Merry Christmas

Boys, Boys, Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here are the poll results!

1. Mark

2. JB

3. Kris

4. Luhan

Mark got an overwhelming number of votes. I thought Luhan would be second or third, so it was surprising that he was the last choice. As for JB and Kris, they were almost in tie!

Thanks for voting and expressing your opinions!

I'll remind you once again that the poll WILL NOT affect the story's outcome!

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L0QM5j-Kas

Britney Spears: My only wish

-----------------------------------------

Yoonjung was awakened by the of a large, wet tongue. Startled, she opened her eyes to see Janggeun hovering over her. She in a breath and huffed, “Janggeun, you big dumbo! Get off! I can’t breathe!” She managed to shove the large white dog aside and sit up in bed.

Janggeun stuck his tongue out and panted with pointed ears.

Yoonjung glanced at the clock and saw it was only six in the morning. Her expression flattened. “You better have a good reason for waking me up so early.”

Janggeun barked once and trotted to her patio. He whimpered and tapped his paw against the glass.

Yoonjung sighed. “The things I do for you.” She grabbed a gray knit beanie by her bed and shoved it over her messy hair before pulling on hr knit socks. The weather had gotten a lot colder. Yoonjung headed over to the patio and looked out the glass. She gasped.

The world was white. Snow was covering everything.

Not only that, but it was also snowing!

Yoonjung saw the calendar and just remembered today was Christmas! Fresh snow on Christmas! It’s perfect! She looked down at Janggeun and grinned. “You wanted me to see the now. You’re so sweet. This is worth getting up early for. Thank you.” She ruffled his fur affectionately and opened the glass door.

Janggeun darted out to the patio and tried to eat up the snowflakes that were falling.

Yoonjung laughed at the adorable sight. She heard a door open and looked across from her.

JB stood there, looking slightly drowsy but mostly curious.

“JB,” Yoonjung called.

JB looked up and locked eyes with her.

He blinked for a couple seconds and then his lips slowly curved upwards into a warm, devoted smile.

Smiling back with equal mirth, Yoonjung pointed upwards. “It’s a white Christmas!”

JB laughed and nodded. “Yeah. It’s a good luck sign. I have a good feeling about the rest of the season.”

“Are you coming over later?” Yoonjung asked.

JB leaned against the railing. “Of course. We have to do our traditional Secret Santa game. I’m looking forward to it.”

“Me, too,” Yoonjung admitted. She wrapped her arms around herself and sighed. He recognized that sigh was a not-so-cheery one and tilted his head. “What’s wrong?”

Yoonjung hesitated telling him in case she would break the holiday spirits.

“Come on, Yoonjung. You know you can tell me anything,” JB assured.

Yoonjung decided he was right and spilled her thoughts. “This is our last Christmas as a high school student.”

“It is,” he agreed.

“It feels weird because after this year…” We’ll all be in different places pursuing different goals. She lowered her head.

“After this year, we’re going to be in college, which doesn’t mean a damn thing is going to change about our relationship,” JB declared. Yoonjung stared at him. How he always knew what was really on her mind, she didn’t know.

“Look, Yoonjung, I know you’re worried about what’ll happen to our friendship. You’re not the only one. I’m worried, too, and the boys are probably, too. Yet, you should know that moving on doesn’t mean we’re growing apart. We’ll always be in each other’s lives. We’re best friends, Yoonjung. More than that, you and I are ‘bestest’ friends. I’ll always be there for you no matter what,” JB promised.

Yoonjung softened. She felt a lot better now, and some of that Christmas mood came back at once. “Thanks.”

“No problem. Wait right here. I actually have something to give you.” JB went back inside.

Yoonjung looked around and saw that Janggeun had gone back inside. He did not fare too well in the coldness. She chuckled and shut her patio door. Suddenly, she felt her patio shake as someone landed beside her. Yoonjung whirled around and gasped. “JB!”

JB grinned. “Who’s wild and y now?”

Yoonjung smacked his chest. “You could’ve slipped on the ice and died! You’re a fool!”

“Please, that one jump wasn’t even hard for me. Now close your eyes,” JB ordered.

“So you can jump and fall to your death this time?” Yoonjung quipped.

“You’re so sarcastic. Now close your eyes before I have to jump back to my room to get a blindfold!” JB demanded.

“Okay, fine! Sheesh! You’re so pushy!” Yoonjung shut her eyes and crossed her arms. She felt his arms ghost around her neck and shivered slightly. “Are you done yet?”

“Be patient, Snow White. All good things come to those who wait,” JB promised. He pulled back and smiled in content. “Okay. I’m done.”

Yoonjung opened her eyes and blinked. “What did you do to me?” She looked down and gasped in surprise when she saw a Swarovski necklace with a silver and gold pendant shaped like a swan. “JB…” She looked up at him in awe. “Are you my Secret Santa?”

JB laughed. “No. Wait. Maybe I shouldn’t have said that. Anyways, can I just give you a gift without being in a game? I felt like getting you something for Christmas, so I did.” Y

oonjung softened. “You didn’t have to. You make me feel like a bad friend. I didn’t get you anything.”

“I’m not shallow enough to desire something back. I just wanted to make you happy,” JB claimed.

Yoonjung smiled. “You did. The gift is perfect. I really like it. Thanks, JB.”

“You’re welcome. Merry Christmas, Seo Yoonjung.” JB grinned.

“Merry Christmas, bestest friend.” Yoonjung beamed.

JB put an arm around her and pulled her against him. Yoonjung embraced his waist and gave him an affectionate squeeze. Somehow, being in his arms felt perfectly right and caused her giddiness to go up a notch higher. They looked up and watched the snow fall together.

Yoonjung couldn’t go back to sleep after that, so she took a shower and got ready early. She skipped downstairs in a hearty mood and started to whip up a Christmas breakfast that consisted of pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, and sausages. Janggeun followed her every moment and nudged her legs with his wet nose to remind her that he was here.

“Okay, okay. Here. Don’t tell dad though.” Yoonjung fed him a piece of bacon.

Janggeun gobbled it all up and asked for more.

“Fine. Merry Christmas to you.” Yoonjung gave him one more strip of bacon.

Janggeun barked and wolfed it down.

“Yoonjung?” A drowsy voice asked. She looked up and smiled. Her father was standing in the entrance rubbing his eyes and looking like a tired teddy bear in pajamas. Yoonjung giggled. She walked up to him and planted a kiss on his cheek. “Good morning, dad! Merry Christmas!”

Her father smiled and her hair. “Merry Christmas.” He saw the table splendidly set up with an array of food and gasped with wide eyes. “Did you make all this?!”

“Certainly. Janggeun couldn’t have done all this.” Yoonjung chortled.

“Sweetheart, this is a lot of food,” her father stated.

“That’s why you must eat up!” Yoonjung grasped him by his shoulders and steered him to the table. She sat him down and put an empty plate in front of him. “Pile it up!” She patted his shoulder and went to get coffee.

Her father chuckled as he put a few sausages on his plate. “At this rate, I’ll be as fat as Santa Claus.”

“You’ll be more attractive than Santa Claus though,” Yoonjung complimented. She brought two mugs of warm coffee and sat across from him.

Janggeun nudged her leg. “I already gave you two!” She hissed. He whimpered pathetically, and her heartstrings were pulled. “Okay, fine. Last one! Got it!” Yoonjung gave him o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter