Going

Friends Forever Right?

"Come on, I'm taking you home,” Chan grabbed onto my arm tightly.

“I’m not going home,” I planted my feet to the ground.

Chan turned back to face me, his hand still wrapped around my arm, “Your mom’s worried about you, it’s best if you go home and I’m going to be the one taking you home even if you don’t want to,” his gaze was serious.

“If you know what’s best for me then you wouldn’t take me home, besides you know more than anyone else that she wouldn’t be worried about me,” my anger was rising and I could feel it.

His hand got tighter with each passing second, his breathing was starting to get to a slower pace.

“I believe she wanted to go to a friend’s,” Karry put his hand on top of Chan’s arm as if he was trying to get Chan to release his grip on me.

Chan’s gaze flickered over to Karry before returning back to me.

“I’ll be taking her to her friend’s,” Karry yanked Chan’s hand away.

“And you are?” Chan snarled.

“I’m in your class and I’m also Heejin’s friend,” Karry slung his arm around my shoulder, “And we’ll be going now,” he eye smiled taking us into the crowds of the station.

“I can get to Mark’s on my own,” I said once we got out of the station.

“Mark?”

I nodded.

"I have to make sure you safely get there then," he smiled.

I shook my head, "I've gotten there many times before I can get there myself,” I turned and left him there slowly making my way to Mark’s due to the chilly breeze that came by.

I cupped my hands over my mouth and nose and blew into them to keep my nose from turning red due to the cold.

A chuckle came from behind me before someone blocked my path from going any further.

“You’re cold,” Karry took my hands away from my face before removing his scarf from his neck and wrapping it around my own, his smile appeared just as he finished wrapping the scarf around my neck, “grey suits you,” he held on one end of the scarf while cupping my face with his other hand, “it contrasts to your skin tone but doesn’t draw too much attention instead it makes others pay attention to your breathtaking beauty,” he unconsciously drew circles with his thumb on my cheek.

I held onto his hand that was on my cheek and removed it from my face a bit.

Realization struck him, his smile dropped a bit, eyes widening, he dropped his other hand and straightened his posture a bit.

I let go of his hand, it limply fell back to his side.

I trailed my eyes away from him and continued my way to Mark’s, after a few moments Karry followed me just one step behind. We reached the right building soon, and stood in the elevator in silence looking at each other’s reflection while we waited when our eyes accidentally met we would both look away at the same time. At what seemed like hours the elevator finally came to a stop at the fifth floor. I exited first and stopped near the end of the hallway, after knocking we waited for someone to open the door. After a few moments the door opened revealing Taeyong.

“Is Mark here yet?” I looked up at him.

“He’s at the practice room,” Taeyong looked over at Karry who was glaring at him.

The elevator dinged and Mark came out of it. His hair was pulled back by his hat and his jacket was opened.

“I’ll leave now,” Karry grabbed my hand squeezing it a bit and headed for the elevator.

“Heejin,” Mark called.

I weakly smiled.

“Come on you can come in,” Taeyong opened the door wider and made space so that we could enter. We took off our shoes at the front and proceeded.

“Stay here, I’ll be back,” Mark went into his room, before coming out with a change of clothes and a towel heading to the bathroom. The water soon started. I sat on the couch in silence.

“You want anything to drink Heejin?” Taeyong turned around to me from the fridge.

I shook my head.

“You know where everything is if you need it,” he took out a bottle of orange juice and headed to his room.

I set my stuff down on the ground and laid down on the comfy couch shutting my eyes to block away the light and to clear away my mind. I ended up dozing off while waiting for Mark.

A weight pushed the couch and part of my body down. I slowly opened my eyes to see Mark staring down at me, a towel wrapped around his neck.

“You’re awake?” he came closer to inspect my face, gently placing his hand on the side of my face his thumb slid over the space just under my eyes.

I carefully sat up putting my hand over his, taking his hand off my face I nodded.

“You came here early.”

I nodded not looking at him, my hand still in his.

