Coffee And Cake

Just You and Me

When Jongwoon arrived at his restaurant he found Ryeowook sitting on the curb fiddling with his back. He watched as the boy sighed and checked his phone before shaking his head and standing up. Quickly, almost in a panic that the younger boy would leave, Jongwoon honked his horn, making the boy outside jump quite obviously into the air clutching at his chest as he lands.

He lets the car idle as he opens his door, Jongwoon looks out, “I am sorry…” he says, smiling softly. He watches as Ryeowook turns around with an incredibly shocked expression.

“Oh! Jongwoon…” he mutters, shuffling his feet before moving towards the car. “Hi…”

Jongwoon smiles, “Hi to you too. I am sorry I scared you… and I am sorry I am so late…”

The younger shakes his head, “No, no it’s fine!” he waves his hands in the air, making sure Jongwoon understands that it is no problem, but then he stops and sets his hands at his sides, “Late for what?”

“To pick you up?” Due to the confused look on Ryeowook’s face he explains further, “Kyuhyun said that Sungmin told you I was going to pick you up today because Sungmin had to stay back for work today… Didn’t he?”

Again, the younger shakes his head, “Sungmin said that Kyuhyun was going to get me so I should wait for his text message. I hadn’t received one so I was going to catch the bus when you surprised me.”

The older can feel his face fall, he was hoping he would pick up an excited Ryeowook who would tell him about his day at the café and Jongwoon would apologise for being late, offering to pick him up after he finished class so they could have a coffee and piece of cake. Ryeowook, in his mind, would accept the offer quite shy and bashful about the entire situation. And so, after class finished Jongwoon would take Ryeowook out for coffee and cake, in an unofficial date, before taking him home where he would walk him to the door and kiss him goodnight before running away from Sungmin who would probably catch them…

“Jongwoon?” Ryeowook calls, Jongwoon nods, shaking away his thoughts, “Should we go if you are here to take me to class?”

Jongwoon nods, “Uh, yeah, sounds good. Climb in.” He smiles shyly as they set off for the class.

Both are silent when they get to the first set of lights. Ryeowook fidgeting with his fingers and Jongwoon tapping on the steering wheel in time to an unknown beat. The radio is low and that makes it even more awkward for the both of them. The light turns green and Jongwoon weaves through the traffic. Only to stop not too much further down the road at a second set of lights. This time, Ryeowook is looking around, out the window. Trying to think of something to say, anything that would stop the tension.

He coughs.

Jongwoon instantly turns to him, worried, “Are you okay? Do you need some water?”

Ryeowook giggles, “No, I am fine. Thank you…”

The eldest nods, turning back to the road to once again move through the barrage of cars that Seoul has on its roads.

Ryeowook smiles softly to himself, “You got really worried then, huh?”

Biting his lip Jongwoon nods, “A little.”

Blushing, the younger looks at his lap, “Thank you… For your concern…”

“I care about you…” They drive through a third set of traffic lights before turning right, “I was so worried I was going to be late to pick you up… I got lost before I came to get you actually…”

“You got lost?” the younger giggles, “You own the place and you got lost?”

He nods, turning again, before looking at his GPS for confirmation he was going the right way. “Yeah, I was avoiding someone and I went a different way…”

“Oh! Was it a really tall man named Choi Siwon?”

Jongwoon sighs, “So he came to the restaurant?”

Humming the younger nods, “He is really strange…” His tone is dreamy and Jongwoon isn’t sure he likes it when Ryeowook talks about someone that way. Ryeowook makes a face, remembering about the other man, “He kept talking about how he was a product of God…”

Laughing Jongwoon finally pulls into the cooking school; they’re still early so they can talk a little while longer without feeling rushed. Even if it happens to be about another man and Jongwoon has to sit with a gut retching feeling in his stomach. “Yeah, he likes to believe that the Lord communicates through him sometimes. We are good friends though.”

Nodding Ryeowook smiles sweetly, before asking with his head cocked to the side in a cute manner, “Then why were you hiding from him?”

The older of the two can feel his face being engulfed by flames at the cute action. Why was this boy before him always making his stomach do stupid flips and making his heart beat so fast with the simplest of actions?

“If I got caught by him, you wouldn’t be here yet; you would be waiting for a bus.” The sentence is a lot harder to say then Jongwoon wants it to be. He stutters several times and stumbles over a word here and there.

Ryeowook acts like he doesn’t notices Jongwoon’s stuttering, but his cheeks turn a light shade of pink as he realises how much effort the older went to in order to get him to class on time. Looking anywhere but Jongwoon’s face, Ryeowook’s eyes land on his phone, where he now sees the time and starts gathering his things.

“I should get in there to set up…” He mutters biting his lip nervously when he turns to face the dark hair man, “Uh… Thank you… For driving me…”

Scratching the nap of his neck Jongwoon shrugs, “Anytime…”

They sit in silence for a little while before Ryeowook finally opens his door, “Thank you…” he whispers again, shutting his door and walking towards the building before them.

He is so cute…

Jongwoon quickly opens his door, “Ryeowook!” he yells at the younger, as he starts running towards him. When he reaches the younger – who hasn’t really gone too far – he wipes his hands on his pants and looks at their feet.

“Do you want me to pick you up?” he whispers, blushing profusely at how lame he is. If he had any guts he would just ask him out. He would just say ‘Ryeowook would you like to go on a date later?’ but instead, he does it in a roundabout way.

They stand in silence for what seems like minutes to Jongwoon but is really just twelve measly seconds.

Ryeowook is slightly taken back by the sudden question. It was like Jongwoon had read his mind. He was just thinking of how he was going to have to catch the bus home or the train because there was no way Sungmin would do it once he said Kyu was going to. Once Sungmin had delegated a job, it was delegated to that person until he said otherwise. Then he had thought of how nice it would be to go home with Jongwoon again...

He puts his bag down so that it is resting next to him

“I would really like that,” Ryeowook says, and Jongwoon lifts his head to look Ryeowook in the eyes. They both have flushed cheeks and racing hearts, with soft blissfully happy smiles on their faces.

A scoff comes from behind them, “Seriously Wookie? Just kiss the guy and come inside, I want to complain about class before it starts.” A rather woman wraps her arms around Wook’s waist and rests her head on his shoulder. Her long hair tied up in a ponytail, if it wasn’t for her voice Jongwoon would assume that she was a natural female. “I mean why must the teacher be so hot and the class so lame.” She looks up at JongWoon and scoffs again, “He’s kind creepy Wook. I will see you inside. I want details~”

Hanging his head in embaressment Ryeowook bites his lip. “Sorry about him… He is my cooking partner… He likes skinship a lot...”

Ah, so she is a he…

“Oh… Well… He’s… Flamboyant…” is all Jongwoon can say through grit teeth. He is unsure of where all this jealousy is coming from. He is used to seeing Ryeowook having someone else hug him or protect him. But there is something different and challenging about Choi Siwon and the flamboyant she-man Kim Heechul. It’s dangerous territory that Jongwoon has stepped into.

“I will see you after class?” Ryeowook says, still looking down, there is hope in his voice even though it has all been removed from his body.

Jongwoon sighs, lifting the youngers chin and touching his upperlip as he does so, “I wouldn’t miss it for anything.”

He leans in and softly presses his lips to Ryeowook’s. 

 

A/N:: I will leave this here...

Jealous and challenged Jongwoon made his move~~ Thank you oh great Sisus and he-devil Kim Heechul, both of your beautiful souls will forever be thanked for making this event - that wasn't going to happen till much later - happen to day.

Enjoy my little cupcakes~!