Are You Fighting?

Are You Fighting?

Yoona stared at the vacant chair, which had been left by its occupant seconds ago. Something weighed her heart, and she wasn't sure how—but there was a slight pang, and suddenly it was hard to inhale oxygen. It was fortunate that human's heart and lungs worked involuntarily or she would've been already dead because of forgetting to breathe.

 

"Yoona? Yoona? Yoong? Hello? IM YOONA!"

 

Yoona snapped from her daze, and figured out—finally—that all eyes were on her. She tried her best to muster a smile and sound as normal as possible when she answered,

 

"Yes?"

 

It was Hyoyeon who threw in a question, "Don't you hear what Seohyun asked to you five minutes ago?"

 

"Umm, no?" Yoona looked at Seohyun and raised her brows, "what is it?"

 

"Uh, mm, nothing. Actually, the unnies were the ones who wanted to ask."

 

Yoona's brows raised higher, and the girls glanced at each other. Silence passed for a full minute, signalling that no one wanted to be the interrogator—and thus, passing the role to Taeyeon in default. The poor leader rolled her eyes in a why-didn't-I-see-that-coming manner and cleared , gaining the others' attention.

 

"Well, it's an honour to get this chance, blah blah, thank you for those who endorsed me wholeheartedly, hope I can bring out as you expected, yada yada." Taeyeon shrugged, ignoring the sniggering and bored applause the others did. She looked at Yoona, and then said after a bit of thinking,

 

"...so what happened?"

 

"What happened where and when?"

 

The audience rolled their eyes, partly for Taeyeon's lame opening and partly for Yoona's answer. Taeyeon took a long sigh. Calm down Taeyeon, and ask again. She gave her most serious stare at the girl in front of her, and re-asked.

 

"I'll ask you again. What happened just now?"

 

"You sighed?"

 

"I mean before that!"

 

"You asked me what happened."

 

"Before that!"

 

"You were giving a speech I couldn't comprehend?"

 

Taeyeon frowned. "Are you going to do this now?"

 

Yoona raised her brows, again. "Do what?"

 

"You know what."

 

"What?"

 

Jessica made a strangled noise, and Hyoyeon bumped her head boredly at the table. Meanwhile, the others were glaring daggers at Taeyeon in a get-with-it-or-I-will-roast-you-asap manner. Taeyeon, thankfully, took the message right away. She cleared again.

 

"Fine. I will ask clearer now. Okay." The poor leader took a deep breath, "So, Yoona, why did she leave the table when Sooyoung asked one of you to move a bit?"

 

"She who?"

 

Taeyeon made a gesture at the direction Yuri went before. "She."

 

"Who?"

 

"You know who."

 

Yoona tilted her head, "Voldemort is a fictional character."

 

"I said she."

 

"But you said You Know Who."

 

"Yes but I wasn't referring to—"

 

"OH FOR GOD'S SAKE!" yelled Sooyoung, throwing both arms up in the air. "You guys are making me frustrated!"

 

"Bored me to death," added Sunny in a mumble.

 

"Almost make me sleep," said Jessica, stifling a yawn at the end of the sentence.

 

"Too much beating around the bush," finished Hyoyeon with a snort.

 

Taeyeon puffed her cheeks. "Fine, let's get to the point." Although that's what I'm trying to do all these while. She glared at the interrogated girl. "Come on. We only want to know if there's something happened between you and Yuri."

 

"Me?" Yoona asked back, innocently, but Taeyeon had enough of that already.

 

"Yeah, you," she pointed to her, "and that Kwon," she pointed to the direction where Yuri went, "what's wrong with you two? I won't buy 'nothing' even if you said it with Sunny's aegyo. You two have been avoiding each other too much for these past two weeks." Taeyeon finished her question with a huff, as if to state there, I said it.

 

"You know us," answered Yoona simply. When no one responded, she tried to elaborate further, "we annoy each other often, like you always see, just give it a break and... we will make up someday?" finished Yoona, unaware of her uncertain tone at the end.

 

The others, however, noticed that.

 

"Yoong," said Taeyeon softly, "do you think we would in if it's only you and Yuri being you and Yuri?"

 

"We usually enjoy your bickering, it's amusing," added Sunny.

 

"You two suddenly become very creative when you're arguing with each other," said Hyoyeon, and everyone nodded in agreement.

 

"This time, however, is different. You guys have gone past bickering and arguing phase."

 

This time Jessica interfered, "What do you mean, 'have gone past'?"

 

Taeyeon looked at the interrogated girl, who was looking back at her with an unreadable expression. "I kind of witnessed them throwing things a week ago," said Taeyeon finally. Seohyun and Tiffany gasped, while Hyoyeon covered Seohyun's eyes with her hand (and got scolded by Sooyoung because it's not a movie, so she changed to cover Seohyun's ears instead).

 

"Throwing things isn't amusing when the things you threw is, for example, a mirror."

 

"When you guys tried not to cross each other's path, it's getting weirder."

 

"It's like you don't even want the other's presence."

 

"And that's exactly what's wrong."

 

"That's exactly where you two have been out of character. You two aren't being yourselves. Hence why the interrogation," finished Taeyeon.

 

Yoona shifted her eyes to the floor, and then to the table, and then to the ceiling, and then everywhere but the girls. Seconds passed without an answer, and Taeyeon sighed. She moved her chair a little bit forward, only so that she could lean towards Yoona and ask in a low voice,

 

"Just tell me, Yoong, are you guys fighting?"