3. would you like a piece of the moon?

mom said you're so bad

 

 

 

"That looks like...dude."

"Shh."

Bambam literally throws his upper body on the papers he's been writing his not-notes on. He tries to glare at Rome, but quits it a second later because he's getting laughed at and the other is certainly not caring about his fearsome look. He'll have to ask Maru why he thought about bringing his ridiculous boyfriend in class.

It's true, guys. What they say about stories or people resulting completely different if you were present when they happened or, once you met those people in person.

Maru portrayed Rome as a charismatic guy with big ambitions and with a very cool attitude, but he never mentioned that he's also a weird freak who knows nothing about secrecy, and thus whispering when the teacher is holding a lecture about Bambam doesn't know what, and Bambam is trying to come up with a way to make his first move on Jackson.

Since, well, he's understood (and he's been told by Jackson's friends) that if he wants their relationship to develop he's got to step on the dangerous zone first. 

"Bringing someone's flowers is so old fashioned." Rome comments. With his normal tone of voice. This guy is an idiot. God. He could be part of Bambam's cyrcle of friends. It's sad how everyday it's just a confirmation that he's surrounded by stupidity. "Not even the old man of my old man would bring flowers to my grannie if he was still alive."

Bambam scoffs. His grandpa totally buys roses everyday. Still, he keeps his mouth shut, because he's not going to say that and indirectly confirms that, indeed, he's old. hell, he's not. He was so going to erase that part -- yes, so going to. 

"Just be quiet. You're disturbing everyone." Actually, no one is giving a rat's about them. Not even Maru who's diligently listening, nodding, and then scribbling down his notebook.

Rome has the nerve to sigh at him. "Let me help you with that." He says, waving in Bambam's direction.

"What? No, thanks." Bambam spits out, at the same he straightens his spine. He collects all of his stuff -- carefully remembering to slide the precious paper in a book -- and then, he moves on the vacant seat next to his. 

But of course, because his life is a joke, Rome does not wait one second to take his chair. Nice. Great. 

Bambam grunts. "Why don't you study for your exam?"

Rome just hums. There's a small moment when he gives this little evil smile at Bambam before he opens his mouth,

"so, Jackson, right?"

"No." Bambam says flatly. He feels the muscles of his back tightening. Without adding anything else, he turns his head to the blackboard.

"Seriously, dude, you wanted to give flowers to a dude." He hears the other tell viciously.

Bambam mentally awards himself with a compliment on how good he's been for restraining himself from not saying anything to Rome. What a douche. So yes, he could agree about flowers being a bad idea, but only because they would be for Jackson. There is nothing wrong with buying them for guys too, though. What the hell. He would be extra happy to receive a bouquet. Thinking about it, he doesn't comprehend why Rome is so opposed to it, since Maru is a romantic guy and he'd love them.

"Forget about those, please. Delete data if that was your conclusion." Rome adds. "You want to find something else." .

"Hey," Bambam calls, eyes still not looking at the other. He tries to keep his voice at a whispering level despite the frustration and the building feeling of wanting to stab Rome's hand with a pencil. "That is none of your business."

Somehow, he expects to hear nothing in return. If he was told a phrase like that, Bambam would have shut up.

However, Rome seems unperturbed by the hostility. "Have you seen Wang?" He asks, and, okay, Bambam wanted to be civil and all, but one word that he does not like about Jackson and it's game over. Game ing over. "He posts tattoos about devils and big dudes with helmets, and a lot of sports." He says, proving not to be a big of a jerk like Bambam thought he was.

It's the verb rather than the content that captures Bambam's attention. He carefully rotates his head back to a staring Rome. "Posts?" He parrots.

Rome is watching him weirdly now. "Yeah?" He says. "On Facebook." And then, as Bambam remains silent, he continues, "Facebook is a social network -- "

Bambam frowns. He shakes his head. Then, ducking on the table, he leans on his right, and for once he's pleased with Rome because the other does the same. "I did not know Jackson had Facebook." He admits. 

"Well, why? Who doesn't?" Rome has got a point. "I wanted a tattoo last year. Something full of blood and scary, really gorish -- which Maru convinced me not to get... But, the story is I couldn't come up with anything, I looked everywhere, but the ones I saw were lame or overused, so I added Wang and I asked him some info. Dude knew a good place with an artist who especially makes horror weirdness." He narrates, unconsciously doing Bambam a favor by telling him what he would have asked next.

"Wang is kind of mute, you know. He does not talk unless you ask him something, but he's okay. Actually, he was nice enough to borrow a copy of the catalogue with all the designs, so I could look for what I wanted." And that is something Bambam already knows. He keeps silent, though, preferring to absorb the short explanation.

For an instant he has the most extravagant thought ever.

Which is to text Jackson about it.

Fortunately, he comes to his senses.

It would be indeed weird for him to ask Jackson why he never told him he had Facebook.

Jesus. Why is Bambam like this? He's got issues. Maybe it's the lack of sleep that is making him think weird stuff. He definitely has to go to bed sooner tonight.

"I'm telling you he shares about these muscled dudes, and about diets." Rome repeats, hitting the table with his finger to confirm his statement. "You can't give him super gay stuff. He's gay, but not that kind of gay, you hear me?"

Bambam is too busy to reply.

-

So Jackson has Facebook.

Bambam's been clicking back and forth on the link to his profile.

The settings are mostly private -- actually they are almost all private except for logos that he doesn't recognise, and an old high school picture of Jackson with a bunch of friends that Bambam has already screenshotted (what? what. This is Facebook, babe, unless you don't want someone take your stuff -- someone who's not a creeper at all because Bambam is not, absolutely not --you don't post them, or better you simply don't sign up on a social media), and is now sitting secretly in his pictures gallery.

Being it a private profile, Bambam can't snoop further unless he adds Jackson as a friend, and there comes the problem. He has been staring at the "friend request" for half the lunch break, still not knowing if he should just tap on the screen and send it now, or wait until he's at home.

It's stupid, he knows, why is he making such a big deal about it? What he's certain of is that if he sends it right now he won't have anything done later at work because he'll be checking if Jackson has accepted every now and then. If he waits until tonight, though, he'll spend the day thinking about that moment and agonising further.

Thus equally having nothing done.

He'll be losing either way. He himself cannot tell what is the hesitation for.

"So?" Yugyeom inquires. He has his own phone in his hands too, typing maniacally to his girl, so Bambam's not entirely sure he's been listening to him voicing out his internal conflict. 

"I don't know." Bambam responds anyway.

The hilarious side of all this, is that Bambam doesn't even like Facebook. Or any other crap like it. He doesn't have an Instagram because he doesn't travel much 'cause money problem, honey. Doesn't have Twitter because celebrities won't ever reply to him anyway, doesn't have Tumblr because he's not that crazy, nor he's that erted, nor he's that depressed that he wants to share a stupid nonsense line written by a thirteen year old girl who thinks she's the next Oscar Wilde. 

The only applications that he uses frequently are Skype for his family, Words for the sole reason that Maru sends him notes in that format sometimes instead of lending him his notebook, and Candy Crush for endless Hygiene classes.

All the others are still in his phone for the future. As in, he once thought about deleting them, but what if he he'd need them later? He made the right choice back then. Yes, it's true that you can always re-download the same applications everytime you want, but Bambam has real fast internet only at home. And honestly? Ain't nobody got time to install over and over again, damn no.

Bambam's opened the Fb app more times today than he's had in his life since he'd put it on his cellphone. It usually gets not ignored only when his family mentions a birthday party that he couldn't attend for obvious reasons, and when Bambam misses them. Or during festivities.

Or, when Jinyoung and the twins tell him to like their pictures and posts. Because when you're Facebook famous, and you get 400 likes in an hour, one like can make the difference, right?

He eyes the green squarebox some more, and then, against his will, he finally logs out. He puts the device down and even locks the screen, choosing to eat something instead.

