Lonely Hour

I've Told You Now

Kyungsoo doesn’t believe in falling in love; has always been a non-believer. Soulmate, true love. Those are just a bunch of words to him that are equivalent to the word pie. It’s great to have, admiring it from every angle its beauty until eventually it’s gone and there’s an empty spot in the pit of his stomach that makes him yearn for more but too painful to do so. That maybe the reason behind his lonely nights, choosing to stay in his tiny apartment than scoping the city with his friends.

 

Love doesn’t come easy, Kyungsoo concludes. After a harsh breakup with his longterm girlfriend he decides to put love on hold. He reckons that it’s the best thing for him. Too many broken promises about forever and always. Just another bullet point in his ongoing list of why falling in love sounds like a comforting lie to reassure the hopeless romantics. He thinks he should write a book. Perhaps spare the hearts of those unfortunate souls. Maybe.

 

He’s set up on blind dates occasionally. It’s for your own good, Baekhyun tells him. You trap yourself inside your apartment and it’s not good for you. Kyungsoo thinks differently. He enjoys staying inside behind closed doors, the sense of safety and comfort. No broken hearts, disappointments. It’s a quiet life that he lives, but he’s fine with it. It’s the pounds on his door at seven pm and the force of his two best friends knocking him to the ground is what he’s not fine with. He would rather be at home enjoying a good book while sipping on oolong tea with honey. But no, he’s out and about in the city trailing behind the dynamic duo of dumb and dumber. It’s one of those surprise visits that he gets where they show up at his door, dress him up nicely, and take him to a fancy restaurant or a homely coffee shop. Typical places that they choose for blind dates.

 

It’s not until he turns into a grimy street, hearing the melodic sounds of a guitar that compliments well with the simple beats of the drum. The trio walks into a small nightclub that has a neon sign with the words UNE ANNÉE glowing above it. It’s too small for Kyungsoo’s liking, and definitely too crowded for any more people to be in here. He’s pretty sure he seen a sign that strictly states that this building holds the capacity of 50 people. Just by scanning the area he figures that there are without a doubt more than 50 people. He’s close to complaining, already tugging the ends of Baekhyun’s denim jacket until he hears a calm voice echoing out of the speakers. It’s the same voice he heard on his way in but this time it’s clearer. There’s a girl behind the microphone, pastel skin glowing underneath the harsh lights. She talks to the audience for awhile, thanking them for coming out to their show, as well as the love and support that her band has gotten since the first day they performed on that stage. She concludes her short speech with a humorous story of the beginning stages of their band—they performed at unusual joints, one being at a onion festival in the countryside—which brings laughter in the nightclub. He sees the girl behind the microphone’s eyes quickly shape into deep crescent moons, a honeyed laughter seeping through the speakers right after, and Kyungsoo could swear he felt something churn in his stomach.

 

The last song performed left Kyungsoo in awe. He wonders why his friends didn’t take him to the club earlier in the night, or earlier in the year. The harmonization of the vocals wowed him, working well with the instruments that kept the beat alive. He have seen his fair share of local indie bands over the years, being constantly dragged around from nightclub to nightclub to watch what was usually god-awful music by mediocre musicians, so his expectations were set on his all time low when he walked into another show. The band, Pink Tape, was a complete three sixty, blowing him away as the first verse ended with a bang of the symbols. The lyrics were emotional and it brought back acute nostalgia of his days in college, a period of time that was supposed to remain in the back of his mind. But it was the girl behind the microphone that left him speechless and wanting for more.

 

The concert ends with a roar from the audience. There’s a loud chant of an encore but to their dismay the band members give a big ninety degree angle bow of gratitude and say their goodbyes. The concertgoers file out the cramped building in packs, leaving the nightclub deserted with only the band staying behind to clean up their equipment and instruments. Kyungsoo stays behind, along with Baekhyun and the tall giant name Chanyeol.

 

“How’d you like the band?” Chanyeol asks him, wrapping one of his lanky arms around his shoulders. Normally he would brush him off, telling him to knock it off or else, but he can’t find the energy to do so. His mind is jumbled up with thoughts of the lead singer and the soulful voice of hers. He thinks for awhile because he doesn’t want to reply with a simple response. No, there’s no words that could describe what he’s feeling, it just doesn’t exist. So he settles with a it was good and lets the taller male hang onto him for a little longer.

