내 스타일 (Chenris)

Girl!EXO stories

Shy (내 스타일 아니야)

 

 

Yifan is too shy to fall in love.

// female!Jongdae/female!Yifan

// 2 k of fluffy school romance. R (or maybe just PG-13)

 

Yifan//Yifan, Yixing//Yixin, Joonmyun//Jumi, Kyungsoo//Sookyung, Baekhyun//Hyunbin

Jongin//Jongae, Jongdae//Chen, Zitao//Tao, Sehun//Sehyun, Chanyeol//Chanmi, Lu Han//Ms Lu Han, Minseok//Ms Kim Minseo

 

 

“I'm not shy!” Yifan splutters. She hates how her friends realised that she's not scary. Because they have found out she's silly and a way too easy target. She hides her face in her arms, wishing they'd let her be. Kyungsu, sitting next to her, only hits her back, hard, like she always does.

“Sweetie, you don't even have a job because you're too embarrassed to speak to strangers.” Jumi laughs as she pats her hair. Yixin subtly takes Kyungsu's hand so she won't hit the poor tomato.

“I was the coolest in school until you came,” Yifan mutters.

“Cutie, there's a difference between people thinking that you're cool and actually being cool,” Hyunbin laughs, ruffling Yifan's raven black hair as she takes the seat next to her. Hyunbin let her fingers linger at the fake sideburn dutch-french braids before nodding off a “cool”. Yifan simply hides her pink cheeks for the rest of the lunch.

 

“Yifan.” Their homeroom teacher, miss Lu calls as the class ends. Yifan rushes over to her. “There's a new transfer student, I was hoping you'd show her around.”

“B– but, but, Jumi usually…”

“Yes, but I think you would be a better match. She's Chinese.” Yifan opens to talk her way out of it, but she's cut off like always. “Come to my office at four.” Yifan stands there gaping at miss Lu, the cruel and strict, cunning, way too smart and amazing science and language teacher (like it wasn't enough being good at one of them, no). She stands there until Yixin comes back to collect her, poking her cheeks yntil she reacts.

 

Yifan might look rebellious, but she works hard enough to stay in the top ten percent of every subject and does as she's told no matter how scared or uncomfortable she is. So even though she's dragging her feet and dreading to knock on the door. She has strange phobias, yes, she fears Jongae most of all because she keeps pushing her to overcome them, but she believes that doors are closed for reasons and that she doesn't have the rights to ask for them to open. They are probably closed for really good reasons (Jongae's reasoning of 'doors are not walls' isn't valid, Yifan is glad she's finally dating Sookyung so she's busy). She can't deny she's terrified of meeting a new person either, no matter how much she'd like to. And the more scared she gets, the more scary she looks. She might not be at the screaming deeply and loudly stage, that's for emergency escapes, but she's scared she might scare the new student away, and by the time she has had the time to work up the courage to knock, she looks even more like a diligent. Luckily, or unfortunately – Yifan isn't sure, miss Lu knows her well enough to open the door as the clock reaches the number four.

 

“Come in,” miss Lu usheres. Yifan slowly walks in, seeing the back of a small, petite girl. The girl gets up from the chair, and bows shortly. She has her hair in two braided ponytails, and Yifan can't help but think she looks like a very feline doll.

“Yifan, this is Chen. Chen, Yifan.” Miss Lu introduces quickly. “Now, off you go,” she says as she smacks Yifan's with one of her textbooks, almost making Yifan jump up in the air.

 

The tour is rather quiet, Chen teases her from time to time, but seems to drop it as Yifan keeps her stone face on. Yifan only speaks when they reach a destination, and her deep voice drops lower.

 

 

The next day, Yifan brings Chen to their table at the cafeteria. She might be shy and awful, but she still feels the responsibility. Chen hit it off with her friends so fast, Yifan has a hard time keeping up. She has never seen Hyunbin so loud, and she didn't think it was possible either.

“You're Korean is good!” One of them suddenly announces. Chen doubles over with laughter and Yifan freezes as Chen grabs her thigh in support.

“I'm Korean!” Chen laughs. Their eyes double size. “Well, my mother is. I moved back here with her.” Yifan can feel something linger in her words. She wonders if Chen also know how it's like. But she shakes to the thought off. She's too happy, too cheery.

