Chapter 3

Only You

Yuri's POV

'Fany<3 :

Jessie! Can we meet today?'

Questions bombarded my mind.

Who is this Fany? Why haven't I heard of her before?

"Yuri! I'm ready!"

Quickly, I put the phone back on her dressing table.

I turned around, taking a deep breath, swallowing the big ball that was in my throat and pretended I didn't know anything.

Jessica's POV

I walked out of the closet room beside my toilet and I swear I heard Yuri sniffing.

When I turned around the corner, I saw Yuri already carrying her bag, waiting for me.

Was that tears I saw in her eyes? 

I went closer to see but she had turned and walked out of the room before I could reach her.

That's weird...

I grabbed my handphone, my purse, my bag and left the room quickly.

She waited for me downstairs beside my mom.

I slunged my bag on my shoulder and gave my mom a quick hug before leaving.

Slipping my feet into my shoes, I reached out my hand to take Yuri's hand.

Unfortunately, Yuri had walked away.

"Sigh. What is wrong with this girl?" I mumbled to myself.

"Yuri ah! Wait for me!" she just ignored me and continued walking.

I checked my phone to see what time it was and saw a message notification.

It was Fany.

'Fany, I have school now. Call you later?' I pressed the send button and looked up.

Yuri was already sitting at the bus stop.

I quickened my pace when I saw the bus coming behind me.

She did not even wait for me before boarding the bus.

Sigh.

I walked along the aisle and sat beside her.

"Yah! What is wrong with you?" I slapped her laps and left a red mark.

"Nothing. Why?" she rubbed the red spot.

"Why didn't you wait for me?"

"You were too slow and we are getting late."

" We are always getting late but you always waited no matter what. Why didn't you just now? Is something wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. Just don't feel like."

What?

"Mwoh? Just don't feel like? Obviously something's bothering you. What is it Yuri? You can't lie to me, you know that. You were okay earlier but suddenly you became moody. Oh, okay I get it. You're having PMS." I giggled as I finished my last sentence.

"Not funny, Sica. There's really nothing wrong. Don't worry about me."

"Okay, fine." I turned my head to the front and waited for the bus to reach our school.

Yuri's POV

We remained silent the whole journey. We were never like this before.

Why Jessica? How come I don't know anything about this Fany? You never hide anything from me before. We promised not to keep secrets from each other.

I swallowed my saliva to prevent tears from falling.

I just stared out of the window, enjoying the scenery, trying my best not to think about it.

...

"You said nothing's wrong but you are acting weird. Yuri..."

I ignored her and just walked straight into the school.

"Jessi!" I heard someone calling out to her.

I was about to turn around to see who was it when I heard Jessica saying, "Fany?"

My heart hurts more.

Without bothering to tell Sica, I left them and walked quickly to the nearest toilet.

Hiding myself in one of the cubicles, I closed the lid of the toilet bowl and sat on it, and let my tears fall.

I can't seem to stop crying.