Starting Line

7 BitterSweet Memories

 

 

Thank you Cha Hakyeon for the amazing poster. #ChaHakyeon #Hazel #Jjang

 

I'm not really good at first chapter (such as few authors had said, cause it's true. First chapter is hardest.)

Enjoy the rollercoaster ride with me okay ^^ Let's get this started! (it's hard writing 3,000 words T_T)

 

 

I stir the coffee using a teaspoon while staring into space. It's like my daily routine every morning, evening and even night in the weekdays to make drinks. But since it's school week, I only had to do drinks in the morning since my school starts from 5 a.m. until 2 a.m. It was hard staying at school for 21 hours but since study is my parents priority for their children, I had to bear with it for a few years. I had passed 10 years and i'm in 11th grade before one more year and then I get to graduate high school before getting into collage for 4 more years and that's when I work for part-time jobs. I've made list on what to do for the future since I didn't want to let fate give me what I need, I still need to give effort if I want to be a successful woman and give pride to the Jung's family.

 

I heard my mom talking about the hot topic with my dad who's reading the newspaper diligently at the background from my mind. They are shouting to each other since mom is at the kitchen while dad is at the dining room. My eyes blink from the eternity stare at the cabinet when I saw a small movement from the corner of my eyes.

"Oh, you're finally ready! Hana has been waiting for you. It's getting late. You're always like this even if it's the first day of school!" Mom made her voice in a high pitch, accidently as if scolding my brother for being late, again. But i'm sure, she's just worried that we're going to get into detention for getting to school late.

"It's still early, mom." I can hear my brother groan and the chair squeaked which means he's struggling wearing socks. It's always like that everyday which i'm not shocked.

"Jung Daehyun, don't do two things at the same time." My dad scold him next.

I heard Daehyun groan, "Isn't it good that i'm atleast doing two things at the same time? That means I'm professional." He proudly state with a muffled voice and that means there's a bread on his mouth. I can guess almost immediately because that's how he is.

I walk towards the dining table with the tray full of cups and a teapot.

"Ohh! Is it coffee?"

"I always make coffee in the morning, Jung Daehyun." I roll my eyes as I pour the coffee into one of the cup carefully.

"Who knows you suddenly wanted to make orange juice in the morning," he showed me a silly grin.

"And make you feel annoyed with the sudden cold? I'll try soon." I reply with an innocent grin.

Daehyun showed me an 'oohhhh' expression as if what I said is a 'burnnn' thing. "Your tongue is getting sharper these days." He cackle as he bit the another toast. I shook my head with a small smile remain on my face.

"Jung Daehyun, next time learn to put your dirty clothes in the basket which is officially for your clothes." Mom showed a disapprove look towards Daehyun who only grin like a small kid.

My dad tsked at Daehyun's behaviour, "When are you going to mature up like Hana? Look at her," and he smiled at me while I give a dazed blink. What's with me? Daehyun snorted as he cackle again.

"I'm a fresh handsome man, she's just a silent obedient woman. You want me to be like her? Let me try," Daehyun cough a little before creating a straight line on his mouth and sit politely. I frown towards him. I'm not like that!

After a few second, he got back to his own self, "I can't stand being like that for even one minute, dad. Just let me be me." He showed a V sign as he munch on the toast.

"I'm not making coffee for you anymore, Daehyun." I sulk at his behaviour. How dare he imitate me wrongly. I'm not even like that. He just makes it worst!

Daehyun just let me be as he munch his toast with a big grin. "I can make coffee myself~ and add the orange juice." He laugh at my dissapointed face.

"Daehyun, enough teasing your sister." Mom sent him a stern look.

He immediately sniff as if he's sulking too. "Mom and dad is always siding Hana, who's going to side with me?" he pretended to whine and I can't help but to take the opportunity. 

"Of course Minkyung." I grin from ear to ear as my parents laugh lightly when Daehyun cheeks turn scarlet red out of embarassment.

Minkyung is like crushing on him since middle school and often come to our home to take our heart in accepting her as Daehyun's girlfriend, when she's not even one. Daehyun always turn serious when it comes to her, since she annoys him the most. If she come to our house, Daehyun would always put his hand around me and mom's mouth and let dad doing his own stuff since dad didn't really care about her. Me and mom would always team up to let the girl in, but often fail because of Daehyun's strength in trying to make it sound like there's no one at home.

"Shut up, Jung Hana." and the tease didn't stop between us family.

 

 

"Hurry up, school is starting you moron." I growl as I shot a look towards Daehyun who's being a slow-poke. "You wouldn't want a scar on your report card right?" I fastened my walk since I don't see any change in his pace.

"I know it's already late so why bother being fast," He showed me his stupid grin yet again. Ugh, I don't understand boys.

"We can still make it." I sternly spoke as I began running.

Daehyun began skipping and he immediately got beside me, "that's why I'm being careless." he didn't stop skipping and got around the corner almost immediately. My eyebrows pinched together. Their stamina are really different with ours. Hmm.

As I turn towards the corner, I bump into a tall man with black messy hair wearing our school formal uniform. He's from the same school as me and Daehyun. But why is he going to the opposite way?

I give a slight glance towards his face and I saw how anxious he had looked. He must have been on his way to skip school and not get caught by the teachers. However, there's something flashed in his eyes which I can't really pinpoint. There is this flash which I claim as worry but then again, there's a lot of feelings at one time.

I stare at him and he stare back at me. When I stare longer, I finally remember who he is. It's no other than my childhood friend who grew quiet when we got to middle school.

He slightly bow towards me which makes me bow back before he sprint away. He didn't say sorry, but I understand how emergency it was for him. I rarely see him skipping school so there must have been a reason for him to do such thing.

Sehun is always like that.

I walk towards the school gate with memories coming in my mind like a flashback.

 

 

I still remember how Sehun is cheerful when it comes to me. We played jump in a sack, 5 stones, hula hoop and even throw marbles into the located hole. We fought a lot because Sehun is somehow, a boy, who is not mature enough and grew aggressive by throwing sands towards my face and I often cry like a baby because I was upset but even with such fights, we got back together in no time.

When middle school starts, he got his own friends and got influenced by them. They said that, "What kind of boy clings around a girl?" Ugh, I can still hear that annoying voice.

Those words are still clear in my mind. Those words that hurt my fragile heart. And when I think about it right now, it didn't really hurt my heart.

We grew awkward when 10th grade came because we're classmates. But when 11th grade, which is now, Sehun move to the first class while i'm second.

 

 

The flashback ends when my only friend came to my view, but I don't really take her as friend. She's just friendly towards everyone but at least, we talk a lot compared to other people that talk to me just to ask about home work.

"Hey Hana!!" She squeal in delight when she saw me. "Thought that you would be late again." I shot her a look. "Okay, I know. It's because of your brother, again." and she laugh it off.

She knows me the best. I told you I don't have a best friend and she's not my friend. Keep that in mind. She's just friendly and that's why I just had to join her by telling her stuffs because sometimes she urges me but sometimes, it's because of her chatter mouth that makes me talk voluntarily. And her name is Song Aerin.

She clings her left arm with my right arm and pull me off with her. I can't help but to carve a smile as I join her walk. But she skips of course. That's just her personality.

"I can't believe we are classmates, again." She giggle, happy by the fact that she can talk to me the whole day. I just hope that I didn't get into detention like she did. She always did and the teachers know her well. She just love to talk that she didn't care if she had to do detention. Sometimes, I envy her because she don't really read books but manage to score well. "I already pick a table for you. Just in case." She winks before bursting into small giggles.

She's cheerful, pretty, cute, looks young, talented, smart and even athletic. She just have a few flaw, and that is of course, clumsy,  a personality which no girl can run from.

She stop at a table and I guess that was suppose to be my table. "Thanks." I show her a pleasant smile. It's always like this every year since middle school. She picks the best table and spot for me. Looking back, she had became prettier and much more gentler. Before, she's much more exposed to soccer and boy stuffs even if she was deserted by the boys. Because..the boys..well...I had said it before up there. And it annoys me to say it again. It just makes me want to puke.

She just give me a small nod and reply my smile before going to her own table. She sits far away at the back with some new girl which I don't even know when did she exist. But oh well, at least Aerin is having fun making new friends. It was always Aerin to do that every year but somehow, she never forget me or even push me away. That's what I like the most about her.

Putting down my bag, I decided to give a stroll around the corridor to..ehem, spy on other class. It's my routine before getting back into class even if i'm late because of Daehyun.

I love to look at every student routine, their personalities, their everyday mouth that talks non-stop. It just amazes me.

I start my stroll from the first class. There's around 6 class for 11th grade students. We enjoy going to other class and make it as if it's your own class since no one is going to chase us away, but if there's a teacher..of course we can't get in and have to stay silent. It's like a tradition.

I stare at the first class and noticed that they were all stay seated on their own seat while focusing in reading books or manga, or whatever but still, reading. I can't help but to salute emotionally towards them. I can't possibly do it physically, they would think that i'm crazy.

I walk towards the second one, which is my own new class. It's quite noisy rather than peaceful. There are splattered group of people all over the class, not bothering in talking to the other group. I can immediately tell how there are various personalities from each of the group, because of different interests. Some are into soccer, some are into the city life..but much more to entertainment industry which is an uproar these days because of k-pop, there are also those who are into their own world, talking alone and all. I just hope it won't make my life a ruckus for this year.

I was going to start my stroll for the third class. But sadly, I spotted my homeroom teacher in a rush towards our class. I know her. She's famous for her stern personality and a very discipline lady. Even if it's only first day for the year, I always see her walking everywhere last year.

