1/1

But
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Autumn, 2008.

 

All he remembered just that it was autumn,  where the leaves flown by strong wind and gathered all the way  to that rocky footpath in Anyangcheon Park.  At that time, the both of them seemed to know that it will be the end for them.

“Kris?” She tried to look at his eyes but regretted it immediately as all she got was just confuse and hesitance eyes.

Kris felt like there’s a lump in his throat. He didn’t know what to do. His mind went blank all of sudden. He wanted to talk, to figure out things for the both of them, but his tongue felt numb. He closed his eyes for a brief seconds, then looked at her with a sad smile.

“I love you..” Kris said while grabbing her hand, enveloping it with his two cold hands.

And although he said that words with such sincerity, she knew it all along that it will not work out between them, the idea of being distanced by each other.

So she smiled back, as Kris continued his sentence.

“…but, you know it will be really hard, right? We wouldn’t be able to meet for weeks, months even.  It’s our senior year and I’m afraid that i wouldn’t be able to visit you in Japan.” Kris sighed again, not ready for the words he would tell her the seconds after.

“I’m.. I’m afraid that it will break us apart. How do we go through all of that?”

Kris sighed loudly as he rubbed his temple and sat down at one of the benches.

“I- I don’t think I can do this..”

As she heard his words, she walked to him and rubbed his hair, causing Kris to look up to her face, and found her smile.

“That’s why I’m letting you go.. It will be okay for the two of us, right?”

 

It was okay for her, since she’s managed her feelings that left behind in Seoul and flew to Japan with a new determination with her family. She knew she will be okay.

But Kris, is not okay at all.

It took months for him to spent his life without her.

And for the first time in his life, he admitted that he was a coward.

 

 

 

 

Summer, 2014.

           

Kris and Haeri are sitting comfortably in the sand as they watch some kids splashing water at each other, running around the seaside, and collecting shells on their cute little bucket. It’s almost the end of the summer and since Kris was so busy with the new branch of his company, they just got the opportunity to fulfill their little summer trip today. But the air between them seems get thicker and thicker after Haeri told Kris about her internship request in Vogue New York for a year that just got accepted. She’s beyond happy to hear the news since working at the fashion magazine is always her biggest dream ever since her teenage days.

But it’s also means distance for them. And everyone knows how hard the long distance relationship is. Haeri’s afraid, afraid that their 3 years relationship will tear apart once she stepped her foots into the plane to New York.

Haeri sigh and rest her head into Kris’s broad shoulder. Kris places his right cheek on top of her head and kiss her hair briefly.

“What should we do, Kris? Should i just reject it?”

Kris clo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter