2. would you like a piece of the moon

mom said you're so bad

 

 

He almost trips and dies when he comes back home on Sunday because there are tons of toys for Flower -- he assumes -- all over the floor.

Bambam stares down, looking at his place and watching their kitten chew on a ball of wool, jump on it, run after it when she kicks it too hard and it slips away from her paws. It's amusing how fast she can run with those little legs. He watches her some more, before taking another quick glance around him to make sure that this is indeed his flat.

Kwangmin and Youngmin are in a corner, surrounded by maxi legos. Those you usually buy for kids. They're crouched on the floor, with Jimin waving this yellow paper like a flag and giving instructions a feet from the two. 

That's stupid. The twins are not going to build anything if they let someone like Jimin direct them.

Bambam throws his eyes at the ceiling, and marches towards his friends.

"That's not how you do it!" Jimin pulls his hair. "That small block goes with the medium size. The longest green one is at the base. And why are you using red? Green. It has to be green."

Youngmin turns his head at him reluctantly. "It's just a color. We can switch colors." He reasons out. "It doesn't have to be a copy of the dragon in the picture."

Jimin shakes his index. "When the hell did you see a multi-color dragon?"

"Jesus." Youngmin rolls his eyes in exasperation. "Never. Because they do not even exist, idiot."

"Who are you calling an idiot?"

"Obviously you!"

"Smaug is red." Kwangmin says unhelpfully.

"Little ." His twin elbows him hard in the arm. "Shut up."

Bambam takes this small interruption as a chance to intrude in the conversation. It's almost insulting how nobody's noticed that he's arrived. "Yeah. I too think it's red." He confirms, and bro high-fives a grinning Kwangmin.

Youngmin flips them off. He picks up all the blue legos.

"Bullheaded motherer." Jimin starts, upset. He puts the intructions down -- to knock off Youngmin's creation.

This is the level of maturity that there's in this house. Somehow the cute kitten that they'd adopted seems to have more brain than the people living with Bambam.

He doesn't try to stop Jimin from throwing himself at Youngmin. And he doesn't move a single finger when they begin hurting each other.

Kwangmin doesn't either. It looks like he finds it entertaining to watch the two roll on the floor and scream when their backs hit one of the toys.

"Oh, hey," he makes a surprised noise as if remembering something all of a sudden, "it's a ten minutes walk from where Youngmin takes Ecology."

It takes Bambam a second to figure out that the other is talking to him. It takes him more than a minute to understand what Kwangmin is talking about. He has a vague idea, but to be sure, he opts to ask, 

"what?"

Kwangmin has definitely mastered the are-you-stupid look after seeing it so many times on Jinyoung. "The address Jackson's friend gave you." He says slowly, pronouncing every word carefully. What a douche. "It's near the building where Youngmin takes Ecology."

Bambam decides to nod, and show his appreciation with a steady smile. "Great." He even says, completely hiding the fact that he Google Maps-ed it the same day Namjoon handed him the small piece of paper. 

Kwangmin studies his expression for a moment. "Yeah, great." He sneers, throwing a red lego at Bambam. "You're glowing."

" off." Bambam denies.

Because he's not.

He thinks.

-

Jackson has his forehead wrinkled when he gets the door. He looks like he was sleeping -- the pants that are hanging dangerously low on his hips, the worn out shirt and his messed up hair suggest so. His eyelashes are brushing too frequently against his cheeks. Yep, he's definitely just woken up.

Bambam almost whimpers.

He is wearing Yugyeom's awful neon green tank top that his best friend swears makes him look an "itsy-bitsy manlier" ( Yugyeom. Bambam is manly as hell. His face, his posture, and his everything scream ing manliness) under a leather jacket which is Kwangmin's.

It makes Bambam feel utterly embarassed -- not only it's hideous. Kwangmin also said that it's a jacket totally similar, if not the same, to Zac Efron's.

The others declare the combination completely badass looking, and Bambam just went along with whatever they wanted him to do because when he arrived from work, he found that the three trolls and Yugyeom already prepared the clothes. Bambam did not have the strenght nor the heart to turn them down -- they're morons, but the intention was good -- nor did he want to make another show where it would take him decades before getting ready (he's not a chick, a'right? Alright). 

But putting aside the guys' opinions, we're still talking about Zac Efron. Bambam doubts that copying the style of someone who accepted to sing, dance, twirl in, like, leggings could make anybody look badass.

So, he's nervously the material of Kwangmin's jacket, and managing not to cry because he's so charmed by Jackson, it isn't even funny.

He suddenly loses his balance as someone pushes him from behind. 

Jimin catches him right away, but Bambam doesn't thank him. Instead, he narrows his eyes, since he's pretty sure it's the guy's fault, what from the way Jimin is getting elbowed by Yugyeom and they're snickering like the rest of his friends.

Friends. He tells himself. Right.

Everyone's making fun of him. Minus JaebumWho proclaimed that he was coming with them just to supervise.

Bambam didn't have a good feeling about it, and in fact the older had been hovering over him for the entire time. He's been held back from Jinyoung that's attached to his arm and keeps him from getting near Bambam, but Bambam can still feel Jaebum's piercing gaze pressing on the back of his skull. If this isn't pressuring, he doesn't know what would be.

Jackson's looking at their feet, rubbing his eyelids with his hands. "Easy there, Danger," he says low in a rough voice, noticing Bambam's almost trip. He is still blinking down at the ground adorably.

Bambam's skin prickles just because of that. "Yeah, sorry. Some were born clumsy." He blurts out, then he pushes the six packs he bought towards Jackson's direction. "Here."

Jackson's eyebrows connect in a frown at the sight of the beers. "Thank you?" It's in a slow motion -- it totally is -- that he takes a look at the person infron t of him, widens his eyes after he flutters his lashes twice again, and then recoils as if he got hit. 

The snickers grow louder. God, Bambam's friends are absolute s. 

Bambam has come to the decision that he's not part of their group.

He smiles. "Hi."

"Hey, Bambam -- " Jackson replies quickly, looking disoriented as . "Is it 10 already? Namjoon said you were coming at -- " He closes his mouth abruptly. Then, as realisation wakes him up completely, he lets out a light pained moan.

That Bambam tries to ignore.

"Uhm," Jackson begins again, opening the door wider. He gives everyone a weak smile. "Please, come in." He says, and because he's a perfect dork, he takes the pack from Bambam, "thank you," and then leaves them there at the door after Bambam stares a little too much at his pants and Jackson notices what he's wearing.

"He's not that well-mannered." Jaebum comments in a bored tone. 

Jinyoung gives his boyfriend a long-suffering, yet fond look. 

"He is, hyung." Jimin intervenes. He kicks his shoes off to enter first. "And Jackson doesn't spit on people when he talks." He sticks his tongue out on the corner when Jaebum grimaces, indignant.

Jackson's place is huge.

There are four rooms for five tenants. A quite big kitchen, and an enormous living room with a flat screen television on the wall. Youngmin looks at it longingly, tugging on Bambam and his twin to give them the puppy eyes.

No matter how big and round Youngmin's eyes can turn, he's still not receiving an expensive flat tv for Christmas. No way.

Anyway, five tenants.

Bambam should have guessed that Namjoon and Jackson live together -- and same for the blond strand guy who has a y face and takes pictures of total strangers for their friends (eh. Bambam's not really opposed if it was for Jackson). His name is Jungkook. He's the maknae. He gets called Cookie by the others.

Part of "the others" are Yoongi, and a couple, Nichkhun and Tiffany, who are occupying one of the three two-seats sofas.

Apart from having a pair of crazy eyes too, and the fact that he's cleaning the lens of a Canon (that Bambam suspects is the one Jungkook stole that day he went to the Starbucks) with the same attention Bambam dedicates to his books when he has to submit papers, Yoongi seems normal. Like, he doesn't even have dyed hair,  a characteristic Bambam thought Jackson's roommates had to have. 

The girl, Tiffany, has long wavy blond hair, and endless legs that are on her boyfriend's lap. She's skinnier than Bambam likes his women, though -- well, he obviously doesn't like like women. What he means is, his sister is beautiful with her medium size shirts, and the way she doesn't swim in skinny jeans.

But Tiffany is a real beauty, and Nichkhun is obviously her Prince Charming. He has the looks, and the hair. 

"So you're Jackson's boy, aren't you?" She asks Bambam when she catches him staring after the introductions. They're just so -- so -- it's hard to explain, but Tiffany and Nichkhun fit together like two puzzles. Both charming and with eye-smiles, that it's, yeah, hard not to stare.

Bambam shakes his head a little, trying to come out of a daze. He's heard her -- heard the way she's said the last two words in English, and -- he squeaks. "Yep?"

Because he's being referred as Jackson's. As his. Uh. Jackson's. And while his heart starts to hammer faster in his chest, Bambam tells himself that she more than probably means his friend.

Jackson became Bambam's friend first.

"Oh?" Yoongi and Nichkhun say in unison like it didn't occur to them before Tiffany pointed it out. "Oh, yeah, it's you." Yoongi continues, and the ? Of course, it's him. It's not like Bambam didn't know himself. "I saw Jungkook's picture of you." Right. "Your skin seemed whiter."

It's not a nice thing to say.

However, there was no mocking, but just a weird assessing tone, and Bambam doesn't show his annoyance.

He doesn't even have the time to wonder when Jackson's going to join them, because he has to answer a train of questions after that one. They're not invasive. They're delivered with small smiles and friendliness, but it feels like a sort of interview somehow. 

Bambam gives responses to the three, secretly glancing around to look for his friends to throw them a lost look. He internally sighs when he finds them intrigued in something Jungkook is explaining joyfully (Jimin and the twins), or talking comfortably to each other on a sofa (Yugyeom, Jinyoung and Jaebum).

"You're not majoring in Medicine like Jackson." Nichkhun repeats after Bambam. This time, though, he sounds like he's -- mentally taking notes. What the actual . "Biology, huh? It seems a good course."

"I'm sure it is, honey," Tiffany giggles, playfully patting her boyfriend on the cheek. "Do you know that Jackson makes delicious pancakes?" She changes topic, grinning at Bambam.

"Pancakes?"

Yoongi lets out a soft chuckle. "That he won't eat." He's done with the lens. He's put it next to him, and now it looks like he's going through the pictures in his cam. "He cooks and he's ing good at it, but he doesn't eat most of the meals he makes unless they're chicken , vegetables, eggs, or crap like ing tofu."

Bambam is unsurprised.

"Nah," Nichkhun disagrees, "there are days when he eats."

Yoongi doesn't look up. "Once a month?" He grunts. "Why would you follow a strict no-fat diet when one of the most beautiful things in life is food?"

"Because Jackson wants to stay healthy, Suga." It's probably a nickname, like Cookie.

"He's going to die like the rest of us." Yoongi retorts critically. It seems like a conversation they've already had before. "He's going to die with 60% of his body full of salad and tuna. That's so ing sad."

"He loves salad and tuna." Nichkhun huffs. "Just like you love burgers and fries."

This time Yoongi looks up. He contorts his face. "You can't compare salad and tuna with burgers and fries." He accuses. "Sides, you can't really defend Jackson when he orders salad even when we're eating in ing Mcdonald's."

Bambam's mouth quirks in a smile. Yes. He can see that happening. 

"You don't pay for his food, Yoongi." Tiffany points out. "Why does it bother you so much?"

"Because -- " Yoongi squints. "Because it doesn't make sense. Who the hell orders a salad at Mcdonald's?" He asks with an eye roll. "It's like paying a e to ask for a hug."

Tiffany smirks. "Maybe that person just wants some affection."

Yoongi stares at her. "God." He shakes his head as if saying that he's done.

Tiffany laughs before getting up from her seat and bullying Yoongi to show her some pictures of her that the other took at the park. When Yoongi refuses, Nichkhun stands up too to ask the same thing in a fake gentle voice.

Bambam watches their interaction, not missing the interrogation at all. He spends another two minutes like that. As he's finally decided to join Yugyeom, and he's getting up, Namjoon hooks an arm around his neck and, without asking, drags him away in the kitchen to help with the beers.

"Uh, sure." Bambam answers, feeling stupid because Namjoon didn't really ask .

"They were giving you a hard time, huh." Namjoon says with a half apologetic half amused smile, leaning against the fridge. In this moment, Bambam swears, he sees the white haired as more than Jimin's punk version.

"Not really." He replies. "But -- thank you." For being half worried, he guesses.

Namjoon makes a dismissive gesture. He opens the fridge and takes a bottle that he immediately opens. "Jackson's taking a bath." He informs Bambam after taking a sip. "You want one? No? -- Anyway, Jackie always takes this long. Dude loves working out so ing much, but he passes out before washing himself."

"Okay." Bambam says, because there's no other way he can answer that. Taking a bath. It's -- interesting. Yup. Yeah. Interesting. No. Stop. "Why would you tell him we were coming over at ten?" He asks convertionally because his head is getting filled with things he shouldn't think about.

"Because, why not?" Namjon cackles. "And I purposely asked Tiffany to shout at Jackson to get the door because everyone's sooo busy." He grins at his own evil idea.

"Jesus, he was sleeping." Bambam can't help to say. "You're terrible."

Namjoon ing beams. "Aw, don't need to get your in a twist. Jacks absolutely sleeps at least 8 hours a day." He says, and then drinks some more beer. He guffaws before talking,"well, maybe not tonight that his darling is here." He wiggles his eyebrows.

Bambam's face goes immediately on fire. He doesn't know what Namjoon is insinuating (he does actually, but whatever), but there's nothing between he and Jackson.

And that's exactly what he tells the other.

"Yes, yes." Namjoon sighs. He observes Bambam. Then, he's walking over lazily to flick at the zipper of the other's leather jacket. "Jackson will be impressed." He whistles, and after that, he proceeds to laugh.

Bambam pushes him off, but he's laughing too.

"Sunday, Monday, happy days," Namjoon sings, "Tuesday, Wednesday, happy days."

" you." Bambam grins. "I am no Fonzie. Don't I remind you of buddy Arnold the Terminator Schwarzenegger?"

Namjoon is ing crying. 

They take a dozen of beers in the living room.

Jaebum's face goes blank when Nichkhun takes a foof from Jungkook's room that Namjoon declares he himself''s going to use, and several chairs. Bambam has to sit alone on one of the sofas because,

"Jackson."

Okay.

So, apparently, Jungkook's favorite word to tell Bambam is his hyung's name.

The pizzas arrive about fifteen minutes later, and Jackson finally joins them a minute after the food arrived.

He ducks his head as he apologises for his lateness to Bambam's friends. He's a sweetheart. He hesitates for a second when he notices that the only free seat is next to Bambam, and he tries to subtly whacks Namjoon in the head after Namjoon snorts and laughs at his friend's hesitation.

Jackson is in shorts, and a simple black shirt.

"Fresh and clean," Bambam says, and he's not flirting. He's not. He just likes the lingering smell of Jackson's shampoo on the guy's head.

Jackson is rubbing the back of his head with his hand. Obviously. When is he not? "I thought you were coming at 10." It seems like he can't let this matter go. "If I knew it, I would have bathed right after coming back from a run."

Now, Bambam is really thinking about Jackson's crazy love for exercises. "You weren't at the gym today." He says. "I mean -- "

"Jungkook needed a help with his assignments." Jackson explains with a little smile.

Pause.

Bambam smiles a little too.

"So, how are you?"

I would have been better if you dropped by. "I'm okay." Bambam answers. "You?" God, he knows he should have thought of something else to ask, but he's got nothing.

Jackson's smile grows wider. His eyes crinkle at their sides, and yeah, that makes Bambam feel so happy he could touch the moon. "Good. College is -- uhm. I'm good. Good."

"Oh, good." Bambam says dumbly.

Collective groans erupt in the room. 

"Oh, ing hell." Namjoon laments. "That is -- " He's pointing his finger at Jackson and Bambam. " -- painful to watch."

Well, to their defence, they could say that they were not forcing anyone to listen to them talking -- and it was rude, and kind of creepy, because what the was everyone doing looking at him and Jackson exchanging a few words with each other?

Instead -- because no matter of Bambam reminds himself and everyone else who asks him that he and Jackson are not a thing, and they're not going to be -- he feels a tug of embarassment that shuts him up completely. Jackson is scratching the back of his neck self-consciously.

At least, it seems like they're in this moment of shame together

"We ordered eggplants, potatoes, with cauliflower crust pizza just for you, dork." Nichkhun tells Jackson, saving them from another of Namjoon's call, because from the way Namjoon's face's starting to go all funny again he was going to shoot another .

"Oh." Jackson says. "Thanks." It's adorable how much he's able to infuse the fact that he's very pleased of the thought into two short words. Honestly speaking, it's sort of difficult to miss because he's also got this loose smile that does not fail to make Bambam's chest hurt. 

It's just a pizza -- well, a not so normal pizza if you ask him, because Bambam likes it with pepperoni, with lots of meat, and cheese. He didn't know someone could get that expression from caulliflower crust. 

It's just -- ridiculous. Jackson is incredibly ridiculous. 

If Bambam looks a little more at Jackson's profile, gives him a not very subtle once over before he takes a slice from the box Yoongi is holding, it's his business. (However, he can't help but flush once again when Yoongi gives him a knowing look).

Since it's Wednesday, and Jaebum was completely wrong about Jackson's friends who are indeed considerate and values college and their jobs, they basically spend the night eating pizza and drinking beers which Bambam finds out have only 4 percent alcohol.

They're not the six pack he brought, but it's fine: Bambam is content with the little to none alcohol, to be honest.

With the power of his pout, Jungkook wins against Namjoon's pleading look, resulting to the youngest guy making them watch American Pie. 

It's not a bad movie. But maybe there are too many scenes that unnerve Bambam at a high level because they make it harder for him not to think about the things he would do to Jackson.

Let's be honest here, all the trying to repress his lusting over the guy becomes fruitless once they're watching an almost , and mostly because he has his side, from shoulder to legs, pressed to Jackson.

He's not leaning because that would make it more obvious, but he's not moving from his position.

Jackson isn't either, by the way.

"ing twice weekly may increase life expectancy by 20%." Jungkook recites with no trace of joke on him. He takes his eyes off the screen of the television to look around him like he's expecting a reply.

Tiffany actually chuckles. "Someone should stop you from reading this kind of stuff from the internet."

"Or," Yoongi sounds and looks affronted by his flatmate's info, "you read them and then keep them for yourself 'cause no one cares." He throws his hands up in surrender, not before begging forgiveness for Jungkook's entire being.

"Hey!" Jungkook crosses his arms.

"No, but if that's true -- " Youngmin says, nodding his head in Jimin's direction, " -- we've got an immortal creature over there."

Jimin snorts on his beer as twelve people laugh at him. "Did you not hear your mom last night, dude?" He answers, sweet as honey.

"Ew! Eeeew! That is gross, man." Kwangmin is horrified. He loathes these jokes. "That's my mom too."

Jackson laughs himself sick. Bambam is so helpless: he finds the noise the guy produces sweeter than honey.

-

Jaebum's having a good time too.

He's kind of friend-bonded with Nichkhun when Tiffany started touching and complimenting Jinyoung for his hair because they're just "so soft". (Don't even ask, girls' interests are beyond Bambam's understanding).

He insists on going home before midnight, though.

Which is comprehensible because lessons and work and yadda yadda, but must he declare it when Bambam and Jackson are having a moment after a heated dicussion about the benefits or disadvantages of eating bananas?

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, bananas.

Mister Jackson Wang fights -- as in, he literally gets worked up into explaining how good bananas are for your body, and why you should eat them, and why the you shouldn't let ing science tell you that they make you gain weight.

"They provide energy and nutrition, they're rich of ing potassium. And every food can make you fat if you abuse them."

"Why don't you eat a slice of normal pizza then?"

Jackson knits his eyebrows together. "Shut the up." He hits Bambam's shoulder with his own half-heartedly.

Bambam grins, teeth showing.

He doesn't really mean to look at Jackson from under his lashes, he doesn't do it on purpose, but before he knew it, it's there.

Jackson's facial expression goes blank at first.

A second later, he swallows slowly, flicking his eyes from Bambam's eyes to his lips --

Aaaaand that's when Jaebum sneaks his hands around Bambam's neck, pulling him away from meeting Jackson's mouth.

"Time to go home." He says aloud.

Baby Jesus Christ.

Lim ing Jaebum is a persona non ing grata.

What prompts Bambam to trail after Jaebum is Jackson going speechless and then agreeing with Jaebum with a train of little nods.

Bambam's still processing what was about to happen when they're thanking the guys for their hospitality, and promising them to come back next week, possibly during the weekend.

He is just following the others when it strikes him that, holy , this time they were really about to kiss.

As in, Jackson was leaning in too. He would have kissed Bambam back if Jaebum didn't show up. 

Like, if Jaebum wasn't a ing ninja life-ruiner Bambam and Jackson would be kissing at this moment instead of Bambam saying byes.

It's so ing maddening that Bambam digs his feet at the back of the older's seat for the entire ride to the apartment. Judging from the way the others see him, but act like it's nothing -- no, like Jaebum deserves it, he knows they are on his side with this.

"Night!" Jaebum snarls as he stops the engine. Some people don't understand that they do not get to be angry when they're in the wrong.

Bambam gets off the car, slams the door, (feels utterly sorry because Jinyoung flinches and the latter has nothing to do with this), and scowls hard at Jaebum.

That is what you get for being an .