There are another two classes and serving awaiting him. He's go to assume some calories or he won't be able to see the end of this day what from everything that he has to do -- Victoria will work their off since they slacked yesterday -- and all the stress because of Jackson and his stupid private account. Jesus.

"No," Yugyeom mutters randomly, fingers hitting the screen. He reaches for his drink with one hand, takes a sip, puts it away without taking his eyes off his phone. Meanwhile, Bambam tries to finish his meal quickly so he can have five minutes or more left before he has to attend Science. 

He's trying to think of something else entirely when Yugyeom brings the topic up, surprising him. Apparently, he's become good at multitasking.

"My girlfriend," Yugyeom stresses out obnoxiously, as if he hasn't kept Bambam up to inform him about the succesful turn of his love life last night, "thinks you should just send it."

"Why did you tell her?" Bambam asks, betrayed.

Yugyeom genuinely looks confused. "Because she's my girlfriend?" Well, yes, okay, but still. "Point is, it's just Facebook, man."

"No, you don't get it --"

"Yes, I do, just do it."

"-- I'm not gonna --" Bambam splutters, sending ketchup everywhere on the table " -- send it. No."

He's replied with a frown. Yugyeom does not say anything for a moment, then he's back to typing. 

" -- if you're telling her again, I swear -- "

"Grow some pair."

Bambam pauses. "She didn't say that." Or, if she did, then being with Yugyeom surely is ruining her.

Yugyeom shakes his head. "I'm telling you to grow some pair."

Bambam huffs. "Shut up." He squints his eyes. Best friend? What best friend? "You do remember that it took you half of my age to bring yourself to tell her that you like her, right?"

"You've been pining -- "

"I'm not pining, what the hell are you saying!" Bambam protests. It's a big fat lie, but he'll let Yugyeom win this argument in 200never. He's not going to take that from a hypocrite guy like him. Just no. And just because Yugyeom told him that, he's not going to do it, he'll ing wait.

Yugyeom raises his eyebrows at him.

And Bambam raises them right back.

"It did not took me this," his best fiend is saying, stressing the last word, "much to ask her for a date. And she's not stupid, she's known that I've liked her for a long time. To ask her if she wanted to be my girlfriend -- yes, I can't deny that I had waited quite a lot, but it's a totally different thing".

For lack of a better reply, Bambam goes with the classic, "whatever."

Yugyeom gives him an apologetic smile. "Then look at it this way," he insists, "you tap send now, he'll accept your friend request immediately, you'll be able to stalk him cybernetically during your next boring class."

Pft. Bambam won't fall for that. He's better than what Yugyeom thinks of him. "I love Anthropology."

-

A couple of minutes seem nine thousands hours, and yes, it's an exaggeration but truth to her words, Victoria is making them hate work more than usual, making them clean tables and readjusts chairs everytime someone leaves -- even if the table is fresh, practically immaculate except for the used glass of coffee, so they could be left to the customers since there are frappuccinos and Caffé lattes waiting to be prepared, plus there is still a really long queue of people who want to order.

The problem esteems from they're short-handed: six employees called in sick. While they are all sorry they got food poisoned, and none of them wishes to have diarrhea and intense vomiting, the Starbucks is a nightmare today.

Bambam is stressed. He just wants to go home and, like, die as a burrito man. He's sweaty, and there's a big chaos in the kitchen, Donghae looks nervous too, and the amounts of things to do is scarring the newbies that got the job just yesterday.

To top it all, he feels his cellphone in his pocket. Despite all the stuff that there are to do, he almost always puts a hand on his thigh, right where his device is, just in case he feels it vibrating -- right. Bambam had sent the friend request after all, because he's weak -- but it hasn't emitted a single vibration ever since he's been in the Starbucks.

And that just isn't helpful at all.

Bambam cannot problematise two things at the same time. He should have not followed Yugyeom's instruction, because sending a friend request to Jackson is actually more earth-shattering than Bambam had expected it to be.

He's distracted, he forgets orders that he himself had just taken, resulting to customers givim him either a stinky eye or a raised eyebrow as if telling him that he should concentrate, or Victoria screaming at him to do so. To focus. Or, she will confiscate his phone (she's never said so -- yet. Bambam is positive that she's noticed him palming thorugh his jeans and, knowing Victoria, one more and out!). 

And , he's trying, okay, but it's like those nights when you tell yourself that you should rest because you have to wake up early for an appointment, but instead of falling asleep you end up with your head full of stupid thoughts, and before you know it, the alarm clock is ringing and it's time to get up.

Well, it's the same damn thing.

The more Bambam tells himself to stop thinking about why Jackson is not accepting, nor he has sent him one message today, the more the thought appears in his mind.

No matter how hard he tries to come up with possible and probable excuses, like Jackson is doing something -- and Jackson is really doing something, he is. And Bambam knows that he is because Jackson has classes too, and he exercises, maybe not at the gym today, but somewhere else, it's possible. Or, maybe he's helping Jungkook with his homework again, right? Who knows -- Bambam just ends up feeling worried and uneasy.

The funny part is, he can't even explain why. It would be totally normal if he could say it's because the damn guy isn't responding, but that would be too easy.

Instead, here he is thinking he did something wrong -- but what? -- and that's why Jackson's not giving him any signs that he's still ing alive, while he is handing a Mocha to this fashionista Grandma with silver high boots.

"That would be five -- "

"I also ordered one of those glazed donuts."

Bambam tries to smile, but it's like all the muscles in his face had gone offline, so it more than probably comes off as a grimace. He has the confirmation when the Grandma gives him a very filthy look. "Sorry ma'am, I'll be right back."

He chooses the biggest out of Donghae's creations to make it up for the old lady. When he turns around and walks to get a paper bag, Sunny stops him.

"What's up with you?" She asks him, piercing him in place with a pair of judgemental eyes. 

The realisation of why she's doing that comes to him right after her question. "Huh, she's eating here, eh?" Bambam mumbles.

"Huh-huh." Sunny says. With a pat on his shoulder, she signs for him to put the donut on the petite plate she has in hand. Bambam hadn't noticed it before now. "Get one minute out of here, see if Donghae is done with the other pastries. I'll take care of her."

He appears to have no objections to her plan.

Holding in a sigh, he mutters an encouraging okay to himself which he hopes will spur him to be better, before sprinting to the kitchen without looking for Victoria. No eye-contact with the enemy is the first step for a perfect escape.

He's greeted by the usual intence smell of baked bread and with a hug from Donghae.

"Thank you, thank you. My prayers had been listened." The guy is rambling. Bambam, confused, doesn't say anything, but just hugs him back.

When Donghae detaches himself from him, he's saying, "go take the blueberry scones there, and then collect the cheese and chonga bagles in two separate pans -- no, not pans, I mean, uhm, well, yeah, you know what I meant. The tarts and the buns will be ready in a minute, if you want you can take one, but be careful they'll be super hot you can burn your tongue." Donghae says in one intake of breath. "I have to ask why the panini aren't here yet."

It's not like Bambam remembers everything the other had told him, but Donghae's already leaving to make the call, and the first things he sees are bagles, and he's not one-hundred percent sure, but he thinks there were bagles involved in Donghae's monologue. He takes those baskets, the small and cute ones they use when it's getting colder, y'know to go hand in hand with the season. He recalls Donghae telling him that he's allowed to eat -- tarts and buns that are still in the oven. Whatever. It won't hurt anyone if he tries one of the cheesey bagle.

Every now and then he sees Donghae opening the door, stepping in to shout and to protest and then he leaves. Bambam has everything under control, it's fine. He thinks.

"Oh, gosh, those are great," Jun moans, magically appearing beside him as Bambam is putting on mitts to take the two kind of pastries out of the oven. He makes grabby hands at the buns. "Gimme, gimme, gimme."

And Bambam doesn't resist at Jun's little pout and sets one aside to let it cool.

"I love you." Jun tells him, grateful.

"Yeah, I know." He replies. Donghae is still nowhere to be found when Bambam is all done, and Jun is slowly devouring his bun. "Say," he starts, making the younger shift his attention to him, "do they need help out there?" He doesn't want to go yet, but if he has to, he cannot say no.

"Duh." Jun says. "But don't worry about it." He shrugs.

Bambam barks with a little surprised laugh. "Are you trying to say that I'm more useful here rather than there?"

"I would never." Jun is laughing too, his cheeks full, making him look like a chipmunk. He his fingers. "Vic said you can stay here if you want." He supplies, after a moment.

It's not surprising at all. Bambam barely reacts. "Did she give you the permission to be here too, though?" He's not hearing anything of Jun's reply, instead he's more preoccupied for himself.

He needs to learn how to be able to split personal affairs with job. This, what he's doing here right now, is more or less a replication of what he did before, and those out of this kitchen are the same people he treated bad before and that he's abandoned now. He should change the way he reacts at things when he finds someone he's interested in. Because he's bringing the whole "having only one person in mind" too far, and it's becoming unacceptable.

Having that thought in his head doesn't stop him for reaching out in less than 3 seconds for his phone at the first vibration, pull it out of his pocket, and then look at it, hopeful.

The emotion does not last long, though, because it's a call, and the caller is Jimin, and Satan, not today.

From his peripheral vision he can see Jun glancing in turn at him and at the basket of bagles.

Bambam stares at his phone until the call goes dead. But again, this is Jimin, and Jimin doesn't know what being busy is since he thinks that everyone has time for him any time, so he's calling a second time, then a third. To be honest, Bambam should not even ask himself why because the guy does not even let him sleep at night, why would he give up when he knows Bambam is only working?

Against his will, he responds at the third ring of the fourth call, surrendering at the other's persistence. 

"What are you doing right now? Can you talk to me for one second? I think you should totally talk to me."

What's with people? They say things too fast.

"Hello?" On some days there is something about Jimin's voice that makes it have the same effects babies' crying has on adults. Y'know how they make them go insane. Bambam feels his brain leaking out of his ears. "Hellooo?"

"You know that I'm at work." Bambam makes a gusty sigh.

"Yes." Jimin agrees, but he doesn't hang up. "You can talk." He deduces brightly. When he really can't, Bambam turns his phone off. That's the protocol. No, he did not follow it today. "Guess what, Bams?"

He doesn't like that game. Never has. "Not in the mood."

"Baka." Which practically means that Jimin's one of his anime marathon evenings, thus he's using japanese cursing. "Anyway, I've got one good news and one bad news. Which do you want to know first?"

Bambam treasures Jimin like the red big pimple on your cheek where you just damp on your towel gently because you don't want it to pop and give you a scar, but he's fed up with him already. "Jimin, c'mon." Must be because of the actual circumstances. Usually he's got high Jimin tolerance.

"I'll start with the bad one then." Jimin announces. "See, Flower peed on your pillow and then on your sheets."

"What." Bambam counts one to three. "Jimin." To five. "How could she pee on my pillow and then on my sheets? How did she even get in my room when I always make sure to close it before leaving?"

"I can answer to the second and to last question, but not to the first."

"Go on." He's going to have an aneurysm.

"I may have forgotten to close your door when I left your room to borrow a piece of paper because I didn't have anything to write down the clues to solve the enigma of my wonderful show -- "

"Jesus."

" -- and when I came back because I had used all of the space of the paper and I needed a new one, Flower was on your bed. When I picked her up, I noticed the stain on your pillow. I put her down again to tell her that was wrong and then, God, she started peeing on your sheets in protest."

Bambam doesn't even know how to be angry at the end of the story. "That's -- " Doesn't even know what to say.

"But she didn't pee on your carpet at least."

"Jimin," Bambam begins. He salutes Jun who's going back out, and then he starts scanning around to see if Donghae's come back. Not yet. Turning back to his phone, he hisses, "I don't have a carpet, Jimin."

"You're saying my name a lot." The other realises. "Kwangmin bought it for their room, but when I told him about the problem, we all decided to give it to you."

"I'm not going to thank you for that."

"It's okay, you don't have to." Jimin says easily like he didn't owe Bambam, and he's just giving away a gift out of generousity.

Bambam still doesn't have enough strenght to counter back. "Fine, so change the sheets, there are new in the closet. Don't let the door open. And you'll give me one of your pillows until mine doesn't dry completely."

"Roger that."

"Jimin, I gotta go now." He lies.

"Without hearing out the good news?"

Bambam can't keep off the curious tone when he asks,

"there are good news? Actual good news?"

"I haven't said any -- oh. Don't tell me you thought the carpet was good news? Seriously, dude?" Jimin sounds offended. Like, really offended.

Bambam lifts one of his shoulders up, as if the person he's holding a conversation with is right next to him. "Well." It's not that he's going to say sorry. He doesn't need to say apologies, he's not at fault. Not him.

As Jimin speaks, Bambam depicts him frowning in his head. "Yugyeom texted everyone saying you're whining about Jflawless." Not even the truth held in that nickname could ever make Bambam accept it. Since the day they'd been at Jackson and his roommates', the three have started coming up with different hip-hop epithets, yes, he thinks of them as epithets.

He can feel the storm coming. "You didn't do anything bad. Please, tell me you didn't," is his plea.

"No." Bambam can hear the glare in his voice. "I was just going to inform you that Jflawless -- " oh, my God, he needs to stop, " -- won't reply anytime soon because today he left home with 5% of battery, having not attached the charger correctly yesterday night. You're welcome." He ends, proudly.

"How do you know that?" Bambam does not believe him. His friends are surely capable of inventing things just to make him feel better. Which proves that they love him unconditionally on one hand, he guesses, and they're sort of  cruel in another. "What? Jimin I can't hear you."

"I said Suga told me!" Jimin repeats, audible this time.

"How -- "

"I added him on Facebook!" Jimin anticipated him, souniding all flustered. He doesn't want to talk about it, but Bambam wants to know more. "After Yugyeom told me about you, I thought that I should add them too because we're going to spend more time with them all, anyway. So I added him, and Namjoon, and Jungkook and Tiffany too. Nichkhun too." He says, and it's like he's threatening him to object, or to ask further questions.

"So Jackson's phone's dead." Bambam says slowly, trying to sound neutral instead of demanding.

"Yeah, Nichkhun tried to call him before." Jimin confirms, and Bambam straightens up his spine in a proper biped Homo way. "Jflawless said that he was going to stay after lunch because he had a meeting with a professor to discuss a something in the book that's obscure? I don't remember."

Bambam's face features relax progressively. 

"Ah, and you know, how I always tell you that you're a friend for not activating your notifications?" Jimin reminds him, and . "Namjoon sent you a friend request, and he even sent you a message about Jackson. Could have spared yourself all the torments, dude."

The younger is still babbling how much of a lost case Bambam is, when he puts him on loudspeaker, not because he wants to really listen to Jimin insulting him, but basically just because he feels like kissing him now, but he'll never actually do it. You understand what he's trying to say, no? 

Sure enough there is a message from Kim Namjoon when he opens Messenger. 

 
namjoon: jacksies's out, phone dead, gone for the rest of the day
he's not forgotten bout his darling. don't worry, jacksies' darling
 

Bambam sighs, but it's of relief. He can't say that he's happy now, however he more than surely is ready to show Victoria that he can take Junsu's place and become the employee of the week. Not of the month, he knows he should aim to be a pilot even with a heart-condition only once a decade.

Donghae shows up in the middle of Bambam calling Jimin an idiot fondly, since he can't bring himself to tell the guy nice things when it's partly his doing if Bambam's bed and entire room will smell like cat pee when he goes back. Job is the one calling this time.