 

The band cleans up the stage under a little half an hour, walking back-and-forth from the back entrance of the building to their poor conditioned van. It was then when Kyungsoo snaps back into reality to see the duo standing near the stage talking with the band members. He sees Chanyeol chatting with the lead singer which seems like an innocent conversation, until she brushes her hand along Chanyeol’s and Kyungsoo begins to feel unexplainable emotions boiling inside him. The giant calls out for Kyungsoo, motioning him with a wave of his hand to come over, and he complies, heading towards the stage in a matter of seconds.

 

“This is Bomi, she’s the lead singer of Pink Tape,” Chanyeol informs him. They bow to one another and Kyungsoo’s having a hard time looking at her. It was much easier to stare at her when he was just another unknown face in the crowd but now he’s face-to-face with the girl, and he wishes that he stayed home today because he wants to throw up. Now that he’s up close, he notices how plump her pink stained lips are. They’re haunting him and he catches himself staring at the way they move when she talks. Honestly, she makes it hard for him not to stare. The words date and tonight and have fun you two are what brings him back to earth, leaving him bewildered at the sight of Chanyeol and Baekhyun rushing to the exit while waving frantically. He sees the mischievous grins that are plastered across their faces and he wants to punch the smiles right off their pretty little faces, but then he remembers that he’s left behind with the lead singer. Maybe he won’t seek revenge this time for leaving him a complete stranger. Maybe he’ll thank the two dumbos this time.

 


 

Kyungsoo doesn’t believe in falling in love, but he’s three months into his new relationship with the lead singer and he couldn’t be happier. He’s content with the way things are going; there’s no fights, no drama, but it’s too early in their relationship to think it’s all rainbows and gumdrops. He knows that there’ll be hearts shattered in the future but he tries not think about it. For now he’s happy.

 

His first date with Bomi was embarrassing. He had a hard time completing coherent sentences, only being able to release unpleasant animal-like noises from the back of his throat. It’s not his first time out on a blind date, no, but it was the first time he was on a date with someone he felt attracted to. They agreed upon a walk to the park near the nightclub. There was less pressure than sitting down across each other in an enclosed social area. Small talk came easy between one another. Even if they had nothing more to say and the sound of the evening critters crept upon them, there was no awkward moments, only comfortable silence and unspoken feelings.

 

“You were cute that night,” Bomi tells him on their one hundred day anniversary. There’s flowers and candles and the whole nine yards of romantic decorations that Kyungsoo, and the help of the two (what Kyungsoo likes to call them) nincompoops, did for their special day. It’s a romantic dinner near the ocean, something Bomi once mentioned that would be a lovely idea for a date.

 

Mentioning the word cute makes Kyungsoo’s heart jump for joy. He likes it when she shower him with adorable compliments. It’s something that she does on the daily. But he’s far from cute, “You’re cute, very cute. I’m not.”

 

“We’re both cute.” Bomi’s staring straight at him, deep into his eyes with adoration. The moonlight reflects in her big, brown eyes and Kyungsoo swears that he’s slowly falling in love with her.

 


 

Kyungsoo doesn’t believe in falling in love, but he knows he cares for Bomi, a lot.

 

“You’re in love,” Baekhyun teases when Kyungsoo settles his phone down onto the table. He’s messaging Bomi, replying back that yes I will drop by the supermarket to grab some milk before I head home and waiting for the usual thanks Soo, love you! message before he turns his full attention the man before him. 

 

Honestly speaking, he’s a bit afraid to conclude that what he might be feeling is love. Just hearing the word makes him feel dizzy. He’s afraid to get hurt again; doesn’t think that his heart can withstand the pain.

“Let’s assume that what you just said is true, that I am in love. Maybe what I have with Bomi is more than what I expected. But what if it turns into something that I’m not prepared for? What if it ends in a way that leaves me scarred.”

 

Baekhyun’s having a difficult time not slamming his silverware down hard on the countertop. There’s a long sigh being released from his lips and Kyungsoo could already foresee the continuous nagging that’s coming to him. “You need to get over it! It’s been years since college. What happened between you and Namjoo is done and now in the past. Stop thinking that every single girl that you like will end up snatching your heart and stomp all over it like it’s nothing. You just need to let things play out, nothing is for sure. I know the breakup left a bad impression of love for you but I see the way you look at her, look at Bomi. It’s the same way you used to look at Namjoo.”

