1. would you like a piece of the moon

mom said you're so bad

Oh, I'm telling you, don't smile like that

 

 

Bambam's first official meeting with Jackson Wang is a little bit weird.

Official, because he knows who the guy is. He has seen him around a couple of times in campus. Plus, sometimes Jackson orders a frappuccino at the Starbucks where Bambam works (but he's pretty sure that Jackson doesn't know him), and more, there's a gym right in front of the building and Bambam (even if not always intentionally, mind you) has watched the guy exercise more than once. It's because he's gay, okay? And the windows of the gym are transparent he can see everything happening inside, and, out of all the guys who go there, Jackson is the one with the nicest body.

Jackson probably eats only veggies and fruits to mantain those muscles.

So it's not like Bambam has no idea who Jackson Wang is. It's just that they've never talked to each other.

Their first real conversation is a bit weird.

No, okay, a lot weird.

It starts with something like this: Bambam is in class, trying to listen to this very detailed lesson about the importance of the friction force on these two blocks that are trying to slide across each other, when he receives a text from Yugyeom.

Mark got invited at party on Sat. Sorry, told bro not to, but he said they buddies. Couldn't do anything :(

Which . Just .

He stares at the screen of his iPhone in horror before collecting his stuff (who cares about taking notes at moments like this? He'll ask someone -- probably Maru -- if he can borrow his work. It's okay. It's not the first time he does something like this) and then storming out of the room.

Because he's stupid, he squints at his cellphone. As if that alone could make him forget about the fact that the person he doesn't want to see ever is going to be (because of course Mark's coming. He and Peniel are basically like Bambam and Yugyeom) at his best friend's brother's 21st birthday.

" this ." He presses "call". "I thought he was staying in America for 4 months? Shouldn't he be out of my sight for at least one more week?" He inquires immediately, not even giving the other the time to say hi.

Yugyeom huffs. Bambam can practically see him looking up in frustration while biting his lower lip. "That's what he said!" He replies after a couple of seconds. "That's what he said." He repeats, lower. "But Peniel hyung convinced him to return a day before his birthday so that Mark could be there, and well, Mark agreed."

Bambam groans.

Please, someone tell him that this is a joke.

He's not even aware that he'd continued walking until he's an inch close to hit a wall. "Look," he begins saying. He stops when he's completely out of the Bio complex. "I think I'll stay at home this weekend."

Yugyeom says nothing.

"I know I promised you that I'd be there when you confess your love to Yerin, but I really can't." Bambam rants. When he still doesn't hear anything from the other line, he points out, "Mark hyung is going to be there, Yugyeom. What if I meet him? C'mon, try to understand my situation."

A sigh. "I do," Yugyeom says, "but what about mine? What if it goes bad? Who will take shots with me?"

"Uhm," Bambam closes his eyes to massage his eyelids, "Jaebum hyung?"

"Yeah, right." Yugyeom grunts. "Jinyoung hyung won't let him, tsk."

"He will."

"No, he ing won't."

"Jimin? Or the twins?"

"Please. Those three will be already gone after five minutes at the party."

"What about Youngjae?"

"Teetotaler."

Bambam frowns at that, annoyed. "Well, it's about time Youngjae stops being such a ing baby and take a damn shot. It's not going to kill him, is it?"

"You're being mean." Yugyeom deadpans. "Besides, I'd never ask anyone who isn't you. I'm a drunk crybaby with a big mouth. I'd end up telling the person with me what happened and more and you know me, I'm totally against other people knowing about my . You're the only one who has the priviledge 'cause we shared a stroller when we were kids."

"Yes, yes, I know," Bambam answers immediately, rolling his eyes. Was the last sentence necessary? His friend is such a drama queen sometimes. "Hey, what about your brother? I know you guys prank each other and each of you wants to slit the other's throat open when you're in a room alone, but I think he won't be an if you explain -- OW."

His head hurts because something quite big has hit him. 

What the . He looks up, frowning at the blueness of the sky and he doesn't find anything wrong. There isn't any cloud.

It's a ing sunny day.

Frowning, he then looks down to see if there's something unusual on the ground. His frown gets deeper when he sees a shoe a meter or less far from him.

What the actual .

Yugyeom is blabbering, but Bambam is not paying attention to him right now. He's about to actually take a better look (yeah, sure, he's kind of dumb) of the ing shoe when he hears someone yell,

"you ing idiot! That's mine!"

He abruptly turns around to find Jackson Wang sitting right next to a vending machine, one socked foot and one sporting a shoe. 

Bambam watches him.

everything that happened, is happening and will happen.

Jackson Wang has been part of his dirty fantasies for awhile now. The guy's always wearing these ing sleeveless shirts, showing his bare muscled arms everywhere. He has one arm completely tattooed and if that isn't one of the hottest things Bambam has ever seen in his life then the ing tight pants that hug Jackson's thighs and legs certainly are.

He's glaring at Bambam, and once he calls him an "idiot" again, he the side of his mouth where he's got this black piercing before he glares deeper. Bambam can feel the blood running all over his body, can feel it on the tips of his fingers so much that he almost drops his cellphone.

"Are you ing deaf?" Jackson shouts, pointing a finger at him accusingly. "Will you come here to help me?"

Bambam has those moments in his life when he's got the IQ of a banana. He looks around. "Me?" He asks, indicating himself.

"Yes!" The veins on Jackson's neck look like they're going to jump out of his skin in a moment or another. "Why do you think I threw my shoe at your head?" He says, getting quite hysterical. "Will you ing help me, please?"

"Why would you -- "

" --am! Bambam! What the is happening there? Who's yelling?" Yugyeom's voice comes worried and it cuts whatever idiocy Bambam was going to say. Judging from Jackson's expression, he's not up for answering Bambam's questions, not even the one that involves his shoe being thrown at Bambam for only God knows why. 

"Uhm, it's -- " Bambam opens and closes his mouth. "I -- I'll talk to you later. Bye." He says in the end. He purposely hangs up before Yugyeom can ask something else. While he's putting his cellphone away in the pocket of his jeans, he takes Jackson's shoe.

He earns a 'ing finally, thank you Lord' in return.

Bambam squints his eyes at the guy. "For someone who's asking for my help, you're not being very nice." He says as he hands the one Nike Air-Jordan to Jackson who simply sighs dramatically. Bambam throws him a stern look.

It doesn't matter how hot you are. If you're being a , Bambam gets pissed off as much as when he's talking to someone ugly as . Only, he'd try, if possible, not to cause big damages because he gets sad and guilty after ruining a nice face.

"I've been calling you for ten ing minutes -- " Jackson spits out in a normal tone of voice, but the anger is still there. " -- you finally turn around and the first thing you do is give me a stupid look and the first thing you say is stupid too." He points out, jaw clenching. Isn't that so ing y. "I'm stuck. Help me.

"Yeah, sure." Bambam doesn't say anything about how demanding the guy sounds, instead he -- stop. What. "Stuck?"

God. If looks could kill.

"Did your mom drop you when you were a baby?" Jackson pats his right (muscular) shoulder and Bambam understands why the guy is sitting next to the vending machine. His arm is inside of it. And from what Bambam can see, he paid for a snack that didn't fall down and he was trying to reach it.

He tries to suppress a laugh as he notices that Jackson's fingers are quite far from his this low calories snack that tastes like . He knows he's not doing a good job when Jackson growls at him,

"are you going to just stay there and make fun of me?"

"Psh." Bambam scoffs. Without waiting for another insult, he walks behind the guy, and without any warning, he puts his hands around the part of Jackson's arm that's free and he tries to pull it out of the machine.

"Are you ing trying to kill me?!" Jackson shrieks, pushing Bambam away from him. "It ing hurts! Do you think I didn't try to do that? God. You must be a ing genius!"

It's Bambam's turn to lose his . "What do you want me to do then?!" He shouts, insulted.

Jackson gapes at him. Then, he's sputtering. "Call someone like a janitor who has the keys to open this ing thing, Einstein!"

And oh. 

He's actually right.

But Bambam can't let this go without snapping something back, so he says, "you could have said it earlier instead of just yelling like a chick on crack!", (Jackson could have said it earlier. Like, it could have saved them a lot of time. Why the hell the guy did insist on getting Bambam near him if he was going to send him away later? Damn) before he stands up to go look for someone who could really take Jackson's arm out of there.

While he's running, he wonders how it's possible that nobody's hanging out chatting or simply doing nothing because the lessons are too boring. There are always students around -- one of them could have seen Jackson instead of Bambam -- but unluckily there's no one today except of him.

Figures.

It takes him 15 minutes to find a janitress and tell her about the incident. When they get back to where Jackson is and the middle-aged woman is opening the machine, Bambam looks at Jackson only to find him already looking at him curiously.

Bambam flushes because goddammit, why the hell is Jackson Wang looking at him like that? He mouths,

"what?"

"Nothing."

Once free, Jackson thanks the janitress who waves dismissively, saying that she's just doing her job. She warns them not to try something like that again (Jackson rubs the back of his head, and Bambam obviously doesn't find endearing the way a guy so fit and with big tattoos and a piercing can look so adorable -- for lack of other terms, mind you -- as he stares at the woman from under his lashes sheepishly).

"I need to get back in class. I left my there." Jackson is telling him. He's playing with the black tug on his lip, pulling it slightly. Now that he's calm and not so ing insufferable, he's back to being a guy Bambam would be willing to have with 24/7 if only Jackson gave him even the slightest hint of interest. 

"O -- " Bambam croaks. He clears his throat. "Okay. No problem."

He was expecting the other to go after that, but Jackson's still there. "I yelled at you before. I was an ."

"Yes, you were." Bambam confirms, feeling like a even if it's the truth.

"Yeah -- about that, sorry. I was pissed."

Is this the same guy he was talking to 20 minutes ago? Wait -- is it the same guy most of people try to avoid because he looks and smells like troubles?

Wow. Just wow.


Bambam can't recall every single detail of the day when he flew to Seoul.

Even if he gives himself some serious time to think about it, all he can come up with is that there were a lot of tears (from his parents, especially his mother. His baby sister wasn't thrilled about him leaving -- she showed him this little sad smile before they hugged tight. His brother clapped his shoulder and told him to text him or to Skype if there were problems and "you call even if there isn't any, motherer, okay?") and that, when he landed, he felt like the loneliest person alive in a city that's just an hour, more or less, from his, but still.

With his family and friends away and bestfriend Yugyeom who was not going to be around for another two weeks, the big and bright Seoul was quite intimidating.

He immediately took a taxi, told the driver the address of the apartment near the campus where he's going to stay until the last year of college, and got welcomed by the smell of steak the moment he opened the door to what he had to start calling his new place.

That same day, he met the twins, Youngmin and Kwangmin, his housemates.

The day after, Jimin, the last tenant, joined them, and that night, he slept in Bambam's room because there was a rainstorm and 95-liner Jimin -- three years older than BamBam -- is afraid of thunders.

One year later, the little apartment feels like a second home, and Bambam looks at his roommates as extended members of his second family composed by his old friends.

Jimin is sprawled on the couch, wearing nothing but his boxers. The television is on, but Bambam knows for sure that his housemate isn't watching it.

Jimin just doesn't watch the news. He's more the cartoons and TV series guy.

"What's for lunch?" Bambam purposely screams in the guy's ear, earning a loud groan from Jimin who balls his fingers into fists and uses them to cover his head. "It's almost eleven thirty, sleepyhead." Bambam shakes his head. Pushing his friend's legs away, he makes space for himself on the couch. 

Jimin hasn't moved yet.

Bambam pokes him hard in his side. "Wake up."

"Bambaaaaaam," the guy drawls, but he lazily starts getting up. Ten seconds later, he's blinking at Bambam, half-concious half-still in dreamland. His hair is a mess, but it's fine because it's not like Jimin makes an effort to look like a decent human being -- he always looks like he's just come home from a really windy day. "Don't ya have class at this hour?" He asks slowly, voice rough.

Bambam chuckles at the other's narrowing eyes. "Don't you have class at this hour?"

"Sure," Jimin replies, scratching his head, "but you know," he shrugs, "I don't really do classes. Lessons. " He scrunches up his nose. "I learn at home and meet the teachs only on exams."

Bambam snorts. "Yes. Of course. When was the last time you actually passed o -- What the are you doing?" He bats the other's hand, disgusted.

"Ouch." Jimin hisses. He's frowning. He looks more awake now. "I was checking if my belly button was clean, Princess."

"You were smelling your finger after putting it in -- that."

Jimin archs an eyebrow. "You are such a girl sometimes."

"You're just very disgusting." Bambam counters.

Jimin makes a face. "Whatever." He stretches his arm on his left to take the remote control. Predictably, he changes channels. Spongebob. Please. "Hey, you still haven't told me why you're back so early." He yawns. "No professor?"

If not talking about it was a good choice, Bambam would just keep the part where Yugyeom told him the bad news for himself, but he's always been someone who finds comfort in having other people sympathise with him and giving him advices rather than stubbornly trying to solve everything on his own (he wouldn't be able to do it anyway).

With a sigh, he says bitterly. "Guess who's coming back from America?" 

Jimin scowls, definitely awake now. "Who could be coming ba -- ," he trails off. When his eyes widen, Bambam knows that his friend has the answer. "Mark?"

Bambam nods once.

"Ooooh, ." Jimin whispers, probably to himself. "And I guess he'll be at Peniel's birthday." He adds a second later.

It really isn't a question, but Bambam finds himself responding, " yeah."

Jiin doesn't say anything. He's just staring at Bambam with a constipated look. As if the revelation hurts him as much as it does to Bambam. "Do you think he still remembers?" He asks as he folds his legs on the couch and turns his entire body to Bambam. 

"He's been away for only a month and half. Not years, Jimin." Bambam reasons out. "I'm pretty sure he does." He grips the armrest as he swallows down.

As much as he tries not to, his mind provids him vivid images of Mark rejecting him in front of his jerk-ish friends because "I don't know what kind of fantasies you've been having in your head, but I only see you as my little brother". He can remember how they snickered at him, how two of them pushed him a little on the back --

He really hates being able to remember the littlest detail of one of the worst moment in his life so far.

"Do you know what you should do?"

Snapping back from the unwanted memory, Bambam an eyebrow. He's almost afraid to ask Jimin what, because his friend's kind of bouncing slightly on his spot in excitement and that is never a good sign.

"Please tell me you're not thinking of writing << Mark >> on an enormous tarpoulin like you did for your ex".

