would read this. Thank you and I hope you all enjoyed it.