I walk towards my classroom and immediately sit down. The teacher walk in, causing my other classmate to rush when the discipline teacher stare at them. Everyone is already sitting so someone just need to shout a good morning.

"Good morning, Seonsaengnim." Taewoo, the brave one shout before lowering his head, bowing. We all followed after him and the teacher look at us with a sign of satisfied at our etiquette.

"Very good." She showed us a big smile. "As you all know, it was notified to all of you that i'm your homeroom teacher and I teach you guys home economics." All of us just nod obediently, not daring to say a word. "I didn't know you guys are this good. I was pretty sure I heard a ruckus a few minutes ago." She teased and a few student showed her silly grins. "Well then, for now, call me Cha Seonsaengnim and," My homeroom teacher glance at Taewoo's nametag before continuing what she wanted to say, "Im Taewoo will be the monitor. I can change the monitor anytime so don't brag about it." She gave a stern look towards Taewoo who smile innocently. "Don't be naughty and if I found out, that person will do something else instead of detention. No writing thousand times on board using a chalk. This time, I'll give you guys worse." and she immediately go out since the bell rang almost immediately. She's really straight to the point. She makes it clean.

Murmurs were heard as the students talk with their friends. Some congratulate Taewoo for being the monitor. And here I am...

I didn't know time went that fast. Too fast for my liking. Because it means that I need to start the engine in my mind because the first subject is..History.

"Aw, I have to be careful when it comes to home economics then." I glance towards Aerin who's whining at the back with a small smile.

 


 

I really wanted to talk about History with you guys, but somehow i'm getting sleepy just by thinking about it.

My History teacher was quite strict that students are afraid to put their head on the table. I noticed how the teacher didn't really care if a student sleeps from the way she talks. My classmates would probably not know about it since they just blindly stare at the textbook in front of them. But I prefer observing. I look at my teacher's face from the start until the end but of course I hear whatever she says.

She start off with an introduction and immediately ask us to open our textbook. She's that fast. The fact that she easily remember our name is making my classmates nervous and somehow their hands turn clammy. I saw that from the corner of my eyes.

Okay, enough with history since fun is awaiting us. It's time to start our vocal lesson. It's not really a must to learn, but since majority students from our school is kind of those who want to achieve in entertainment industry. I can't help but to just join in since I thought that it would be fun to learn using our voices instead of just using our minds. Plus, my family was gifted with beautiful voices, especially my brother, Jung Daehyun.

 

He's really good I tell you. He often brags about it but I don't really praise him so he got upset a lot but after a few time of bragging and getting the same response from me, which is, 'that's good' , he thought that it was usual. He knows how I am afterall so he didn't get that touchy anymore.

Mom often ask him to sing to villagers during any celebration or festival. She's just a proud mom. While I just stay at the sideline supporting him mentally. Dad is proud of him too, but dad just acts like me. If you saw me at the festival, there would also be dad beside me. Mom would be near the stage to wait for Daehyun. And when Daehyun finishes, mom would give him a grateful hug.

I just hug dad if it ends.

They say, Sons always stay close with Mother while the Daughter would stay close with their Father. And I find it true. But when it comes to problems, I would always whine or story tell to my mom instead of my dad since mom understands me, because..we are girls. It's obvious.

My singing ability didn't flatter that much, but my vocal capacity is just so-so. It's not that hideous, nor was it that perfect. I'm just average so I don't have high expectation for music class. But Daehyun did.

 

When I got to music class, Daehyun was there smiling brightly towards everyone who enters his 'lair'. He's probably observing everyone behind that eyesmile, wondering or must I say, pondering on what each of us sound like. His eyes met mine, and his smile became much more bright which I can't help but to chuckle lightly. That dumb boy and good in vocal is my brother. I can't believe it.

We all sit on the floor obediently. I bet majority of us can't wait to sing.

Our new teacher began introducing herself, and her assistant, which is Daehyun who smile innocently, which is what he did to get a good impression from students. I spot a glint of anticipation dancing in his eyes. I can tell from the way how he can't stop smiling.

"I'm anticipating to hear your voices and I can tell that all of you can't wait to sing because of your love for music." He gaze stop at me. "And I guess there are also those who are not a big fan of music." He winks greasily. He's trying to make me annoyed, I knew it.

There are a few girl behind me squealing and I can't help but to think that my brother is that handsome to make people shout in glee and kneel in front of him easily.

I just show him a forced smile and he look away with his smile stretched much more.

And the class start merrily.

 


 

Forgive my spellings/grammars/any mistakes. I warned ya lol.

It's depressing when I wrote a lot and I copied them to change font when suddenly I misplaced them because I accidently press something and poof! It's gone. Ugh then I forgot what I wrote so I have to write like the kindergarden style.(which is what my bestfriend usually say lol)

At least I manadged to write the first chapter smoothly..happily.

 

 

  Fïre Monkëy ₪