"Nope." Jimin says, and Bambam relaxes a bit. "But -- " He has a hand in the air. " -- what we want is still revenge."

Bambam shakes his head vehemently. "No." He states. When Jimin puts on this determined expression like he's going to argue, he repeats it more firmly, "no." As if scolding a puppy.

A puppy that doesn't follow his instructions, though.

"B-but -- " Jimin stutters. " -- Mark should know what he lost." He goes on even when Bambam stands up. "We should show him what a moron he was for letting someone as hot as you go. I was thinking about you making some changes -- a total make over!" He doesn't stop even when Bambam starts walking towards the direction of his room. He's trailing after the younger guy. "You could change your hairstyle. Maybe you could copy Justin Bieber's latest hair --"

Bambam snorts.

" -- Or you could grow a mohawk like Taeyang's -- "

"I'm going to study." Bambam lies when he's inside his room. Those are also his last words before he slams the door right in front of Jimin's face.

He even locks it.

If you want to keep your sanity intact, you do not listen to Park Jimin.

(He should have expected the twins to like Jimin's idea and he should have definitely expected their dinner to be all about trying to convince him that it is a clever solution for his problem.

Bambam will agree when hell freezes over).

-

He's only sure of a few things:

- he loves waffles;

- he should always remember to turn off his cellphone at night or he won't get to sleep because of Yugyeom and Jimin (this guy texts him even if they're living under the same roof);

- getting up early on Tuesday to Friday and on Sundays is a must do for him because he works;

- he likes watching the way the muscles of Jackson Wang's arms bulge when he's weightlifting.

Bambam didn't have time to spend thinking about how nice Jackson was yesterday (after the whole thing with the vending machine) because he was busy holding himself back from murdering his friends. 

But now that Bambam can see Jackson -- his glorious (sweaty) muscular body and his dumb rosy cheeks, he wonders what kind of person Jackson is.

At campus, Jackson's being avoided like the plague by many, even if there's no doubt that he's got a really damn nice face.

(It's because of the tattoos. Probably).

Talking about Jackson's face, when he's serious or simply has a neutral expression (which is the one Bambam thinks he has when he's walking around the campus), Jackson has his eyebrows set in a way that makes him look like he's always frowning --

"Aw! What the -- " Bambam jumps a little in shock. "Did you just pinch me?" He asks, outraged, eyes widening at Suzy.

"Stop daydreaming." The girl tells him, mockingly. "Start cleaning those tables."

-

Bambam has had his job at the Starbucks for almost 7 months and he knows most of the clients, knows who among them are regulars, knows their orders by heart.

Because he's obsessed with being healthy and all, Jackson comes to have a sad frappuccino thrice a month on Fridays, usually in the evening, when Bambam is gross because he's run from the Bio complex to the store.

Sometimes Bambam doesn't get to serve the guy because he's still changing his clothes. He just sees Jackson walk out of the store with his drink in his hand. There are times when he doesn't see him at all, and rare times when he gets to take Jackson's order (he thinks that the guy hardly knows him. Jackson always looks down at his feet. Or back. Or out. He never makes eye-contact. He always looks like he's in a hurry to get away) and he sees him put the change in the tip jar.

He's never seen Jackson Wang come to order a drink with someone. In 7 months.

7 months.

Saying that Bambam's surprised when a skinny guy with dyed white hair and a piercing on hise nose walks in the Starbucks, where Bambam works, with a hand gripping Jackson's wrist would be the statement of the century.

The guy doesn't have tattoos on his arms. Or any other part of his body visible to Bambam.

Jackson is, again, looking elsewhere, but at the front. He's rubbing the back of his neck. Just like the last time he and Bambam talked.

"Hi," he greets the two with enthusiasm.

Unfortunately only white-haired guy looks at him and replies happily. "Hello, bud."

Bambam smiles because he's a barista, a good one, and this new costumer seems friendly. "What can I prepare for you, guys?" He says the last word a little louder, but just a little. So what if he's trying kind of desperately to catch Jackson Wang's attention?

It's just that -- he's curious about Jackson, okay?

He said sorry.

Curiosity, alright?

"Uhm, a chocolate smoothie and a frappucino." Nothing. Jackson is not looking. He's playing with his phone.

"Nothing else?" Bambam asks. Maybe he's really kind of pathetic and a bit too desperate (there are a lot of people today. He should aim to finish as quickly as possible), because he adds, "don't you guys want a cheesecake brownie? We have chocolate chip cookies too. And our doughnuts and croissants are delicious, guys." God, he's an idiot. 

The white-haired guy is actually looking at the mentioned food. "I'll take one of those peppermint brownies."

"Okay." Bambam says. Don't do itDon't. "What about you?"

Jackson only looks up because his friend elbows him. At first, he looks annoyed, but when his eyes lock on Bambam's and the latter offers him his brightest smile, he blinks. 

ing finally.

"Oh." Jackson says, bug-eyed. "Hi."

Bambam resists the urge to pump his fist in the air. "Hey. So, do you want a brownie?" He asks at the same time the other questions,

"you work here?"

He should feel insulted. Or annoyed. At least a little, you know. Because he's been giving this guy his beverage for months.

But Jackson has his eyebrows almost up to his hairline, and he's pressing his forefinger on his upper lip. And then, he glances down briefly before looking again, this time with his head tilted at a side as he waits for Bambam to find his tongue back. 

Jackson's disarmingly charming.

"Yeah." Bambam stops rubbing the back of his neck when he realises he's doing it. "Been here for awhile." He informs Jackson. "Been handing you coffee for awhile." He doesn't say it in an accusatory tone.

"Oh, uhm."

Bambam smiles. "Sooo," he drawls. No awkwardness. No. No, no. "Do you want to try any of our chocolate goodies?"

"I actually can't -- "

"You can." Jackson's friend interrupts. If he hadn't said anything, Bambam would have forgotten that he was there with them. "Don't believe him -- he can eat everything, but he doesn't because he's scared a couple of calories can ruin his mini-Vin Diesel figure."

"Shut up, Namjoon."

Bambam chuckles. He's still talking to Jackson. "You can eat one of these and then, instead of spending just an hour at the gym tomorrow, you could stay for an extra fifteen minutes."

He hasn't realised what he's just blurted out until he notices the blank look Jackson is giving him.

Oops?

"How do you kno -- "

Bambam gulps. "I'm going to prepare your drinks." He turns around to escape the interrogation.

As he's getting the smoothie ready, Jun, their younger barista, complains to Bambam that Bambam took too much time with the two "with metal on their faces" and he had to serve the customers that changed queues from Bambam to his.

Jun is right.

Bambam apologises, and the kid's such an angel because, even if he's unfairingly working more, he equally takes pity on Bambam when he asks if Jun can be the one to hand the orders to Jackson Wang and NamJoon (gosh, he hopes he heard the name of Jackson's friend right) without even a question.

When Bambam finds the guts to stop hiding and look around the store, he doesn't know if he feels relieved or disappointed that the two aren't there anymore.

-

It's one of those days when nothing is going right.

First, he forgot that he had homework -- he spent last night playing videogames with Kwangmin, and disturbing a poor Youngmin who wanted to get to sleep early just because sometimes he likes to act like an old man.

Bambam remembered that he had important papers to write when it was almost 2am and he and the twins were saying good night to each others.

Needless to say that he had to finish homework. He only had one hour left before his alarm rang, signalling that he had to get ready for his job.

He got late for his lesson and for some unlucky reason (well, actually, it is because he becomes the most uncoordinated, clumsy guy when he doesn't get to close his eyes for more than 3 hours in two days), he tripped and fell, his notebooks and pens flying across the room.

Everyone -- even the teacher -- stopped doing what they were doing to turn around and stare at him. He was red as a ing tomato after picking up all his stuff from the ground.

After all those things, even looking for an empty table where he and Yugyeom can sit down and hopefully have a peaceful lunch kind of stresses him out.

He's looking out of the sea of taken tables and the more his eyes scan the area and don't find any vacant one, the more he gets irritated.

Maybe some angels have taken pity on him because Yugyeom pulls twice the collar of Bambam's shirt,

"I found a free table. Follow me."

Bambam feels a lot better once he's got his comfortably on a chair and he has his hands on his tuna sandwich (he didn't have breakfast this morning). God, he's so hungry.

But his cellphone is vibrating in the pocket of his jeans, and Bambam wouldn't mind ignoring it in favor of feeding his grumbling stomach, if it wasn't for the fact that that motherer of Jimin changed his ringing tone again -- it's Bar Bar Bar now, and before someone else who's not his best friend notices it, Bambam accepts the call.

It's a FaceTime video-call from Youngmin.

"What is it?" Bambam asks, exasperated, not waiting to see the other's face appear on the screen.

It turns out that all of his three flatmates are at home and currently calling him. He can see Youngmin's face, and half of Jimin's and half of Kwangmin's pixelated faces. 

"We made it!" The three say in chorus.

Bambam doesn't appreciate their loud voices.

"Made what?" Yugyeom asks for him, taking the iPhone from Bambam, and signing him to start eating his food.

Bambam ing loves his best friend Kim Yugyeom. The guy is the best ing best friend ever. If there was a prize for being the best ing best friend ever, Yugyeom would win it. 

He has taken a bite on his sandwich. He's about to take another one when he hears Kwangmin say,

"the plan for Saturday!" Bambam absolutely hates Jimin for telling the twins. And he hates himself more for thinking that his friend Jimin would have helped. "We elaborated this very easy, but foolproof plan. We even gave it a name -- we're geniuses, oh my god. It's called M.S.J.B."

"I don't want to know what the letters stand for." Bambam mumbles, horrified. 

Yugyeom glances at him, perplexed, before turning his focus back on the cellphone.

"Mark : Justice for Bambam!" Youngmin chirps.

"Justice." Yugyeom echoes, his lips twitching lightly.

Bambam grimaces. "I definitely do not want to know now, thank you. 'Cause the answer is still and will always be no anyway."

Someone groans -- probably Jimin because after that noise, he's the one talking.

"We're doing this for you."

Bambam reassumes eating, trying his best not to snap at his friend to just leave him alone: he really doesn't need to be bothered by stupid things like this at this moment.

"It is a perfect plan, okay? Like I told you before, you need to show him that he'd been an idiot for rejecting you. And what's better than going to the party looking fa-vo-lo-so and with a handsome boyfriend?"

"What boyfriend?" Yugyeom looks up at Bambam. "You didn't tell me you had someone."

Bambam reaches out for his Coke. "It's because I don't have anyone, man, what the hell?" He drinks quickly before turning his cellphone in his direction. He glares at the three. "No."

Jimin's pixalated lips sag down. "Why not? It took us half the day to come up with this plan. Look, I can be your fake boyfriend for a night. It will be fun. Plus, we will make Mark regret everything he said."

Bambam raises both his eyebrows. "You? As my bf? Absolutely not." He shoves his iPhone back in Yugyeom's hand. "Besides, Mark was sweet. His friends were s."

"If you don't have a problem with Mark, why don't you want to see him?" Yugyeom questions, leaning a little.

Bambam gives him his are-you-serious look. "Because it will be awkward and utterly embarassing for me!" He spits out. "I don't want to see him, okay? And those ing jerks of his friends are Peniel's friends too. I'll just try to avoid them all. Won't be hard, right? Peniel's birthday is always full of people. There's a small chance that I'll meet Mark or his friends."

"Does that mean that we thought of this plan for nothing?" Kwangmin's voice squeaks from the cellphone.

Yugyeom beams at Bambam. "So you're coming?"

Bambam is concentrating on finishing his sandwich, but he pauses just to assure his friend that sure, "duh," and then, "end the call with those trolls. I'll deal with them when I come back home."

Yugyeom complies.

They're having their desserts -- if you can call a quite disgusting white-chocolate mousse that doesn't look like a mousse at all a dessert -- when Yugyeom stops talking about how Peniel made him look for his laptop for hours, and he tells him quite seriously,

"wouldn't it be cool to not avoid Mark and show him instead that you're happy. Or that you're happy and in a relationship with a cool dude -- possibly not Jimin? After all, it's just to show him that you totally moved on. He's game over, and woah, you've got this person with you?"

"Yeah? And where is this cool dude?" Bambam retorts.

Yugyeom smiles. The er. Bambam doesn't understand if he's being fooled or if the other is actually serious. "Hire one?" He grins. 

"Idiot." Bambam pft-s. He chuckles all of a sudden. "A fake boyfriend." Ridiculous. He's just looking around, feeling at ease now.

It's then that his attention is caught by a familiar figure wearing a black snapback.

Jackson is throwing an apple, catching it, then throwing it again. Bambam can't tear his eyes off him. Jackson's not even looking at the fruit as he does the movement.

It's so ing y.

-

He's out. 

It's about 7 in the morning and Bambam is already out. He switched shifts with Suzy, telling her that he's too exhausted and that he needed to get some zzs.

Mornings in Seoul are quite cold during this period. 

As the wind blows and he rubs the sides of his body to get himself warm, he nearly feels guilty for asking Suzy that favor, but it's also true that it is not his fault if he woke up at 6 today and he couldn't fall asleep anymore.

So, that's why he dressed up and took his bag with him -- he'll have breakfast out, read his book, and then he will calmly walk to the Bio complex instead of taking the bus. 

He's just wandering out for now -- he takes his iPhone.

It's been two days since he last called home. He's going through his contacts, searching for his brother's name when someone collides against him.

Their shoulders hit each other's violently and Bambam's cellphone does a double-flip before connecting with the ground.

Bambam should be mad, but he just kind of gapes because in the attempt of not falling down like his cellphone did, he grabbed the stranger's arm.

Well, "stranger" -- he's definitely right about the Misfortune taking a break from making his life miserable. 

He's squeezing Jackson's forearm. Bare forearm. Which is a part of Jackson's bare arm. (Bambam is a big fan of sleeveless shirts. Bless whoever invented them, jeez. It's the most important invention of humanity).

Jackson is moving his mouth. He's saying something along the lines of, "it's -- you. Again. Oh, . Are you okay?"

Bambam is kind of aware that the guy is talking to him, but he's also looking at Jackson up and down because he can't help it.

Holy , Jackson's drenched in sweat even at this early hour and he's wearing ing shorts, and a ing white shirt that is attached to his abdominals like a second skin, and his hair are so ing funny, all down and sticking to his forehead. They make him look so young.

"Are you okay?"