The panini arrive, like, two minutes later, and with them thrice the work Bambam should have not done if he was doing his regualr work because the delivery boys  -- pay attention to the plural -- should have been two. On lucky days, they're three -- today there is only one, and Bambam and Donghae are supposed to carry the panini out of the truck, plus, of course, place them in the kitchen before bringing them out to be served, but hey, that's what he deserves. 

Who's complaining, though. Bambam is not at all, and he's honest to God not even remotely being sarcastic.

Everything turns out good at the end.

But sadly Victoria does not care about Bambam's new found vigor and optimism when he's there on the road with his co-workers. As a matter of fact, she makes him stay with Taecyeon until the girls come for their fs in the cafeteria, but this not after giving him a talk about the perfect behaviour at work, and how it's important to cooperate with your team, and you can count on them whenever wherever -- it's her way to say that he has to be extremelly thankful that everyone covered for him. Again.

"I hope you keep that smile tomorrow and for the rest of our time together," Jun says as he wears his colorful beanie, and slids in his extra-big pull-over. "You're really scary when you want to be."

"Am I?" Bambam jokes, delighted, and the younger throws the end of his scarf to his face.

"One last thing," Jun turns aroud, just as he's about to leave, "I don't mind to run here and there if you want to, well, bring the athlete here again. I'm sure nobody does." That's sweet of him. Bambam is almost touched, except for when Jun says, laughing, "we'll just divide past of your salary this month or for how many months it will take you."

Being with Taecyeon is fantastic. Mostly because they don't see each other much since he works as a mechanic part-timer on evenings and Bambam has college so he almost always chooses the mornings free. When they meet, the other always has funny stories about clients that have broken their cars in the weirdest ways.

And it's also great that around this hour, there are not as many customers as before since it's not the weekend.

They finish around eight, with Taecyeon having a cup he should carry carefully because it's super-full and it's without a lid, and Bambam being content that tomorrow he has only two hours to attend, and it's of a subject he loves. He'll make it.

When they part ways, Bambam fastly digs his cellphone out. He grins helplessly even after just pressing the home button.

Because there's a message from Jackson, ing finallyIt consists of three words, plus the question mark.

It says, "how are you?" which is short and simple, and could be really compared to his mom's typing if she'd learn to correct each wrong word in one text instead of sending Bambam four consecutive messages in which she corrects a word per text.

He does not reply immediately, though. Now that he has his notifications on, he can see the number 16 in red on the FB app and 4 on the Messenger app.

Just because he wants to save the bigger excitement for later, he opens the first application first.

Apart from two friend requests from Namjoon (he thought he had accepted it before) and to his big surprise, from Jungkook, most of the notifs are from his friends' posts being commented by people Bambam don't know.

And, of course, there is also the "Jackson Wang has accepted you friend request", the only thing that really counts to him.

The profile is now unlocked. The Chamber of Secrets has been finally opened -- yes, he'll cut this off here.

Rome was right: there are basically only shared links about these Blackhawks, and Penguins and Dallas. Horrendous images of tattoos of ripped limbs and tongue pierced, he wonders if Jackson's thinking about getting one. He hopes no, because it's not y -- wait. Jackson with an earring in his tongue does sound y. There are also tagged photos of Jackson, praise the Lord. Most of them got taken by Yoongi, some by Namjoon, but those of Namjoon are basically just stolen pics with Jackson putting on socks, or him being pictured while he's talking about something that he particularly likes, Bambam thinks (and he would like to know what), and that's why Jackson's making a weird expression, one big eye, the other closed and he has his mouth big and open and he's laughing.

All in all, these are good material -- no, no, eh, no. Not material of any kind. Bambam means that they are very good pictures, but for the super macho body that Jackson has, he was expecting the guy to have taken a few shots of him sweaty or him lifting weights. With Jackson showing his beautiful tattoos. 

Or, selfies. Where his stud is very visible. Maybe with Jackson holding a very intense expression.

For the time Bambam has spent agonising about seeing it, Jackson's profile is a big disappoinment.

One album dated back in August of last year catches his eyes more than the rest. It's Jackson with he assumes is, huh, his family? But the interesting thing is that all the comments under it are in what Bambam recognises are kanji.

Why are they in kanji.

Well, unless.

Jackson Wang. Wang.

Bambam opens Messenger, and he barely suppresses a smile when he sees Jackson Wang'd contacted him there too.

bambam: u're chinese, you never told meeee, and then he reads the other, "sorry, I just got back home now" and "please accept Namjoon's fr, he's been whining about it since I got back, he's still at it".

He's thinking about replying when he notices that Jackson's online and he's currently typing.

 
jackson: "hey jackson!"
"sorry I received your messages just now, and, may I ask you a question?"
you have no manners, and it's *you
 

Bambam snorts in his trying to stop a laugh. 

bambam: ok, that was rude of me. sorry i was at work till ten minutes ago

jackson: really 

Look at that. The grammar nazi is not only chatting like a normal human being and not like a robot, he also uses emoticons.

bambam: what, why?

jackson: no, nothing. I believe you. 

Bambam doesn't remember liking something out of Jackson's stuff on his profile, so.

 
jackson: no, because, Facebook must be a liar, telling that you and RapMon became friends half an hour ago
sorry, 32 minutes ago to be exact
 

bambam: what are you implying?

jackson: that you should have your head in work, not eyes on your phone? 

bambam: stop using those eyes

jackson: why?

jackson: are they making you feel guilty? 

bambam: no, ofc no

jackson: you should.

bambam: !, and then he adds, can't believe u didn't tell me u're chinese, whatta mysterious guy u are

jackson: that's what they call the pot calling the kettle back. I can't even read what's there. Is that your name? Are those letters? It's giving me a headache even just looking at them

Because he's got his name in Thai.

bambam: i'm thai, i thought a genius like you would have known. u are really an btw, a big fat

jackson: 

Bambam replies by with a screenshot of Namjoon's really derp picture of Jackson, followed by a series of capital HAHA.

-

His life can be summarised in a cycle of one-hundred unfortunate events following, like, two fortunate events. If you look at it in a statistically point of view, it's not good at all. It's actually pretty ing bad.

But Bambam has decided to look at them as two big moments that value a lot more than the unlucky strikes.

He comprehends that he needs to text Jackson when he's not at college or else he doesn't get more than two-three syllables in return, or Jackson texting like he's a ing machine. On some evenings, but usually always at nights, Jackson is a joy to chat or to send messages to. He always has a comeback to whatever Bambam says, and Bambam's found himself always looking like a loon as he stares at the screen, whether it is of his cellphone or of his laptop. Has found himself not being able to stop himself from comparing the Jackson of the texts to the Jackson who rubs the back of his head, and after realising that he's sort of seen Jackson being his truest self, sassy as a Jinyoung, but with that kindness that's tipically his (it makes sense to him a'right?) when Bambam invited him for a dessert the other day -- he feels light like a feather even if he slept nothing.

Then, two things happen.

Due to a lot of catching up with old friends, and meeting with colleagues etcetera, they could not arrange a second gathering with Jackson's roommates and Bambam's. Neither could Bambam and Jackson meet, which was the initial idea, and the so much better one to be frank.

Thus, Bambam just goes out with the twins, the two couples, Jimin and Youngjae. The usual.

Physically Jackson's not with him, but he is virtually, or cybernetically. Is it the same? Whatever. His cellphone doesn't stop chiming one second, and it's kind of amusing how the vein on Jaebum's neck starts getting bigger and pulsing, ew, after each ping!.

It still hasn't stopped when they've gotten themselves tipsy -- for the sole exception of Youngmin who got incredibly drunk because of a bet with a random brunet he met there -- and not when they're in Jaebum's car and they're singing all the songs from the Shrek 2. Your lame cold will never beat the real king of cartoons, Frozen. Bow to Shrek, Elsa baby.

