Chapter 2

Infinitely

 

Her brown eyes fell upon the picture reflected from her camera, her fingers traced the outline of the girl's face, features slightly obscured by her dark hair.


Jessica doesn't know how long she's been staring at this picture, all she knew was the feeling of wanting to see this girl again.


She knew it wasn't just a simple surge of interest — it wouldn't have her like this even if it was, and Jessica was utterly stumped because never had she had this gnawing feeling or impulse to get to know someone. It was like an attraction, almost.


And the fact still remained, this girl seemed familiar.


No matter how hard she tried to picture the girl from her past — brown hair and soft caramel eyes, a smile that never wavered as if untouched by the world, she couldn't remember her clearly.


Image tainted by years of not seeing her — Jessica never realized just how much of an impact it had on her memory. 


And she wondered, would it really be such a childish thought to wish for the girl from the picture to be her Stephanie?


Because no matter the years and months that's passed one thing Jessica knew and never forgot, was the way her eyes would curve like the smile upon her soft lips — causing a million of fireflies to erupt from the pit of her stomach and make her heart feel as light as a feather being carried away by the wind.


That feeling could never be replaced and she felt it — felt it the moment their eyes locked for the briefest of seconds in that cafe as if reminding Jessica of what she had forgotten — of what she left behind.


As if the fear of never finding her wasn't enough already the possibility of it being Stephanie and losing her again was even more terrifying than not seeing her ever.


Jessica couldn't let that thought go — nor will she let this girl, Tiffany, come in and out of her life as if it didn't mean anything.


As if her heart skipping at the thought of seeing her again wasn't such a big deal.

 

Because it was.

 

-

 

"Tiffany wake up! It's alright!"

 

Her eyes fluttered open, heart beating fast as small beads of sweat rolled down the side of her face.


She could still feel the impact as if the dream had been real.


Brushing her hair back, her hand settled upon her temple, head throbbing in pain as she spared her father a quick glance.


Her father slipped in beside her, covers long forgotten at the foot of the bed. He made soft soothing sounds to calm her beating heart, hand tracing soft circles on her back.


"It's alright," he had soothed, kissing away her nightmares but not stilling the throbbing in her head.


"What was it this time?"


Tiffany leaned her body against her father's chest as she tried to recall exactly what her dream had been about — however all she could remember was pain.


She shook her head, hoping that not talking about it would make the pain go away.

 

Her eyes fell on the ring upong her finger and she subconsciously began playing with it, calming her nerves somewhat as she spoke gently, "… A crash."


He looked at her in confusion, eyebrows nitted together and lips in a tight line as he asked, "When was the last time this happened? I though you didn't have these episodes anymore, honey."


Tiffany shook her head, eyes downcast, never leaving the subtle outlines of the patterns of her ring. Her thoughts were all jumbled together interfering with all and any cohorent thought she might have had.


"It did stop... I don't understand why it's acting up again," Tiffany confessed.


Her father remained silent, eyes filled with worry and desperation because it scared him — to think his daughter was going to suffer again.


"I'll call your doctor, see what we can do to make it better, okay?"


Tiffany had nodded not wanting her father to worry for her any longer. However, she knew it was futile.


Leaning back onto the bed she stared at her ceiling, thoughts on a continuous loop revolving around a pair of eyes — warm and inviting, and a smile so gentle it chased the pain away.


-

 

The air surrounding them was still as they walked at a slow pace next to each other, Yoona throwing a few worried glances over to her but Tiffany tried her best to ignore them.


Pushing her specs higher up her nose, Tiffany released a tired sigh as she once more caught Yoona eyeing her.


"Yoona..."


The younger girl looked away and instead focused on her shoes.


Yoona knew that what had transpired this morning wasn't just an average every day sort of thing. She knew that her sister stopped having these dreams a long time ago — and yet for some reason Yoona knew that this was relevant. That this was something important.


"Since when did it start happening again?" Yoona questioned softly, eyes falling over Tiffany's shorter frame, hand reaching out towards hers.


Tiffany looked down, suddenly feeling useless and unprepared — very much like the way she was back then.


"I don't know," she started, heart feeling heavy and stomach feeling uneasy. "Two weeks ago, I think."


Yoona hummed quietly, "Did you do anything to trigger supressed emotions?"


Tiffany shook her head, "I just… I met a girl — well we didn't actually meet but I don't know… she seemed — I don't know how to explain."


Yoona pondered for a minute before releasing her hand, "That's odd..."


"Is it?" Uncertainly was engraved in her tone as she pushed her hair back and looked up at Yoona.


"Well," she spoke, "did this happened everytime you met someone new?"


Tiffany shook her head and Yoona remained quiet, thumb ghosting over her hand in a comforting way.


She tried recalling the other girl's face but she couldn't distinguish anything other than faded features and it angered her because she knew that this morning she had remembered her clearly. She didn't understand why she couldn't now.


-


Tiffany sighed against her locker, forhead resting against the cool metal as she braced herself because the overpowering pounding in her head was too much for her to handle.


She didn't know why she was being like this now — it's been a long time since this had happened.


The constant headaches, the uneasiness in the pit of her stomach — a scary feeling that something bad was going to happen.


All of this, it had stopped an year after the incident.


She's been taking her medication, she made sure to take it at the corresponding hour, every single day but it was quite strange for her symptoms to be acting up without reason.


She closed her locker door gently, trying not to be too loud because the minimal of sounds was enough to strike a sharp pain in her temple.


It wasn't only the peircing pain but the uncomfortable feeling she was experiencing on the faint scar across her temple was something unexpectanly new as well.


She pushed herself off of the lockers and tried to steady her breathing — the sudden lightheadedness was terrifying her greatly.


She tried to walk but the second she stepped one foot forward, the world around her began spinning and she lost control of her legs momentarily as she collided against the lockers with a distinct clash.


She felt a hand on her wrist trying to steady her but her eye sight was hazy and all she could make out was a blur of brown and white before darkness settled in as she lost consciousness.

 


(A/N):  Hi guys ~ Here's another chapter from me,  I hope you're  liking the story thus far. Please comment down below what you think about it ~

Have you guys heard Tiffany's new song? What do you think?

 

stay healthy and love freely

shadow14