Bambam jerks his hand from the other's arm. He bites the inside of his cheek. "Uh, yes. I'm fine." He finds himself saying. They silently stare at each other until a thought pops up in Bambam's head. "B-but my phone -- it's -- "

On the ground. Right. 

He takes it.

And it has a few scratches here and there. The chamfered part of it has a big one. Bambam uses his cellphone for a bit and it seems okay. It's a two-year-old cellphone. The scratches are not a big deal.

". . -- , , . It's broken." Jackson swears as he motions to take the iPhone from Bambam's hand, but stops himself all of a sudden. He lets his hand fall at his side. "I seriously didn't do it on purpose -- . I was jogging, and I just happened to look at -- down 'cause I thought I didn't lace one of my trainers. -- I'm so ing sorry. Is it damaged? I'll pay you, just let me go to h -- "

"No, hey, wait," Bambam cuts the other's rambling off. Without showing how his cellphone looks, he slips it in his safe pocket. "Don't worry about it, 'kay? It's survived. Everything's fine."

Jackson pushes his lips. "I saw it -- " He's abusing his poor bottom lip, gnawing on it, and then the side of his mouth where his piercing is. He stays silent for a little while before his shoulders slump down. "It -- it fell." He says, clenching his jaw. 

He smooths down his hair when Bambam keeps looking at him with no trace of anger on his face. 

Adorable -- tattoos or no tattoos, Jackson Wang is the most adorable being Bambam has ever encountered. 

"It's fine." Bambam repeats. He watches the guy start to scowl in disagreement. "But -- if you really can't forgive yourself for what happened, you can always buy me a coffee." He gives Jackson a smile.

Oh, gosh. Was that really what he said? Is he really flirting with Jackson Wang?

It seems like he is. 

"A coffee?" Jackson parrots, sounding like he doesn't believe him. 

"A coffee." Bambam echoes. He's definitely crossing his fingers and praying for a yes.

Jackson looks like he's studying him -- waiting for Bambam to say that he's just kidding and wants money to repair his cellphone. Finding nothing suspicious, he nods. "You want to take it right now?" He asks, folding his arms on his large chest. 

They're standing quite close from each other.

Bambam notices that Jackson is just a little bit -- an inch or two -- taller than him. But he's definitely bigger, muscles all over his body. He looks like a ing model (oh, well, maybe not really, since Bambam is like 5'6'' feet and the average height for a model is between 5'11'' and 6'2'' if he's not wrong). But still.

He feels his throat dry. "S-sure."

And that's how Bambam gets Jackson Wang, bad boy of their campus (but he's not. God. Why do people keep avoiding him? When the guy's not mad, he's an awkward ball of adorableness and hotness. Bambam doesn't know how to explain himself. God), to offer him a breakfast.

They choose the nearest Coffee & Bakery shop from where they're standing, and Jackson buys him a slice of a yummy carrot cake with cheese frosting in addition to a cappuccino.

"Why are you having just an orange juice?" Bambam is looking at the other's glass filled with the healthy drink with narrowing eyes. 

"I already ate." Jackson answers. He's absentmindedly caressing the wooden surface of the square table.

"Yeah. And what did you have? An energy bar? C'mon." Bambam jokes. When Jackson raises an eyebrow at him before shaking his head and looking down, a half smile crossing his face, Bambam's throat starts going dry again. 

He pushes the coming feeling aside, because -- what the ? 

He's supposed to just admire how physically beautiful the other is. Just that. Nothing else.

"Nah, strawberries and an oatmeal."

"Huh-huh."

It doesn't matter that he tells himself not to watch Jackson because he just can't stop his eyes from taking glances at the guy's face and especially at his tattoos: it's the first time he's paying attention on what is drawn on Jackson's skin.

There are four big tattoos and an indefinite number of flowers.

There's a very big dream catcher that starts on Jackson's shoulder and terminates on his forearm where he's got these three smaller identical skulls. The four bigger tattoos are in black and white while the many many flowers around all of them are colorful -- there are roses, and daises, and other flowers that Bambam can't name even if he's studying Biology (yeah, he's a fail, who cares?).

Up close, Jackson's arm kind of looks like a mess. Singularly, each tattoo is detailed and great, really great, but looking at them all together -- well, like he said: a mess.

Bambam totally digs it, though.

"So," Jackson says. Thank God. Bambam can stop being a creeper who steals glances at him every second and be afraid that he'll get caught. "You're the one who helped me with the, you know -- uhm, let's not mention that incident. Ever." He mumbles the last word. Told ya: hot and y, but very adorable too. "You're also the bartender who works at the Starbucks where I take my frappuccino some times and who's began watching me while I'm at the gym since -- ?"

Bambam's cheeks instantly color. "I -- it's not like that, okay? I don't watch you. Shut up." He lies lamely. How come he has nearly forgotten that he blurted out that to the guy? This is absolutely not how his mind should work: it should always remember episodes like this one. Always. What the hell.

"Ah, I see," Jackson says, sipping his orange juice, "so you watch others too?"

Bambam sputters. "No, no, of course not! What are you saying? I don't watch anyone."

The other looks at him, unimpressed. "And how do you know how much time I spend at the gym, mm?"

Bambam doesn't have an answer for that. He pouts down at the remaining piece of cake. He looks up only when he hears the other chuckle.

Jackson shrugs as if saying "never-mind", and he kind of smirks. Bambam feels something in the pit of his stomach twist: again, he opts not to give it importance.

"You're kind of a , ya know?" He complains, but he's actually trying hard to keep a frown on his face instead of breaking in a huge smile.

Jackson chuckles again, softly this time. "Am I?" He says, before Bambam sees him grin for the first time. Oh, Christ. "We've been talking for awhile, but neither of us has introduced himself yet. I'm Jackson Wang."

"Right!" Bambam exclaims quickly, totally faking his understanding expression. They're supposed not to know the other's name -- Bambam will not make a fool of himself again. He has this under control. He can totally act like he's not known Jackson's name since that time he asked a random girl if she could tell him who the guy was. "I'm Bambam."

"Is that your real -- "

"Bambam?!"

And no, no, no. That's Jinyoung's voice. Bambam could recognise it among a lot of other noises, but the question is: why right now?

He reluctantly turns back to greet his friend. "Hi," he simply manages. 

"Hi," Jinyoung tells him. "What are you -- ?" He doesn't finish his sentence. He keeps glancing back and forth at Bambam and at Jackson with a look on his face that Bambam can't interpret at all.

Because his mother taught him manners (even if sometimes he tends to forget them), Bambam does the best, and that's introducing Jackson to his older friend. "Jinyoung hyung, this is Jack -- " He's smiling when he rotates his head at the guy, but he gets confused as he sees how Jackson's looking at neither of them. 

The latter has his eyes firmly staring down at his own hands on the table. His shoulders are tense -- his whole body is rigid, and Bambam almost reaches out to him. His hands itch to touch Jackson and reassure him that everything's okay, even if he has no idea why Jackson's being like this.

"Jackson? Hey." Bambam mutters, confused and concered. "What's wrong?"

Jackson frowns. Bambam sees him take a breath. "Nothing. It's just that -- that my clothes reek." He adds hurriedly, "I should go home to take a shower." And that is his final words, before he's throwing Bambam an apologetic look as he stands up from his seat.

He walks out quickly from the Coffee & Bakery.

Bambam is too shocked to react.

It's Jinyoung snapping his fingers in front of his eyes that stops him from helplessly making sad eyes at the door.

"Are you with me?" 

"Yes?" Bambam responds, turning his head very slowly to his friend. It's stupid to think that Jackson will come back in a moment or another, right?

He looks across the table -- to the half full glass of orange juice. Jeez -- why the did Jackson run away like that? What is his problem? They were having a nice conversation: he did not look like he wanted to get up and run towards the door like that.

Except when --

He focuses on Jinyoung who's shifting his weight from toe to toe. He doesn't squirm under Bambam's gaze, but it's a near thing. In the end, Jinyoung just throws his hands up. "Oh, stop looking at me like that." He pleads as he takes Jackson's previous seat. He kicks Bambam in his calf. "What."

"What did you do?" Bambam asks, gritting his teeth.

"Excuse me?" Jinyoung says, pretending that he doesn't know what they're talking about. He looks affronted, though, and ready to get defensive. That makes Bambam frown at him. "I didn't do anything." He states immediately, but he's already half giving up the innocent act. He crosses his arms on the table.

"Yeah? And why did Jackson run away the moment he saw you?" Bambam snaps. It was going all so good. The guy was smiling and chuckling and his friend had to come, do something (because something totally happened) and ruin it.

When Jinyoung stubbornly refuses to admit that it's his fault, Bambam simply chooses to ignore him and to play with what's remained of his carrot cake with his fork.

They fall into a very uncomfortable silence.

Jinyoung is the one to break it. "I didn't know you liked punk-looking dudes." He says casually -- or that was what he was aiming for, but his mouth contorts a little at the end. He's making this judging face and his eyes are a mixture of horrified and worried.

It clicks.

"Oh, really? Really?" Bambam grunts, abandoning the fork. He runs a hand through his hair, tugs a few strands before quickly letting them go. "You had that ugly look on your face, didn't you?"

"Uh? What -- what." Jinyoung makes a perfect imitation of a fish. "I didn't. I'm always handsome, for your info." 

Bambam snorts.

He doesn't know what to do. He's so annoyed.

"Don't sulk." Jinyoung cooes. He touches Bambam's elbow. "No -- okay -- maybe I made a handsome look. Maybe." He says softly. Then, he does a thing that Bambam absolutely detests: Jinyoung has this ability to ape his mother's same worried expression.

To stop him, Bambam grabs a tissue, makes a ball of it and throws it straight to Jinyoung's stupid face. 

"Hey!"

Bambam grins at his now pouting friend.

It's not really news that he's not able to stay mad at the guy for more than a couple of minutes even if Jinyoung made Jackson run away. He makes a mental note to apologise to Jackson the next time he sees him.

"Was it a date?" Jinyoung asks him, like a tool.

Oh, you know, I've been ogling him for 7 months. For a second, Bambam somewhat gets allured into saying that yes, it was, but no -- what the actual . It wasn't. It was just him kind of forcing Jackson to offer him breakfast because Jackson nearly broke his cellphone. Nothing more than that.

"No, he just owed me, and this,"  he waves at his plate and the glasses, "was the payment."

Jinyoung doesn't look like he's believing him. "Yes? Because I saw you acting like this," he bats his eyelashes. Gross. Bambam has never done that to anyone, "and it tells another story, ya know."

"Don't be a moron," Bambam mutters to his lap. "Besides, I don't even like him." To which is mind -- traitor mind -- screams "liar!", but this could get Jinyoung to shut up about this matter. For now.

Hopefully.

"He's -- Jackson?" Jinyoung says. At Bambam's single nod, he proceeds, "Jackson's certainly, uhm, got, uh, charms?" He shoots Bambam a look.

Neutral answers are the key. "He's not that ugly, yeah --"

"Not that ugly?" Jinyoung parrots, surprising the other. "Now, that is bull. The kid looks bangable, a'right? I looked at him for awhile before, you know -- It's just that -- he looks like a ing -star with --" He stretches his arm up, making weird gestures at it. " -- His tattoed arm and his ing brown hair. Do we even know where those tattoos end?" He asks, grimacing again. "And, and, and the piercing on his mouth!"

Bambam stares. He blinks. "What kind of ing do you watch?"

Gay guys with tattoos having fun. It sounds like something Bambam will enjoy watching. 

"Which site?" Bambam asks, actually very interested. "hub? , or are you a client of one of those sites where you have to pay to watch their videos?"

There's nothing wrong with exchanging informations. He and Jimin and the twins do it -- it's time to include Jinyoung as well. He definitely must become a member of their little club after what he said.

But Jinyoung narrows his eyes at him. "I'll pretend that I didn't hear anything, Kunpimook Bhuwakul. Just know that I'm very disappointed in you." And here he goes again with the motherly tone and face.

Bambam rolls his eyes. "As if you're a saint." He huffs. "You and Jaebum -- frick frack?" He teases, laughing out loud at the horror look of the other. Serves him right for what he did earlier to Jackson.

It is his turn to groan when Jinyoung completely changes topic, 

"Anyway, Yugyeom told me about your flatmates' plan for Saturday. We talked about it and we think that it's not a really bad plan."

"Yugyeom -- he didn't. He -- look, no. No, no, no, no, no!" Bambam takes a few calming breaths. "No."

-

Youngmin and Kwangmin adopt a kitty that same evening.

There's no no animal rules in the apartment.

The old woman who lives upstairs has a small dog and he's pretty sure that he saw the other student girl with a black and white ferret the other day.

The kitty is staying in the twins' shared room since a) they are the ones who want the pet (even if Jimin claims to be the third daddy), b) their room is the biggest (the size of Bambam and Jimin's rooms together are smaller than theirs, but it's okay since there are two of them) and c) the kitty seems to love scratching and biting every ing thing.

"Flower and I -- ," Jimin starts. He is hugging the kitty, swaying him lightly back and forth like a baby. Bambam would say that they look cute, if he didn't know what were the next words exiting the guy's mouth. " -- we think you should accept to follow the MSRB, because -- "

Bambam closes his eyes. When he re-opens them, he says, "fine."

" -- we think it's -- " Jimin gapes. "Are you serious?"

Youngmin and Kwangmin pause their Mario Kart match just to mimic Jimin.

Everyone (his three mates, his best friend, Jinyoung, and then later Jaebum. And even Youngjae texted him) has spent the last few days trying to make him agree. Bambam's saying "yes" because he doesn't think he'll be able to go on for other two days hearing the same things again and again.

Apparently they all think that Bambam should look fa-vo-lo-so ("It's Italiano!" Jimin exclaimed. Since when that idiot knows Italian by the way?) and with a lover.

It's Stupid, capital S.

But Bambam can't handle this anymore.

He has limits too.

Look, his head might explode if he hears "plan" and "Saturday" and "because Mark " in the same sentence for another time. He's fed up.

He's giving up. 

This can't possibly go worse, right? 

"Well, great!" Youngmin high-fives his brother and Jimin. "Because we know who could be your fake boyfriend for one night!"

Oh, right.

his life.

-

"Jackson!"

Said guy removes an earbud when he sees Bambam running in his direction. He looks amused. His lips quirk up when Bambam quits on panting and he straights up his spine, almost on the same eye-level of Jackson if it weren't for the little difference between their heights. 

