3rd: Superhero

The One True Pairing

Fiddling with his phone, twisting and turning it in his hands, he leaned his back against the chair and sighed. He took a look at his watch and realized that it was already afternoon which means he was stuck in the conference room for almost three hours, listening to the on-going talks which seem never ending. While it was part of his daily routine ever since he took over the reins from his father, the previous Chairman, he was busy day in and day out, trying to maintain his family's business. Ironically, even if he was the most powerful person in the organization after his father, he hardly had any days off for himself and even if he did, there was never really enough time to fully enjoy it.

Tomorrow would be an exception  because tomorrow was his older sister's wedding. Although she was the eldest child born in his family, only a male heir was entitled to the position of leadership hence unlike him, his sister had the freedom of choice in her life. Even her fiancé was of her own choosing and not impose to her for the sake of their family. He had met his sister's fiancé a couple of times when he flew out to visit her. Seeing his sister's expressions when she was with him, he knew that his sister had fallen deeply in love with him. Being the daughter of the Kurusagawa Family was intimidating for potential suitors, even though she was gentle and kind-hearted, which had resulted in many failed relationships due to the fact that they couldn't fathom being connected to the Kurusagawa Family.

Her last relationship was a disaster so much so that she thought enough was enough and decided to escape overseas to start afresh. She practically left the family  on her own accord and travelled the world for about a year before he even heard any news from his sister personally. Her first ever phone call back home was to announce that she got engaged to a Korean man who she met aboard. Of course, getting marry to the eldest daughter of the Kurusagawa Family, certain requirements must be met first and that included having to check his personal background.

His name was Choi Seung-hyun, the only son within a family of four. Aged twenty-seven years old, he was the CEO of YG Entertainment, one of the many corporations under the  Choi Conglomerate of the Choi Family, one of the most powerful and wealthiest families in South Korea. Unlike their family customs, Choi Hye-yoon, Seung-hyun's older sister, was the successor of their family despite being almost the same age as his own sister. Although there was three years difference between them, neither sides seems to might the .

Having met him personally, he was pleased to know that his sister had finally chosen a man worthy of her. Not only was his family's reputation impressive, he had courageously loved his sister even though she belonged to the underground society. He had looked passed their family name and cherished her enough to look at her as herself and not as the eldest daughter of the Kurusagawa Family. That alone was enough for him to give his blessings to their marriage. The relationship between his sister and their father was estranged after she left the family so naturally, he was against their marriage and decided not to attend. Instead of their father, he will go on their father's behalf along with their mother who was living in Korea prior to this. 

But before he could take his private jet to Korea to attend the wedding, he was needed at the main headquarters to attend the shareholders' meeting. Just as he wanted to wrap up the session, one of his men went up to him and whispered something to his ear.

"Chairman, there is a call for you from Korea."

"Who is it from?"

"Ayaka Ojou-sama."

"Put her on hold for awhile."

"Yes, sir."

"Gentlemen," he announced, as he stood up from his chair and buttoned his jacket. "Since we have yet to come to a conclusion during today's meeting, I suggest we carry on this discussion on some other day, don't you think?"

The shareholders turned and looked at him. Some of them had actually realized that the Chairman was bored from looking at his expression although no one dared to confront him about it, fearing that they might just earn his anger instead.

"However, Chairman, the business venture into the Russian," interrupted the young associate within the room.

"Shut up, will you?" whispered one of the older shareholders who pulled him to sit down.

"What did you say?" asked the Chairman, turning his attention to him.

"Nothing, Sir." he quickly replied to divert the Chairman's attention away from the novice associate who apparently wasn't aware of their Chairman's notorious temper. "Like you say, since we have yet to decide on the proposal, there's not point in carrying on the meeting any further. Do you all agree?" exclaimed the shareholder as he stood up from his chair and address his fellow members.

"Yes, yes. Maybe next time." answered the group, nodding to his suggestion.

"Then, the meeting will adjourn here. Dismiss."

The Chairman waited until the whole group went out of the room before he took the call from his sister.

"Ayaka, what's wrong? Is there something troubling you? The wedding perhaps?"

"No, it's nothing really. It's not my wedding that's the problem."

"Then? Are you getting the wedding blues?"

"Of course not. Rather, I can't wait for tomorrow to come sooner. It's just that...."

"Is there a problem or not?"

"There is but I don't know how to say it to you."

"If it's not your fault, then you shouldn't be scared."

"Techincally, half of it is my fault," Ayaka admitted, "That's why I'm hesitant to say it but if I don't and if anything happened to her, then I'll feel even more gulity."

"Her?"

"Soichiro," Ayaka took a deep breath, "She ran away from the hotel."

"Who?"

"Ciel," she said slowly, "Ciel ran away from the hotel."

"Whh...WHAT?!!"

 

~//~
 

"Are you sure it's around here?"

"Hey, why don't you drive next time?"

"Sorry," muttered Chaerin, looking out the window.

After the whole chaos which took placed just an hour ago, Chaerin managed to escape away from the police and in some way, end up at the expressway. Ji Yong knew this whole thing had blown out of proportions and decided it was time he took control over the situation. He pretended that he was car sick from Chaerin's driving, forcing her to stop at the roadside to let Ji Yong out. It was during that time that Ji Yong grabbed away the snoopy from her before she had anymore brilliant ideas to threaten him with.

"What the? Hey, return me the snoopy." argued Chaerin, trying to reach her hand for it.

