Third Coincidence

Spontaneity

She knows that whenever she goes it would be impossible not to attract attention, but right at this moment she is grateful on the shelter the small shade has to offer for this rainy night. It’s late and she likes the feeling of being alone; free of schedules, fans, practices and shows, even if it is just temporary, brief and rare.

The beat of the rain on the roof is music for her ears that it is soothing that she soon reached for the raindrops, loving the feel of the cold water on her hand as she closes her eyes.

The sound of the running footsteps came to a halt near her made her flutter her eyes open. There he is again, shaking the rain off his jacket. When he turns and recognizes her, he smiled, “I hope you don’t mind.”

She shook her head and reaches for her handkerchief to wipe her wet hand. She forgot her jacket but she is thankful of her long sleeved sweatshirt.

She was startled when she felt a warm cloth being draped on her shoulders. She turned her head and the proximity made her bow her head as she turns away.

“You should not forget to bring your jacket. The rain nowadays is tricky; you never know when it comes,” he said and stepped back after securing the jacket on her.

“Won’t you get cold?” she asked, hesitant to pull the jacket towards her.

“I have layers of shirt underneath,” he smiled.

They stayed there till the rain subsides. A familiar white car stopped on the crossing a few meters from them. “I’ll go ahead, there goes my savior. Would you be fine in here?” he asked, looking hesitant.

“Mine will be arriving a few minutes later and I will be fine,” she smiled.

“Sure?” he asked again, taking hesitant steps away from her.

“Go on! I will be fine oppa,” she assured as he gave her a final look then waved a hesitant one before jogging on his way to the said car.

When it was already out of sight, his cologne that emanates from the jacket filled her senses, enveloping her with a warm feeling.

A lovely smile crossed her face as she recalls that hesitant look from him as he goes on his way to their car. For some unknown reason, her cheeks warmed up, a tingling feeling crawls up to his heart as she he recalls his face a while ago.

‘Does he cares for me?’ she thought.

Her cheeks were pink again as she tries to think he does care for her.