"You need to practice more." Jackson jokes. He's got this smug look on his face. What a .

Bambam likes it so much it hurts.

" off." He replies with a smile. He smiles some more because he just can't seem to stop, okay? Then, he's explaining Jackson why he's standing in front of him at the gates. "I'm sorry for what happened with my friend -- Jinyoung hyung. When we had coffee. He's very sorry too."

Because Jinyoung is sorry. He better be sorry, or Bambam'll tell Jaebum, the overly jealous boyfriend, that he complimented the features of another person. 

Jackson stuffs his hands in the pockets of his grey sweatpants. "Is he?" He says with a small shrug. "It's okay. I'm used to those looks. If someone should say sorry, that's me. For storming out of the bakery like that."

And that elicits a broken noise from Bambam because, because.

"Don't. Don't say sorry because you shouldn't be. Those people," he's saying before he can bite his tongue and suppress the sudden building anger, "they're ing s. Who they think they are to judge you? You -- you're good." He hopes the other can see that he's being 100% honest.

Jackson looks stunned. "Thanks," he flutters his eyelashes twice in disbelief. He chuckles softly, "wow, thanks. It actually feels like you really mean it." His eyes crinkle.

He's so ing beautiful.

"I do." Bambam says earnestly, swallowing. "Even if you threw a ing shoe at me."

That makes Jackson laugh. He throws his head back, revealing two rows of white teeth. "You deserved it, er."

Bambam grins.

-

Never ever, like never ever ever, trust your friends.

Or at least, not when you know that their advices will just make you want to cry.

You're going to hear this a lot: Bambam's life would be a lot easier, if he found better friends.

-

"What's wrong with Taehyung?" Jimin inquires.

Bambam can't believe that he's really got asked that. "Well, nothing," he spits out, "if it wasn't for the fact that the one time I talked to him, he kept asking me weird questions about aliens, and if I think fishes can't see water because humans can't see air and like that."

"It's because Taehyung has a big imagination!" Jimmin defends his classmate. "Creativity -- he even nicknamed himself V. That's sooo cool." 

"No, it's not." Youngjae deadpans. "He just picked a letter from the alphabet and proclaimed it his new nick. I could do that too -- from now on, call me A. Does this make me cool? Not at all." It doesn't really make sense, but Bambam sort of agrees with him.

"Ow, ow, ow," Youngmin is raising his hand as if he was back in elementary and he needed a permission to talk. He's got the kitty tucked under his other arm protectively, "what about Jongup? He's a stud -- tall, tanned, muscular -- "

"Fit." Jinyoung says, giving Bambam a look. The latter scoffs.

"I prefer someone that I already know."

Jaebum rises an eyebrow. "Wouldn't it be better if it was a stranger instead? What if things get awkward afterwards? If it's someone you don't know, you won't see him again after Saturday. Easier road."

"No," Bambam clucks his tongue, "I wouldn't feel at ease with a person I never talked to before. I don't want to feel uncomfortable on Saturday, you see."

"Ah," is Jaebum's response.

"Why don't you just go with Jimin?" Kwangmin asks, genuinely confused. "You know him -- "

"I know him too well. I know almost everything about him and I know he will make a terrible fake boyfriend." Bambam shudders just by thinking about it.

Yugyeom, who's on the couch next to him, giggles in delight. They bump fists when an insulted Jimin throws fries at them.

"What about Ren?"

Bambam wrinkles his nose. "Barbies aren't my type."

"Henry?"

"Henry Lau?"

Jaebum confirms, "yup. He plays the violin. And the piano."

"His nostrils look like hearts." Bambam pushes his lips and shakes his head.

Yugyeom nudges him. "What about your biology buddy? The guy that lends you notes?"

"Maru?" Bambam widens his eyes. "What -- noooo. He's got a senior boyfriend who did Taekwondo when he was in Australia."

"Oh, oh, oh, Jongin!" Jinyoung suggests, making a victory sign, but deflating when Jaebum tells him that he's dating too. "Really?"

"Yes, love. He goes out with the small guy with big eyes who works part-time at the perfume store at the mall."

They go on and on for hours. It's almost eleven and Yugyeom is snoring, drooling on Bambam's shoulder, phone blinking as Yerin keeps sending him texts.

"Amber?" Jimin asks around a yawn.

Bambam feels a little bad when he says, "she's a girl."

"But she looks like a boy!" Youngjae says irritably.

"You know, Bam," Jaebum is talking with his voice the minimum volume because he's petting a sleeping Jinyoung who has his head on his lap, "you're too damn picky."

"So, can I go to the party with just my happy self?" He asks, hopeful. 

The still awake guys answer him with a chorus of,

"no."

-

All Bambam's life, his mom has told him that asking for somebody's help is definitely not a sign of weakness.

It is, in fact, just humans searching for others to count on -- it means you're aware that you can't do it alone and that's alright. Having people who help you makes you feel loved. Which is a big bonus.

Bambam has always done that. Ask for help. He does it even when he shouldn't.

However, he knows that when other people can't help him, he's got to roll his sleeves up and try to do it on his own.

He's got to clarify that he wouldn't be looking for someone to be his fake partner for Peniel's birthday if his friends didn't make him promise that he would have done it when he asked them if they could all go to rest because his eyes were starting to burn.

Bambam is not someone who breaks promises. He doesn't do that -- when he makes one, a promise, it's because he can keep it.

He can totally find a man for Saturday -- actually, he already has one in mind. Has thought of this person before the guys started blurting out name after name.

The only reason why he didn't bring Jackson up (yes, Jackson Wang, the tattooed Zeus. Him. If you have a problem with that, take it with you when you off. Bambam ain't got time to convince you that Jackson's a good choice) is because he doesn't know if the guy will accept.

Bambam's prepared a speech. For, you know, Jackson. In order to persuade Jackson into helping him.

He's got banana cupcakes -- he especially asked Donghae, their pastry chef, to make some for him ("They're not for me." Bambam went red. "They're for a -- friend." He totally flipped off his other co-workers that whistled at him. "It's a friend, okay? you all").

"Hey, Jun," he calls the younger guy, "do you think you can cover me for five-ten minutes? I just have to -- " He points to the pastries that he'd put in a plastic bag.

Jun gives him a wolfy grin. "You trying to woo your man with cakes? That's sweet." He laughs at his own joke because he's a dork. 

Bambam rolls his eyes. He takes the bag. "Can you do it?" There are only a few people at the Starbucks right now. He doubts that they will magically become forty or fifty in the short amount of time he'll be out. "I already asked Suzy and Victoria. They said it's okay. I need you to be okay with this too?"

"Of course I am, hyung!" Jun pats him hard on the back. Then, he's leaning forward cospiratorially. "It's the guy with the earring on his mouth, right? Don't think we haven't noticed how your pupils get bigger everytime he's working out in the gym. It's about time you man up and ask him out. Do ya know that the new girl, Sunny, has been eyeing him too?"

Bambam chokes on his own saliva.

"I'm so freaking proud of you, hyung!" Jun shouts. He is ing clapping his hands as Bambam makes a beeline for the exit.

Bambam feels so little and more terrified when the others, plus some clients, join the kid's celebration.

He's surrounded by crazy people.

Bambam's heartbeats are like 400 per second the moment he steps inside the gym.

He's hit with the intense smell of sweat and the nice sight of girls and boys training. He's out of his element -- he's never worked out to gain muscles. Never run. He's born with a normal body: he's not skinny. He's got the average amount of fat. He thinks.

It's his first time coming here, but he's able to spot a figure wearing only black clothes running on a treadmill. Well, jogging is not enough for someone.

Bambam walks with his head bowed until he's next to Jackson. He clears his throat when he feels that he's been ignored enough.

He has this warm feeling spreading all over his chest when Jackson sees him, makes a surprised face (Bambam is the one who's put it there. Adorable) and then immediately recovers. And with "recovers", he means that Jackson lights up, cracking a smile at him.

Bambam wants him to say that he will be his boyfriend for a night a lot.

"Oh, Bambam!" Jackson hops off the treadmill. He bends down just to take a bottle of water on the ground. "I was about to ask you if you finally decided to exercise a little, but you're on your working robes." He says, scratching the skin where he's got the big dream catcher. "What brought you here?"

"Err."

Bambam doesn't forget that he's got a speech.

But -- but now that he has Jackson just two-three steps from him, and he is rehearsing every word in his head, it sounds so ing dumb. The Mark : Revenge for Bambam is pure . And -- and Bambam has the worst friends ever because it's basically their fault if he's going to reveal their absurb plan to Jackson.

As he's predicted, Jackson has a very pinched look after Bambam has narrated him everything. Bambam's actually kind of glad that the other finds it a ridiculous and weird idea: it means that Jackson is sane.

Definitely not like Bambam's friends.

"A fake," Jackson blinks three times. He's like a lost puppy. It's his sweaty hair all down -- they make him look so so so cute, "boyfriend?

Bambam kicks an invisible stone. "Yes." He murmurs with a nod.

Jackson looks impossibly more pained. "Are you stupid?" He says flatly.

Bambam deflates for a second. A second later, he's protesting, "it didn't come from me, okay? It's my friends' plan."

"But you agreed." Jackson points out. "So I'm asking again: are you stupid?" He drawls, and woah, he's a total douche right now, but Bambam still approves with the intensity of a million suns.

Which makes him wonder if he should stop whatever makes him think these things about Jackson.

"I was -- forced. To agree." Bambam will strangle those ing guys, starting from Jimin because if it wasn't for him, all of this wouldn't be happening.

Jackson involuntarily (or not) flexes his muscles when he folds his arms. He's giving Bambam a doubtful look.

"If I say that I have organic cupcakes with me, will you accept?"

"Orga -- "

"Oooooh, so you two really know each other." They both turn their heads to see a grinning Namjoon (is it Namjoon? Bambam is not sure), the white-haired friend of Jackson, approach them. 

First Jinyoung, and now this maybe-Namjoon-guy. The universe must really hate when Bambam and Jackson have a conversation.

Though, this time Bambam isn't displeased with the interruption.

"Hullo, bud." Namjoon (look, it's Namjoon for now. When Bambam finds out the real name of the guy, he'll change it) tells Jackson. They do this fraternity salute with handshakes and all. "Nice to meet you too, bartender." He smiles at Bambam, showing his dimples. Really friendly.

"Hello." Bambam mirrors the smile.

"His name is Bambam," Jackson supplies, the "not bartender" even if not spoken outloud is there too.

Bambam's smile becomes huge.

Namjoon chuckles. "Nice to meet you, Bambam." He emphasizes, but he's still looking at Jackson, giving him this small smirk until his friend whacks him on the head with the bottle of water.

"You're so violent!" Namjoon laments dramatically. "Isn't he violent?" He asks Bambam who just shrugs and makes apologetic eyes.

The right adjective is "y", in his opinion.

"Whatever." Namjoon dismisses, rolling his eyes. This guy actually reminds Bambam someone -- the way he acts so carelessly. The friendliness.

God. It's Jimin

"What are you doing here, Namjoon?" Jackson asks.

Ten points to Bambam for guessing (kinda) right the guy's name.

"Do you have to sound like you have a stick up your ? Show me your love for having me around, ." Namjoon accuses which earns him first a glare from Jackson, and then an exasperated sigh. "I'm here because I missed my best bud." He shows his teeth -- not smiling. He just opens his mouth and reveals his teeth.

He's so ing hilarious.

Bambam laughs.

Namjoon points at him. "Someone who appreciates me," he pretends to sniff, "I'm touched."

"Don't encourage him." Jackson pleads, tugging Bambam's green Starbucks shirt.

The latter doesn't reply.

Maybe Bambam should tell Jackson not to ask him things with that tone because Bambam wouldn't find the heart to say no, even if Jackson asked him, like, the stars.

Bambam can totally see himself asking the NASA if it's possible to bring the Ursa Major on the Earth -- "It's for -- a friend," he would say.

"No, keep on being on my side, bartender Bambam." Namjoon says with a teasing smile. Then, as if sensing danger, he quickly wipes off the expression from his face. "How did you two meet?" He asks conversationally. "Because you knew each other before, right? Before the frappucino and bla bla bla, right?" He blabbers.

"Uhm." Bambam hesitates because Jackson, next to him, becomes livid.

"So?" Namjoon prompts. "Buddy here won't tell me."

It's understandable. Saying that he got his arm stuck in a vending machine to a blabbermouth like Namjoon means being laughed at wherever he goes because Namjoon will probably say it whenever the memory crosses his mind.

Bambam knows how it feels to have someone like that in your life.

"We -- "

"Please, don't." Jackson cuts him off. "I'll do whatever you want, just -- don't tell him."

And ookay? Bambam was going to invent like they meet at the campus sometimes -- which is true, by the way. Not . Anyway, the point is, Jackson has agreed, hasn't he?

Like, ing cheers.

"Whatever I want."

Jackson inhales and exhales. "You have my word." He pronounces. "Deal?"

"I don't like how you two are trying not to include me." Namjoon meddles, narrowing his eyes at them. "I find it so rude."

Bambam has eyes only for Jackson. "Deal." He grins. "Here are your banana cupcakes."

-

"You're not saying that you found someone just because, are you?" Jimin squints his eyes suspiciously at Bambam.

Bambam sticks his tongue out petulantly. "Nope. I really do have someone."

-

He's in the middle of frantically changing his shirt to something he hopes makes him look -- good.

Or, just not so bad when he will be standing next to Jackson.

Bambam knows that he has to dress better than when he went out with his ex boyfriends slash old dates slash occasional one-night stands because Jackson is actually 101% more handsome than all of them put together.

He's got a mountain of clothes on his bed -- all of his, the twins' and Jimin's coolest outfits there. 

"You look the best when you're wearing the red shirt with the V neck." Kwangmin comments, dragging his eyes up and down Bambam's figure.

Bambam looks at his reflection in the mirror.

"This green shirt just isn't for you." Youngmin adds. He tilts his head at a side. "The black skinny jeans are perfect, though. Nice . I like it even if I'm rooting for the straight team."

"Thanks." Bambam says.

And so he changes shirt again. Back to the red one. Quickly.

Because when he told Jackson his address, he also told him that the party starts at 10.30 pm, but he's got to show at Bambam's place an hour before.

He doesn't know if Jackson's the punctual type of guy -- it's 9.20 pm. He's quite panicking because he doesn't want to be caught not having chosen what to wear after almost an hour. Bambam's not a girl, for 's sake.