-

Bambam has other priorities right now that don't include going to bed to get rest in order to be ready to take notes or to be rested to work at the Starbucks. 

Him staying with his flatmates on Kwangmin's bed is so not how the night should have ended, because, , seriously? This is the second time he's not getting what he wants.

First because for some unknown reason Jackson is ing shy, and second because he got ed.

He wants to unleash his madness on Jaebum, but the latter is somewhere with Jinyoung at this moment.

That's basically how Bambam's world goes -- he obtains what he wants only during his daydreaming times while Jaebum has real kisses and , a happy ending and God knows what else with the love of his life.

Jimin's voice is about an octave higher than usual, "he's a douchebag, 'kay?" He's hugging a pillow like a panda with a ball. "Who the hell does he think he is being pretentious with his Canon?" He huffs. "It is bigger than him, anyway. That ing dwarf."

"I think you are as tall as him, man." Kwangmin says over leftover sushi.

Jimin couldn't look any more unhappy. "No, I'm sure I'm taller than that ."

"What exactly did Yoongi do that he's got your hatred?" Bambam questions, abandoning his own problems for a while. "If we put aside his obsession with pictures -- "

"He's taking photography, if I'm not wrong." Kwangmin supplies.

"Ah." Bambam blinks. So, it's just natural that the guy loves his ing camera and photos. His brow creases. "He's a cool dude." Because Yoongi really is. He judges the out of everything, but that's something Jinyoung and Jaebum do too. It is not like this is the first time they've encountered this type of people. 

Jimin is being totally unreasonable. 

"Look." There are struggles in Jimin's trying to sit on the bed without letting go of the pillow. He grins briefly at his success before frowning. "He's a snob. Plus, he shows all his gums when he talks. It's disgusting." He bobs his head at his own statements. "So, yeah."

"So, yeah, what?"

"So he is." Jimin says, making gestures at Kwangmin.

"He is -- "

"A douchebag, man!" Jimin is sighing loud. "He's a douchebag. Keep up, man. He's the kind that thinks he knows all. Worst ever."

Non-sense.

Bambam stares. "But -- you didn't even talk to him." Or Jimin did when he was busy arguing with Jackson? 

"He did not." Kwangmin confirms.

"Why is -- "

"I heard him when he was talking." Jimin says, exasperated. He puts the pillow away, pushing it towards Bambam. "You don't need to talk with someone to feel that he's a guy you don't want to have anything to do with."

Kwangmin's face speaks for itself. "Feel?" He parrots.

"Oh, Jesus, nobody understands me."

Bambam just gives a small shrug because he got lost after probably the fourth sentence that exited Jimin's mouth. He watches his friend chew on the hem of his pyjamas. He's backing to thinking about himself, but Youngmin -- who's been quiet for the entire time until now -- suddenly chirps,

"I've got it."

Kwangmin is on his feet, finished dish of sushi in his hand. "And what are you talking about now?"

Youngmin is ing smiling like he holds the secrets to the universe. "Minwoo." He says with a glee in his eyes. "Guy who loves physics, and studies stars when he's free?"

"Yeah, and?" Bambam's suddenly feeling too tired to play this game.

"And?" Youngmin says, delighted. "And Jimin said Minwoo was a jackass the first time he met him, but the truth was that he wanted to bang the guy."

Bambam is slowly comprehending why the cheerful tone.

"He didn't even talk to Yoongi, and he can't stand the dude's guts -- "

"Don't you ing continue." Jimin is standing in front of where Youngmin is crouched, looking menacing. By the look in his eyes you can tell that if the matter gets pushed, they would be facing a nuclear meltdown.

Youngmin bites his lips, but he's smiling. "It's so ing cute. Look at him." He's indicating Jimin with his thumb. "Getting a crush at first sight." He coos because as much as he tries, Youngmin cannot really contain his jerk-ness.

Jimin looks ready to self-combust.

Since he's the twin, Kwangmin bursts into a loud laugh, while Bambam, being the best person between them, has the decency to cover the small smirk on his mouth with a hand. 

-

Kwangmin's silence speaks volumes.

Bambam knows what he's going to say approximately half a second before Kwangmin parts his lips again, and because Bambam can, he says,

"I mean it. I want his number now. Uh. Jackson's. Please." Oh, . Guess he doesn't really have much authority in him. "Pretty please?" If the other isn't made of stone, he'll certainly give in, for 's sake.

Bambam is even attempting the puppy look. If this doesn't work, what else will, seriously.

ing Kwangmin drinks his milk, painfully slow.

"Okay." He drawls. He's not blinking. His pupils are big and round, and it freaks Bambam out a little. "The almost kiss really got you, huh."

Bambam hates him. So ing much. 

-

As the professor announces five minutes break, Bambam gets punched in the arm by Maru. Hard.

"Ouch -- what the ." 

Maru is gripping his pen like it's a weapon. That he's going to use. On Bambam. What the hell is happening. "Will you please just do it?" He glares at Bambam's cellphone as if trying to burn it.

So, maybe Bambam might have spent the one hour of Anatomy narrating him about Jackson, and the one hour and half of Ecology telling him how he's going to text Jackson and invite him to come to the Starbucks later, at 7-ish, because Bambam's replacing Victoria today.

Maybe, maybe, he's still hasn't sent anything because everytime he types, it feels not a good starter conversation, and Bambam wants to do this very right. 

"Say hi," Maru instructs, "followed by a smiling emoji. And your name."

Not a chance.

"hi :D it's bambam" is not what he's looking for.

The text needs to be one that will put a smile on Jackson's face. Or better, a grin. Bambam doesn't think Maru's plan would accomplish either of those.

"It has to be a killer opening, man." He puts his head in between his hands. 

"What, man? Why." Maru asks, dry. "It's just a text. You're thinking too much about it. He any good?"

Bambam sighs. "Yes." He nods. "So good."

Maru snorts, but his look softens. And he stops holding his pen, which is better. "Take your time then." He pats Bambam on the shoulder. See? Maru's actually a perfect bro. "You'll get him."

Except that Bambam doesn't want to get Jackson, because honestly?

He doesn't like how that sounds. He might have a chance with the guy, but he doesn't want to just get Jackson.

Because, look, he knows that he might never come to the point when he deserves a med-student that has smiles that could make flowers grow and an that make people heads roll, but Bambam's sure as hell going to try.

-

b: is dark choco ok for a psycho pseudo-athlete who as an obsession with jogging and running on a treadmill?

j: Who's this?

b: boooring. you use full words in texts omg. it's ba(mbam)tman (;

j: off.

j: And dark chocolate? Yes, it's a powerful source of antioxidants, but still, don't eat too much. 

b: ok doc!

b: hey, wanna hang out later?

j: I have to study. Which time are we talking about?

b: 7? 8? 9?

j: 7.30? where?

b: okie-dokie! starbucks! you know where is it, yeah? (;

j: Yeah.

-

Jun wraps the other's head into a headlock. In response, Bambam elbows the younger hard in the ribs to make him let go. 

. "!" . Bambam exclaims once free. He vainly tries to adjust his hair. "Leave me the alone. I'm on a break." He grumbles as he uses a spoon to look at himself.

"You've been on one since you arrived. You've done nothing, but glance at the clock." Jun is pretending to check his nails. "Can't wait to be out of here, eh?'" He chews on a finger, then he brings his gaze up to stare blankly at Bambam. 

"Sunny is calling you." Bambam lies.

It's not going to work since he blurted out the first name he thought of, and he's pretty sure Sunny isn't even there. Crap. He's seriously got no time for his co-worker's -- he has matters that need to be taken care of before Jackson's coming.

"Who's your date?"

He makes an unhuman sound.

Jun looks more than amused.

"What are you talking about?" Bambam frowns. He leaves the spoon in the sink. "I don't have any dates." He's going to hang out with Jackson. There is nothing more than that for now.

It's not an official date.

Like hell they're going to have their first date when Bambam is working and he's sweaty and gross. (Nah, he's not a Jackson who could be covered in mud and still look good as . Hey. That would actually be super y. Okay. No. No. Bad Bambam. Bad. No).

And yeah, he's fixed his hair for the customers. It's obviously not for the not-date with Jackson Wang. Why would he want to look good for Jackson when they'll be just two buddies spending time together today? 

He's not convincing anyone, is he?

"I can read your creased forehead, man," Jun continues, "you know what is it telling me? That you don't trust me enough to spill the beans."

Bambam's eyebrows fly up. "It's not -- "

"I thought we were friends." Jun sniffs.

He knows what the younger guy is trying to do. Bambam is not moved at all. It's an old game plan of Jun. No one at the Starbucks falls for it anymore.

"I've been here for you since the day I've been hired. Is this really the way you're treating your best mate at work?"

Bambam runs a hand over his face, gives a quick look at the clock through the spaces between his fingers, and then he huffs in exasperation as his hand falls down by the side of his body. Jun can be such a pain in the .

Fortunately, he's interrupted by Donghae even before he can open his mouth to say a word.

"Bambam?" Their baker says, signing with an oven mitt to follow him.

Bambam lights up, and does as he's told, walking over, and then he grins maddeningly when Jun gets called by DooJoon and consequently has to stop being a ing tag along.

He watches Donghae take a regular size cake from nowhere -- no, seriously, it just appeared in the guy's hands after Bambam turned his head.

"It's sugar-free, right?" He inquires because the cake might look ing cute, with its small circle designs made with (hopefully healthy -- does it exist?) white chocolate, and it must taste delicious, because Donghae's hands are a gift from Heaven, but what is important are the ingredients used for the realisation of it.

No, let's face it -- the eye wants its part, but when the person he's going to serve the baked dessert to is kinda obsessed with the number of fat and on his food, beauty comes in second place.

Donghae slowly and carefully puts his creation on his workstation. He shoots a puzzled look to Bambam. "Not only it's sugar-free, but also flourless," he says, which is awesome.

Or at least, the first piece of information is what Bambam asked for, he doesn't know what to do with the rest of it since he's no expert in making food. He's just good at eating. And at making sandwiches, but he doubts those count when the guy in front of him is able to bake real goodies.

As if reading his mind, Donghae tsk-s. "Your boy will like it." He assures in a tone that is mixed with amusement and exasperation.

Bambam would be the biggest liar in the whole universe if he kept denying that he absolutely likes how it sounds to hear people call Jackson his. They're doing that a lot in the flat -- his friends, especially a certain Park Jimin. Yugyeom doesn't really use possessive pronouns, but he always shows this ty teasing grin, while Jinyoung is far more mature and goes with a simple knowing smile. 

He bites at his cuticles so he doesn't have to give an answer, because, well, Donghae is amazing, and it's true that Jun is, like, the annoying little brother that Bambam still hasn't figured out if he wants or not, but it would be totally unfair if he said something to Donghae now when it was the younger boy who asked the question first.

