Kris

Oneshots for Unni

    I walked inside the small bookstore on the corner, eager to get out of the rain. It had started pouring about 10 minutes ago, and I had frantically ducked inside. Now, I relaxed and enjoyed the wave of warmth that rolled through the shop. I hadn't noticed this place before, but it was charming as I looked around. Large armchairs with tables next to them were spread throughout the room, providing comfortable places to sit down.     
    I did exactly that, sighing as I stretched my head back and rolled my neck. The bookstore appeared to be empty, and I stood up slowly. 
    "Hello?" I called, walking through the shelves of books. I turned, plucking a book off the shelf and tripping over my own feet by accident. 
    "Ah!" I cried, falling back. I landed in someone's arms with a soft oomph, and froze dazedly. A warm, sweet scent curled around my nose and I looked up, straight into the amused eyes of the tall man who had caught me. 
    "I think you just fell for me." He smiled mischievously, his low voice purring one of the cheesiest lines I'd heard in a while. 
    "Sorry!" I squeaked, standing up quickly and brushing myself off. My cheeks were bright red in embarrassment, turning even redder when he laughed. His laugh was a low rumble in his chest, making me look down and scuff the toe of my shoe on the rug. 
    "Are you alright?" He asked, running his hand through his hair. I nodded softly, apologizing again, and he looked at me with a smile. 
    "I'm Kris." Kris said, holding his hand out to me. His hand enveloped mine, soft palm and calloused fingertips curling around me warmly. 
    "I'm Tika." I said, still mesmerized by his deep brown eyes. He was taller than six feet, with almond eyes and a pointed chin. His high cheekbones were slightly rounded at the top when he smiled, flashing dimples, and ran a hand through his spiky black hair. He crossed his arms, muscled biceps standing out through his navy-colored collarless sweater, and leaned back into the bookshelf. 
    "So, Tika." Kris said my name experimentally, drawing it out and rolling it around in his mouth. "Did you come to find a book, or to find a poor helpless man to fall onto?"
    "I came to get out of the rain." I said, my cheeks flushing at his teasing tone. Kris nodded, dropping his arms and tucking his thumbs into the back pockets of his jeans. 
    "Alright. Well, help yourself." Kris said, giving me another sweet smile and then walking back into the shelves. I nodded to myself, taking a deep breath, then selected a random book from the shelf. 
    I carried it over to one of the chairs, putting my feet up and opening the book gently. I soon relaxed, the gentle sound of the rain drumming on the roof mixing with soft music from hidden speakers. Before I knew it, I was sound asleep. 
    "Tika." A gentle hand on my shoulder roused me, and I groaned. 
    "Five more minutes!" I pleaded, rolling over. A rumbling laugh made me open my eyes, and I saw Kris standing over me with two steaming cups. 
    "Oh!" I jerked up, smoothing my hair down and clearing my throat. That was embarrassing. 
    "Here." Kris said, handing one cup to me. I breathed in the rich scent of hot chocolate, smiling at Kris gratefully. 
    "Thank you." I said, looking at him. He nodded, taking a seat next to me and offering me a tray of cookies. I took one, jumping in surprise when a lean black cat jumped up on my lap. Kris chuckled, reaching out to pet the cat's ears gently. 
    "Tao likes you." Kris pointed out, making me smile and pet the cat too. Tao purred, tuning around and curling up on my chest. 
    "He's cute." I said, munching my cookie slowly. Kris nodded, looking over at me, then putting his hand in his pocket nervously. 
    "What time is it?" I asked, looking around. Kris checked his watch, looking over at me regretfully. 
    "8. I need to close up." Kris said. I jumped up, setting Tao back down on the chair gently, and brushed the crumbs off my jacket.  
    "Sorry for staying so long!" I said, grabbing my purse and slinging it over my shoulder. Kris shook his head, guiding me to the door. 
    "Come back any time." Kris said, opening the door for me. "Here." 
    Kris dug around in his pocket and pulled out a scrap of paper. He gave it to me, smiling shyly as I took it. 
    "Call me." Kris smiled, turning around and vanishing back into the shop. I paused under the overhang for a moment, looking down at the paper and smiling like an idiot. 
    I finally started off through the rain, clutching the paper tightly and resolving to call Kris tomorrow. 

Sorry it's so short unni! I was busy today~
I hope you like the update!
Jongin is next <3
—Sujin