He took his hand out of mine and grabbed my hand again, “Come on,” he stood up and tugged on my hand cracking a smile. “Hyungs!” he shouted.

“Ay,” Yuta shouted from his room before a loud thump was heard and he, Johnny, Jaehyun, Ten, and Taeyong came out.

I stood up and straightened my shirt with my free hand.

“Don’t forget about us,” Jisung came out of his room with Donghyuk, Jaemin and Jeno following.

“Let’s go!” Johnny shouted as he led the way out.

“Where are we going?” I casted a look over to Mark.

He squeezed my hand while following the others, “Don’t worry about it.”

We all stood at the back of the bus trying our best to take up the least space as possible so that other passengers could get on and off the bus without trouble. The sun had set and soon the passengers lessened, we all took a seat tired from all the standing.

“Yah wake up,” Johnny flicked Taeyong’s forehead that fell onto his shoulder. Taeyong woke up with a start rapidly blinking.

“What time is it?” Taeyong asked.

“Just a bit past ten,” Johnny answered. He then pressed the button to get off the bus at the next stop. As the bus neared the stop I looked out the window to be greeted by the darkness making everything a silhouette, tiny specks of light lit the distance.

“We’re getting off,” Johnny stood up first and waited for the bus to come to a slow stop.

Once outside I stretched my legs, “Where are we?” I asked looking around the darkness.

“Wooo!” Ten shouted.

“Last one to the sea’s a butthead!” Donghyuk yelled before taking off in a sprint.

“The sea?” I squinted my eyes and listened closer to the waves on the shore making the air salty. My eyes widened at the sight in front of me.

Beside me Mark chuckled before pulling me along to the shore. He grinned as he splashed the cold water on to me.

I squealed, trying to run away. Mark was faster than me even with the tides making it more difficult to move around, he wrapped his arms around my waist and ed me into the water.

I came back up freezing and mad, “Yah!” I shouted at a laughing Mark before chasing after him. Just as I managed to push him into the water he grabbed onto my wrist dragging me with him. The water engulfed us, the air was knocked out of me and water entered my lungs. I tried my best to get the water out but I the more I tried the more water I swallowed. More water entered my lungs as I struggled to breathe. Mark’s body pressed against me and we soon resurfaced. I was sitting on top of him, coughing out water trying to regain my breath.

“Heejin,” he started shaking my shoulders.

“I’m fine,” I coughed a bit more.

“How could you go to the beach without food and blankets?” Seulgi shouted near the shore.

“We bought marshmallows!” Joy shouted bouncing on the balls of her feet.

“Noona I’m hungry,” Jeno whined in the distance.

“I give up with this fire,” Irene kicked a pile of logs and walked off into the water.

A wet Yuta squatted down and started rubbing two sticks together.

We stood up and made our way back to the shore near the others.

“Take those off,” Wendy scrunched her nose at our soaked jackets, “we didn’t bring much so you’ll have to share,” she handed us a large blanket. We did as she said and handed her our jackets before draping ourselves with the blanket, the blanket was large but our shoulders and arms touched and the farther we scooted away the more the wind would blow on us. We sat on top of a smaller blanket watching Yuta try starting the fire.

“Hurry up with the fire I want to roast the marshmallows!” Joy whined.

“I’m trying,” Yuta replied.

“Look! I found a small crab!” Lami grinned holding out a tiny creature between her thumb and index finger.

I hugged my knees to my chest and pulled the blanket closer.

“You’re cold?” Mark turned to me. I slightly nodded. He scooted closer and put his hand on both of my arms rubbing them up and down, “Better?” I nodded leaning my head on his shoulder as we waited for Yuta to start the fire.

“Move!” Joy shoved Yuta away from the pile of logs, landing on his . She took two sticks rubbing them together near the center of the pile, starting a fire in just merely seconds, “I got it!” she cheered. Yuta and Irene turned to the fire that was burning fiercely, stunned.

“Yay!” Lami clapped at the sight.