This is a new -- experience for him. The longest time he took to dress was fifteen minutes because he bought new shoes and they kind of hurt his feet, so he had to look for old, but not looking-old (I hope you get what he means) shoes.

It doesn't make him feel less anxious the fact that he's already wearing his Timberlands.

9.25 pm.

They are all ready. Jimin and the twins took less than ten minutes and they obviously mocked Bambam for taking so long, those motherers. Bambam is completely dressed too. He's even put on the silver necklace that he only uses on special occasions. And the 4000 US dollars Rolex that his brother and his sister gave him for his 17th birthday.

He's sitting on the couch. Kwangmin is too, playing with Flower.

Jimin and Youngmin are on the carpet. They're watching a dumb korean drama. 

"Did Yugyeom tell you that Mark has -- " 

"Yes. Yes." Bambam doesn't even know who's talking, and let alone, what he's going to talk about. He doesn't care. He doesn't want to talk about Mark right now. He has his mind preoccupied with another person -- he doesn't have space for old silly crushes.

He doesn't give a .

Well, a little actually, considering that if he thought -- like he stopped thinking about Jackson (which is not happening so it's okay) right now, and start thinking about Mark, he'd feel very troubled.

Damn Jackson Wang. Screw him for saying yes to Bambam.

He's not checking his watch every now and then.

. He's not.

No one's got proofs anyway. Not that Bambam is really doing it. Not at all. But for some reason (guys, shut up, okay?) he knows that their doorbell rings at exactly 9.33 pm, and he gulps down all the saliva he has in his mouth.

Bambam doesn't get to wait for Jackson at the door because ing Jimin -- like the ing kid he is. Who's a 95-liner? Pft. Not Park Jimin -- gets up and he pushes Bambam back on the couch, exclaiming,

"who'll get at the door first?"

"What the f -- he's my guest!" 

His protest falls to deaf ears. Figures.

Bambam's tapping his foot on the floor while he's waiting for Jackson to --

"Good evening." 

Bambam doesn't make a little noise when he hears that.

Who the hell says "good evening" to a bunch of guys? You say hi, hello, hey, what's up. Not "good evening". Not even his dad says good ing evening to his friends.

(Hearing it make Bambam's lungs feel so full, and his hands sweaty).

Jackson is getting ushered inside their flat by Jimin.

When Jackson and Bambam's stares meet, Jackson puts a hand on his nape. And Bambam knows he's rubbing it. "Hey, you look good." He says, tilting his head.

Excuse me? You are the one looking good. Bambam would like to retort, but he doesn't know why he can't say it aloud. He won't kid -- he was expecting Jackson to look hot. His eyes were prepared to drop from their sockets at the sight.

But he definitely was not ready for the jumble of emotions in his chest. 

Jackson is wearing a polo-shirt. A black one -- Bambam suspects that the guy has an entire wardrobe of black and grey clothes (and some white shirts just for them to cling on his abs when he's sweaty). He swears that he really thinks Jackson doesn't do colors, except for the small tattoos on his arm. And blackish blue -- his jeans are blackish blue and super ing skinny. The more Bambam stares at those jeans stretching on Jackson's thighs, the more his body reacts inappropriately.

He mentally admonishes himself.

It's not like Jackson's got fancier clothes than Bambam, after all.

It's just that he's so motherin' good-looking.

And who the hell told him to gel his hair like the son of the boss of the mafia? Slicked back hair partnered with that face and that body are illegal somewhere on this planet. Bambam would bet on it.

He's not the only one who's admiring Jackson, though.

Jimin has his jaw dropped and his pointing at Jackson, who's standing a few steps in front of him, with both his forefingers  -- Jackson's got his back facing Bambam's friend, fortunately. Jimin's mouthing, "OH MY GOOOOD. TATTOOOOOOOOOS. Y GOOOOD," and then, he stops indicating Jackson and he brings his finger first to Bambam, then back to Jackson, and then -- he closes his hand in a fist, putting it by his mouth while his tongue pushes at his cheek. Mimicking .

Oh, Christ.

Bambam coughs. "Please, sit down." His voice comes out breathy. No one points it out, so he doesn't let himself feel weird about it.

Jackson flops himself down on the couch, and he's a massive dork, okay? An adorable, full of cuteness when he's not this walking "-god", dork because he offers his hand for a manly handshake to the twins. Bambam wonders if he did that to Jimin as well -- definitely.

"You said you were going to tell me our -- story?" He asks once he's done introducing himself to Bambam's flatmates. Who seem to like him instantly, unlike Jinyoung that had to go all judging full force.

"Yes, that's right." Bambam moves. He positions himself in front of the TV -- no one complains, so it's okay. He doesn't wait to get asked twice. "Uhm, so we're not taking the same course -- I'm a Biologist, by the way. Or, that's what I want to do. Anyway, we met at college. We just bumped into each other and I asked you out when I saw you again? I know it's cliché, but it's kinda believable, isn't it? My friends Jinyoung and Jaebum met like that." He's looking at his hands rather than Jackson. It feels easier this way. "Uhm, we've been dating for a couple of weeks -- three, is that okay with you? Or, do you feel that a month sounds better? I can -- "

"Bambam." Youngmin calls him, voice low. He's kicked the other in the calf.

Bambam looks at him. Youngmin nods with his head towards the couch where Jackson looks like he's having lots of fun. 

He's got Flower on his forearm. The kitty is purring as Jackson's curled to look down at her, to scratch at one of her little paws. When he moves his finger to the kitty's mouth and she it without any hesitation, he cooes. "Look at you."

Bambam gets a tingle low in his belly. 

He doesn't even mind that Jackson's not been listening for God knows how much time. He doesn't mind repeating the whole thing.

Jackson suddenly looks up. "Oh," he says sheepishly, "sorry, I got a bit distracted, I -- "

"No, no, don't worry." Jimin tells him. "Please, keep playing with our Flower." He has a really embarassing look on his face, but Bambam doesn't call him out for that because he's probably showing the same expression.

In short, he's ed.

-

"Are you guys sure you don't want to come with us?" Jackson asks. "I can drive you all."

"Nah, a friend of us is coming to pick us up." Youngmin declines politely. 

Jimin nods, confirming. "Yeah, exactly." He makes a shooing sign with his hands. "Drive safe. He doesn't have a curfew, but treat him well. I don't know where you live, but I can totally find out." Because he's extremely silly, he points two fingers at his eyes and then to Jackson in an "I'm watching you" gesture while flashing his biggest smile.

Bambam has never known it would come the day he'd feel so bad to know someone.

Thankfully, Jackson pats the guy's cheek affectionately (Jimin has this effect on people. If he really likes them, he acts like the cute adorable angel that he's not and the others fall into the trap. Bambam will warn Jackson about this). "We will see each other at the party, won't we?"

Jimin's mouth forms an "o". "Yes." He answers, thoughtful. "Then I guess that I'll threaten you again later when you'll take my friend home."

Bambam can't be mad for Jimin when the latter is actually just looking after him, even if he's the biggest idiot in the history of idiots. 

Their goodbyes stretch for maybe too much time. 

It's so hard not to be impressed when the y son-of-Mafia opens the door of an Audi convertible. The entire scene looks like the set of a commercial.

"." Bambam breathes out.

"Will you like to get in?" Jackson asks with a cocky smirk on his lips. 

Bambam doesn't wait any longer.

When he's buckled his seatbelt, he inhales deep because expansive air, oh my god. He cuts off his odd behavior as immediately as he hears Jackson chuckle. He doesn't need to turn and look to know that it's him that has elicited that reaction from the other.

They take off.

There's a comfortable silence inside the car, interrupted by Jackson occasionally drumming his fingers on the steel.

"You really like my baby, don't you?" Jackson asks him when they're waiting for a traffic lights to turn green.

Bambam honestly blurts out. "Do you lack in confidence or ego, or whatever?" He has at least the decency to blush slightly when he explains, "because your car really screams compensation, dude."

"Thanks, dude," Jackson's eyes crinkle at the side, "I am not lacking in anything as far as I know." His jokes are so horrible -- ing lame. But does he have a really gorgeous face. It's so unfair that Jackson got to have been born with those looks and money.

"Rich hotshot." Bambam says. It was supposed to be only a thought, but his mouth is not cooperating tonight. This is a big problem.

Jackson glances at him sidelong. "Just my parents. And my brother. Me?" He indicates himself with a thumb. "Not -- yet."

This is the first time they're talking about personal stuff.

Bambam catalogues the pieces of information as important.

He isn't a fortune-teller, he can't say if they will stay in touch after the party, but he really hope they will. They can take breakfasts together some times, or talk at uni, have lunch together with Yugyeom, play games with Flower and Youngmin at the apartment, or simply spend the night with them playing videogames. 

He feels so much as his eyes stay glued to Jackson's profile. He wants all of the things he mentioned above. All of them.

"Which course are you taking?"

Jackson half smiles. "You're going to be so surprised."

Bambam raises an eyebrow. "Law?"

"No." Jackson grimaces. 

"Why are you making that face, you ?" Bambam says with no heat. He giggles at Jackson's wrinkled forehead.

"My brother took law. Just like my dad did. It's a hard that requires knowing too many things that I'm barely interested at." Jackson shares. He pauses to shake his head. "I'm taking Medicine."

"Really?!" Bambam exclaims, eyes twice their size.

Jackson throws his head back for a second, laughing. "What? I actually am doing good, ya know." He says rather smugly, still in between laughs. "Even if I'm two years older than all of the other students."

"You -- uhm, had to repeat two years at high school?" Bambam asks.

Actually, they should revise their "love story" -- because Jackson might have not understood some parts. But what they are doing right now is fun and Bambam wants to get to know Jackson better. If you look at a certain point of view, this might be useful later too. Maybe.

"Nu-huh. I bet my grades were better than yours." Jackson says, smirking a little. What a douche. "My brother -- Hyukjae. The lawyer. He moved in the US after taking his degree. Found lots of clients. He's living a really nice life. If you think my baby here is fabulous -- which she is, by the way -- you should see my bro's car. A ing red Alpharomeo. Lovely." He comments dreamily. "So, after my valedictorian speech, hyung told me that he talked to our parents and that I could spend my vacation with him in the States while thinking about what I wanted to do with my life. I guess, they didn't think it would have taken me two years to figure it out."

Bambam blinks. "Wow. Oh, wow." That's almost unbelievable.

"Yeah, I know, right?" Jackson is now biting on his thumb, a single hand on the steel. (If Bambam wasn't preoccupied on how to stop gawking at the guy, he'd have told the latter to use both of his hands because it's dangerous not to). There's an abrupt quietness in the car that lasts until Jackson lets go of his finger. "People think that I'm going to assault them just 'cause I love tattoos and piercings and other , but I'm good. Really." He tells Bambam. He's wearing this smile, tight and forced, his eyes searching. 

Not expecting that -- intimate, it feels like the other has told him a really big secret. Bambam feels lost for a few seconds. 

"Yeah. I told you. I only doubted it when you threw your shoe at me," is his reply.

Jackson doesn't answer at that, but Bambam can't help glancing at him. The guy's eyes turn into half-moons and his lips are going up.

He spends the rest of the ride looking out of the window, and stealing secret looks at Jackson because he can't really prevent himself from doing it.

At some point, Jackson turns on the radio: he's so ing ridiculous because he stops on Bryan Adam's Heaven, and if that's not enough, Jackson knows perfectly the lyrics of the song.

If Bambam is enjoying Jackson singing and humming Heaven too much, nobody will ever find it out.

-

The house is full of people.

It's like the whole population of Seoul is there for the eldest son of the Kims' birthday.

Bambam has been to the parties thrown by the two siblings almost every year. They are always fun, the music is fantastic because there's always a DJ. The difference between the old ones and the past year and this year parties is that Yugyeom and Peniel have been living together on their own for the last two years, meaning that the presence of alcohol in the house has increased greatly from when they were still under their parents' roof.

Peniel was so wasted on his last birthday that his headache and stomachache went on for three days. He had to get an appointment to a doctor, and got some medicines. Bambam had to assist him under Yugyeom's pleads because a sick Peniel is a Peniel that Yugyeom doesn't want to have to deal with alone. 

There are so many people dancing with drinks in the garden too. There are definitely more inside. Bambam can tell.

"Seems nice." Jackson whispers in Bambam's right ear, sending a pleasurable shiver down Bambam's spine.

It takes a lot for Bambam to manage a small smile as when he turns back, he's exactly just a few inches from Jackson's face -- he can see his own reflection in the other's eyes. A situation like this could make an average person lose consciousness, he thinks, because God, Jackson is so handsome, or worse lose their minds and lean in to have more physical contact which is a no because Bambam doesn't want to scare Jackson off.

Talking about physical contact -- they're not even touching, but Bambam can feel Jackson's warmth due to the small distance between them.

Jackson tips his head on the left, looking at Bambam. "Shall we go?" He asks, and oh, who the hell gave this guy the ability to be so charming with the smallest move?

Bambam his upper lip nervously. "Sure." He shoots a questioning look at Jackson when he feels a hand slip aroud his waist.

"I'm your boyfriend from now till the end of the party, am I not?" Jackson archs a perfect eyebrow. (Okay, fine, Bambam uses perfect a lot when he talks about the other, but can you blame him? Is he not right? Try to answer. Bambam is 100% certain that his and your answers will be the same, so).

"Right." Bambam nods dumbly. "Boyfriend. M-my boyfriend." He stammers. To cover how much of a moron he is, he shuts his mouth until they are in the Kims' house.

The song that is playing is incredible.

It's a remix of some mashup -- and you can say everything about Peniel, but one thing he's absolutely magic about is choosing ing-tastic DJs.  Sometimes he doesn't even need to pay them, because Peniel has some friends who can totally play with the speed of the song or other crap Bambam doesn't have a ing clue about what they are. He just knows that they make great beats.

As he slips through dancing and drinking (and drunk already) bodies, Bambam feels Jackson's palm warmer and warmer through the fabric of his shirt. "It's really hot in here," he mutters, wiping his brow. He stops when he finally can see the tables where the drinks are. Jackson's body is behind his, a hard block. "Let's get some booze?" He shouts.

He doesn't hear Jackson's yes. It's more like Bambam reads his lips -- lips

No. Stop. Beer. Vodka. Alcohol. He needs drinks.

It's a lot more difficult trying to arrive at the tables because there are more drunk people swaying there than sober ones just messing around.

Bambam keeps getting pushed.

When a guy crashes against his shoulder, he involuntarily steps on someone's foot. Trust Bambam luck -- he gulps visibly when the guy he hurt, not on purpose, looks like he wants to split Bambam's leg in two.

"Motherer, d'ya watch where -- " The guy is screaming.

"I didn't do -- "

Jackson is in front of him, shielding him. When the hell did he have the time to move?

"What's the problem, man?" Bambam hears Jackson ask. He doesn't perceive if it's an angry tone or just a normal one, but when he peers from Jackson's shoulder, the guy is getting embraced from the back by a girl who's trying, and failing, to make him back down.

Getting involved in a fight, or getting Jackson involved in a fight (that he'd easily win. Though, Bambam has this sensation that Jackson would not hit a drunk- even if we're talking about a ing ) wasn't really part of Bambam's gonna-have-fun night.

By instinct, he grabs a handful of Jackson's shirt when the drunk guy manages to get himself free from the hold.

Bambam is holding tight on Jackson -- because he's actually preparing for the worst, but thankfully, some of the guy's friends come to take care of him. They say sorry for their friend's behavior (or at least that's what Bambam interpret from them bowing their heads to him and Jackson).

"That was close." He murmurs. His heartbeats are going crazy -- so crazy that he doesn't register leaning on Jackson's back until he feels a caress on the back of his head, and he looks up.

"You okay?" Jackson breathes right to Bambam's face. He smells nice -- he's got a really good taste in cologne. This makes up for the sad colors of his clothes, more or less.

"Uhm."

Jackson gives him an inscrutable look. Slowly, a smile stretches on his features. And then --then -- then, he's taking Bambam's hand. He's holding it gently. "You wanted a beer, right?"

Bambam doesn't have the capacity to reply because he can barely breathe. He blushes all the way to the drinks, and even when Jackson's handing him a can, he keeps getting only redder because his hand is still in Jackson's.

He drinks his beer in no more than six gulps.

It occurs to him when he's using the back of his hand to wipe his wet lips that maybe -- no, surely, Jackson is doing this just because they have a ing deal.

He gets a bit bitter after the realisation.

So, he takes another can.

He's opened it when it gets taken away from him.

Jackson has it. He puts it back on the table where Bambam took it. "Is that how you usually are at parties?" He asks, and he's too close, goddammit. "You're drinking too fast, and we haven't even seen Jimin and the twins yet." He reasons out.

Bambam could say that he holds alcohol just fine. He can take 5 beers and feels only slightly off balance when he walks, but be still functioning. Instead, he concedes, "oh, you're right."

He's just thought that it is not Jackson's fault that he is apparently a good fake boyfriend, and it's only Bambam being a weak if he's getting affected by all of this. Why is Jackson so -- urgh.

Urgh? Urgh. I am such an eloquent speaker. A total poet. He should consider taking Literature so that he could study poems and since he's sooo good with adjectives and words.

God, he has so much sarcasm in his body he could feed the entire world with it.

They wander in the house -- making their way through the many people, and trying their best to find Bambam's flatmates and,

"Oh, God! Yugyeom!"

Jackson bumps on his back, almost sending Bambam to a group of dancing girls. Fortunately, Jackson circles him in a sort of hug to impede that. (Needless to say that Bambam loses five years of life). "Sorry, but I've got to say that you shouldn't stop all of a sudden."

Bambam squirms slightly, and Jackson drops his arms immediately. "Let's go out! I have to call my best friend! I have to meet him. It's his special night. I've got to support him!"

It turns out that Bambam doesn't need to make any call because the moment he is out of the house, he perks up when Jinyoung calls his name, waving his hand. They are all out in the garden -- Yugyeom, Jaebum and Jinyoung, Jimin, and Youngmin and Kwangmin.

He approaches them slowly, aware that Jackson is following him behind. 

As he gets near, he recalls Jinyoung's reaction at Jackson.

There's a voice inside his head that is whispering him that something like that doesn't need to happen again, ever.

Because Jackson is actually a kind person who was a ing valedictorian, who's taking medicine now and who comes from a very respectable family. Who's polite as , and says good evening, and greets everyone with a smile. Who's scary only when he gets mad, but who isn't in those moments?

Nobody has the right to ing judge anyone if they don't know about that person.

Jackson's agreed to be his fake date. And he protected Bambam even if he definitely didn't have to. He was worried Bambam might get too drunk too fast, for 's sake.

Awesome people like that don't deserve .

Bambam musters up all his courage when he -- he -- reaches out to, "give me your hand." His cheeks are probably as red as a pepperonis. When he feels the other's little touches on his palm, he grabs the hand decidedly.

This time it's Bambam who laces his fingers' with Jackson's.

He feels like he has just conquered an empire.

He doesn't dare to look back, though. He hasn't got balls to do that -- especially not now that his whole face and neck are crimson.

"Where the were you two?" Jimin questions, hands on his hips. "I was sent to look for you," he jabs his index on Bambam's chest, "for five times." He complains, continuing with his annoying attacks.

"Stop that." Bambam whines.

"Nuh-huh!"

"Bambam, ing finally!" Yugyeom looks like he might start crying, or having a heart attack, in a moment or another. "Yerin is arriving in ten minutes and I don't -- " He trails off. He goes from very panicky to a what-the--is-happening-here look.

Forgetting about Jimin, Bambam straightens his back, knowing exactly where his friend is directing his gaze. He can do this. He can totally defend Jackson back.

He's waiting.

He sees something in Yugyeom's expression click, and then Yugyeom leans forward with a wolfish grin,

"I'm Kim Yugyeom. The brother's birthday boy who's somewhere at the party with no pants on and it's only almost 11. And I'm Bambam's best friend. You're the boyfriend tonight, eh?"

"Hi. It's nice to meet you." It's nice to meet you. What a dork. An A+ dork. "Jackson Wang --"

"Don't offer him your hand!" Youngmin warns, and Jackson closes it. "He's just puked."

Yugyeom sputters. "I -- I was nervous, okay?" He spits out. "A -- and you didn't have to reveal that! What kind of ing friend are you? You're supposed to keep that between us. You don't go saying embarassing things about me to someone I've just met -- you make me look like an idiot, Youngmin, you!"

Bambam snorts. He slightly turns his head so that he can take a look at Jackson.

The latter is not smiling, but he doesn't have this stony face either. He looks concious of his surroundings, though, like he's expecting something bad.

Bambam quickly looks at Jinyoung who is staring at he and Jackson blankly, but when their eyes meet, Jinyoung looks taken aback at Bambam's intense glare. Jaebum, next to his boyfriend of course, is just studying everything with a serious expression on him.

Thankfully, silly Jimin is nothing more than a big child.

He whistles, waggling his eyebrows up and down. "What do we have here." He sing-songs, smiling down at Bambam and Jackson's hands.

Jackson lets out a small laugh.

Bambam flips Jimin off. "Shut up, face." But he totally lets Jimin talk with his very hot boyfriend-for-the-night because Jimin might not be the brightest bulb, and he's a little , but he's accepting and always ready to give people a chance when he first meets them and that's one of the bestest human qualities.

Youngmin and Kwangmin are too.

Yugyeom has proven it as well, and maybe he would be making fun of Jackson for being with Bambam (he did that with Bambam's old dates. Bambam doesn't know what's funny about that because those guys loved dating him since Bambam is adorable, has a good sense of humor, etcetera, but Yugyeom thinks it's hilarious), but he falls in a miserable state when he receives this text from Yerin which announces that she's parking.

"Ah." Yugyeom is taking long and deep breathes. He looks like he's going to give birth to ing triplets, what the ever.

"Calm down." Bambam tells him, friendly pounding on the guy's back. "If she sees you like this, she's going to think you're gonna tell him that you have a terminal illness, dude." That is probably not the most useful encouragement.

It kind of works, though. Yugyeom cracks a half-smile at him. "I really like her, you know?" He says weakly.

Bambam's look softens at that. "Yeah." He has to roll his eyes or Yugyeom will think that Bambam's becoming a sap like him. "I know."

Yugyeom actually beams, even if he's still kinda pale and he looks sick. "He looks really out of your league."

"He doesn't." Bambam replies automatically, even if is a big fat lie. Jackson is still talking with Kwangmin -- about Flower?

"Dude, please." Yugyeom huffs. When Bambam takes his attention back on him, his best friend is making gagging faces at him. "Do you really have to? Only one of us can make those looks when he looks at someone, and let me remind you that this is my night, so quit it." He's joking, this er, and it doesn't make sense.

Or it does, but Bambam just doesn't get it?

"What did I -- "

Yugyeom's cellphone rings. "I have to go." He says, before swallowing. "Wish me luck."

"Good luck, jerk." Bambam winks. 

Yugyeom puffs his chest out. "I can totally do this. See you later." He goes off to the parking lots, with Jimin and Youngmin singing something stupid that has lines like, 

"who's going to get laid? Yugyeom!" Extremelly ing stupid. Bambam is not the victim this time, luckily.

He waits until he can't see his best friend anymore before joining Jackson and Kwangmin. Bambam looks around him, searching for Jinyoung and Jaebum, but when he doesn't find the two, he just mentally shrugs. He feels just a bit guilty for thinking that it's better if the two older guys are not here.

Except that when he starts listening, he finds out that Jackson is not talking about kitties. "I watch them on streaming." He's telling Kwangmin. "I'll tell you when is the next match."

And hey, hey, heeeeey, what the ? Tell what to Kwangmin? Bambam's eyes flicker between them. He doesn't like where this is going.

"What are you talking about?"

Kwangmin ignores Bambam's question. "Oh, yeah, text me." He responds to Jackson.

Whut.

Bambam's mouth twitches in an almost grimace. That was supposed to be a conversation to get Jackson loose, not exchanging numbers. What the ever. If the two are going to ignore him, Bambam is totally okay with that. They can talk to each other for the whole night -- see if Bambam's care.

Before he can witness the two giving each other's cellphones to save ing numbers, he stomps off.

ing Kwangmin ing saying text me to ing Jackson who said ing I'll tell you.

And to think that Bambam was all glaring at Jinyoung only to have his fake boyfriend be snatched from him by one of his flatmates just because Bambam comforted his best friend for some time.

Back to the beers then.

There are even more people in the house now. More drunk guys and girls.

Bambam thinks that he saw a Peniel, wearing only a shirt and his boxers, making out with someone on the stairs, but he's not sure because the music seems so ing loud now, and -- too many people, .

Maybe he should have sticked to his initial plan, staying at home, because when he gets to the drinks, Mark is right there. And the latter immediately sees Bambam -- this is so horrible.

"Hey, Bambam, how are you?"

It's been just a couple of months since the last time Bambam saw Mark, so of course Mark looks the same. He's still the boy-next-door, with his soft features and big round eyes with too thick eyelashes for a male. He looks good, maybe quite tan, now that Bambam squints his eyes slightly to take a better look at him. But Mark looks good -- something's off, though. Bambam is looking at him and he doesn't get the rush of emotions that makes him stumble on his words everytime Mark stares back.

It's like he's got to meet an old friend -- and Mark was one before Bambam had the idiot idea to crush on him. 

Bambam smiles.

They have to shout at each other to communicate -- thankfully, neither brings up Bambam's stupidly crushing, and none of Peniel and Mark's jerkish friends are there, so everything goes smoothly until a boy with blonde hair that looks around Bambam's age, circles his hand around Mark's arm. Apparently, this boy got lost and has been looking for Mark.

Bambam doesn't miss the way Mark grins goofily down at the boy when the latter pouts.

He gets to know the newcomer's name: Justin. Half American. Wants to become a nurse. Pretty. High cheekbones. Slim. Around Bambam's height. Gets Mark do weird faces at him when he fakes a pout. Disgustingly too cute, but Bambam likes him immediately. 

Justin and Mark look good together.

"We should totally do this again." Mark is saying. "Talking. Just like the old times. I missed this. Missed you."

Bambam nods. "Definitely." He agrees. "I missed you too."

Mark smiles, showing his big canines that make him look like a vampire. "Yes, I'll count on that. You still know my Facebook, my Whatsapp, my everything, yeah? Contact me." He says. "Justin hasn't met Peniel yet -- it's going to be so hard, but we'll try to find the birthday guy. Don't get too drunk, Kunpimookie."

"I haven't talked nor greeted happy birthday to Peniel either." Bambam admits. Then, he smirks. "Sure, Marky hyung." 

Mark laughs.

"Bye, hyung!" Justin waves enthusiastically and Bambam grins at him.

Fifteen minutes later -- Bambam estimates -- Jackson and the others find him with an untouched bottle of Vodka in his hands.

"I met Mark," he says to Jimin when Jimin asks him where he's been. Bambam doesn't think his voice quivered when he screamt that, and he doesn't think he's got a strange look on his face, but they pull him out of the house again.

Bambam is playing with the neck of the bottle when Jaebum (when did he reunite with the others?) asks him how the meeting went.

"Good." He replies honestly. "He told me that he learnt karate in the US. I told him I passed a hard exam. I even met Justin -- I think they're going out."

Jinyoung has a pinched and upset look. As if Mark being with someone offends him somewhat. "Yeah, we know that. And how are you?"

Bambam blinks. He's fine. "I'm fine." He says with decision. Very fine.

"Do I have to ruin Mark's pretty face?" Jimin asks, throwing punches in the air like the tool he is. "Just give me a signal, and I'll Mike Tyson him."

Bambam shakes his head with a sigh. "No need to do that." He says, exasperated. "I'm fine, really."

No one is believing him. It's like all his friends have lost their Bambam-reading skills. They are glancing at each other, and then pitifully looking at Bambam like Bambam needs a hundred hugs.

If he thought that talking to Mark, or maybe just seeing him, would have been so bad, Bambam was wrong. It went perfectly.

He doesn't need hugs. Not at all.

When Jackson -- who Bambam's magically forgotten about momentarily -- steps up and asks him if he wants to go out of here and have an ice cream instead, Bambam looks up at him, surprised.

"Huh?"

Jackson has already taken out the keys of his car. "We're getting ice creams."

Bambam keeps on just looking. Then, he stands up. "Yes. I'd like that."

Jaebum is opposed to the idea and it's not shocking news, but for some reason, Jinyoung admonishes his boyfriend, and tell Bambam and Jackson just not to eat too much because he doesn't think that sweet cold food and alcohol mix well together.

