You will always be my best friend

You will always be my best friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The same stupid remark again: “You guys should date/marry”. I didn’t like the comments anymore so I decided to say something back to them. Right before I could say something I got a reaction from the person who was sitting next to me “Let them be, they’re just trying to find something to entertain themselves.” It was my best friend Dongwoo saying this to me. I had to give him right, but I still didn’t like the comments. It started to bug me.

Well on the other side I could understand it. He and I we were like twins. Nobody could ever see us two apart. We made our homework together, attended the same sports together. We only had to give each other a look and we could understand what the other person wanted to say without exchanging a word. I could rely on him and he could rely on me. Also we were the funny-makers in class.  Everybody knew us and people liked us, of course you also had the bad apples. But we decided that we shouldn’t pay them much attention, because it wasn’t worth the energy.

We were best friends since… well since we were born. Everything we did together, we did it since kindergarten; playing in the sand box, eating together, sleeping together, playing outside. Even the rain couldn’t stop us.

It sounds like I have the best life. Well that was not the case. Every good story has a bad side. I got abused since I could remember my first memory. Father was always aggressive and drunk. Mother died when I was three years old. We didn’t had other family members, because they all had cut off their contacts with us. You could say we got abandoned. I always got beaten up, even if I looked into his eyes. “Go to hell, devils child”, he screamed at me while beating me up. So when that happened, it happened a lot, I ran away from home. I took the bike and cycled to the playground where I grew up. I went to the biggest tree, sat underneath it and started to cry my tears out that I had kept inside. I was never allowed to cry in front of my dad. “Crying is for the weak.” he always said. My nose was bleeding and I had some bruises on my arms. While not paying attention around me, a handkerchief was pressed against my nose. I looked up terrified, but thank Lord it was my best friend Dongwoo. He had a black eye, like usual he had some bruises on his body. “Your nose is bleeding” he said while he was carefully trying to wipe away some blood off my face. Later on he tried to cheer me up and it worked. I did the same thing when he was sad. I knew I could count on him and talk about anything with him. He thought about this the same way I did.

At high school, people always thought we were a couple. They even asked about our wedding date. Haha, me and Dongwoo getting married? It would be crazy if that would ever happen. But he is and always will be my best friend. My other half.

“Yes! Finally I have my High school diploma! Up to be an actress baby!” I was so happy, finally I can follow my dream. I will shine on Broadway and win some Oscars. Everything was already neated, my ticket to America was already bought. I was almost 18 so I thought I didn’t needed my father’s permission… I had a slack grin on my face “Not that  it even would matter if I was gone”.

My cell phone went off “Hello? Oh hey Jack… Yes my suitcases are already packed and I will be at the airport in a few hours. Haha, I would never exchange you for another agent. Never. You fixed that part for me and I’m so thankful you were there at the beginning for me. I will keep the people I had in the beginning with me, because from now on I can only trust you. You guys will be honest to me and will not go after my money. Hmm? No I can’t come yet, I need to say my goodbyes to Dongwoo… my best friend. And Jack… Thanks for everything, like sticking around when nothing went right. I really mean it *smiling*… I will see you at the airport, bye!

I heard laughter behind me, so I turned around to see Dongwoo. “Did you just change me for a Jack or something?” he said laughing. I laughed with his angelic smile, his adorable smile. The one who made my day better. But the mean girl I was, I begun to bully him. With a serious face I said the following thing; “Yes I did. Because now that I’m famous, I can only be around important people. So in this case, I don’t need you anymore”. You had to see his face, it was gold! Too bad I didn’t record it, he really thought I was serious. But Dongwoo was a person who believed almost everything. Such a sweet dork. I started to feel bad and I couldn’t keep my laugh anymore so I laughed really loud. “You had to see your face Dongwoo!” I was saying while laughing. Apparently my laugh soothed him, but he wouldn’t keep it there so he said with a serious face; ”Thank God, finally you understand it too. I was already thinking how I could say to you that I was done with you. I don’t want this friendship anymore.” I was trying to find a laugh on his face, because Dongwoo would’ve laughed by now. But.. he didn’t. I began to feel nervous. I thought he was serious and looked at him in disbelieve… Did he just took my joke to literally… Did I just went too far with my joke? No I can’t lose Dongwoo. NEVER. He meant everything to me. A million thoughts went through my mind. His laugh shook me out of those thoughts. “HAHA YOU HAD TO SEE YOUR FACE! IT WAS GOLD!” he laughed. I was starting to get mad, but I let go of the anger. No, this was not the time to get mad at him. I just had some hours with him to spend before I would take off to America. I just enjoyed his cute smile while he was rolling over the ground. I began to laugh and joined him. He always made my day better, this idiot. But he was my idiot, my angelic idiot<3.

First we went out to eat something, because we finally got our diploma! Finally high school was over, so we could finally start with our real lives. I didn’t want to do anything with the “girls”. I didn’t have the same relationship I had with Dongwoo and I didn’t had to be around with those kind off people. Why are girls so mean and fake around each other. No thank you, I had Dongwoo and everything could be dead for my part. I had the time of my life, but it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter