6th: Protecting Her

The One True Pairing

"Are you sure they haven't escape yet?!"

"The guards are placed everywhere in the building. So far, there's no sight of them yet."

"How on earth did we lost two girls in under half an hour?" he exclaimed. "You were supposed to be watching them."

"Sorry, sir, we thought they were,"

" ENOUGH OF EXCUSES! JUST FIND THEM!!!" He shouted.

Both of the men went off from the spot, not suspecting that just a few metres away from them, hiding behind the stacks of wooden boxes was the pair of ladies whom they were looking for.

"Are you okay, Bom Unnie?" whispered Chaerin looking beside her.

"Are you kidding me? This is nothing compared to the time I was kidnapped when I was 5 years old."

"Then, you know what we'll need to do to get through this, right?"

"Of course! I have my wedding to attend and I'm not going to die as a freaking !"

"Make sure you stick to me and be aware of their movements. Whoever they are, they are organised and swift. From my point of view, whoever's behind this might be from a syndicate."

"What are on earth do they want?"

"Are you forgetting that we belong to two of the underworld's most powerful families?"

"Oh, right. So is this some sort of revenge on us?"

"I guess so."

"Then they should know better than picking a fight with us."

"I guess they don't which makes them even more dangerous."

"Why?"

"Because it means that they won't be afarid of pulling the trigger on us if it comes to that."

"Now, you're starting to scare me."

"I'm not joking. In this case, we can't stay here for too long."

"But I don't even know where we are so how are we going to escape?"

"Don't worry. Even when we were blindfolded, I had a rough idea on where they were taking us." assured Chaerin as she looked out into the hallway. "It's going to be difficult but will you help me through this?"

"For Seung-hyun, of course I will!"

 

 

Ji Yong rolled around his bed numerous times. He was restless throughout the night and didn't slept a wink at all despite knowing that he needed to wake up early to attend Seung-Hyun Hyung's wedding. Just as he was finally about to fall into deep sleep, he saw the clock beside him indicating that it was time to wake up. It would take about an hour to get ready and another hour to reach the church, which meant that even if he wanted to sleep around this time, it was impossible unless he wanted to disappoint his hyung. Oddly, as Ji Yong got out of bed, he wasn't that tired even after all the events that took placed yesterday. Sure, it was unexpected since he never once experienced being terrorized by someone else, even more so holding his niece's toy in ransom while ordering him around.

He turned and saw a note on his table. Written on it was her telephone number. Although she didn't gave him personally, he managed to 'charm' or to be precise pleaded to the Ajumma to tell him her number with an excuse saying that she left something with him and that he wanted to give her back. The Ajumma offered to return her item to her but Ji Yong insisted that he would do it himself.

He felt pathetic now that he finally gotten her number. Pathetic because even with her phone number, he didn't had the courage to call her at all. Hence, this was what caused his restlessness, to call or not to call. After much reluctance, he got up and pull the curtains to let some morning light in. He was G-Dragon, why would he need to be in this situation just because of a girl? There are tons of girls dying to get a phone call from him yet he was the one who was anxious to made a call to CL. Pathetic, he thought again.

'I didn't even get her real name.'

Ji Yong knew that this girl would be a handful yet when he recalled meeting her for the first time, that radiance never left him. He knew he was in deep . Falling for some girl out of nowhere without even knowing her fully. Himself on the other hand, has some problems of his own before he could even attempt to start anything. Sure, his status as a superstar might be one of them but nothing that he couldn't solve on his own. The only troublesome matter would be the only word, Kiko.

Ji Yong and Kiko Mizuhara shared a complicated relationship in which neither friends nor lovers could be label as to what was going on between them. He had met Kiko a few years ago and somehow became involved in her world. While it was true that he was crazy for her in the beginning, the attraction between them faded and had resulted in where they are now, stuck with each other. Neither one of them wanted to break off their relationship between each other because of themselves. Unlike any other healthy relationship, Ji Yong and Kiko shared a deep secret and that secret is what still binds them together. Ji Yong knew that until that secret was dissolved or somehow buried forever in the past, he could never moved from where he stood and he could never truly be free. He knew sooner or later he needed to deal with Kiko but now wasn't the time for drama. He had a wedding to attend to and that would take up all his energy and time for today because he knew it would be star-studded affair with the media press and foreign celebrities flying in as guests to the wedding.

Although he hated social events, he was needed to attend, even more much earlier because he was chosen as the Best Man. He didn't really do much in the wedding preparations, neither did Seung-hyun Hyung from what he heard, since their own work was never ending. Ayaka Noona, or Bom Noona was okay with it so all he needed to do was to be there for the wedding and present the rings. It couldn't be that hard, right?

 

 

Even if the whole building was empty and practically had the same structure on every floor, it wasn't easy for both of the girls to nagivate through the levels while trying to avoid from being seen from the guards. Looking at the position of the sun, it was already afternoon, which meant that they had at least two more hours till the wedding commences, although getting out alive was more important. Chaerin knew something was wrong when she step into the car. After Mr Hwangsu had send her to the boutique to meet up with Bom Unnie who was getting ready for the wedding, their vehicle afterwards although looked the same was strangely onimous. Mr Hwangsu was nowhere in sight and they were suddenly pushed into the car without warning. It was only when Chaerin saw the driver smirking as he looked behind and the covering of their heads with black bags that Chaerin realized it was a kidnapping. 

Chaerin have been out of the field for too long to react quickly to the situation. Although her abilities wasn't gone, the circumstances she was in gave some restrictions as to how efficient she could use it. With Bom Unnie at her side and the dress that both of them wore weren't meant for combat mode, Bom Unnie with the heaviest of hearts, decided to tear apart the bottom half of her wedding dress just so she could catch up with Chaerin as they made their escape. Through the staircases, Chaerin knew there are about three more levels down before they reach the ground floor. Even though the exit was just nearby, it was becoming increasingly difficult to hide with more guards being placed as they headed below. All of the men had guns and Chaerin was only equipped with a dagger which she had hide within her dress, a vital accessory she kept with her at all times . A single shot would be the end of them if aim at the correct place and Chaerin couldn't risk dying here, not until she completed her mission.

"What now?" asked Bom Unnie, taking a peek at the corner.

"We need to head straight through this corridor and turn right down the staircase to reach the third floor." answered Chaerin looking around. "When I say run, quickly head straight and stop just before the next corner, alright?"

"Okay."

"Then, three, two, one, go."

With all they might, Chaerin and Bom Unnie ran barefoot through the long corridor to reach the end. Although it was deserted along the way, Chaerin knew there was a 50-50 chance that someone might just walked in from the opposing corridor and see them. As Chaerin looked behind to see whether Bom Unnie was following her closely, she saw her pupils dilated and fear spreaded on her face. Chaerin looked in front and true enough, there was a guard right in front of them. He held out his gun and was aiming towards them. The first shot fired and instantly, Chaerin pushed Bom's head down as the shot went passed them. Chaerin grabbed the dagger she placed on her leg and threw it up in the air. Instantaneously, she grabbed the dagger on the handle by and lowered her head slightly. Running at full force towards the opponent, she aim the blade and slit his throat ferocioulsy, resulting in a sudden spur of blood in the air.

Bom, who was on the ground, watched as Chaerin effortlessly killed someone right in front of her. Although they had belonged to the underground world, Bom assumed that Chaerin was an innocent bystander trapped in this world just like her. Somehow as she watched Chaerin wiping the blood off her face and cleaning the knife, she knew that Chaerin wasn't anything like her. While Bom had brushed with the dangers that was seeminly natural in her world, this was the first time she actually witnessed someone killing somebody else. She knew her father had killed before but that was different. At least, she didn't witness it upfront. Ciel on the other hand, was someone she was determinded to shelter from the grasp of her family at all cost despite getting married to her younger brother but now, things had changed. Ciel wasn't someone that she needed to protect, right now, in this situation, it was Ciel that was protecting her. She stared silently as Ciel passively searched the body and took the gun he used to shot them.  Luckily, it was a silencer and the shot he took just now didn't caused them anymore trouble. Chaerin checked the cartridge and found it had only three more bullets which meant that she needed to make the three shots worthwhile. It was only when Chaerin found a handphone in his pocket that made Bom see the glimmer of hope that they might survive by calling help.

"Great, his phone is almost dead which means we can only make one call out of it."

"Then, let's call the police. Maybe they can help us."

"The police? Do you think they can do anything in this kind of situation?"

"Right, sorry, I wasn't thinking straight."

"I could always call my friends to help but in this case, it would make me a laughing stock."

"Your friends?"

"My old group, long story."

"Oh, then, how about Soichiro?"

"Soichiro?"

"Yes, He will definitely know what to do."

 

 

Youngbae on the other hand, was getting dressed for his sister's wedding. The reception would be held at the Lotte Hotel, the Crystal Ballroom, where he was staying at. Before that, he would need to head to the Jeondong Catholic Cathedral where the wedding ceremony would take place. He would meet up with his mother there as well, after living separately for so many years and finally meet his fiancee officially for the first time. While he had seen Chaerin many times in the past before, he had always hidden in the shadows, never actually making his presence known to her. Soichiro had met with many people in his life, those who was his allies, those who was his enemies and those who now, remained buried forever. All those people come and go and finally for once, he would meet someone to share his life with and someone who would take every step along the way with him. The only concern was that the first meeting is always the hardest and as they say, first impression counts and for his case, he was really hoping for the best.

Just as he was about to put on his cufflinks, his handphone rang. Youngbae went over and picked it up. On the other end was Mr Hwangsu, calling. Having recognised the number, Youngbae assumed that he was giving him the updates of whether his sister and Ciel had arrived or not. Instead, the news he received wasn't that pleasent but instead, the worst case scenario ever.

"I'm sorry sir, but Ayaka Ojou-sama and Miss Ferreria was kidnapped!"

At that instance, Youngbae dropped his phone on the floor and ran out of the room, ending the conversation with Mr Hwangsu, not realizing that there was another call just a few moments later.

 


Author's Note:

Sorry, for the very loooooooooooong update, life was chaotic and busy and I didn't really had time to write the story while handling my affairs. Guess it's okay for now so please enjoy! I try to make the next update as fast as possible, To those who were waiting for the update, thanks for waiting.