"Ah, puppy love." Donghae sighs dreamily. He makes an incredible scoffing noise afterwards. "Be sure to ask your boyfriend if the cake is good this time. This man," he continues, tapping a hand on his chest, "doesn't get enough compliments for his great skills." 

Bambam nods -- ha! boyfriend. God, boyfriend -- before the other smacks his hand out of his mouth.

"Stop, it's gross."

"Yes, okay, mom."

He hides himself there, hovering behind Donghae who resumed making bread as soon as they're done with the small conversation and the cake was put safely in the fridge. He steals one, two, three -- okay, lies, six oreo cheesecake bars.

It's only because Donghae sees him and then hits him with a wooden spatula that he suppresses the urge to reach for another one, and not because he gets reminded that Jackson would be ing disapproving his snack choice and give him apples instead.

Jackson wouldn't -- he'd never impose his boring meals on someone. (Because it would be imposing if Bambam met a not smiling Jackson.

Like, just one sad look from the guy could make Bambam buy other food supplies.

You know, change his diet).

Jun barges in on he and Donghae waiting for these peanut butter cookies to be cooked with stomping feet and a pissy face.

Bambam is so delighted to see him with such an expression except that he's taken aback by what Jun tells them,

"I tell you everything that happens to me. I told you about Ji Eun! Why can't you tell me that you're seeing gym dude again?" Jun looks stung, and for a moment, Bambam regrets having kept it a secret, but then, he and Jackson are not seeing each other -- yet.

But wait.

Wait a second.

Wait a ing second.

Bambam feels like he's missing something. "How do you -- "

"He's there!" Jun is hurt and pissed off. It's like he's trying to dig holes on the pavement when he walks. "He ordered just a glass of water, and he's been eyeing this door like he's expecting someone, who I guess it's you, to walk out of it. It would be adorable if it wasn't that you -- "

"-- didn't tell me." Donghae finishes, hands on his hips and looking like he's about to throw Bambam and Jun out of the room. Maybe it's because they're disturbing him. There are some people who are really devoted to their jobs because they love it. There should be more Donghae-s in the world.

"What...time is it?" Bambam is asking, his voice is doing that thing where it trembles at the end because he's overwhelmed and he doesn't know if it's by happiness or nervousness.

It's not -- it's not seven thirty, is it?

He hasn't been lazying for more than an hour, that's impossible.

Donghae made the bars in fifteen minutes, more or less, and he made the cookies in no more than twenty.

Bambam has kept track of the time. If he looks at his watch right now, (he's not going to do it though because what's the point when Jackson is already here?) he's pretty sure he'll read that Jackson the Dork Wang is early.

He abandons Donghae to his bread and pastries, and Jun to his tantrum, with a promise, mostly to himself, that he'll make it up for the kid later, or one of the following days.

-

Jackson is at the nearest table to the counter.

He's in a black full jumper, meaning that the tattoos are covered, and Bambam would complain if not for the fact that long sleeves unsurprisingly fit Jackson. He's biting on his stud, and he's ing with his hair which obviously get sort of messy, but instead of making him look a loser, on Jackson they're the right amount of disheveled and touchable.

Bambam is not trying to get poetic because he's at that, but Jackson's eyes are on him like magnets as soon as he's starting to make his way to him, and when he's almost there, Jackson grins, big and bright like he's trying to put the sun to shame. 

He's always so, so, beautiful.

"Your way to be sorry for being sleepy when we went over last night?" Bambam says, aiming for douchebag and missing by a long shot when he too breaks into a huge smile.

Jackson twists his mouth. "I finished my papers earlier," he explains, "I thought I could come to see you work and make you trip when you walk next to me." He lifts one shoulder. "They'd totally have your if you fell with a tray full of orders, eh?" It so much when you're trying to be an , but your skin decides to turn red.

Bambam is a little mesmerized.

"It has never happened to me," he trails off after some time of staring that Jackson obviously notices because he's got this questioning look on his face. "I have a surprise for you."

He's up before Jackson can give an answer.

Damn it.

This is going to be so not good if he doesn't get a grip on himself. Bambam has to control his ing emotions. He can't have troubles having Jackson close -- he can't look like an idiot each ing time.

How is he supposed to make Jackson fall for him if he acts like this around the guy?

Donghae has already prepared a slice of cake complete with plate and a spoon. "Here," he says, offering it to Bambam with a sharklike smile that is nowhere to be found on Jun's face. The latter is still sulking at him. Nothing new.

Bambam reaches for the plate. He looks at it, mind distant.

"Is everything fine?"

He considers shaking his head for a "no", but instead he nods. "Look, I'm going to -- " He's fast out of the kitchen again. 

Jackson is -- looking at him, eyes black and intense, as Bambam tries to arrive at the table without tripping on his feet. It's not an easy job -- not when you've got a laser stare following your single move, but Bambam manages to do okay, the cake still safe in his slightly trembling hands.

He puts the plate down, under Jackson's scrutinising gaze. Jesus.

"Ta-daaa," he sings softly. It's totally lame, and Bambam is giving Jackson this small awkward smile that more than probably looks a grimace. He feels his ears burn.

When Jackson finally drops his look down at the piece of cake in front of him, Bambam lets out a silent sigh. Man. What the hell. He can do this. He can totally do this. Him displaying himself like a tool has to end now.

"I made this for you." He blurts out, and then he wants to bite his tongue off because that's a lie. Donghae made this, not him. Plus, Jackson's having this look which is equal parts disbelieving, surprised and kind of horrified. What a little .

Jackson blinks. "Should I be worried?" He asks, and, as if he's finally chosen one expression above the three, he grins, seeming pleased as .

Bambam's chest goes from feeling tight because of the tension to feeling like it might let escape all of Bambam's feels.

"Ha ha, shut up."

Jackson takes the spoon. Before tasting the cake, he points a finger at it. "It's dark chocolate." And he's surprised again.

Just look at this inked . Going all soft and ing happy like a kid. Bambam wants to grab Jackson's jumper, yank him toward his direction, and kiss him silly so bad.

"Why do you think I asked you about it if I wasn't going to use it?" . He needs to stop saying that he's the man behind the making of the cake.

Jackson finally eats, and -- and then, he's making a little noise (, Bambam's nether regions react at it), shutting his eyes as he swallows. "This is the best thing I've ever put in my mouth." He's ing beaming.

Bambam would really like to excuse himself for obvious reasons, but it wouldn't be polite leaving Jackson for a second time. Besides, it's not like he'll come back with another dessert. Well, he could bring all the remaining cake, but it's not like Jackson would ask for a bis.

And he doesn't want a slice of it either.

Low-carb dark chocolate cake with no flour isn't really the kind of dessert Bambam would like to have right now.

Luckily, Jackson is there to snap him out of his upcoming fantasies. "Are you sure you baked this?" He asks, the back of the spoon.

Is God tempting Bambam? Not cool. Not at all.

"Uh -- I -- yeah. Yeah." Bambam stammers. "I mean, no, no, not me."

"I feel so confused." Jackson says, eyebrows furrowed together.

"I don't know how to make -- bake. Bake. I don't know how to bake cakes." Bambam confesses, feeling flushed. He looks at the students at the table behind Jackson in order not to trip on his own words. He embraces it: a day will come when he doesn't get stupid around his crush, but that day is obviously not today. "My friend Donghae baked it. He's the one who made the cupcakes too."

"He's really good."

Bambam nods. "Yeah, he is."

"Don't cha have to work?"

"Yeah," he utters, waving a hand around, "but -- but, later. I sorta informed my boss about -- well, I told her, but not really that -- y'know." This is so embarassing.

"Oh."

He resists the urge to facepalm.

From his peripheral vision, he can see that Jackson hasn't taken another spoon of the cake in favor of staring intently at him. Bambam doesn't meet his eyes. Instead, he finds himself following a girl's fingers as she does her ponytail.

At the same time, he tries not to fidget under the scrutiny.

"Is your real name Bambam?"

Bambam turns his head too fast. His neck hurts. He doesn't rub it, though. Has to mantain a bit of dignity here. "Wait, what," is what he says even though he heard Jackson. He's so eloquent. "No, it's a nickname."

Jackson hums. He eats some more cake, then his gaze is immediately back on Bambam as if expecting him to elaborate.

Obviously. "Kunpimook Bhuwakul." Bambam eventually provides. "Bambam is a nickname my mom gave me when I was small."

"Is it a cute version for 'bambino'?"

Bambam catches himself before he can say 'what' again. "Nooo," he drags the 'o', "it's after the cartoon. You know, Flinstones. The son of Barney and -- " He interrupts himself as Jackson laughs. " you." He says with no heat. "Mom wanted a strong baby, okay? She wanted one, and she got one."

Jackson smirks, teeth capturing his piercing. "My cousin's nick's Bambam too," he says, "but it's from the italian word."

"Bambino?"

"Yep. It means 'baby'."

"It's, like," Bambam lifts up an eyebrow, "a nickname of a nickname?"

Jackson shrugs. "It's cuter." He repeats.

"Is it," is Bambam's dry comment.

"Nothing as great as being named after a cartoon character, tho," Jackson is saying. His foot nudges Bambam's under the table, and intentional or not, the latter's response is giving Jackson a small smile.

Should he nudge back?

My God. Why does it feel like he's the protagonist of a Taylor Swift's music video? He feels thirteen again. It's terrible. But also kind of wonderful. Mostly, it .

It's very complicated.

"Do you speak Italian then?" He asks. It's a valid question. They're talking about the language. If Bambam keeps telling himself things, he'll start to believe them. Might.

Jackson shoots him a look. "Io e mio fratello Hyukjae l'abbiamo imparato da nonno. Lui è metà italiano." He pronounces, eyes fixated on Bambam, dark. He's so ing smart.

Bambam has no idea what the other's said.

Jackson might have said something about the weather, but who cares. All he knows is that he feels his stomach flip, and he strongly believes that if there was the possibility, he'd pay real money to keep hearing Jackson talk in italian.

"Uhm," he mumbles quietly because Jackson has finally reduced his ability to think to zero. ing yay. He then proceeds to make a choked noise.

"Sei davvero adorabile." Jackson chuckles, and , is he making fun of Bambam now?

"." Lord help me. He tries as hard as he can to look deadly unimpressed with the other's general existence -- which is difficult to do when he's got the hugest crush on him, and he's just discovered another amazing quality. "You just called me an idiot, admit it."

Jackson does this thing when he smirks, but it's not the usual smirk.

It's not deriding, not mocking. No, not that. It's, like, a shy little smirk. It's nice. Like, a half smile, but with that small smugness that makes it more than a half smile. Okay, stop. Stop -- God, Bambam actually has no words to describe it.

"Whatever you say, piccolino."

If he got called idiot like he said previously, or a moron, or whatever, Bambam probably deserved it. He is and he's gonna be so stupid for Jackson.

How can he not be when he's got to face a smile like that?