NOSTALGIA

Heiress Chae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a long month for Dahee, and the coming days will be worse. She wished she could find a way to stop this madness that Dahae and Dongwook brought. She wished she could bring everything back to normal again. She missed everything from the past. She missed how she drag her bestfriend to different places in Korea. She missed how her bestfriend convince her to quit photography as she said she has a better future with marketing and design. She missed the old Chaerin.

Everywhere she looks around inside her condominium reminds her of Chaerin. The walls painted black and white with glitters of gold, it's their favorite color. Three picture frames of her and Chaerin during highschool and one during college being displayed in her living room. And there it is, the professional camera that Chaerin gave her as a graduation gift after highschool.

Dahee hates herself as she pretends to hate Chaerin even she's not. She hates herself for letting Chaerin think that they're enemies even they are not. She hates herself for letting her siblings influence her. She hates herself for being the reason why Chaerin had her accident, why she lose all of her memories.

 

[<<] Flashback

"Ya. Hee-ah? Eodi? Palli palli."

"I'm at our favorite café. Are you on your way?"

"Nae. See you soon. Take care Hee-ah."

"So do you."

The phone hung up. Chaerin's on her way to meet her. Dahee felt excited to see her even though it's just been two days since the last time they saw each other. Dahee's excited to tell her bestfriend that the dean allowed her to have the same schedule that Chaerin's taking.

A couple of hours passed and yet, there is no sign of Chaerin. She must be here already. The café isn't that far from the university. A few minutes later, her phone rings. As she looked at the caller id, it's Chaerin. She sighed in relief and picked up the call.

"Ya. Nappeun gizibe. Eodiya?" Dahee said worriedly. She expected to hear her but someone voice spoke,

"Is this Miss Danielle Lee? Miss Faith Lee's friend?"

"Y-yes. Who's this speaking please?" Dahee suddenly became nervous.

"It's from the France Medical Hospital. Your friend, Miss Lee, were hitten by a car."

"Is she okay?"

"Yes. Someone came here for her. He's saying that they're friends. We would like to know if you know Mr. Nathan Kwon."

Dahee stopped for minute and remembered who's the guy. Nathan Kwon. Kwon. She knows him. He's her classmate from Marketing and English, and Chaerin's dinner buddy.

"Yes. I know him. I'll be right there soon. Thank you."

Dahee grabbed her things and left the café. She rode her bicycle and made her way to the hospital. This can't be right. Chaerin must not be there. They're supposed to see each other today, right now. As soon as she arrives the hospital, she went to the nurses' station and ran to her room. As she opened the door to her room, she saw Soohyuk, Nathan and Lee-sajangnim who is holding Chaerin's hand.

"Samchon. Mianhe." Dahee bowed to Chaerin's father, her uncle.

"Dahee-ah. I told you to call me ahbeoji. You don't need to be sorry. It's an accident." Mister Lee told her.

"But---"

Dahee stopped when the door opened. The doctor entered and greeted everyone inside, then delivered them the results from her tests and observation.

"Her brain suffered from rupture and internal bleeding, but the surgery is successful." The doctor frowned and sighed which made everyone uncomfortable.

"What is it doc?" It is Soohyuk who now spoke.

"When she wakes up, she may have permanent amnesia."

[>>] End of Flashback

 

Ever since that day, Dahee started to blame herself for what happened to Chaerin. She will still remember if that accident didn't occur. She thought that the best way to help her start a new life is to avoid her, so that she couls not remember her anymore, but deep inside she wants Chaerin to remember her. As Dahee was in her thoughts, her doorbell suddenly rang.

Ding dong.

Who might be visiting her this evening? It can't be Dahae and Dongwook. They don't want to see her condo full of the past. As Dahee opened the door and looked up to the figure standing in front of her, she blinked her eyes as if she's dreaming. It's Chaerin. Dahee composed herself and started her acting.

"Well, look who's here." Dahee smirked but Chaerin still wore that blank expression in her face. Dahee's smirk vanished and was replaced by worry. She noticed that Chaerin's eyes are red from crying.

"Chae---" before she can ask, Chaerin hugged her.

"Mianhe Hee-ah. Jeongmal mianhe."

"Chaerin."

Chaerin shook her head and spoke, "I remember everything." Then that's the moment that Dahee hugged her back. "Ani. I'm the one who needs to be sorry. Mianhe Chae-ah." Dahee pulled back and met her gaze. "Did you finally remember everything?"

Chaerin shook her head. Dahee sighed and let her enter her condo.

"Just wait here. I'll be right back." Dahee smiled and left Chaerin in the living room for a while. As she turns around, she saw picture frames from the vanity table. It's their pictures during highschool and one during college. There is a caption below 'Bonjour! The gorgeous ladies of Seoul have come.'  Chaerin laughed remembering that time. It was their first time to France and Dahee keeps on nagging her just to have a tour. As Chaerin moves around, she saw a big black book in the shelf. She took it and as she returned to the living room. She touched it's front cover and remembered that it was her and Dahee's scrapbook where they put some of their and other people's memorable moments during highschool. As she tries to open it, she realized that it is locked.

"You found it. Do you remember who bought that for us?" Chaerin shrugged and then stood up.

"You dressed up. Where are you going? Will you tell Dahae and Dongwook?"

"Tell what?" Dahae laughs. "No way. We're going somewhere. Kajja." Dahee smiled and grabbed Chaerin's arm and left. As soon as they arrive at the parking lot, Dahee halted.

"My car or your car? Hmm. I guess your car, but I'm driving." Dahee smiled and took the car key from Chaerin's Fendi bag and climbs into the driver's seat as Chaerin climbs into the front seat. The engine roars to life and Dahee starts to drive.

"You've been quiet since I started driving. I know that there's something bothering you. Just tell me."

" I'm just wondering why I see you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter