Pressure

Money Can Buy Love, Right?

L.Joe's POV

-At home-

 

I'm home. I said silently in my head to umma.

 

I had always said that to her when she was still.......alive.

 

She would rush to me and kiss my cheeks no matter how many times I reminded her to quit that habit.

 

I never thought that one day I would actually miss this act from her.

 

When I walked into the living room, that man was already sitting there, surprisingly with no women or alcohol.

 

I breezed past him, ignoring his existence.

 

"Byung Hun, I have something very important to tell you." He said.

 

I turned around with a hint of sarcasm on my lips, "Old man, just how many times do I have to tell you not to call me Byung Hun?"

 

"........Byung Hun-ah." He sighed and looked at me in that special disappointmed way of his.

 

Living under the same roof is already too much for me, why does he still have to push his limit?!

 

Byung Hun.........only Umma can call me that! Only her.......

 

Where was my so-called Appa when Umma just past away? In the ing club dancing with disgusting thirty year old women.

 

What was the first thing Appa said to me after the funeral? Now, there's no one to cook for us.

 

Is he even a human?! How can he say that as if Umma was only a tool to him? How can he say it infront of ME, who loved Umma so much that it still hurts to think of her?

 

Clenching my fists, I strode into the kitchen just beside the living room and poured a glass of water.

 

After drinking it all in one gulp, I was about to dash up the stairs when a heavy hand landed on my shoulder.

 

The atmosphere seemed to tense.

 

He. Should. Never. Ever. Try. To. Touch. Me.

 

"Get your hand off me." I said coldly.

 

I tried to stop the gutteral growling that was emitting from deep inside my throat.

 

However, that man didn't seem to get my warning.

 

He placed another hand on my other should and spun me around.

 

He's. Close. To. Passing. My. Limit.

 

"Just listen to me. This is important." The old man said and pushed me into one of the leather couches.

 

I glared at him and decided that if he ever tries to touch me again, I'll simply dislocate his shoulder.

 

The man lowered himself onto a couch across from mine and laced his fingers together.

 

"Byung Hun, your Umma and I had agreed to Hyun-ah that we would let you marry her daughter after you've turned 17. This was decided a long time ago." He said slowly.

 

My first reaction was to protest but I gritted my teeth. Umma.....Umma had agreed too......is this her.....last wish?

 

"But we thought that you should decide for your own life, so our last decision was that if you already have a lover, then you could marry her instead of Hyun-ah's daughter. " He finished and watched for my reactions.

 

My mind started spinning quickly, weaving ideas.

 

If I had a lover, then I don't need to marry that stranger. But the problem is I don't have a lover!

 

Or I do...........

 

I smiled like a cunning fox.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please comment and subscribe! Thank you!

Huge thanks to gikwangljoe and Capital-A for subscribing even though it's on hiatus!! I'm really happy XD

 

To Subscribers:

snowbunnytl: Haha, lol!!! Don't worry, I'll still update even though it's on hiatus ;)

gikwangljoe: Kamsahamnida! I hope this update is counted as 'fast' and thank you for waiting :P

Capital-A: Komapsumnida! I'll keep the story rolling XD

 

P.S. Sorry, I've changed the story a little bit. L.Joe believed that money can buy everything when his mum passed away and his dad started dating other women who actually just wanted his money. That all happened three months ago. Even though it's a short time, because of his pain for his mum and hatred for his dad, the belief of money can buy love as well is rooted in his mind.

Hope you still like it ;)