It's 3 am, Bambam is in bed, lights off, phone still in hands. Jackson is still responding in less than one minute, the conversation has just gone from do you wanna build a snowman? to why do you never post your pictures?

Unfortunately Bambam gets an incredible amount of courage after having a couple drinks. That, and he gets kind of . Okay, .

j: what do you mean?

b: u obvs have a nice body, f u showed it to the world u could b the next alex from target, who's a dude who's blonde and has become famous because of a picture -- someone has taken off him secretly -- which has gone viral. He wonders if he did that to Jackson, if the guy would have a page dedicated to him too with 7k followers like the twins.

Or, if they'd steal Jackson's picture to manipulate it, and insert those "boyfriend goals" lines in bold letters, and then put it on Instagram. Random information: Jimin, the Park Jimin, who scratches his belly and watches and othing else but Spongebob and Adventure Time on TV, and refuses to know what's happening around the world, claiming it's just either boring politics or horrific incidents that could traumatise him -- this person has more than 15k followers there. Quoting him "the majority of them are from Japan." Mindblowing.

j: I'm not vain. I go to the gym because I like it, not to take selfies.

PFT.

b: nt even to c if u ve done any progresses? He's been using more and more abbreviations lately because Jackson hates them, he cannot see them, to the point that once he nearly blocked Bambam after telling him to spell words correctly in between a various number of bad words. It was really entertaining.

j: I have eyes for that. And I know my body

Bambam wants to know it too. b: still. taking pics helps. i'v cn others after and before. do u have after and b4s?

j: I do

He ing knew it. He pumps his fit in the air.

b: REALLY?????!!!!???!!!!1111 not joking?

j: what do the 1s mean?

b: where are d pics?

j: You're never going to see them.

Bambam doesn't care much about the before, to be honest. He wants to be acquaintances with the after body. But saying that he'll never get to see the before is cruel. Jackson cannot do that to him. He opens Messenger and sends Jackson four different kinds of crying emoticons for revenge. Or, to, like, move him a little and maybe send Bambam a tiny little pic? 

He wants to see. So much.

jackson: how much did you drink?

bambam: show ur abs! show ur abs!

jackson: you're scaring me...

The begging orange cat will be his last resort. If this doesn't make the trick, Bambam doesn't know what will anymore. 

jackson: what's your problem?

bambam: A-B-S.

And Jackson stops replying. It's 3.17 am, Bambam has his arm raised up because he was still celebrating, 3.18 am and he puts it down. Because he can see Jackson Wang and under it the word online, but Jackson isn't writing to him. The three dots doesn't appear at 3.19.

Not at 3.20.

He does not think it would have elicited this reaction. Actually, non existing reaction. He thinks of waiting until Jackson writes him back, but what if he doesn't? He can't go back to zero. Not for something so stupid like that.

Jabbing on the screen furiously, he's composed, "jk, don't --", when his eyes widen as a white rectangular box appears instead in the chat, and Messenger says it's a picture. It's loading.

"Holy ." He whispers.

There are no abdominals, it's not a pic Jackson's done in front of a mirror either. It's not a pic, unfortunately. But it's clear -- well, at least, Bambam believes that it has been taken just now. It shows Jackson laying in bed, there's part of a white pillow under his shoulder. He looks grumpy, tired, but Bambam would still risk his life to hop on him in this state. And there are pectorals. He can see half a .

Bambam is so angry at himself for getting full hard for just the sight of that last thing.

jackson: happy?

Thanks to Kwangmin's research skills, Bambam has found a gay site full of asian inked hunks, and it's scientifically proven that getting off is good for you health, so he's just trying to eliminate the strees and the fatigue he's accumulated during the week when he goes to watch some videos. Now, he can, like, go looking for a restricted number -- even if for just a little. He'll go looking for a guy with cute little s. Okay, fine, maybe that's too much info.

Bambam's happy. He definitely is.

Then, a much more exciting thing happens.

Without telling Bambam, Jackson enters the ing Starbucks on a Tuesday. 

Well, if he has to narrate it step by step, first Jun launches himself at him, clinging to his neck like a baby gorilla in need of feeding, and screaming that he's coming, he's coming. And because on not sick days, Victoria is a human with emotions -- she's a woman, brr --she ing squeals. And then rest of the girls ape her, swooning and making Bambam go pale, because he didn't choose Biology because he wanted to have something to do with animals.

And now the Starbucks looks like a zoo. Terrifying.

Jackson walks in, armed with his dark colors, y'know, black t-shirt that embraces his upper body, dark shorts because he's going to run, dark shoes too, and of course his one tattooed sleeve. He advances slowly, and then once in front of the counter, he ehms, and does his signature movement with hand on his nape when they shove Bambam in front of him.

This is not cute.

This is so not cute.

Jun aw-s, and then he's snickering. er. 

This is horrible.

"Hi," Jackson says, timidly, and who can blame him when the poor guy has hyenas watching him, some not even descretly. 

"Hi," Bambam repeats after him, "taking my advice and giving yourself a chance to live life at its fullest?" He's used to embarassing situations by now, sort of. He knows what to do.

Jackson chuckles. His smile looks bright, a flash of white in all that darkness. "You sound so much like Yoongi."

"And a 70 year old man has double the fun you have, " Bambam says, and he grins when he sees Jackson laugh again, "so, what can I give you? You're holding up the line."

"Yeah?"

No. Because there's no one beside him. 

Jackson knows, but he he his head, and orders. "It's abs day," he says at Bambam's slight snort at his low-carbs drink.

The only annoying part is when Bambam turns around with the cup, and he notices that everyone, customers too, are still looking at them like they're the new couple of a soup-opera. They even have haters looking at them in disdain, and some are shipping them, he can tell. But, hey, there are eyes reserved for Jackson only, and he knows those stares because they're pretty much how his look.

And Jackson playing with his earring while his gaze is wandering is not helping. His parents are sure happy with what they'd done -- their son is ing hot. (So is their other son. Hyukjae Wang is such an attractive lawyer, Bambam can imagine someone committing a big violation only to hire him to defend the cause). And he is, even more now that he doesn't have his eyebrows set in that stern scowl. 

Bambam likes to fool himself and think that it's always because of him.

"You can stop with the pose, handsome." The words are out and he can't take them back. Roll with it, Bambam. It did not happen if Bambam pretends that he didn't say it. 

Jackson just smiles again. Good sign. "Thanks." He pays, and he quietly tells only Bambam that he'll have to cook tonight and obviously take a shower after that, and he's promised Jungkook that they'd play Mortal Kombat too. "It will take me some time to reply."

"Cool to me. It's the night, after all."

Jackson raises his eyebrows. "You mean -- ?"

"Yes," Bambam nods, "we're having Maru and Rome for dinner." He's told Jackson his, huh, dislike? for Maru's boyfriend. What can he do? He's not bad, but Bambam can't make himself like him.

"Good luck," Jackson says, and with that he waves. 

If it have stopped there -- well, that would have been ing fabulous, but days of being dormient has ended for Jun's jerkness, and he shrieks about Jackson and Bambam looking like they're finally having shared a bed in a ual, y'know, way.

Bambam wishes it was true, (peccato!, yes, people, nights texting to mister Wang have brought some benefits in Bambam's education too), but it's not.

The problem, though, lays in Jackson still being just half way through the exit, and when he turns back and has this questioning look, Bambam explodes in a fit of hysterical laughters. "He's just joking! Jun, you're so funny."

He's going to kill the kid someday.

-

At this point Bambam feels the need to clarify that he has had everything on the table since the almost kiss that Jaebum ruined. He feels awkward not doing anything for an entire week -- he's been always the type to not hold himself back once it hits him that, wow, he really likes a person. 

When Yugyeom asks him about it, he explains the situation.

It's pretty official that he's got a crush on Jackson. A ridiculous crush that has started much before Bambam acknowledging it at so.

The denial in the beginning and his hesitation can be only explained with how it's been hard to overcome the breakheart after Mark.

"Are you over him, now?" Yugyeom asks with a concern look. "Like, totally over?"

Bambam makes a gesture with his hand that really doesn't mean anything. "Told you I am," he says, forgetting about texts for a minute to answer properly, "it's. Well, you always get this feeling that it will never turn out great. But I'm over that phase too." It took him awhile, but he is. Really really. He doesn't hate Mark for what happened. He's totally okay. "I just need to find the right moment to ask him out."

Moving on seems always so easy when you're telling someone else. Like, it's so easy to tell someone to stop doing this and that to yourself because crying and being sad won't ever make you feel better, but living a heartbreak is different.

It's like trying to run to catch the train that has already started the engine and is ready to go. You run and run, but it's futile, it's stupid, because the door are closing and you're still fifteen steps away, and when you're finaly there all you can do is stare at it until it's gone. Having others telling you to move on is the same. It's useless until you yourself understand that you can be frustrated and unhappy all you want, that it won't change things. You need to accept that you're going to be late, but, Jesus, life isn't over. You can always catch the next train.

The solution is, in poor words: take your time to learn to get your head off your and -- well, he's not going to tell you to forget the things that hurt you. It will seem like a parents' advice, but there's no better way to put it: you learn from your mistakes, you can't erase them because, you like them or not, they are part of you. And it's true that the past helped you become who you are now. You're stronger because of those mistakes. They've taught you how to be better.

So, take your time to learn how to get your head off your . Don't rush. It could take you a month, years, or why not? Just days. But take your time.

And then, remember, that just because you weren't successful the first time, or few times, it doesn't mean you'll never be. Bambam is going to take a stupid example: but look at 'em artists who got rejected by a couple of companies before, and  look where they are now. 

Just -- try.

And if it turns out not to be worthy again, it will be later. Be patient. Because it will be.

Just keep trying, okay?

Because not trying, well, isn't it already like losing?

He's had time to think about how much he's ready to give Jackson, how much he's prepared to be shattered if it doesn't go well.

Jackson's the best, and he's already decided that Jackson deserves nothing but the best too.

And since he's been the one giving all those magnificent suggestions, and he's been raised not to be a loser, Bambam is going to go all in.

The Republic of Thailand is going to show to the big beautiful China.

-

Bambam holds his chin up. "Do you?" He asks. Maybe he should have buildt less of an atmosphere and more of a preamble, because he doesn't like how Jaebum's turning from smiling to giving Bambam this measured look.

"What do you mean?" Jaebum says after a pause. 

It's not that complicated, though, and he knows what to do. "What I said." He can do this. "Do you remember that time when you accompanied that girl hyung doesn't like one bit because he's firmly convinced that she's making cow eyes at you and you made me lie to him about it? I finally found how you can make it up to me."

"Shh." Jaebum glances over his shoulder, the idiot. His boyfriend is inside the supermarket, he can't hear them. "You said you weren't going to bring it up. Ever."

Bambam doesn't bat an eye. "Yes, well, I'm pretty desperate here." He admits without any trace of embarassment. He's ready to crash the other at every angle if he doesn't give in.

If using the ultimate card is what this requires to be accomplished, so be it. He'd feel sorry, but in desperate times all is fair. 

Jaebum looks like someone's just told him that he's going to die, which is understandable because he and Jinyoung almost never argue. They've been on the honeymoon period pretty much all the time, and they've been together for years. 

"Okay."

Bambam calls it a big victory. And letter A of the list is done.

(Too bad there are other letters left in the list. But let's be optimistic, at least one is done).

-

Here is another life lesson: do not -- as in never. Nuh-huh. Call it a fail. We've got a problem Houston. Cross it with a big red x then cross it again because it's not enough. Red flag -- think that all you need beside you is someone with a pretty face. 

You should never put looks over brains (unless you're super rich and you've got a jet, and you want to be that sugar daddy -- no, okay, don't), because Bambam can assure you that you will ing regret it.

Like, you won't like having Jimin as your partner. Let's actually pray for the guy that will take him.

Bambam is going to use simple words to explain why: if your type is someone with a baby-face with the physique of John Cena (the man is so Facebook comments famous lately that Bambam couldn't resist mentioning him), Park Jimin is the one for you. But, yes there is a but, he's on the same level of a three-year kid. 

Let's try with other comparisons: Park Jimin is a very rare Pokémon with the head of a Jigglypuff, the body of a Machoke, and the IQ of a Magikarp which could lead you to hope that maybe someday he'll evolve into an acquatic dragon and be clever, but no, you're stuck with him being useless and knowing only Splash. Is it clearer?

But he can be helpful somehow, you just need to be an expert. Bambam thought there was some kind of connection between them, but it seems like he still hasn't developed the ability to communicate fluently with Jimin because the latter keeps don't getting it.

Even if Bambam has repeated the same thing a lot already.

"You want to start exercising."

"Yes."

"You want to start as soon as possible."

"Yes."

Jimin stares at him.

"As soon as possible."

"Yes."

"You."

"Me."

"At the gym."

"Yes." Bambam grits out to him.

Jimin tilts his head. His eyes get larger and rounder.

"I'm home." Youngmin announces, and Bambam would like to throw him out, but before he can do something, Jimin is already spilling out everything to the newcomer. ing Magikarp.

"Why?" The twin questions. He's cunning, though. He'll get it immediately. Dammit.

Bambam is asked a question, and two pairs of eyes are looking for the answer. "Because I'd like to put on some muscles?" And he flushes. Mothering , why didn't he just say it?

"But why?" Jimin keeps believing him. This guy is immensely lost today. 

Meanwhile a smirk is slipping on Youngmin's features.

-

Bambam and Jimin are in the gym reception at 6pm of a Sunday. Now that he's got Jimin with him, he can check another letter off his list. His friends all wanted to see him stumble while he's on a treadmill, bump his head on the floor and, like, the end. They think that's going to be his death because he'll be insanely all over looking at Jackson instead, and they're not wrong. 

He's going to be in gym for only the trial week, which he will use properly. And with properly he means that he thinks seven days are enough time to 1)spend more time with Jackson, 2)spend more time with Jackson, 3)spend more time with Jackson, and 4)why not? It's been too long (his entire existence) since Bambam had a good workout, anyway.

Who's he's trying to fool? 

"You can simply ask him to go out with you without doing this." Jimin says, and stops walking when Bambam does. "You know how normal people ask someone out?"

Bambam breathes. "Shut up." Jimin is not in the position to give him advices because he's a Slowpoke.

He knows what he's doing. Sorta.

Jimin inserts a wet finger in his ear for revenge.

The red-head in charge of giving potential members information tells them what kind of machineries they can find there, there's even a yoga area and a ring inside, it's really bigger than what Bambam remembers, and then she shows them all the courses they can join in. Jimin pokes his side when she's talking about Zumba, whispering to him that he could go take some lessons, and Bambam plants his middle finger in what he knows is Jimin's most ticklish spot. She also offers to give them a tour. They walk after her while she indicates here and there. 

Bambam's eyes are on anything, but what she's talking about. He can't see Jackson,  but he knows he is here. He wouldn't have come today if Jackson wasn't going. It's shoulders day.

"You work at the Starbucks across the gym, right?" She snaps him back to reality.

Bambam shifts his gaze to her. "Yes, I do." He answers politely, even smiling a little. He'd rather not think about that place now, because he's got that fifth sense telling him that they too know he's here, and tomorrow's working day which means he'll be suffering. Nope.

In his searching for Jackson, he notes that his first visit here did not really give justice to the number of attractive people exercising. Either all the beauties and the handsomes have decided to reunite in one single building or -- that's the only explanation.

He doesn't really mean to listen to Jimin say,

"yes, we're good, thanks. I think we'll start with some crunches, planks, the easy part. Then maybe we'll even try some weights."

