Are You Sure?

Are You Fighting?

Kwon Yuri folded her blanket, and pushed it to the opened bag in her bed after it was done neatly. After making sure that all was set, she then zipped the bag close, shouldered it, and slowly walked towards the door.

 

Before she reached the door's handle, however, something shattered on the floor caught her eye. Halting her steps, she gazed down to the pieces of broken mirror, the result of their earlier ruckus, and then stopped completely.

 

Sighing, she put down her bag and reached for a broom instead.

 

- : A : - Y - : F : -

 

"Define fighting," said Yoona after Taeyeon's question swam around her mind for five minutes long.

 

Taeyeon leaned back into the chair and frowned. "Whether I define it or not, it won't answer my question. Just... answer it, with yes or no."

 

Yoona looked at her interrogator, "And...?"

 

"What do you mean, 'and'?"

 

"If I say no, what will you do? And if I say yes, what can you do?" asked Yoona, eyes already glistening. Her words had pretty much answered the question, but she didn't care. There was no difference anyway. The girls glanced at each other, some nudged Taeyeon, who could only look at her with pity.

 

"Why? Why don't anyone answer me?" asked Yoona again.

 

"Look Yoong, we can..."

 

"No you can't!" snapped Yoona, as a single tear slid down her cheek. "None of you can! You don't even understand why we fight!"

 

"Then explain it to us," said Sooyoung, "so that we can understand and help."

 

Yoona bit down her lips to refrain her tears from bursting. She then felt a hand on her shoulder, and looked up to find Hyoyeon stared sadly at her.

 

"If it's hard for you to explain to all of us, you can explain to only me, or Tae, or Tiffany, or Sooyoung, or whoever else you prefer. If it's hard to explain now, you can go to one of us later. Now go get a rest, if your head is too full with feelings it's not good." Hyoyeon shrugged when Yoona looked at her weirdly, "Courtesy of Seohyun, of course. All wise words belong to her book, don't they?"

 

Yoona smiled a little, and nodded. A few seconds passed, then she rose from her chair and, a bit unsteadily, walked away from the scene.

 

Hyoyeon—or Seohyun—was right, she needed a rest, or her head and her heart would explode from all the tension. Yoona sighed deeply, letting her legs walked on its own, since her body had memorized the location of the room by heart. She closed her eyes briefly, and opened it again, only to saw something she didn't expect to see.

 

- : A : - Y - : F : -

 

Yuri closed the door and turned around, with a bag had been on her shoulder again, legs ready to walk away when she came face to face with the person she wanted to meet the least.

 

Yoona.

 

Both froze in their track, staring at each other, wth a meter of distance between them. Yuri noticed the slight trace of tear on the younger girl's cheek, while Yoona's gaze fell on the bag. Questions swam around their mind, as well as answers, but none of them moved until Yuri remembered why she stepped out from their room in the first place.

 

Squaring her shoulder, she started to walk past Yoona, eyes downcast.

 

But before she could walk further, a hand grabbed her wrist. Weakly. Yuri stopped, although the grab wasn't strong or firm—after all, that was all she needed to stop functioning these days; gentle nudges and small things. I've become too fragile, she thought. She then heard Yoona asked weakly,

 

"Where are you going?"

 

The next thing she knew, her wrist had already been released even before she opened . It was as if Yoona was giving the choice up to her, to answer or not.

 

"I'm going to swap with Sunny," answered Yuri in a low voice.

 

"Why?" was all Yoona could muster.

 

The older girl inhaled deeply. "Because... because we need to clear our head off, and of that, I'm sure you agree with me. So..." Yuri hitched a breath, and produced in a weak tone, "...goodbye."

 

Yoona closed her eyes, hands trembling in her side, as she heard Yuri's footsteps went away from her. She didn't dare to look back, afraid that the other girl didn't do the same, afraid that it was only her who didn't want things to go that way.

 

So the younger girl approached the door slowly, opened it, and went in to the room.

 

She closed the door right away and leaned her back on it, her gaze fell upon two joined beds in the center of the room. There was only one pillow left, out of two, and a pang greeted her heart... again.

 

Yoona slumped down and finally cried.

 

- : A : - Y - : F : -

 

Yuri slumped down after throwing her bag at Taeyeon's bed, and ignoring the presence of the confused Danshin Duo, she covered her face with her hands and didn't move again. Taeyeon and Sunny looked each other helplessly, but neither seemed to have a choice.

 

"So I need to move to—" Taeyeon gestured to the emo girl in front of her, "—their room?"

 

"That's what she said," replied Sunny in a low voice, eyes twitching.

 

Taeyeon dropped her hands. "But why?"

 

"Don't know. Why don't you try to ask Yoona, plus being there for her in the meantime?" suggested Sunny, and upon watching Taeyeon's frustrated face, she added with a grin,

 

"After all, isn't that what a leader do? Taking care of her members and such."

 

The poor leader could only nod absently, though after a few seconds she finally looked at Sunny with a look of determination.

 

"Then," said Taeyeon, "can I at least bring my dookongs?"