Minho

Oneshots for Unni

    I sighed, pulling my phone out and checking for any messages. There were none and I closed my phone, slipping it into my backpack. I ran a hand over my hair quickly, smoothing it down, then took a deep breath and walked into the lecture. I was one of the first people in the room, pulling out my laptop to take notes and checking my phone again. 
    The only new message was an email from my dongsaeng in the US, and I took a few seconds to reply. I looked around the room, seeing more people start to trickle in to the college lecture. I couldn't help seeing the happy couples walking in together, holding hands and talking softly as they sat down. 
    A small weight dropped on my heart, reminding me of my lack of relationships. As ridiculous as it sounded, I was lonely here at college. My parents were in another part of Canada, and my older brother was traveling the world. No boys at college had caught my eye, and I was slowly trying to accept my single status. 
    Two boys nearby me were whispering to each other loudly, turning around occasionally to stare at me. I frowned, crossing my arms over my chest self-consciously and looking away. They kept staring, and a prickle of annoyance ran through me. 
    "I want her next." One of them whispered loudly to the other. I frowned deeper, hating their staring and whispering. 
    "Dude, go for it." The other said back. The first started to stand, but the professor walked into class at the same moment. 
    The boy sat back down and I breathed a small sigh of relief, trying to get a hold of my anger. I was not some object a guy could claim! I sighed again, opening my laptop and beginning to take notes. 
    When the lecture was over, I packed up quickly and left the room as soon as I could. I headed for the library, planning to do some quiet studying. I sat down at a table, spreading out my books and beginning to read, when someone sat down across from me. 
    I looked up, seeing the boy from before smirking at me from across the table. I looked to the left for an escape route, only seeing another male student sitting at the table next to me. His eyes were closed and his headphones were in—he wouldn't be any help. 
    "Hey, pretty girl. I'm over here." The boy smirked, waving a hand at me. I raised one eyebrow, looking at him coldly as I packed up my books. 
    "What do you want?" I asked, keeping my voice clipped and professional. He smiled wolfishly, flashing white teeth. 
    "Your phone number." He said confidently, tipping back in his chair and crossing his arms. I shook my head, standing and swinging my bag over one shoulder. 
    "Sorry, I don't give my phone number to strangers." I said, turning to walk away. A crushing hand on my wrist stopped me and I spun around, wincing as he yanked me towards him. 
    "Let go!" I said, pulling back my other hand to hit him. Someone moved in between us before I got a chance too, yanking the boy off my wrist and shoving him back into a table. 
    "I believe she just said she doesn't give her phone number to strangers. I suggest you leave her alone." A cold voice said, leaving me staring at the broad back of the boy standing between me and my attacker.     
    He was tall, about six feet, with slightly curly brown hair. His broad shoulders stretched his black jacket slightly, his hands curled into fists at his sides. He stood elegantly, his movements controlled. His headphones curled around his neck, glossy against his hair. 
    "Whatever." The other boy spit, turning quickly and stalking away. Headphones boy turned around, giving me a radiant white smile that made my heart flutter. 
    "Are you hurt?" he asked, his voice holding an accent. He was Asian, with almond shaped brown eyes and an adorable face. 
    "N-no. Thank you." I said, smiling at him. He nodded, taking my backpack from me and gesturing for me to follow him. 
    "I'm Minho." Minho said, guiding me through the halls of the college. "Are you done with your classes?"
    "I'm Tika. Yes, I'm done for the day." I said, following him in a daze. We finally exited the campus, Minho guiding me to a small coffee shop and pulling a chair out for me to sit. 
    "What do you want to drink?" Minho asked, pulling out his wallet. I half-stood, reaching in my pocket for money, but he shook his head with a smile. 
    "I got it." Minho said. I gave him my order, eyeing the dark chocolate bars by the cashier hungrily. Dark chocolate was the best thing in the world, and you don't know how badly I wanted one of those bars~
    "The coffee will be here in a second." Minho said, sitting down in the chair across from me and smiling. I smiled back, rubbing my hands together to keep them warm. It was cold these day in Canada, and the sky had been hinting at a storm all day. 
    "Here." Minho pulled off his jacket and wrapped it around me, ignoring my protests. I finally stopped protesting, snuggling down into the warm fleece and enjoying the scent that curled around my nose. 
    Minho's jacket smelled like cologne and cinnamon, probably from the stick of cinnamon gum I found in the pocket. Minho stood after a few minutes, going to get our drinks, and I admired the way his long-sleeved v-neck hugged the muscles in his arms and revealed a sliver of his chest. My heart did another flip in my chest and I smiled slightly to myself, wondering if it was actually possible this was the guy for me. 
    "Here you go." Minho said, appearing and holding out some coffee. I thanked him, taking a sip and watching as he sat down with a mischievous gleam in his eye. 
    "Ta-da!" Minho said softly, pulling out a dark chocolate bar from his back pocket with a flourish and smiling at me. I smiled back, accepting it shyly and opening the wrapper. 
    "So, where are you from?" Minho asked while I nibbled on the chocolate. I straightened up, tucking a curl of hair behind my ear. 
    "I moved around a lot, but I've been in Canada for a little while now. What about you?" I asked. 
    "I'm from Korea. I came to study abroad." Minho smiled at me, sipping his own coffee. I tried to control a laugh when he set his cup down, revealing a dot of whipped cream on the tip of his nose. 
    "What?" Minho asked, his eyes twinkling as he looked at me quizzically. 
    "You have whipped cream on your nose." I said softly, smiling at him and gesturing to his nose. Minho gave me a surprised look, smiling. 
    "Really? Well, here." Minho dipped his finger into the whipped cream on his drink, reaching out and leaving a dot of cream on my nose. I squealed in surprise, giving him a shocked look. 
    "Now we match." Minho said, raising one eyebrow and giving me a smug smile. I laughed at him, wiping the cream off with my napkin. 
    "Stop that!" I said jokingly, smiling at him. He returned the genuine smile, his eyes narrowing to crescents, and I took another sip of my coffee. 
    "Tell me more about yourself." Minho said, leaning in and fixing me with a gently curious look. I obeyed, telling him about my life and answering questions for hours. Minho returned the favor, telling me about his life and Korea and his friends. 
    We stayed in that coffee shop for hours, just talking. When it was finally time to go, it had started to rain and I regretted not bringing my jacket this morning. Minho guided me to the overhang outside the shop, and I started to take off his jacket. 
    "No, you keep it. Come on, I'll walk you home." Minho said, smiling at me. I nodded, letting him run with me through the rain, his arm hovering over my shoulders as we slipped through the rain. 
    We finally arrived outside my front steps, water dripping from Minho's hair and curling it even more. We both laughed, panting and out of breath, and I leaned against my door tiredly. My clothes were soaked and Minho shook his head, spraying water everywhere. 
    "Thanks for coming with me." I smiled at him. Minho waved a hand dismissively, then held it out. 
    "No problem. Give me your phone." Minho said. I frowned quizzically, but placed my phone in his hand carefully. He opened it, tapping his phone number under my contacts. 
    "I know you don't give your number to strangers, but you can have mine." Minho smiled, winking at me and handing my phone back. "Call me if you need anything."
    "Thank you." I smiled at him, watching him wave and then turn and run back through the rain. Cutie pie. 