 

“Yifan,” Chen grabs Yifan's sleeve as the taller is getting up to leave. “Do you think you could,” Chen looks down for a second, “maybe show me around the neighborhood?” Yifan looks at her as she drops Yifan sleeve and withdraws her hand. She seems to be ready to say something along the lines of 'forget it', but Yifan speaks first.

“Sure… Of course.” Yifan sends her an awkward smile. “Sure,” Yifan repeats with fake confidence. “I don't think I'm a good person to ask, but sure.” Yifan sets her satchel back down on her desk, waiting for Chen to get ready. Chen smiles at her from ear to ear before clumsily trying to collect her stuff as fast as possible. In the process, her pencil drops to the ground. Both of them bends down and their heads crash. Chen whimpers as she falls onto her and touches her forehead.Yifan picks up the pencil and hands it to her.

“Thanks, I'm sorry…”

“It's okay, don't stress it.” Yifan smiles back at her. Yifan helps her up and stares at how pretty her looks even covered in dust. She's about to wipe it away for her but figures it's a little too intimate gesture for strangers.

“Umm, you got some…” Chen looks up at her. “Dust on your…” Yifan gestures to her .

“Oh, thanks.” Chen blushes as she tries to wipe it off. “Is it good now?”

“Umm, there's still some…” Yifan says as she moves over and gives Chen a look, as if asking for permission, before taking her handkerchief and doing her best to get the dust off. When the worst of it is off, Yifan coughs to hide her embarrassment and turns back to her satchel, afraid her cheek might have been tinted a bit pink.

“Okay, I'm ready, should we go?” Yifan can hear the smile in her voice as she turns her head just a bit to look in her direction.

“Yeah, yeah sure let's go.” Yifan says.

 

“Didn't miss Lu know that you were fluent in Korean?” Yifan asks, breaking the silence as they walk.

“No, she knew. It stood there in my file, and she talked to me in Korean and everything.”

“Then why… Why would she get me to show you around? Not Jumi…” Yifan mumbles.

“Well, she read my file, right? I think… Miss Lu thought I might like to… I don't know, get to know someone who isn't one hundred percent Korean, and who understands how it's like to not be sure of what you are, what to call yourself?” Chen thinks out loud, before looking at Yifan with big eyes and grabbing her arm. “I'm not saying that you– or anything, but it might be easier to understand and–”

“Don't worry, I understand.” Yifan sends her a relaxed smile. “Where do you live by the way?” Chen looks up at her confused. Her hand still clutched onto Yifan's arm.

“Why…?” Chen asks and smiles as she watches how quickly Yifan's face colours.

“That's… That's because I was… I want to… this… I need to know in order to show you the best places!” Yifan stutters and Chen leans onto her, doubling over in laughter.

“You're so cute!”

“I'm not cute! I'm scary! And detached! And cool and everything!” Which only makes Chen laugh even more.

“Sure, you do look the part, but…” Chen simply laughs.

“What? You!” Yifan sends her a scary look which only makes Chen laugh harder. “Ah, we're here. This place has the best jajangmyun.” Yifan smiles.

“Oh, let's go in! I want to try it!” Yifan nods and lets Chen pull her into the restaurant. “It's been ages since I've had jajangmyun!” Chen chirps happily as they order. “How about only getting one serving, so that we can share? I want to try out the other places you have in mind as well!”

“Hey, we can try them out tomorrow and the day after that and after that, you don't have to rush it!” Yifan laughs, before she sees the cocky grin on Chen's face and pales.

“Uuuu,” Chen cooes, “are you asking me out?” Chen says in Chinese, wiggles her eyebrows teasingly.

“N– no, that's not what I–” Yifan stutters.

“Shut up and just say yes, handsomely.” Chen smiles and picks up a pair of chopsticks, biting down on them and avoiding further eye contact as she flips through the meny.

“Then, should we get two servings of jajangmyun? Or maybe one to share and something else?” Chen switches to Korean, letting the auntie understand their conversation too.

“Hmm, is there anything special you'd like?” Yifan questions, in Korean as well.

“Let's see…” Chen mumbles. “I don't really know,” she says as she turns to look at Yifan with a shy smile, timidly biting down on the chopsticks in .

“Then we will have two servings of jajangmyun please.” Yifan orders, handsomely.

 

 

The next day, Hyunbin walks over and teases Yifan about Chen.

“But– How did you even know–?” Yifan stops as she realises who she's talking to. The loud, over-friendly gossip girl. Yifan cusses under her breath. “It's not like that, Hyunbin! That's not my style!” Yifan tries to reason, but Hyunbin laughs her off.

