Prologue

Home Of The Lost: Below Paradise

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

It was driving her insane.

Tick. Tock. Tick.

The clock was way behind the actual time. It was seriously bothering her.

Tick. Tock.

She wanted to burn that piece of garbage.

Tick.

And he was late. He was so late. He was late in being early. He was supposed to be there earlier than her, that's why she came. He was five minutes late for his ten minutes of waiting for her. Checking her own wrist watch, which, as always, gave the perfect time, she sighed for the millionth time. Yes, he was late. Her hands started shaking and went dry.

He was so late at being early.

And that was where Jenny was on the edge once again. That was where her destined faith kicked in. That was where she became obsessive again, where she lost to her imaginary devil. That was where Jenny failed to control herself once again.

"You were here already?" The visibly attractive man that was supposed to meet her today approached her, wearing a big smile that shined brightly. She wanted to get rid of that smile so bad.

"Baekh-" Upon interrupting his greeting with her sudden standing up, Jenny sighed softly as she clasped her hands tightly into two little fists. As she closed eyes, she forced a smile. "I am sorry, you will only spend your time for nothing. It will never happen." She was beyond mad and disappointed. She was just tired. Yes, Jenny Kim was finally tired.

"Goodbye."

And as she walked away, completely ignoring the shocked male behind her, Jenny finally let out a deep sigh, feeling as her whole body felt lighter for less than a second.

Jenny was used to it. She was better off like that.

-

"Kris! Wait up!" Ignoring his best friend's rather demanding request, the blond man ran even faster. "No stopping here, Tao! I am going to crack his skull!" Feeling the adrenaline rushing through his veins, he embraced the feeling of being beyond mad as he forcefully opened the door. Ignoring the shocked looks around him, he slowed down, raised his chin and scanned the room to see a young woman with him.

Smirking, he walked towards them and as he took slow but determined steps, the only thing that played in his head were scenes of punching him. Yeah, Baekhyun was going to pay.

 

"I'm sorry, you will only spend your time for nothing."

 

Kris could hear as the lady spoke to the bastard. Oh, so she understood what kind of an idiot he was as well? Good.

 

"Goodbye."

 

Kris smirked as he watched her walk away, only to block her path.

"Hi there." The girl in front of him stopped and looked up to him. Her shocked expression was indescribable. Not to mention her features.

But that didn't matter to him. Her features were way in the end of his thoughts.

"I see you met my friend there." Her expression stayed the same as he marched towards Baekhyun. Throwing his best punch at him, he watched as the guy he hated so much fell to the floor.

"Don't worry." Kris spoke softly as he rubbed his knuckled in his free hand. "You won't need stitches." Sighing in relief, he turned around, only to be greeted with a slap. A hard one.

"How dare you?!" He couldn't hear her over his cracking jaw. That girl had strength! Furrowing his brows so he could get a better grip of reality, Kris couldn't help but feel amused.

"You walk in and just punch a person? Are you a monkey?" He still couldn't take in her words. She was the first girl to ever slap him. Kris found it way too strange for it to be happening. Why was he being slapped?

"Monkey?"

He questioned jokingly, cracking a questionable grin. He really didn't understand what was happening.

While Jenny was furious. How could he just punch a random person? Was he some sort of a freak? "Yes, can't you hear me? Or do you not understand Korean?"

"I can assure you, that I am no monkey, miss."

"During our five minute encounter you haven't proved me wrong, sir. But I wouldn't want to meddle in your mental affairs."

As she turned to leave, Jenny yelped as she felt him grab her hand, forcing her to turn around. He was grining, he had the nerve to? "Again, I assure you, I am no monkey."

Jenny gulped as she frowned.

"Then prove me wrong."

Kris chuckled as he let go of her hand.

 

Challenge accepted.

--

A short introduction. Had a rough month, I should have known better that putting a foreword for a month :D Sorry! Care to leave a comment? Thanks!