 

The sound of her name brought back waves of traumatic memories; tsunami tides crashing over him and drowning him with bits and pieces o.f his recollection of a love that could of been something. There’s a moment of missing her lasting way too long than it should and Kyungsoo’s wondering the well-being of the girl. How is she, where is living now, did she fulfill her dreams of becoming a pediatrician?

 

“I think we’re all past the assumptions. It’s been almost a year since you two met. ” Baekhyun’s cutting a piece of his pie, stuffing his face in the most disgusting way a human can possible to do so. Kyungsoo wants to point out the speck of crust on the side of his lips but he’s cut off to the chime of Baekhyun’s voice, “You guys act like you’re married. It’s pretty revolting if you ask me.”

 

No one asks Baekhyun for anything: favors, opinions, and definitely not advice. He at giving advice. Chanyeol once asked him advice about his relationship, long story short, Chanyeol told him that they were having problems and Baekhyun replied nonchalantly with a dump her. Kyungsoo’s not sure why he’s remain friends with him for all these years.

 

There’s a tap on the glass that catches their attention. The two is sitting near the front overlooking the busy streets of Seoul. They see the giant waving his hands above him, a goofy grin spreading across his face. He looks a bit insane and there are strangers passing by the restaurant that they are in and Kyungsoo’s beginning to consider getting new friends because the two that he has right now are humiliating.

 

Chanyeol disappears from the street and few seconds later he’s standing above the smaller gentleman. He’s still wearing that broad smile that extends from his oversized ears, which could only mean one thing when understanding the life of Park Chanyeol. “I have great news! No wait, better than great, astounding news! I can’t believe it’s happening. I don’t know where to start. You two are going to throw me the best party ever, and don’t be ing cheap okay, especially you Kyungsoo, you’re the worst when it comes to money. You’re so stingy. I bothered you for five dollars so I can get coffee and you know that I can’t start my day without a cup of freshly brewed coffee but you couldn’t even spare that much. You look like you wanted to murder—”

 

“Easy there tiger, take a deep breath. You’re at a solid 11 right now in the Chanyeol-freak-out-meter, let’s bring it down to a 6. Can you take it back a few sentences before you started babbling into complete nonsense? I heard something about a great, no, astounding news?” Chanyeol pushes Baekhyun down so he can scoot over to the next chair alongside him. He sits down to take a sip of the man’s ice tea which results in a whiny complaint from the shorter male for spreading his germs. Baekhyun’s one of those germaphobes which is kind of shocking for someone who eats like he been starving for days.

 

“There was also something about a party somewhere along that long monologue.” Kyungsoo continues, curious to hear where Chanyeol’s exhilarating announcement was heading. “Why the hell would we spend our hard-earned cash for you and for what occasion?” 

 

The smile on Chanyeol’s face is wiped off instantly, replaced with a stone cold expression that even makes Kyungsoo shiver from the foreign expression that was etched on the usually happy-go-lucky man. “One, I am entirely, whole-heartedly, downright hurt Kyungsoo. I, Park Chanyeol, is one out of two of Do Kyungsoo’s total friends; the other one is of course this puppy dog right next to me. It’s only basic principles that you, and any other human being living in this planet, would throw a party for their friends because you know, we’re friendssssss. Two, you’re probably wondering why I would need a party? Well, it’s because I’m freaking getting married. She said yes! Chorong said yes! I proposed earlier today. This is probably the best thing that could ever happen to me. You two are in charge of throwing me the best bachelor party in the whole wide world, and I’m expecting a lot from you two. Especially you Baekhyun, you being a party planner and all. Oh and three, I’m the one who set you up with Bomi, so you kind of owe me since then. It’s been what, a year? Maybe roughly a month or two more? I think it’s time for you to return the favor. You two have been together for awhile now, when are you two going to tie the knot?”

 

“That’s what I was just thinking! Finally, a voice of reason! Kyungsoo here needs to pop the question, it’s been over a year, I think it’s about time realistically speaking.”

 

Baekhyun’s right, which is actually something I don’t admit, well, never. "When is Baekhyun ever right?” (Shut up, Chanyeol, you monstrous troll, Baekhyun murmurs under his breath) Chanyeol just side-eyes him. He’s too much in a good mood to argue with him about Baekhyun’s excessive name calling, so he resumes, “Chorong and I have only been dating half as long as you and Bomi and we’re getting married first. You two are obviously in love.”

