Nichkhun

Forever More

2pm had been crazily practicing. Nichkhun was tired already. He felt as if all he had been promoting for a lot longer than he had. Filming and practice before his group promotion started had really taken it out of him. Closing his eyes as he lay on his bed trying to tune out the world he lay listening to his group’s new song ‘I’m your man’. The song held a special place in Nichkhun’s heart. The song helped him say perfectly how he felt about his girlfriend, Tiffany.

 

I’m your man, I’m your man, I’m your man, Baby I’m your man…. I’m your man… Please believe me. Please be with me.

It had taken Nichkhun a while to finally convince Tiffany that she should date him. They had been friends for a while but the pair hadn’t dated for that long. He understood why Tiffany had been so reluctant. Their relationship was so precious that neither wanted it ruined. But at the same time Nichkun knew it wasn’t just going to be just a normal relationship. He knew once he got Tiffany he wouldn’t give her up for the world.

“One date” Nichkhun pleaded, pouting for added effect. “If you don’t like it we never have to do it again. We won’t even mention it again”

 

Tiffany had just laughed at him and shaking her head before eventually agreeing. That had been late 2009. The pair had a lot to overcome after they had eventually become a couple. Even when they had problems Tiffany always believed in Nichkhun and they managed to always pull through.

 

I want to nestle together, With the pain in that heart, You ain’t gotta hurt no more, Let me love you uh right now, So here I am.

When Nichkhun had been on WGM with Victoria it had been hard on Tiffany. She had tried to hide it from Nichkhun but he had seen through all of that. He had seen the heartbreak in her eyes every time they had seen each other. He hated to see her in pain, especially when it was pain that he had caused.

 

He had told her not to watch but that was easier said than done. ‘Khuntoria’ was the most popular couple from WGM. Tiffany had been avoiding him for the past week. He had decided the only way he was going to get to see her would be through Jessica. After the ice princess had shouted at him, she had agreed to help him.

The plan was to get her into the dorm on her day off and to make sure she didn’t leave long enough to make sure Nichkhun could talk to her.

 

The trap had been set now it was just up to Nichkhun to execute it. He passed Jessica and Taeyeon as he reached their dorm. Jessica had told him everyone else had a schedule that day and she would only have to convince Taeyeon to leave. Something Nichkhun knew would be an easy job. Taeyeon was Tiffany’s first friend in South Korea, having made their friendship soon after Tiffany had arrived in Seoul. The look of disgust on Taeyeon’s face as she looked at Nichkhun reconfirmed his worse fears, Tiffany was hurting worse than he realised she was.

 

Walking into Tiffany’s room he looked at his girlfriend a frown moving onto his lips. She was curled up watching the notebook with tears in her eyes. She hadn’t seemed to notice him walk in, her eyes still glued to her tv.

“You know that that it’s just a TV programme right?” Nichkhun asked hopefully, drawing his girlfriend’s attention to him.

 

Tiffany nodded and sat up. “Still hurts though”

 

Nichkhun sighed and gathered her up into his arms. “I’ll quit. The last thing I ever wanted to do was hurt you”

 

Tiffany simply shook her head. “I’m being silly. I love you”

 

“I love you too” Nichkhun replied.

 

And he did. He would do everything in his power to make sure she didn’t hurt again.

 

Baby I’m your man, Love you so much my heart’s about to burst, Entrust yourself to me. I’ll fulfil all the wishes for you.

It was their 3rd anniversary and the first they would be spending out and about. Tiffany had told Jessica she wished she could go to a theme park with him but that she knew it was impossible. Jessica had in turn told Nichkhun and told him to figure out a way to make it happen.

So here they were at Lotte world. He had rented the whole theme park, after closing time. They were joined by Girls’ Generation members and 2pm and 2am. He hadn’t initially wanted them to come, but he needed someone to operate the rides for him and thought it would be best to just have a group of them there.

 

“Wow I’ve never been to a theme park that’s so quiet” Tiffany said in awe of her surroundings.

 

The couple had been on a few rides with their friends and were now just walking around together.

 

“Well your wish is my command my lady” Nichkhun joked, adding in an over the top bow for good measure.

 

Tiffany simply shook her head and laughed. A laugh Nichkhun loved. He would fulfil any wish for her as long as it made her laugh like that.

 

I cannot stay still, My hot heart is thumping in my chest, Right now, this instance, I want to see you. I’ll do this right now.

Hosting a show while stood next to your secret girlfriend was hard. Taeyeon stood to the side of them shaking her head at their silliness. They had tried holding hands behind the podium, but Taeyeon had pointed out that anyone from the sides could see what they were doing.

Nichkhun thought he was going to collapse from how fast his heart was beating. The couple didn’t get to see each other often, both extremely busy, and seeing each other at these events meant they had to hide it even more. The only people who knew about their relationship were their members. To everyone else the Korean American female and Thai male were just really close friends.

The closing of the show came quicker than anticipated. Nichkhun no longer hid his gaze as he openly stared at his girlfriend. She was stood alongside Taeyeon waving a flag in one hand and holding her best friends hand with the other. The smile on her face automatically made him smile. As he returned to his position beside her the smile on her face seemed to grow even bigger.

He didn’t care who saw them anymore. He wanted to be by her side forever.

Baby I’m your man, I’m not backing away, There’s no such thing as never-ending night, Just by looking at you, The future will be bright

“We can’t say they’ve been together for as long as they have” the Sm rep repeated for what seemed like the 100th time.

“After being on WGM with Victoria, the countless interviews he has said he is single, Nichkhun will just look like a liar” The JYP rep agreed.

 

Nichkhun tried hard to catch his girlfriend’s eye across the table. It hadn’t been either one of their faults that they had been caught. They had been together for so long it seemed they just forgot to be secretive. One time, one meal and their relationship was now being forced into the open.

 

“With all the scandals Girls’ Generation have had up until now it is probably best to just deny it” the SM rep commented while the JYP rep nodded his head.

 

Tiffany finally looked up, the worry evident in her beautiful brown eyes. For the first time since their scandal had hit Nichkhun felt something other than worry and guilt.

 

“Don’t we get a say” Nichkhun spat out angrily, his eyes locked on Tiffany’s. “I don’t want to deny it”

 

The room fell silent, everyone’s eyes turned to Nichkhun but he continued to look at Tiffany.

 

“If we deny it now we look like bigger liars later” Nichkhun started “I love Tiffany. I always have and I always will. My future is with her. I’m not lying about her now”

 

It had been decided after that meeting that both companies wouldn’t deny the rumours but that they wouldn’t admit to the real length of the couple’s relationship. It had been decided that they would only say the couple had been together for 4 months, a number that said they were together but didn’t know if it was serious so they hadn’t said anything.

Nichkhun hadn’t just been saying it for dramatic effect though. He did love her, and he did see his future with her. There was nothing that would change about that.

 

­­­

Looking down at his phone the urge to call her had never been stronger but he knew he couldn’t. She had been working her but off to get ready for TTS comeback and he couldn’t ruin that. The picture of them together made him smile, it was a couple of years old. As the song changed Nichkhun fell asleep, a smile still upon his face.