Ji Yong, being taller than her and with his long arms, held the toy up high so that Chaerin couldn't get her hands on it.  Still, it didn't stop Chaerin from trying to snatch it back by jumping up to get the toy. As she jumped, the wind was blowing her hair towards him and with every leap she took, she was getting closer and closer to him. Her scent was overwhelming him so much so that he couldn't take it anymore of this heedless seduction and gave in to her. Ji Yong turned around and calmed himself down before looking at her again.

"I'm sorry, okay." he said through his breath, "I'm sorry for hitting your head, spilling your food, wasting your money and spoiling your breakfast."

Chaerin looked at him and smiled. Somehow, her smile put Ji Yong off guard again.

"There, it wasn't so difficult right?"

"So, can I have the toy back now?"

"You saying sorry and me accepting your apology is two different matters."

"What? You smiled didn't you?"

"My smile didn't mean anything."

"But you accept my apology right?"

"Since when?"

"Since you smile."

"I was happy that you finally apologize to me but it doesn't mean that I'm going to let you off that easy."

"Then, what? You want money as well?"

"Keep your money. I don't need it."

"Then what do you need?"

"I need you to drive me to Jeongseon-gun, Gangwon."

"Jeongseon-gun?"

"Yes."

"For what?"

"None of your business."

"Well, if I'm going to drive you there, I'll need to know why."

"Can't you just drive me there without asking me too much questions?"

"Hey, the least you could do is give me a reason. Then, I would know how to explain to my boss why I'm late for work."

"Work? What work?"

"Okay, there's still one more thing I need to know to get things straight. Do you know who I am?"

"Why? Am I suppose to know who you are?"

Ji Yong turned around and almost throw a fit. Of course the girl didn't know who he was. I mean what kind of person puts an international celebrity in a death car chase with the police trailing right behind them?

"Does the name G-Dragon rings a bell to you?"

"No, why? Is he some sort of superhero?"

"What?!! Superhero?"

The nerve of the girl to call him a superhero. He wasn't one of that lame superhero wearing tights and their underwear outside or even attaching a stupid mantle like some kind of weirdo. He was G-Dragon, the multi talented, award-winning producer, musician and artist. He's the widely-acclaimed fashionista, being invited to countless of fashion shows all over the world and mixed around with labels heads like Karl Lagerfeld and Rick Owens. He had work with well known producers like Pharell Williams, Skrillex and even performed with the Hip Hop Legend Missy Elliot. To think that all of his hardwork in cultivating his reputation up to this day had lead to this. He took a deep breath and calmed down.

Despite all of his achievements and successes, he must be humble. Of course, there will be bound to be some people, some who don't live on planet earth who doesn't know him. Out of all people that he wanted to impress the most, this girl happened to have no clue who was standing right in front of her.

Chaerin looked at him from head to toe. Ever since she had meet this guy for the first time, there was something familiar about him, something that she couldn't put her finger on. Now that she had time to think, rather than getting angry over the fact that he had spoiled her breakfast, she was wondering how on earth did Mr Hwangsu managed to find her. She wasn't planning to go to this extend, forcing someone to help her but she had no choice. If her family really knew what she was doing, instead of being a guest at Ayaka's wedding, they would instantly take her back home and that wasn't something that she had no choice in the matter. Chaerin had came here for a reason and she was just using the invitation to Ayaka's wedding as a cover in disguise to finally act upon her plan.

Although it felt ridiculous to resort to a toy snoopy to get what she wanted, nothing was too abusrd or impossible to realize her mission. After all of this is over, there would certainly be a need to explain her actions today to the Kurusagawa Family, but not if she can make it back in time and just resolve by treating it as a joke that she simply wanted to enjoy her stay on her own and have some fun. Time was ticking and Chaerin knew she didn't have time to strike up a conversation with this guy.

"Are you going to help me or not?" she asked again.

"Okay, the reason being?"

"I just need to see my aunt, okay?"

"Your aunt?"

"Yes, it's been a long time since I seen her and I don't know my way around that part well."

"Then, you could have just taken the taxi or bus there."

"I was planning to but I left all my belongings on my bicycle so now, I need your help." she lied to him. "Besides, if you help me, then I'll treat this as your apology and accept it."

"I already apologised to you."

"And this is my way to accept your apology if you drive me there."

"Fine, get in already."

Ji Yong opened the front door to let her in but instead, she opened the door to the back seat and closed it. Feeling the embarrassment of someone ignoring his good gesture, he slammed the door and went through the other side. Adjusting the mirror to see properly, he saw a glimpse of her reflection in the mirror and sighed.

'If you weren't that damn hot, I'll throw you outside already.'

Chaerin ignored him and looked out the window. A few lies wouldn't hurt to get the job done and this was minor compared to the things she had done in the past. Besides, it wasn't all lies. There was only one thing that she had said to him that was the truth, she really had came here to find her aunt and even then, the location she gave him was just a guess on her part of her whereabouts. Her aunt, whose existence was just recentlly discovered, was someone she was hoping to answer all of her questions.

 


Author's Note:

Hi all, finally completed chapter 3. Somehow, it took me a long time to actually sit down and finish this chapter. I think as the story becomes more complicated, I will need more time to actually write it down so please be patient. Anyways, thanks to all the new subscribers and your comments. Oh, please, please comment as well. I love reading people's comments about my story. Gives me more motivation to write a better story for you guys. Whether it be bad or good, I just need the feedback. thanks.

Hope to see you soon.