“Last time you said that something wasn't your style you ended up stuffing your face with. Oh my! You want to stuff your face with the new student! Oh my god, you're so ! You nasty–” Hyunbin goes on until she suddenly stops and sneaks away with teasing glances and Chen sits down beside her, sending her a questioning look.

“I don't even know. I guess it's just Hyunbin being Hyunbin.” Yifan dismisses. Before Chen gets to say anything else the math and physics teacher, miss Kim Minseo steps into the classroom.

 

Yifan always thought there was something between miss Lu and miss Kim, something like an amazing friendship, but she didn't realise that it was like this. She quickly blocks the door and grabs Chen's ear, guiding her away from miss Lu's office, away from the office where miss Lu has her hands under their physics teacher's skirt. Chen splutters by the sudden action and flashes as she catches a sight of it.

“Oh,” she says quietly and let Yifan guide her away.

 

 

Their first kiss is so unexpected (for Yifan only) that Chen ends up escaping before Yifan can even react, and Yifan can't help but think how similar she is to her first cat. Chen avoids her like the plague after that. When Yifan finally manages to corner her Chen's so surprised she actually jumps. Yifan can't shake the thought of Chen having cat ears out of her head.

“You're like a cat,” Yifan mumbles, Chen looks if something, only more confused.

“Cat?” Chen repeats.

“Chen, I… I never got the chance to–” Chen cuts her off by loudly singing some children's song Yifan doesn't think she's heard before about some clouds far away. “Chen!” Yifan grabs her hand, forcing her to look at her. “There's nobody at your place right?”

“That's… right,” Chen replies varily.

“Then let's go,” Yifan says before grabbing their stuff and pulling Chen out of the classroom.

 

Yifan doesn't let go of Chen's hand before she has slipped inside Chen's apartment, knowing that the other would have made a run if she hadn't.

“Chen,” Yifan begins but Chen skitters away. Yifan sighs. She's not an outgoing person, and Chen is making it really hard for her right now. Yifan follows Chen and slips into the bathroom with her before Chen has the time to lock the door. Chen squeeks and Yifan can't help but find her endearing.

“Chen, you never gave me the chance to kiss you back.” Yifan says as she grabs the smaller girl and pulls them together. She knows she should be using more serious words and all that, but she doesn't want to rush, and she's not … open enough to utter such words either. Yifan looks deeply into Chen's eyes, their breath hitting, before closing the distance and pressing a small peck to Chen's lips. She pulls back an inch again, giving Chen a possibility to fly, before kissing her, slowly opening over the other's lips. She wraps her lips over and around Chen, catching her gasps and small whimpers, until she finally feels Chen kiss back, and releases a relieved breath she didn't know she was holding, making Chen hit her shoulder playfully. She's so glad she finally caught her shy kitten, she missed her a lot. Yifan scratches Chen's hair just where she imagines her ears to be, and almost sees them flicker at the action. Laughing, she bends back down and captures her lips, working her tongue in this time.

 

 

“Yifan,” Chen whines as she pulls her sleeve.

“Chen I'm not kissing you in the school toilets.” Yifan laughs with a fake stern look on her face. Chen stomps her feet whining.

“Aaah, why!” She almost sings the word.

“It's not my style.” She replies cockily before slipping out of the stall. But then Chen comes after her, slamming her into the wall and smirking. As she grabs the neckline of Yifan's shirt and pulls her down, Yifan knows she never had anything to say, and lets Chen steal her lips.

“Hyunbin said that you said that I wasn't your style either, but look now. You eat me more than chicken.” Chen releases Yifan's shirt and turns around with a sassy swing of her pretty . Yifan smiles as she walks after her. Public bathroom kissing might not be hygienic or romantic, but she can live with it (happily and embarrassedly).

 

“Yifan, did you get a cat?” Hyunbin asks as they get back to the classroom, Yifan's satchel in her hands and Yifan simply hums 'yeah' and Hyunbin gives her a look. Jumi looks up from her books and asks,

“Yifan, what happened to wanting to get a dog?”

“Nah, it's not my style,” Hyunbin pretends to gag and Chen walks in kicking Yifan in the shin.

“Did I tell you to stop using that awful line or not?” She huffs.

 

 

// I really like female!EXO too much, so much that I could probably make this into a long thing, but … I don't think I got the patience.