"I'm not trying weights." Bambam clarifies when she's at a certain distance from them. "And I'm not doing crunches. Crunches hurt."

Jimin agrees. "You're gonna like it." He doesn't give up, and he actually elbows Bambam a little, and then gestures to go there, to the weight area.

"Stop -- no, listen -- and this is the wrong direction -- what is this place?"

"The secondary weights area. You were not listening, I see."

" -- don't you talk to me like -- hey -- Jimin, you can cruch if you want, but I'm gonna -- "

Find Jackson, he was going to say.

Who's there, lifting two heavy weights that would as big as Bambam's head if he put his fists at each side. His biceps, the way his chest rises as he breathes heavily -- it's almost hypnotising. that, erase the almost, it is. There is a mirror in front of Jackson -- Bambam, if he wasn't so interested in watching the scene, would go there and shout an accusing ha-ha!, he knew it. He's got this serious expression on, and Bambam is not entirely sure he's putting any kind of effort when he curls those weights, but --

"Isn't that Namjoon?"

"What's Namjoon?" Bambam asks absently. He's still in trance. Those muscles Jackson has in his arms, damn, they look as hard as rocks. 

"Namjoon."

There's a hand waving in front of his face, it's blocking the astonishing sight, and so Bambam swats it away.

"Namjoon." Jimin insists. "The guy who's pointing at us. And is walking to us. And is tugging at your shirt."

"Bartender Bambam!"

Bambam jerks his head so fast his neck makes an awful sound. He must be sleeping because Jimin and Namjoon are grinning at him. Or, or -- oh god, this is it.

He must have died while he was attempting to do some gym, and Jackson was the vision of the paradise he won't go to. He'd been bad.

This is Hell.

"Oh, my god."

Namjoon's expression doesn't falter. "What brought you here?" He wags his eyebrows.

Hell.

He died. Without having his degree. Without building his own family. His life was so ing sad. Oh, God.

"Bambam, are you okay?" Jimin puts a hand on his forehead. 

He shakes his head. Breathe. Breathe. Yes, he's breathing, and he can feel the warm palm on his skin. "Yes, yes," he forces out. Jesus. It's the stale air in here. It's giving him allucinations. Yes, that's it. "What are you doing here Namjoon?"

"I work out here." The dyed hair guy responds as a matter of fact. To prove it, he rolls his short sleeves up, and flexes what Bambam would call baby biceps. "Not bad, eh?"

Jimin whistles out of politeness, Bambam thinks. "Sick, man."

"Yeah?" Namjoon preens at the compliment. "Been here for only a couple weeks. It's," he makes a y'know face, "just work."

Bambam can confirm that, kinda, as he recalls the banana cupcakes and again, of course, his first time here. It's so kind of Jimin to not show what actual guns look like. Well, Namjoon probably knows, he's friends with Jackson, and Nichkhun looks pretty fit too. Same with Jungkook -- Bambam will start feeling bad about checking out the kid's hundred photos of himself shirtless when Jungkook will stop posting them. There's nothing bad about it, he's just admiring. And Bambam only lusts after Jackson, anyway.

What's wrong is mentally deriding Namjoon; it makes him a real bad person and a hypocrite one because he's worn an extra large shirt only to hide his super slim and embarassing body.

"Look over there." Namjoon says, nodding at the opposite direction. "He's got those Baywatch guys aura, don't cha think so?"

So.

Jackson is done with the weights.

He very slowly stretches his back, putting his hands on his hips. Then, he does tilt his head left and right. Oh-so-very-slowly. Bambam doesn't think that's necessary, but it's not like he's objecting either. He likes it, it's pretty obvious.

"And drumbroll." Namjoon imitates the said sound effect, and Jimin soon does too, as Jackson puts his hands on his hairline and then very very slowly pushes all his hair (surprisingly wet with sweat) back.

Bambam is not sure if this is a club or a gym anymore. But he should have gone in this area before now. Also, why has Jackson never done those things in front of the windows where he can see him? Work would be soooo better.

"His routine on Sundays is running, running some more, weights, and then be ey." Namjoon informs. He smirks at Bambam, as if the latter did not know that. "On Thursdays he pl -- "

The sentence hangs in the polluted air unfinished, at least for him.

The reason is none other that Jackson Wang being done making a show in front of the mirror. He's seen them, and he's now walking to them with drops of sweat falling on the ground at each step.

"Hello." Jackson interrupts him with his greeting, taking the towel Namjoon is offering him. He throws it over his head, wiping his styled hair, making a mess before putting the towel around his neck, leaving it there, and re-styling his hair again. He has the douchebag look, but his smile is soft when they greet them.

"Hi. I'm sorry, I was -- " He throws a thumb back.

Jeez. His skin has a gorgeous sheen, Bambam can see he's sweating like a pig even in the extra-small dark tank top. 

"Man, you're my hero." Jimin raises his hand in a high-five that Jackson accepts immediately. "Those dumbbels," he tsks, "hero."

"He doesn't need people praising him." Namjoon interjects. "Jacks has looked at himself in the mirror a ing lot already."

Bambam has got several "not vain, remember?" in his inbox. Not vain his . What's all that slowmo for if not to make mouths salivate? Damn, he should have recorded it. 

Instead of fixing Namjoon with a glare, Jackson is at it again. He's scratching the jaw this time. A jaw that could make a fruit salad if Bambam threw bananas, apples, and pears at it. Then, without preambles -- because the guy secretly lives to torture him, and Bambam loves every minute of it -- Jackson gives him full attention.

"Coming to the dark side?" He asks, as he tugs at both sides of his towel. His stud is moving slightly up and down, meaning that he's playing with it with the tip of his tongue? Baby sweet Jesus.

Bambam doesn't croak, "Jimin asked me to give him company, so ta-da."

"It will do you good." Jackson smiles brightly. The change in character would be amusing if Bambam wasn't ready to burst out of his skin. 

"I'm here for Jimin." Bambam repeats, while the said guy coughs, trying to give out his cover up.

"You could use this possibility." Jackson points out.

It's vague, but Bambam thinks he's subtly offering to tutor him. It might be the air again, though.

The right corner of Jackson's lips goes up, forming a half-smile. He's looking at Bambam like he's a puppy who just knocked over the milk. It should make him feel affronted somehow, but Bambam is -- not. "Yes, you're just going to be here, staring at your friend, and following him everywhere like a perfect butler."

There will be staring, but definitely not towards Jimin, what the hell. Just the thought makes him shiver.

"Oh, no." Bambam says in response. "I'm the Batman." 

Jackson raises an eyebrow playfully. He's totally not agreeing. Jerk. But he doesn't say anything, choosing instead to just make a, "you said so", kind of face.

"What." Bambam resists folding his arms. "You're saying I'm not?" He asks petulantly because he's not going to let himself be made fun of by anyone, not even if the anyone is a jerk with beautiful arms.

Jackson mimes zipping his mouth and throwing the zip behind him. 

Bambam wants to tell him that he's going to watch his as he bends down for his weights, or when he does some squats, to make the douchebag red as -- he's been thinking about Jackson doing squats since three days ago, so he's really looking forward to Tuesdays, he cannot wait. Of course he keeps it for himself.

What follows is Jackson practically training Bambam. Making him walk at tortoise steps for five minutes,and slowly making him graduate from tortoise to old lady in the sidewalk with a walking stick to Usain Bolt all of a sudden, telling him that it's not that fast, really, when Bambam asks for a breather after about five seconds of Usain Bolting. Then, they're doing exercises for legs. Bambam doesn't know how is the machinery called, but you sit down with your legs up, and then you have to press the weights using them. (Jackson says it's called a leg press machine. Bambam believes it's a machine of pain, even though he's pressing only 10 kgs so he's not even using a quarter of his strenght. But you know). Basically, this is the part where Bambam is supposed to flirt with Jackson while they are doing exercises, but in his mind he looked a lot more like Jackson himself and less like a drenched rabbit with a lower back pain.

It's when a boy in an outfit similar to his asks Jackson's info about how to use a horrible machine where you have to stay on your knees and push down the weights with your arms (oh, god, he doesn't know, okay?), that Bambam's able to take a minute.

In the small spare of time, not only does he rest, but he also listens at how Jackson's able to explain the boy everything and even shows him how to do it -- he's really kind. Death is about to collect Bambam's soul, but Jackson remains a piece of cake.

"Wow." Jackson looks oddly fascinated by Bambam's state when he's done with all the explaining.

Bambam will cry if he makes him do one more thing. "Please, no more." His calfs are in pain, his head is throbbing, he wants Victoria with her bossy attitude, not Jackson with his gentle tone anymore. Jackson.

But Jackson, because he's perfect, takes pity on him. "Let's go." He says, patting Bambam on the back, but slightly so it doesn't hurt more than it already does. "We're calling it a day."

Hallelujah.

They head for the showers. It says probably a lot that Bambam doesn't have any energy left even to only think about taking a peek through Jackson's curtains to see the results of his squats while Jackson is showering. He barely wipes himself clean and dressed. However, he does stare at Jackson's body when the guy gets out, though -- and be careful that he does not have a nosebleed, you'll have the description of the bubble of a certain Wang, he'll even write a novel about it, just you wait. It's perfectly fine. This is Bambam's price.

"." Jackson says, turning around him.

Bambam pretends to be looking around the changing room. "What's up?" He asks with nonchalance.

"Namjoon said that he and Jimin took my car." Jackson says bitterly.

Oh. Right. Bambam went here with a guy named Jimin. And there was a Namjoon too. Right. If he wasn't reminded of them, Bambam would never remember honestly. Not with Jackson having only a pair of shorts on. He's still half-. Where is Bambam's cellphone? Maybe he can take a picture or two --

"I guess you don't drive?"

Bambam curls his fingers in his hand. "No." He says right away. Then, he elaborates. "No, sorry, I don't. But we don't live that far."

Jackson looks at him. Then, he drops his gaze down. "But you're all sweaty," he mumbles, "I mean." He emits a little sigh. And then, he picks up his clean shirt from his bag, giving Bambam his back.

Oh. Bambam stops himself from grinning. Damn. Okay, so he won't say no if -- "Nah, I'm fine. You don't know how I look after work. Say, I'm hungry, would you like to go grab something to eat? If you don't have anything to do, of course. There's a diner that makes great waffles. You can eat some waffles, right? I don't think they're -- "

"Yes." Jackson cuts his babbling. He turns around, and he leaves Bambam completely out of words when he puts a cap, his black stupid cap, on Bambam's head. "Where is it?"

-

Bambam ears are bright red, but it's because it's a bit chilly. He's not feeling that cold, though.

"That doesn't make sense at all." He argues. "I've been pronouncing it like that all my life and no one has ever corrected me."

Jackson gives him a sidelong glance. "Pizza."

"Oh, my god." Bambam guffaws, and Jackson chuckles too. "It's the same damn thing. You're just a showoff. You like people saying you're right, shut up. It's the same."

Jackson suddenly frowns at him, outraged. "How is it the same? There are two zs. Double z. Zed, y'know. You say it like there's a t and an as." He protests. "Pitsa."

"I do not!" Bambam says. "I put a z."

"There's two."

"Pizza, pitza." Bambam persists. "Same."

Maura, the owner of the diner is a good friend of Jinyoung -- Jinyoung is loved by any woman of any age, because he looks angelic basically, the perfect son. They sometimes eat here too, so she knows Bambam, and the best thing about her is that she lights up like a Christmas tree and is genuinely nice to everyone. She doesn't give a double glance at Jackson's arm, just greets them, and tells him that she'd never do it because she likes looking pure, that's what men like.

"Oh, yeah." Jackson agrees, laughing.

Bambam smiles.

They talk about hockey, about Jackson's passion over these bearded bears with sticks that skite on ice and pick fights during games. They talk about Jackson's love for this player, Patrick Kane, and about how Bambam thinks he looks like Tyler Seguin. 

"It's Saygan, not Segwin."

Bambam rolls his eyes.

He also finds out that Jackson is up at late hours because he watches hockey games on streaming, and sometimes they're at impossible hours.

"And how do you get to sleep eight hours everyday?"

Jackson eyes him. "I don't?"

Bambam fakes shock.

"Shut up." Jackson kicks him under the table.

They keep bickering even when food arrives, Jackson correcting every single wrong word Bambam says, he refuses teaching Bambam how to say fork because "when you grow up", and, he's a douchebag, he's a big douchebag and Bambam is good with languages, he knows two okay? And he learnt some English.

"Let me talk to your teacher."

him.

Because this is a pre-date, or a mini-date, and Bambam will inform Jackson about it. Soon. On their actual date. Which is going to be super soon. Well, because it is, he pays for their meal to Jackson's big protest, but who te heck cares about him. Because he can't let it go, Jackson walks him home, obviously.

"Just ing go now." Bambam shoos him away.

"What if you get lost." Jackson says.

Bambam stares at him. Then, he looks at the door, right beside him.  

"You never know." Jackson shrugs. "People get kidnap everywhere at any time."

Right. Bambam looks at him with dead eyes.

Jackson kicks his shin, grinning. "Yes, okay, I'll go after you -- " He nods at the door.

"You're aware I'm not a girl, huh?" Bambam says, now his heart is thumping hard on his chest. But no, he's everything programmed. He's not going to kiss Jackson now. But if Jackson asked -- no, he's not going to. Bambam is going to kiss him very soon. But on a special occasion, not now that Bambam is disgusting, and he's smelly, he doesn't want Jackson to remember it like that. He doesn't want to remember it like that.

So, he doesn't swallow and nor he his lips to look obvious. He mimics Jackson, nodding too. He opens the door, and simply waves goodbye, Jackson says good night, but Bambam does not trust himself to speak. The door is closed, so is Bambam's opportunity to kiss Jackson for the first time. He can hear the voices of his roommates coming from another room, and instead of staying and thinking, he takes a deep breathe and decides to go to them.

He's going to take a shower afterwards -- as he touches his head, he remembers -- the cap. Maybe if he runs now, he can still find Jackson. The guy is fit, but damn he's not Flash.

Bambam goes then. Opens the door -- Jackson's there, hand in the air like he was going to knock or press the doorbell.

"Your cap --"

"My cap --"

They chuckle. Bambam takes the black cap off, and give it to Jackson.

"Good night again." He's still chuckling.

Jackson accepts it with one hand. He says quietly, "yes, good night." Then, "mind if I kiss you?"

Bambam nods immediately because he'll never say no. He --

Jackson places a hand behind Bambam's head, brings him close to his face, Bambam's eyes are on Jackson's lips and he sees them curve up before he closes his eyes. The kiss is slow, soft, and even if Bambam wants more, he lets Jackson take the lead. It slowly becomes more when Jackson's hand travels down to his hip, adn then there's another hand gripping, two hands on his hips bringing him closer and closer to Jackson. Jackson's tongue starts pushing against his first, then it's on his lips, then Bambam's chin --

-- and then Jackson stops. He buries his face in Bambam's collarbone.

Bambam feels him shaking. He's worried at first because what if it's because Jackson did not like it, is regretting it, but --

"Are you laughing?"

"Yes, you kind of need a shower." Not romantic at all, and rude. Jackson shows his face, and the yellow light doesn't do him justice, making Jackson's skin dull, but he's still a great sight, and Bambam likes him so much. 

Bambam fakes being offended. Jackson says he smells -- duh -- but he buries his face in Bambam's neck. Ha! It will make a great memory, he's sure.