Chapter 1

A Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Umma…?”

 

Sungmin unconsciously look back at his son. He suddenly gets back on his reality world. He didn’t know how they ended up in their old house. He didn’t know how they got out in the amusement park. He didn’t know how he escape the meeting he didn’t want to happen. He didn’t know also how many times Jintuo had been calling him.

 

He saw the worried face coming from Jintuo when he looks back at his son.

 

“Yes baby?” Sungmin replied back softly.

 

“Why are you quiet after the meeting of that ajhussi?” Jintuo asked innocently.

 

Silence for a minute before Sungmin replied his son, is he quiet? “Nothing, baby.” he replied once again as he made his way to the bathroom, preparing for Jintuo’s bath.

 

Jintuo followed him as he continue bombing him questions, “Why that ajhussi claiming that I am his son?”

 

Sungmin flinched at his son’s question.

 

Did Kyuhyun really say that? And how he escaped the meeting with Kyuhyun? It seems like their meeting was just like a dream.

 

 

Sungmin is still not recovered from his aftershock even if Ryeowook and Yesung bid their goodbyes to him. Even if he smiled at Ryeowook but that doesn’t mean he is not mad at him. Well is he? Maybe he was not but that doesn’t mean his friendship with Ryeowook will be reunited.

 

Ryeowook hurt him and didn’t give him a chance or to give a chance their relationship. Ryeowook choose love over their friendship.

 

And now facing the man he loved before, well he still loves him but the anger and hate is the dominant in his heart. What this man wants and why he is not leaving?

 

“Umma...?” Jintuo called Sungmin.

 

Sungmin tear away his gazes from Kyuhyun to look at his son, whose eating mouthful. “Yes baby?”

 

“Will we go take a ride after I finish this, right?" Jintuo asked while chewing his food.

 

“Baby, what I told you before? Don’t speak when your mouth is full, right? Don’t you remember that?” Sungmin said while caressing his son’s hair.

 

Jintuo nod for understanding and chewing his food immediately so he can talk his umma, “Yes umma. I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s okay baby,” Sungmin smiled and continued, “Continue to eat your food.”

 

“But, will we take a ride after this, right?” Jintuo asked again, ensuring that they will take a ride after they eat.

 

Sungmin smiled for his son’s naughtiness, “Of course baby” he assured.

 

After that, Jintuo nods once again and looks back at Kyuhyun, who’s watching mutely and Jintuo offering him to eat but Kyuhyun refuse his offer while smiling and shaking slightly his hands and head. By the way Kyuhyun looks at them, he was amaze that Sungmin raised their son with following and listening to his mom’s advice.

 

Sungmin smiled unconsciously while watching his son eating his food innocently. Didn’t show any violent reaction when Jintuo offering his food to Kyuhyun.

 

“Min...nie...” Kyuhyun called.

 

Sungmin looked back at him with wide eyes and mentally slapping his face for reminding himself to act normal.

 

Minnie used Kyuhyun calling him when they are still together but now, their situation is different. This man in front of him is still in the process to forget him. Sungmin was really shock to see him again but he didn’t know that he will react like a stupid in front of him. He should act normal as if nothing happened between them.

 

“Will you...” Kyuhyun started, “...will you give me another chance?” repeated the questions.

 

Silence.

 

Sungmin didn’t answer again.

 

Thick silence is the next happens between them.

 

What Sungmin would say? Should he say yes? Of course not! This man in front of him hurt him! He let go of him just for Ryeowook’s sake so that he can keep his friendship with Ryeowook. But Ryeowook and he never get back together their friendship. But why Ryeowook is asking for forgiveness from him? What was that for?

 

Kyuhyun was about to open his mouth when Jintuo suddenly speak.

 

“Umma, I’m done.” Jintuo said as he put down his spoon and fork top of the plate.

 

Sungmin mentally sighs in relief. Jintuo saved him to answer the question he didn’t want to answer. He immediately wipes his son’s mouth so that they can leave as soon as possible. When Sungmin finished wiping Jintuo’s mouth, he called the waitress so he can pay the bill. When the waitress come and showed them their bill, Sungmin give the waitress enough money and put the small bag on his shoulder and immediately pulling his son going out the restaurant.

 

He didn’t dare to look at Kyuhyun to see his reaction. Well, Kyuhyun was panicking inside while watching Sungmin immediately fixing his son’s look and their things. But before Sungmin and Jintuo can finally go, Sungmin felt a hand around his arm, preventing him to leave. Sungmin didn’t look back but he’s trying his best to release the hand that Kyuhyun holding him to prevent him from leaving but seems like Kyuhyun have no plan to letting him go because Kyuhyun holding him more tightly and Sungmin finally look back at Kyuhyun and there, he saw Kyuhyun with sad gaze, almost pleading to not leave.

 

“Will you give me...” Kyuhyun started and Sungmin tear away his gazes, he couldn’t let himself to forgive Kyuhyun easily. Maybe he is still longing for the brunette’s presence but that doesn’t mean he can easily forgive Kyuhyun. The wound on his heart is still not yet healed.

 

“Umma... we need to move fast, I still want to take a ride.” Jintuo said pleadingly while cutting Kyuhyun off of what he wanted to say and look at Kyuhyun, “Ajhussi! Let go my umma’s arm. You’re hurting him. I still want to take a ride because this is my umma’s birthday gift to me." Jintuo complained and pouting more showing that he was upset.

 

Kyuhyun looks at his son’s complaining and give Sungmin a longing look but Sungmin was not looking at him. When Sungmin didn’t answer, Kyuhyun take the silence as a yes answer and letting Sungmin’s arm go.

 

As soon as the hand finally removes from his arm, Sungmin hold Jintuo’s small hand and pulling him out of the restaurant. It was obvious that Sungmin wanted to leave soon because of the big steps he was stepping. He’s leaving without looking back.

 

When they are far away from the restaurant, Jintuo pulling his hands back from Sungmin’s hold, “Umma, where are we going? I thought we will take a ride more?” Jintuo asked sadly when he noticed that they are making their way to the amusement park gate.

 

Sungmin suddenly stops from his walking and mentally curse himself to not thinking his son’s feelings. He let go Jintuo’s hand and squat down to level his height. He sighs exasperatedly and looks deeply at his son’s eyes softly, “I’m sorry baby, I think umma is not feeling well. We can come back here again next time.”

 

Jintuo’s sad eyes immediately replace to worried eyes, he touched his umma’s forehead carefully to feel Sungmin’s temperature, “Are you okay, umma? Are you sick? Is that Ajhussi scare you?” he asked worriedly.

 

Sungmin shook his head and smiled softly when he saw his son suddenly changing his expression. That’s one of the reasons why he loves Jintuo. Jintuo is a caring kid but a spoiled kid. But when it comes to his umma’s health, he was thinking his umma’s healthy than his happiness. Sometimes Jintuo is mischievous but Jintuo never make his umma to get mad at him. He is always listening to his umma’s advice.

 

“I’m fine baby. Umma just need to rest.” Sungmin said and Jintuo immediately wraps his small arms around Sungmin’s neck and buried his face into Sungmin’s neck while closing his eyes.

 

“It’s okay umma. I don’t want you to get sick. We will come back here next time.”

 

And that made Sungmin to love him more his son because of his caring and sweetness to him. “And besides, it’s already getting dark baby, I know you are already tired too.” Sungmin said as he put his arms down to Jintuo’s bottom and pull him up into his tummy, he spread Jintuo’s legs around on his waist as he carrying his son out of the amusement park, ready to go home. Jintuo’s nod and wrap his hold tightly around his umma’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter