chapter seven

Warrior

w  a  r  r  i  o  r | {07} 


Miyeon woke up when her phone vibrated softly under her. She grabbed her phone and turned the alarm off, and then she froze when she noticed the warm figure next to her. Lowering her phone, she saw Zitao who had slept in an uncomfortable position to block her from the sun.

Sitting up, she glanced at him and covered her face.

My cheeks feel so hot.Why? She thought to herself as she climbed out of bed.  Miyeon pushed him over and pulled the sheets over him.

 

 

She picked her phone up and called Minseok.

“Miyeon? Is something wrong? You didn’t show up today, I let the boys out if you don’t mind.”

“I…don’t feel like coming in today.” She said softly. “Zitao’s with me…”

Minseok chuckled. “It's fine, you never take days off anyway. I probably owe you a year in vacation days since the day you started here. Relax for a few days if you need to alright? I know the training is getting intense; their competitions are coming up too. I’ll take care of them if you don’t come in.”

Miyeon rolled her eyes. “They’ll never forgive me if I let you train them.”

“Why?”

“You come off as such a nice person but when you train someone, you brutally train them with a smile on your face.” Miyeon said, she smiled and imagined Minseok telling Sehun to drop and give him two thousand or Luhan to sprint ten miles. It was something she had done with him when she first started as a trainee; Minseok was awfully nice so it was hard saying no when he asked you to do five hundred burpees or fifteen minute planks.

“Well then they shall suffer, it’s only going to benefit them in the long run.” Minseok said. “Remember your first competition? You beat that girl who trained for eight years…you were only with me for one and a half!”

“Alright.” Miyeon nodded. “I’ll try coming in soon.”

“Take your time kid, relax, okay?”

“Fine.”

 

 

“You’re not going?”

She turned around to see Zitao holding his bag and his jacket.

Miyeon shook her head. “I have a lot on my mind and…Minseok said he’d finish up training. He’s a lot worse than me, the boys are going to suffer.”

Zitao dropped his bag. “Alright.”

“What…are you doing?”

“Well those eggs aren’t going to fry themselves, are they?”

Miyeon rolled her eyes and followed after him into the kitchen. “Can you not…” She wrinkled her nose as she realized that he was mocking her.

Zitao laughed. “I’m kidding, but you gotta admit…you freaking out over oil was pretty amusing.”

“Did you sleep well last night?” She asked.

He shook his head. “Terrible sleep…Geez, I didn’t know Song Miyeon was such high maintenance. If I moved even an inch you’d squirm from the moonlight flooding into the view and when I tried to get up to close the shades, you clung onto me like a piece of gum.”

Miyeon covered her ears and walked towards the fridge. “Don’t remind me.”

Zitao smiled and shook his head as he turned his attention back to making breakfast. “Whatcha up to now?”

“Green juice.” She looked up. “Something Jongin used to make a lot for me…because I didn’t eat enough and lacked a lot of nutrients.”

Zitao wrinkled his nose as he watched her put a handful of spinach into her blender. He eyed the machine. “Blend…Tec?”

“I  had the same reaction too, don’t look at the blender…I know you’re grossed out.” Miyeon said. “Spinach, green apples, green grapes, lemon slices and kale.” She poured a bit of water into the blender and topped it off with some crush ice before putting the lid on. She pressed the power button and rested her arm on top of the blender before flashing a mischievous grin at Zitao. “And you’re drinking this.”

He looked down at the pot and stirred the stew around. She looks kinda cute smirking like that. Zitao thought to himself. I guess trying new things won’t be too bad?

 

 

Sehun’s eyes almost popped out of his sockets. Lunchtime was rolling around and Zitao had finally answered his message.

“Hyung look! He’s still at her house!” He pointed to the location setting.

Luhan rolled his eyes. “So?”

“S-So?”

“So?”

Sehun stopped in the middle of the street. “Oh my goodness, I guess old people don’t have the dirty mind of a youngster.”

Luhan smacked his arm. “It’s Zitao, knowing Zitao he probably requested to read that sign language book, it’s either that or they’re watching reruns of Hello Kitty. It’s Zitao we’re talking about, he does questionable things…”

Sehun scoffed. “Are we even talking about the same person? Zitao is into helping others alright, but the Hello Kitty part is totally wrong, Hello Kitty is you!” He pointed to the little key chain hanging out of Luhan’s pocket.

Luhan stuffed it back into his pocket as he continued to stroll down the street. “Gosh, they don’t even…like each other.” He mumbled.

“Ah! She’s calling!”

 

Luhan stumbled back and put his ear near Sehun’s phone. He listened for a few minutes as Sehun nodded along with a trail of ‘yea, mmhmm, okay, sure, fine, right, yep, got you, I understand, okay, alright...’ before hanging up.

“Huh…Noona’s taking a few days off …” Sehun mumbled.

“And…the other trainer is…going to train us…”

They looked at each other in horror. “MINSEOK HYUNG?”

Sehun grabbed Luhan and screamed. “NOOO.”
 

 

In the meantime…

Miyeon walked down the hall and peeked into all of the rooms to see where Zitao had wandered off to. She stopped outside the bathroom to see him standing by the mirror. There was a razor on the counter and some shaving cream.

She raised an eyebrow before raising them in silence as she remembered that he was on the way home from the training center and he had his gym bag with him. It just so happened that he stayed over.

Miyeon walked into the bathroom and leaned against the wall. “I haven’t seen that in a while.”

Zitao looked at her in the relfection of the mirror. “Jongin?”

She nodded. “Jongin.”

“Did he ever do it to you?”

Miyeon chuckled and nodded. “He shaved half my eyebrow off.” She looked down at the marbled tiles on the floor and sighed. “I wish he was still here, I wouldn’t even be mad if he did it again.”

Zitao turned around and picked the razor up. “Miyeon…”

She looked up. “Hm?”

He held it in his hands. “Do it for me.”

She slowly stood up straight. “Do…what?”

Zitao grabbed her arms and pulled her close. He sat on the sink’s counter and handed her the shaving cream. “Put this on my face…take that…” He eyed the razor. “And shave. I mean girls do it all the time right?” He bumped his foot against her legs. “Just try not to cut my face off.

 

Miyeon laughed and shook her head as she picked up the shaving cream. She spread the foam under his chin and along the side of his jaw.

 

Zitao eyed her features as she concentrated on not hurting him.

“Miyeon…”

She pulled back. “Don’t move….I almost cut you.” She furrowed her brows in concern before hovering the razor over his skin.

“You should laugh more.” He continued. “It’s…”

Zitao cleared his throat and shyly turned away.

 

 

“It’s pretty.” 


[a/n]: happy 2015! 
There are 365 new pages this year;

Let's write a best seller ;) 

 

comments are much appreciated!