Jackson and Bambam share a confused look at Jinyoung's gentleness and approvement.

The second ride is without any doubt silent. Not comfortable at all.

"It's almost 12 am." Bambam states because he can't bear the quietness. He doesn't understand why this is happening. He's fine. "Is there any ice-cream shop still open?" He asks, wondering if Jackson just made up an excuse to get him out of the previous situation.

"Yes," Jackson answers shortly, "I know a place."

Bambam fidgets. He sighs when Jackson doesn't say anything else.

The ice-cream shop is real.

It exists.

It's at some part of Seoul that Bambam has never visited before. It's small, and it looks old outside, but it's actually lovely and there's an old man with a fifteen-year old boy there who welcomes Jackson with big smiles.

Bambam didn't know that athletic Jackson was a regular here, too. It's not fair: the guy refused to try the cakes at the Starbucks, but full-of-calories frozen desserts are a go-go, it seems.

"You don't like those flavors?" Jackson asks him, looking down at Bambam's Nutella and cookie dough ice cream.

Bambam isn't sulking. "I chose them, so I definitely like them." He throws a dirty glance at the other's peanut-butter and vanilla cone. He feels better only when Jackson tries his ice cream and he makes this face like he's just disappointed his entire family. Bambam can't help, but laugh. "You better go jogging earlier tomorrow or you will get love handles."

Jackson giving him the finger is the best thing of the night.

-

Jackson is driving him back home.

"Are you really okay?"

Bambam turns to him. "I'm going to say it only one more time, 'kay?" He tells the other. "I'm fine." He watches as Jackson bites his lip as if he's not convinced.

"It's just that -- " Jackson begins, but he cuts off his own sentence. "You should have told me where you were going. I'd have accompanied you." 

Right. Bambam doesn't snort. He just frowns at his hands on his lap. Maybe this isn't really the right time to say it, but he squares his shoulders, and aims to sound casual when he says, 

"you looked busy. Talking to Kwangmin." Giving him your number.

He feels stupid thinking that. Because Bambam doesn't actually have the right to feel betrayed when Jackson is only his fake boyfriend -- was. His flatmate can totally hit on Jackson if he wants.

Bambam just likes the guy because he's muscular and nice and Jackson loves kittens even if he looks like someone who would throw them in a box.

Just that.

It's not much, right?

Jackson shakes his head. "I could have stopped talking to him if you'd told me you were going in again." He says, even rotating his head fully at Bambam to give him this serious look. He tsk-s, as he turns back to looking at the road. "I was a real useless date, tonight. I'm sorry." 

And Bambam opens his mouth. He flutters his lashes close thrice. "You were not -- "

Jackson sighs, gripping on the wheel. "I was supposed to be there when you met this Mark."

"It's not your fault!" Bambam argues, eyebrows almost connecting on his forehead. "Don't think that! It's me -- I went inside without telling you. I met him, but everything went alright. I found out that he's dating this Justin-boy and that they're perfect for each other. And I'm totally, undeniably over him!" He exclaims, and he crosses his arms on his chest as if challenging Jackson to keep on not believing his words.

Jackson looks thoughtful. 

Bambam scowls.

"If you say so." The other says in the end, but it isn't mean nor he said it in a condescending tone. Like, Jackson is just agreeing with Bambam because he doesn't want to keep the conversation going. He's still serious, and Bambam nods approvingly, glad that he's made himself clear.

"Good."

When they reach Bambam's apartment, Jackson objects when Bambam tells him that he can walk the short distance that separates the car from the building by himself. He receives a flat "not happening" in return that kinda makes him feel giddy -- this needs to stop.

It's because Jackson's walked him to the front door, and is now walking him up the stairs to Bambam's floor that Bambam's head starts making these really weird images when they are standing next to each other, Bambam waiting for Jackson to go.

"I'm still sorry, ya know." Jackson confesses, his eyes looking all sad. His hair aren't perfectly styled anymore. A few strands have rebelled against the gel and they're standing up, but he still looks very good. As if he's ready for this photoshoot.

Bambam is mesmerised by the sight. "Don't be, silly." He gives the guy a small smile. Then, he bites his cheek.

Jackson shouldn't be hovering over him right now, damn it.

It's giving Bambam so many thoughts, his imagination is going wild. He's thinking, what if -- what if Jackson is here because he'll kiss Bambam good night? He's here because -- because he wants to kiss Bambam.

Except that it's impossible. Jackson won't kiss Bambam.

And in fact, Jackson doesn't. He puts his hands in the pocket of his jeans. He leans in, but only to show this shy smile,

"sleep well tonight, Bambam."


Bambam stares at the ceiling and waits for his eyes to start closing.

Except that they don't.

He waits fifteen minutes, and he's still one hundred percent awake. He wants himself to be unconcious so much because -- because he just knows what will happen next if he doesn't fall asleep like right the now.

But he almost never gets what he wants. What else is new, really.

Adreline from the all the things that happened tonight is still pumping in his veins.

The temptation to disturb one of his roommates just to get away from the coming train of thoughts is present. However, be it because Bambam knows exactly that annoying the others means getting back from the three the following nights, or be it because, despite the idea, he really doesn't want to leave his room, Bambam just stays there.

Ceiling. Ceiling. Ceiling.

And here we go.

He rolls on one side when the inevitable starts happening. "So ing ed," he mumbles, burying his face in the mattress of his bed.

-

Coffee is mandatory.

Bambam cannot start the day after a night out drinking even just a glass of alcohol without it. 

It's become a habit since the first time he got tipsy with his brother. It was him who offered Bambam his first coffee-after-beer-or-any-crap-you-drank, and it's become a tradition -- can you call that a tradition? Whatever.

Let's just say that caffeine is something Bambam needs, or else his brain and his body will find it hard to function perfectly.

Bambam can't say that he's pleased to see his roommates already up, having a rich breakfast composed by fried eggs, toasted bread and a lot of chocolate spread.

Kwangmin has always been the sort of guy who has weird tastes when it comes to food. He usually opts for jam and eggs -- well, bread with eggs and jam on them. It's gross. Like, you'd find yourself scrunching up your face when you look at Kwangmin's choices.

Today, he's made what looks like a roll of eggs with chocolate in it.

"Jesus." Bambam limits himself to that comment, preferring to let the expression of his face show the other that he's judging the hell out of him.

Not that Kwangmin really cares, because he just keeps taking bites on his disgusting breakfast. "Morning, princess."

Bambam detests that nickname.

Obviously, since Jimin's the one that gave it to him, Jimin has to mimic Kwangmin's greeting. "So," he adds, fingers tighting around his mug. There's a -eating grin playing on his lips, "how was it?"

He doesn't answer immediately. Instead, Bambam takes his own mug and pours himself some coffee. He takes a sip. "What are we talking about?" He asks, and he has to clear his voice because it's still rough from the little bit of sleep he had.

The twins are creepy when they wear identical smiles -- they remind Bambam of the Chucky doll somehow. And about Jimin, well, the guy always kind of terrifies Bambam with everything he does.

This is definitely why he wasn't happy to see the three already awake.

"Oh, don't play dumb." Youngmin sing songs, smirking and batting his lashes at him. 

Bambam presses his lips into a line. He doesn't like that tone. "I'm not dropping anything because I seriously have no idea what you're talking about."

Jimin huffs. Pushing his mug far from him, he rolls his eyes. "Is Jackson long?" He says without any ing warning.

"Did you have to say it like that?" Kwangmin complains. He nudges Jimin. "Look, you broke him."

Lie. Bambam is not broken, excuse you. It's just that -- that -- he's gaping a bit. Okay, a lot. A ing lot.

Because what the ever.

"We didn't do anything!" He exclaims, instantly feeling his cheeks heat at the mere mention of doing the filthy with Jackson. God. If he allowed himself to think about a situation like that even for just a second -- too late.

His is already paying attention to the conversation.

Bambam groans, trying to imagine ugly dirty feet instead of the way Jackson's muscle contract in the iest way everytime the guy ing moves. "Nothing happened..." It's bad if he's starting to trip over his words and the sentences that he'd like to say out loud devolve into incomprehensible mumbles.  Jimin and the twins. "I came back home before all of you!" 

And that is true: he remembered hearing giggling and whispers and loud laughs around 4 in the morning.

Jimin is not convinced. " that. Tell us 'bout the ." He doesn't have even the slightest bit of manners. Completely tactless.

Bambam refuses to be ashamed of the lack of action in his bed yesterday. If his face flames red, it's because of the hot coffee.

"He drove me home. I arrived when it was almost 2. He walked me to the door, said good night and then he went away."

Actually, Jackson waited until he was inside the apartment, but he can keep that for himself. (Like he's definitely keeping just for himself that he stayed with his head against the door until he couldn't hear Jackson walk the stairs anymore).

"Nothing, huh?" Kwangmin looks devastated. And that's rude, because if there's someone who has the right to make that face, it's Bambam. 

Youngmin grimaces. "Not even a kiss?"

Bambam sighs. "Everything was an act, guys. What were you expecting?" He says, omitting the part when he felt it so bad -- the desire to go down on his knees for Jackson. He was kind of waiting for the occasion, for a sign from Jackson, only to get ing disappointed when he received nothing more than a shy bye.

Not that Bambam didn't like it: Jackson's a paradox. His clothes, the way his hair were a bit messed, the way he moved, screamt will do you so hard, but when he talked to Bambam he used this I-volunteer-at-children-hospital-on-the-weekend voice.

The attraction Bambam has for Jackson has reached a point when it needs to stop getting further, or Bambam will step into dangerous zone. . He doesn't want that.

"Get over it, guys." He waves a dismissive hand to the sulking faces around him. 

Jimin is looking at him pretty strangely. "I knew he wouldn't you." He says, frowning afterwards. Isn't that offensive? Bambam scowls, because he is. Offended.

"What the . You too think he's too hot for me? That hurts, man." He doesn't need to be reminded that he and Jackson are not on the same level.

Jimin shakes his head in denial. "Nah, not like that." He shrugs. "Jaebum was ing furious for letting you go 'cause Jackson is not the type of guy you let anyone go with," Bambam feels a warm fondness as he sees his friend roll his eyes, "but Jinyoung hyung said it was all fine. I think he knew Jackson has, surprisingly, Canadian something in him that makes him so well-mannered and ing kind."

"Canadian something." Bambam repeats. Then, he snorts. "But Jinyoung hyung freaked out on Jackson and I when he saw us at the Coffee & Bakery." 

"But if it wasn't for him, Jaebum would have protested a lot more when you and Jackson wanted to leave for ice cream." Kwangmin points out as he takes another piece of bread. "Wait -- Coffee & Bakery? When did that happen?"

"Eh," Bambam says, ignoring the question. He remembers all of a sudden. "Yeah? Yeah. I know. That was unexpected, right? Totally unexpected." 

Jimin grins. "Maybe your great friends here put in a good word for the tattooed macho?" 

Huh. "And you managed to convince Jinyoung hyung?" Bambam raises his eyebrows.

"You ate your ice cream with Jackson, didn't you?" Youngmin answers, mimicking the facial expression. He shows this smug half-smile when Bambam says that he's right.

"No, really, isn't it frustrating?" Jimin asks around his mug. He drinks in one go, before elaborating his phrase. "I mean -- Jackson didn't put out. He's probably the insert-number-of-dates-before- kind of dude." He grunts, staring down at his fingers.

Bambam would laugh -- his life consists of having people getting invested in his activities and actually getting pouty because Bambam didn't have any last night. He doesn't know if he finds his friends the best or the worst, really.

Except that -- he doesn't feel like laughing.

How can he? When he's crinkling his nose up and he's back at trying to think about gross images instead of ing Jackson Wang?

And failing, obviously.

But that doesn't need to be said. 

He tries. He's trying -- not hard, no, not at all, but he's trying. But -- but flashbacks of them holding hands, and Jackson stepping up to protect him, and, and Jackson saying that he'd have left anything just to be with him when Mark was around.

They all appear in his head.

Seconds of memories. Brief moments that make Bambam feel light.

And Jackson is so ing nice. Bambam will never get tired of repeating it. There's not a chance he'll stop. Not even one.

When does a guy offer ice cream to make you feel better? When does a guy who seems to have a ing phobia for unhealthy food eat ice cream just for you? Because, c'mon, Jackson totally did it for Bambam.

He's not saying that he's special for Jackson. No, the guy would probably do something like that for anyone -- urgh.

Bambam needs to cut this out. Or, it won't end well.

"Are you ing trying to kill yourself?" Jimin shrieks all of a sudden, because Kwangmin has a jar of Nutella in his hand and a tea bag in the other. "Why don't you stop him, Youngmin? That's your twin there. Your ing crazy twin who wants to drink Nutella tea."

Youngmin simply shrugs, not even sparing a glance at the two. "You . And you told us where you put your tongue." He says slowly. "You don't have the right to talk."

Well, he has a point.

-

"I thought you were courting him?" Jun accuses. No, seriously it's not a question. The younger is squinting his eyes at him, thumb pointing at the familiar person on the opposite part of the road, that can be seen through the windows.

Bambam looks utterly scandalised. "I don't." He sputters hurriedly, because what the is Jun doing here? He was supposed to be helping Baekhyun with the bagels and the croissant. He shouldn't be here, uhm, spying on what Bambam is doing.

Cleaning with the rag. He tells himself mentally as he starts rubbing on the nearest table. Bambam was not -- absolutely not -- staring at Jackson who's doing dumbbell exercises for his legs. 

"Huh-huh." Jun is scowling at him. He's crossing his arms over his chest too. "Noona cleaned that table just five minutes ago, you know." He informs Bambam, sounding purposely like a . Kids nowadays are growing up having no respect for their elders. This generation needs to ing chill.

"I know." Bambam answers, but he stops. "There were some cookie crumbs left." He lies, and then, he mentally facepalms because a second later he remembers that there there was this boy who came to do his homework until it was time for them to close. And more importantly, he ordered just an iced tea.

Jun grunts. He points a finger at him. "You ." Which Bambam guesses is not referred only to his ty lie, but to many other things.

Or just one thing -- more like, a guy.

"You know you more, Jun." Bambam replies.

"No way, you infinitely."

"You exponentially, dude."

Jun makes a face. "What are we? Five?" And because he does not have a comeback, he continues with saying, "I refuse to keep on with you."

"Oooh, so you're admitting I won." Bambam tells him, beaming like it's ing Christmas.