 

And there’s those pair of words again. Kyungsoo’s not sure if it’s the words of the day but he thinks that they need to stop saying them. In love? Do Kyungsoo? He doesn’t want to go deeper into their relationship, he thinks where they are now is fine. Then again the thought of Chanyeol getting married to his girlfriend makes him happy. He likes the thought of him living for the rest of his life with someone that he loves, just one less friend he doesn’t need to worry about living a content life. The promise of ‘till-death-do-us-part sounds magical in his mind. But thinking about it for himself seems too farfetched. Can he really be happy, too?

 


 

“I believe in you, the person you will grow to be and the couple we will be together. With my whole heart, I take you, Chorong, as my wife, acknowledging and accepting your faults and strengths, as you do mine. I promise to be faithful and supportive and to always make our family’s love and happiness my priority. I will be yours in plenty and in want, in sickness and in health, in failure and in triumph. I will dream with you, celebrate with you, and walk beside you through whatever our lives may bring. You are my person—my love and my life, today and always. I feel truly blessed because I have found a love that transcends and grow. There is still a part of me today that cannot believe that I’m the one who gets to marry you, I’m the luckiest man on earth.”

 

There’s continues sobs echoing throughout the massive Catholic chapel. Brides maid trying to blot the streams of tears falling one after the other before it ruins their splendid makeup. Groomsmen hiding the fact that their eyes are watery so they turn around the wipe away that one manly tear that shed somewhere along the lines when Chanyeol declared his promise of having a family one day, the thought of baby Parks running around brings a smile to the bride’s face. It’s a beautiful day today, especially a day to hold a wedding ceremony and witnessing a pair that loves each other passionately and tenderly and promising to one another days filled with ups and downs spent with one another and nobody else. The sun is hitting through the stained glass window that is behind the lovely couple, shining multiple watercolors upon them as if they were a blank canvas ready to blend harmoniously to form a master piece. Kyungsoo turns to the side to see Bomi bawling her eyes. She’s starting to snivel and he instinctively grabs her hands into his. She’s a er for these types of things: love, romance, promises of cliché happily-ever-after, and Kyungsoo wonders for a moment if there might be a chance for them to spend their lives together.

 

“I promise to encourage your compassion, because that is what makes you unique and wonderful. I promise to nurture your dreams, because through them your soul shines. I promise to help shoulder our challenges, for there is nothing we cannot face if we stand together. I promise to be your partner in all things, not possessing you, but working with you as a part of the whole. I promise to you perfect love and perfect trust, for one lifetime with you could never be enough. Lastly, I promise you myself, for I will not just be your lover, but also your companion, your partner in parenthood, and your true and loyal best friend. This is my sacred vow to you, my equal in all things.”

 

/////

 

 

The wedding reception is loud, moved to an outside location that happens to be the bride’s family’s lake home. It’s decorated beautifully under a vast, white tent that’s enough to cover the small amount of guests that they have invited. There’s one hundred and fifty of them, give or take a few. Chanyeol wanted a small, intimate party, Chorong wanted to go all out. Let’s just say that this was the compromise. There’s an elegant white rose arch at the entrance, rose petals sprinkled across the yard to make a walkway, guiding the guests into the tent. There are glass bottles and mason jars tied onto the trees around the area filled with fresh pink carnations and the same white roses matching the arch. There are what seems to be hundreds of christmas lights wrapped around the trees and across the backyard that lights up the reception perfectly as the sun begins to set.

 

Kyungsoo’s walking into the party, hand-in-hand with Bomi. The event started at 5:00 pm sharp, an hour later when the wedding ended. They’re forty five minutes late and the bride and groom smirks at them, noting the messy hair and smudged lipstick. The just married couple thanks them for coming, reminding them to sign in, and enjoy themselves before taking their leave and entertaining the rest of the guests that are coming in late. There’s a table with black rimmed sunglasses dispersed neatly in rows near the entrance of the tent and Kyungsoo looks at Bomi with wide eyes because why would they be giving a way sunglasses as wedding favors when it’s almost dark out? He then sees the sign when they get to the table and he shakes his head, completely dumbfounded by the cheesiness: “Don’t be blinded by our love... Please take some shades!” This must be Chanyeol’s idea.

 

“There you two are! Where have you guys been? The ceremony ended like an hour ago, what can you two be possibly be doing that is so important—” There’s an angry Baekhyun walking there way. He’s holding a clipboard that must contain the check list to make sure his best friend’s wedding goes according to plan and nothing goes wrong to ruin their perfect day. He’s in charge of everything: from being absolute sure that there are no unwanted guests lurking around the area to arranging the table decor so it doesn’t look out of place. Solely responsible as the wedding planner—also as the best man. “Hm, never mind. Seeing the condition you two are in, it seems that you were busy taking care of uncontrollable hormones, but hey, that’s none of my business. Anyway we’ll be dining soon and remember you’re in charge of the best man speech.”

 

Kyungsoo is taken back, eyes dilating from hearing that he will be the one giving the best man speech. He’s not the best man, Baekhyun is. He can’t transfer his responsibility to Kyungsoo at the last minute. “What do you mean I am in charge or the best man speech. You’re the best man, I’m not. You are crazy to think that I am giving it. I’m not even ready, I don’t have anything written down, I don’t even know what I’m going to say.”

 

“Chill, Chanyeol knows that I’m not doing the speech. I’m way too busy being in charge of the whole freaking wedding, so I told him that you’ll do it. The least you can do, as one of Chanyeol’s groomsmen and best friend, is deliver an awesome best man speech that’ll knock his socks off and everyone else here! You’ll do fine. Just talk about the stupid stuff that we did during college. Those would bring back memories. Well I need to run, duty calls.”

 

/////

 

“Uh, hi, everyone. I’m Do Kyungsoo, and though I wasn’t the best man at the wedding, I guess I’m the best man at the reception. I’m definitely the best choice to be giving the best man speech. (There’s a loud boo from the back of the tent and Kyungsoo chuckles from the sound of Baekhyun’s objection.) Ladies and gentlemen, if there’s anybody here this evening who’s feeling nervous apprehensive and queasy at the thought of what lies ahead, it’s probably because you have just married Park Chanyeol. I’m actually quite excited to talk about Chanyeol’s presence without being interrupted, even though I was freaking out when I found out that I was the one to deliver such an honorable speech about one of the most amazing guys that I know. Now it’s not that I’m saying that Chanyeol is loud but he does seem to break a fundamental law of physics that light travels faster than sound, because with Chanyeol, you very definitely hear him before you see him. It’s great to see that everyone is enjoying the wedding today, but I have to say that being one of the groomsmen you get to see behind the scenes—and let me tell you it isn’t pretty. Tears, hissy fits, chucking lipsticks and mascara all over the place... Luckily, I’ve heard that Chorong was better behaved than the groom. Quite clearly, no expense has been spared in creating this wonderful occasion for us all to enjoy. And by the way, please don’t worry if you have heard any unusual noises during the speeches, it’s only Chanyeol’s wallet groaning in agony. You might even hear Baekhyun in the back, but that’s another story. Looking around this packed tent, it’s surprising just how far some people are prepared to travel for a free dinner. It’s a good job Chanyeol didn’t choose the menu, otherwise you would have been very disappointed to have come all this way for Kalbi washed down with Hite-Jinro. Now I’m supposed to use this opportunity to recall embarrassing moments to ridicule Chanyeol. But I’ve been put under strict instructions not to mention the time the whole campus of our university started calling Chanyeol Yoda because of his ears, the time we decided to go bowling and he boasted about how he was the God of Bowling but the only thing he could do was send the ball into the gutters, or the time we caught Chanyeol singing to his favorite girl group in his underwear. Of course Chanyeol... I won’t say a thing. My lips are sealed. The theme of my speech is this: why marry Park Chanyeol? What is so special about him? Over the last few months I’ve made extensive investigations and I think I’ve found the answer. One reason to marry Chanyeol is that he’s exceptionally thoughtful—he’s always thinking about friends and family. In fact, he starts thinking from the moment he wakes up, and doesn’t stop until he opens his mouth! Throughout college, his sporting prowess was legendary. In fact, when he graduated he was recognized as having a major contribution to our university’s well known soccer team... by sticking to basketball because God knows that he’s not quick on his feet. Another reason to marry Chanyeol is that he’s very caring—especially about his appearance. It’s easy to see from today that Chanyeol, impeccably dressed, has always been an image-conscious sort of guy. You know, he once admitted to me that his favorite forms of entertainment were basketball, music, and mirrors... In reverse order. I can only assume that the reason for Chorong choosing Chanyeol was because of his good looks, but that can’t be the reason, right? It must because opposites attract. I mean, one of my fondest memories is walking into their garden for a party to see Chanyeol in the kitchen wearing a floral apron making cocktails and Chorong in the garden chopping firewood with an axe.... They certainly are opposites... If the theme of my speech had been: why marry Chorong? It would have been straight forward. She is beautiful, intelligent, and funny. She can cook, I should know I’ve tasted most of her homemade dishes, and she’s got the patience of a saint, and trust me when you’re dealing with Park Chanyeol, you’ll be needing it. Chanyeol, I can say with my hand on my heart that you’re one of the luckiest man alive. All jokes aside, it’s a wonderful honor being the one to deliver the best man speech at your reception. He is a true friend who never ceases to amaze me with his kindness. He had listened to my many rants, even when most of the time I’m complaining about how Baekhyun needs to shut up because he can never stop talking about who is better: Jo In Sung or Choi Jin Hyuk. Of course it’s Jo In Sung! He gives without any thought of reward. He is a super guy and a role model of a friend. And yes, we’re had our differences, but nothing that two lawyers and a judge couldn’t sort out. I’d like to wish the happy couple well and toast their future happiness. Ladies and gentlemen, to the bride and groom.

 

 

“Now before I actually wrap up this long speech, I’ve come to realize something. I look at Chanyeol and Chorong sitting down, smiling and staring at each other with so much adoration in their eyes. They’re radiating an abundance amount of happiness that is contagious; just staring at them can make you happy. And then it hit me, I would want to feel that way too. I want to feel that sense of happiness knowing that they have each other in their lives during the good and the bad, someone who is willing to walk down the hard road hand-in-hand, we call Life. I’m sorry Chanyeol and Chorong, I know today is your special day and the last thing I want to do is steal the spotlight from you two but I would like to ask an important question to someone I love dearly. Bomi, love has always been a big question mark to me. I wasn’t sure when and where love was going to come and present itself in my life, I honestly thought I was going to give up on it, until you came into my life. You know me better than anyone else in this world and somehow you still manage to love me, even when I had a hard time expressing that I love you too. I remember once how I told you I did not believe in soulmates. I will never forget your reaction, you were shocked and a little hurt that I did not think we were. But you looked at me, and I have yet to forget the words that you’ve told me: It’s okay, one day you will. As time went by, your love made me believe. So Yoon Bomi, my love, I’m hoping you’ll do me the honor of being my soulmate. Will you marry me?”

 


 

Kyungsoo doesn’t believe in falling in love, but that changed the day when he met Yoon Bomi.

 

He’s standing in front of the mirror, staring back at his reflection before a knock on the door disrupts his train of thought. He steps to the door and opens it, happy to see a beautiful baby boy sitting in front of the door. There’s a charming smile etched on his face, and Kyungsoo is immediately reminded of someone. He looks just like his mother.

 

“Ah, Kyungsoo! You’re awake! I wanted you to sleep in for a few more minutes. You came home late last night so I wanted you catch up on your sleep, and I was going to surprise you with breakfast.”

 

He heads to the girl standing behind the stove, arms wrapped tightly around her waist as he kisses the side of her head. “Good morning love.”

 

They stand there for a few minutes, completely still and enjoying each other’s warmth. It’s mornings like these that Kyungsoo enjoys waking up to even if it means only having a few hours of sleep. He’ll take spending time with his family over sleep any day. He grabs the little boy that’s now making his way towards his loving parents, a spitting image of Kyungsoo and Bomi, and takes him in his arms. Breakfast is now done and Kyungsoo takes the liberty to set up the table after setting down little peanut (Their nickname that they have given to him before he was born). They sit down, recalling recent stories about their week and simply appreciating their tiny family. Bomi’s hoping to extend their blood line, but Kyungsoo’s just fine with the handful they have right now. Maybe later, he reassures her. Right now he’s content, and he couldn’t be ever happier.

 

On this day,

I give you my heart,

My promise,

That I will walk with you,

Hand in hand,

Wherever our journey leads us,

Living, learning, loving,

Together,

Forever.


Disclaimer: I did not write most of the vows that you read in this one shot, and the best man speech. I searched it up on Google (thank god for Google!) and I just switched up the names and added some sentences to match the story. I hope you enjoyed reading it!