    The next day, I got to college early with two cups of coffee and Minho's jacket. I looked around for him in the library and various parts of the campus, disappointed when I couldn't find him. I sat down on a bench, sipping my coffee, and squealed when someone covered my eyes from behind. 
    "Guess who?" Minho's deep voice rumbled from behind me. I held out the second cup of coffee instead, Minho's hands leaving my eyes as he sat down next to me. 
    "Thanks." Minho smiled, sipping his coffee and accepting his jacket back. I checked my phone, gasping when I saw the time, and stood up. 
    "I have to go!" I said, smiling at Minho and walking away. He waved at me sweetly, and I felt my heart do yet another excited flip. 
    I just barely made it to the lecture, spending the entire time distracted either by thoughts of Minho or the stares of the boys from yesterday. When I was done, I closed up my laptop and went back to the library. 
    I looked around for Minho, unable to get his smile out of my head, then packed up and walked out disappointedly. Two voices stopped me, and I ducked back into the library, listening. 
    "I think she's in there again." Dammit, it was the boy from yesterday and his stupid friend. 
    "Just go in and ask again." His friend said back. 
    "I'm gonna get that 's number." I gasped in anger, stepping out from behind the wall, only to see Minho had beaten me to it. 
    Minho was standing in the middle of the hallway, holding the rude boy up by his collar, his feet dangling in the air. Minho shook him once, throwing him back down on the ground and leaning over him. 
    "What did you call her?" Minho hissed. The boy shook his head, pushing himself to his feet and shoving Minho. Minho shoved back, the boy winding up and punching Minho's face. 
    Minho doubled over, then lunged forward into the boy's middle. He threw the boy down, kicking his side, then turning when I walked out to them. 
    "Minho, stop it!" I said, knowing he could get suspended for fighting. Minho looked at me, letting me take his hand and lead him away. He had a bruise on his cheek and a cut on the bridge of his nose, touching his hand to it gently. 
    "You can't fight with him, no matter what he says." I scolded lightly, sitting him down on a bench outside and wiping the cut on his nose gently with a tissue. 
    "But he called you a—" Minho started sullenly, pouting at me. I cut him off, shaking my head. 
    "Just ignore him, and he'll stop." I said. Minho nodded, standing up and grabbing my hand. 
    "Come on." Minho said. I looked down at our hands and Minho followed my gaze, twining our fingers together in response. 
    "Where are we going?" I asked. Minho smiled at me, shaking his head. 
    "We're going to the movies." 

1 month later

    I smiled, sitting outside Minho's classroom waiting for him to finish. When he finally exited the room, he smiled and ran up to me, picking me up and twirling me around in a hug. I giggled, leaning forward to kiss his lips and he smiled into the kiss. 
    "I missed you." Minho rumbled in his deep voice. I smiled at him, letting him set me down gently and take my backpack. 
    "It's only been two hours." I said, laughing at him. 
    "Two hours too long." Minho said seriously, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me close as we walked together. 
    "Are we still on for dinner?" I asked, looking up at him, eyeing his strong jawline. 
    "Of course." Minho said, looking down at me and kissing me on the forehead. "Let's go." 

Unni, I know this one shot isn't the best, but I wrote it in like an hour of free time, and I hope it cheers you up a little. Please don't be sad, I'll write you a better sequel with Kris or Yongguk some time soon!
Saranghae~
—Sujin