"Who won what?" Victoria asks them with a raised eyebrow. She walks to get close to them to hand a half white glazed doughnut to each. She's an angel.

"Thanks." Jun says, and because Bambam is already eating (guess who didn't have breakfast again 'cause he woke up late?), he can't stop the younger co-worker from sharing with Victoria,

"we thought that hyung was finally ready to conquer the heart of his man, right? Turns out the cupcakes were the beginning and also the ending of their love story because he's back to square one." He takes a huge bite on his pastry. With his mouth full, he adds, "making heart eyes from the distance."

Bambam gulps down half a doughnut and actually manages not to suffocate. "I was asking him a favor."

"And the cupcakes?"

"Payment for the favor." He scratches at the back of his neck.

It would be so easy to think of Jackson's overly pleased facial expression at the pastries that Bambam asked Donghae to make just for him. He doesn't wonder if Jackson liked them -- one, because he's spending his time having other thoughts in his mind than the guy, and two, because he was not the one who made them, so.

"Hey," Victoria is snapping two fingers in front of his nose, "hello?" 

Bambam shakes his head to get away from his small trance. "Yeah?"

"Why aren't you talking to the boy you like?" She asks with a teasing smile. He's taking it back: she's just like them all. A devil in disguise. 

Bambam huffs. He rolls his eyes, and then promptly goes behind the counter with the rag in his hand without answering the question. 

Victoria and Jun call him, but eventually give up when he refuses to look at them.

There must be some stains that he can clean off. Some left crumbs. A micro-piece of a brioche here and there. 

He's not moping about the fact that it's been exactly 6 days and 14 hours since the last time he talked to Jackson. They met at the gates, about a quarter of an hour before nine. They both had to walk to their respective buildings, so they didn't really ask more than "how are you?", "how's college?" and "see you around?".

But they didn't see each other around -- haven't. Bambam sees him at the gym, and he knows that Jackson's aware he's working at the Starbucks. He's not waiting for Jackson to walk in on a day to say hi. To drop by.

But it wouldn't be hard for someone to come inside a Starbucks to say hi, or good ing morning slash good ing evening once, right?

Especially if you and said person spent a not bad time together.

Because Bambam is one hundred percent certain that they were more than good when they parted ways -- he knows how Jackson looks like when he's uncomfortable, and the guy was shy that night, but it was a good shy. Plus, Jackson didn't look uneasy when they met 6 days ago either.

So, his not visiting Bambam doesn't have anything to do with the party thing.

What's the reason then? 

"Who cares," Bambam mutters.

He tells himself again that he's not moping. Nor that he misses the crinkles at the sides of Jackson's eyes when he smiles.

Instead, he thinks -- or, he tries to only think that it's much better like this.

No interaction between him and Jackson means not a chance Bambam can up his he-thought-friendship-but-not-because-who-the-hell-cannot-drop-by-to-hang-out-for-a-little-bit-with-a-friend with Jackson.

It's better for him. Saves him from getting broken a second time.

Because Bambam falls hard for gentle guys. He falls hard, and it takes him a harder time to get over them when he gets his heart toss back at him.

So, for the better.

Definitely.

Now, if he could put that (and only that) in mind it would be so cool.

-

Despite his big effort to have positive thoughts, and to get himself busy with stuff like school, family and friends, Bambam is nothing but a walking corpse full of sadness and disappointment by day nine. 

Youngmin claims that he's been acting like he has got a stick up his for more than a week, but his flatmates are full of .

The truth is, Bambam has been unsufferable only for three days. And it's not even like he wanders around the apartment in boxers, looking like the world is ending and he's lived the worst life ever, and sobbing and bursting into tears all of a sudden.

That's something Jimin does. 

When he's not in the mood -- okay, when he's in a very bad mood, he spends time re-watching movies that he's seen about fifty times, and listening to depressing songs, and wearing hoodies, and, well, practically rolling himself in two layers of sheets to become a burrito.

Flower, their kitty (the twins said that Bambam has to be the fourth dad. They didn't accept no as answer, and consequently Bambam could only agree), has found a perfect place to take naps, which is on top of him.

The perks of being a human burrito are many.

For example, Bambam feels very warm, and he can hide the junk food under the sheets. Like, chocolate bars, crackers, chips, or Jimin's strawberry milk. He has a corner on food, because now that he's unhappy, he un-burritos himself (for one or two minutes) when the others are not at home to take everything he ing wants from the fridge. Nobody can stop him.

Unluckily, his form has disadvantages too. Such as being unable to kick Kwangmin and Jimin's big asses when they poke him in the face -- the single visible part of him.

Or when they pick kebab from their plates to throw at Bambam. 

"Will the princess get out of her shell?" Jimin wonders dramatically, and because he's a giant dickhead, he takes his biggest piece of meat and aims for Bambam's nose. "That's a five hundred points shot!" He congratulates himself, the weirdo, while Bambam tries to incinerate him with the intensity of his glare.

"Uh-oh," Kwangmin says, widening his eyes, "you made the princess mad."

Jimin tsks, but he's grinning. "Terrible. Horrible." He puts enfasis on the last world. "Will she punish us by putting on Rihanna on maximum volume again?"

"At least it's not Adele."

"At least." Jimin throws another kebab, and this time it lands square on Bambam's forehead. Ew. Bambam isn't moving just because Flower is sleeping peacefully, and he doesn't want to disturb her. More, he's warm. "At least, he's not watching Koizora again -- or An eraser in your head." Jimin twists his mouth.

Bambam doesn't want to associate with Jimin anymore. How dare he make that look? Those two movies make people cry their eyes out because they ing touch people's hearts. They're so good.

"It's Armageddon." Kwangmin whines as Bruce Willis appears on the TV. "You're going to play Don't wanna miss a thing for the rest of the night after watching this. Am I right?"

Bambam almost enjoys the pained look on both of his friends' faces when he says,

"you're not wrong."

Jimin groans. "Text Youngmin. Tell him to crash at Minwoo's." He's talking to Kwangmin in a serious tone. "Save him to avenge us."

Bambam doesn't see Kwangmin's cellphone being taken by the guy. His flatmate decides to interrupt his meal to ask,

"why don't you text him?" They've already discussed this. "I have his number. ing send him a text and invite him over. Or -- just text text him, I don't know." Kwangmin heaves a sigh. "Text him, and quit with all of -- " He makes gestures in Bambam's direction.

Bambam purses his lips. He frowns. "No." At the two requests.

So what if Kwangmin has Jackson's number? Jackson has given it to him to talk about vets where Kwangmin can take Flower. (Yes, Bambam's glad that it's not because Kwangmin finds Jackson attractive. He would have splitted his mate's body in two).

He does not want Jackson's number. He's a burrito because he feels cold, and not because he hasn't seen Jackson in more than a week.

And not because Kwangmin has just reminded him again that he has Jackson's contact in his phone.

Bambam hears Jimin cospiratorially whisper,

"Youngmin will have to Tony Stark avenge us. I want him to spend millions. To build a suit, and to fly Bambam's flacid body to the sky before dropping him when they're like 150 feet from the ground."

-

Bambam is going to be extra honest: he did not know that he wanted the guy to check on him so epically ing much.

He knew he wanted it. Knows he wants it.

The realisation hadn't come before day twelve when Bambam actually grasps that it's not just want. He really wishes for Jackson to come at the Starbucks on a not Friday. Not for a frappuccino, but for him.

Day twelve also marks the moment when Bambam realises that all of his friends have started to either ignore the bad vibes that he's been sending since after Peniel's birthday, and act like he's the normal Bambam and not the grumpy dude who serves costumers with a scowl, nor the burrito Bambam at home, or some, like Jun, have decided to distance themselves from him for awhile.

And he totally understands: if there was a jerk ruining the atmosphere, he would do the same.

He doesn't resent anyone.

On day fourteen, neither of Bambam and Jackson has decided to cross the ing road to see the other yet.

At this point, Bambam isn't even hoping anymore. He's resigned to the fact that the things he thought doing with Jackson when they were in the car won't be happening. 

No lunches together at college. No playing games with Jimin and the twins. No Jackson being disgustingly adorable with Flower. Bambam is pathetic: he was looking forward to all of those.

They're not going to happen ever, though.

It's fine

He can live without having Jackson being disgustingly adorable with Flower. He doesn't need one more friend -- Bambam has plenty of friends.

It is true that he's never had someone like Jackson.

A guy that doesn't fall in the er zone.

Because Bambam's friends are all there. From Yugyeom to the new co-worker Sunny. They're ers slah y girls, and Bambam totally fits in because he's kind of an too. 

Jackson seems different.

He's not like Mark who's a douche under all his perfert guy layers. 

Jackson chirps Bambam, but it's simple teasing.

His friends tend to be mean -- Bambam doesn't care because he knows Yugyeom and the others have his back if something happens, but they're really colossal ers. The type that just laughs when Bambam get up late, or takes a video of him to upload on Facebook when he's drunk and he's blabbering embarassing facts about himself.

They give him lots of , but they're there when it really counts.

Jackson -- Jackson can be an , but he's a concerned . With smiling eyes, and guns out when he's running.

A concered that is not going to be around anymore.

But it is fine.

He gives zero s now.

It's because Bambam has no s to give anymore that he doesn't feel a flood of fierce hope when Jun ing gets a step nearer to him to whistle and sign at the automatic sliding doors that Namjoon and a guy wearing a white beanie with a Canon protectively kept in his hands have surpassed.

It's not Jackson.

It can't be.

This new guy has no full tattooed arms, and he's got an intimidating pair of stormy eyes. It's practically the est face Bambam has ever encountered. And it's saying something because he serves frustrated lawyers and even more frustrated salesladies.

"Hello, guys, what's up?" Bambam says, because he's still working. "Went back for more brownies, Namjoon?"

"Hey, bartender Bambam." Namjoon has his hands in his pockets. He's rocking his body back and forth while staring at the menu. Taking off his beanie to reveal normal black hair with an abnormal blond strand, his friend just snorts next to him.

As he waits for the orders, Bambam bites on his lower lip so he doesn't, not even by mistake, start bombarding Namjoon with questions about his other friend. (Yeah, he actually cares. What else is new).

"A triple shot latte," Namjoon says, "and one of the choco caramel shortbread. A key lime tart." He grins. "It's all."

"Sure." Bambam is still refraining himself from asking. "And -- ?"

Blond strand stares at him as blankly as ever. "I'm good." God. What's his problem? Guy looks like he doesn't know what a smile is.

Bambam has to make a triple shot latte, though, and take the cakes. And plan how to casually bring up Jackson's name. Blond strand guy can off -- Bambam hasn't had his same expression the past two weeks, has he? Oh my god.

He thanks Suzy when sh passes him the tart. There are a couple of people only, he calls Namjoon's name after handing a drink.

"How much is it?"

Bambam is giving Namjoon the change, and gathering the courage to ask, when he gets beat to it.

"Why aren't there banana cupcakes?" Blond strand questions with an intense knowing look on his face. . Oh, my -- . So, he's not just a friend of Namjoon. This serious freak knows Jackson too. Figures. 

Bambam blushes furiously, because. Because. Cupcakes. Banana cupcakes. He doesn't know what's happening around him, but he feels like everyone's eyes are on his figure when he responds,

"we don't sell banana cupcakes here." He can't cover his embarassment -- it's shown in the redness of his face, but he can make up a little by adding, "we have peanut butter cupcakes, chocolate mint ones, and Donghae hyung is making delicious vanilla cupcakes. Uh. The peanut butter and the chocolate mint are delicious too. Uhm. By the way."

Blond strand raises an eyebrow, looking at the pastries. "Eh?" He turns his head to Namjoon who's blowing on his latte to cool it down. "I thought you guys said the banana cupcakes came from here." 

Namjoon says nothing. He gives a small shrug before taking his shortbread, and starts eating.

The gesture seems enough confirmation for his friend, though. If Bambam wasn't so flustered, he'd have come up with a story about how it was a special occasion that day and so they made those cupcakes that they do not intend to serve ever again. 

"Are you guys not going to make any today?" The guy persists, and God, God, why is there the rule that say baristas can't punch clients in the face?

Bambam shakes his head, trying to keep his together. "I'm afraid no."

He can take some hints. The problem is that he does not know what the guy's intentions are. Is he acting like this to Bambam because he's got something else important to say or he just wants to make a fool of him?

"I see." Blond strand guy nods. He stares some more (as if there aren't other people who want to order behind him), and then he brings his camera up.

And click.

What. The. .

Bambam chokes on his spit. "Dude -- why are you --"

"Jackson." The other replies curtly.

That's obviously not an explanation, Bambam is going to point it out, except that the person he's talking to is already turning his back at him. 

"Hey! Wait -- you! You with the weird blond strand hair, you who take pictures -- don't!"

He's gone.

Bambam can only blink for a moment. Now, he honest to God doesn't know what to take from that conversation. And the hell his palms are sweating for when blond strand dude said actually nothing?

"Do ya know Yoongi will throw Jungkook's dead body in the river when he finds out he stole his cam again?" Namjoon is telling him, leaning over the counter like it's a secret between them. Right. He's still here.

Bambam his lips. "What was that all about?"

"That what?" Namjoon wiggles his brows at him, with a foxy grin.

Bambam snorts. "You know."

"I don't -- oookay, you don't need to do that." Namjoon holds his hands up. "Tryna scare me off with a growl? Do I need to remind you that you're a bartender and not a lion?"

"I --"

"No." Suzy slams a glass right in the middle of them, startling both. "That's my job." She gives Bambam a stern look. "You're staying later. You're helping Jessica with the cleaning today." Bambam usually does stay on Friday nights. "But you've got five minutes."

"Nah, one is more than enough." Namjoon says with a waving hand at her retreating figure.

Bambam feels a bit guilty for putting personal issues over work, but then he's receiving a piece of paper with an address written on it.

"Wednesday of the coming week." Namjoon is giving him a you-better-do-it look. "Bring a six pack, and friends if you want. 8.30 o'clock -- there'll be pizza." Then, he's stuffing the entire tart in his mouth and at the same time taking his cellphone out. "Where the are you, brat?" Bambam hear him shout before the doors close.

-

On the back of the paper, there's written in capital letters,

JACKS A SHY DUDE HE DOES NOT DO FIRST MOVES

Jaebum shakes his head, not believing it. The others laugh. Bambam -- Bambam is on ing cloud nine.