of slides & pouts.

butterfly.

for jongdae's lil poop, eye shur

-

There are three boys at the slide when Ara and Aesook arrive. Having lost at rock, paper, scissors, Ara lets Aesook stand in line before her as they await their turn on the slide. After the second boy reaches the bottom of the slide, Aesook notices the boy in front of her refusing to climb the stairs up to the slide. The five year old could feel the hesitation in the boy in front of her, so she gently taps the boy’s shoulder. The boy turns around in an instant, a pout gracing his lips.

“Are you ok?” Aesook asks concerned. The little boy shyly rubs his arm.

“This is my first time going on the slide without my mommy,” he answers. He lowers his head in embarrassment and shame, but Aesook refuses to let the boy feel pathetic. With determination, the little girl calls out the boy with a ‘hey.’ He stares up at Aesook again.

“If you want, I can catch you from the bottom of the slide,” Aesook offers. Slowly, a smile forms on the little boy’s face and he nods.

“I would like that.”

As promised, Aesook is there for the boy when he slides down. They become instant friends after that. The little boy’s name is Jiwon and the smile on Aesook’s face never fades away the whole day.

-

sorry aishah. i cannot write with you and jun. but i sorta can write you and bobby xoxo