Old Friends

Heiress Chae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What is she doing here?" Chaerin glared and exchanged looks with Soohyuk and Dara. Before anyone of them could answer Chaerin's question, Yoochun appeared and raised his left hand with a smile.

"Annyeong. Oh, you don't know each other? You girls are---" before Yoochun could continue, Soohyuk interrupted and gave Yoochun a what-the-hell? look.

"She's asking what is she doing here, not asking who is she." Soohyuk rolled his eyes.

"Oh. I'm sorry. She's my older sister. Is there anything wrong? I know Soohyuk already knows that Dara-noona is my most beloved sister." Yoochun wraps his arm to Dara's shoulder and smiled cheekily. This time, it is Chaerin who gave her brother a what-the-hell? look and closed her eyes. Chaerin sighed and smiled,

"Okay. I didn't mean to be that harsh. I'm sorry." Chaerin stood up and offered a handshake. "Lawyer Park and Dara-ssi. Please sit down."  Then the three of them sat down.

Yoochun waved his hand on the air and chuckled, "I wasn't informed that your sister is too formal, plus on using honorifics." Then he laughed and continued, "Please Chaerinnie, you can call me Chun. Just like the old days." Soohyuk scratched his throat and gave Yoochun a warning look.

"Do we know each other?" Chaerin stared at Yoochun then raised her eyebrows to Soohyuk as she waits on his answer. It was unexpected for Chaerin to hear those following words from Dara who she thought will be silent in their entire meeting.

"We are friends before you lost your old memories." I am your friend. Actually we are more than friends Chaerin-ah. When will you ever remember me? Dara was dying to say those words to her but she can't. Not right now.

"Friends." Chaerin said with a blank expression. "Okay." then smiled. Dara knows that Chaerin isn't convinced yet she still said okay.

"So, let's start the meeting, shall we?" It is Soohyuk who spoke, avoiding the uncomfortable aura among the four of them.

After a few hours of brainstorming, exchanging of ideas and strategies, Soohyuk, Yoochun and Chaerin came up to a plan of sabotaging Dongwook, Dahee and Dahae. After all it is the Devil Trio's original plan, to sabotage Chaerin from being the company's CEO. After they end their meeting, Dara raised her suggestion which made Chaerin raised her left eyebrow.

"I heard that some of your friends company are your family's business partners. What if we ask their help?" Dara waited for anyone to speak until,

"So, you are suggesting that we seek help to my friends?" Chaerin said in accusatory tone which made Dara nervous, but then she sighed and said, "Okay. I'll call Krystal and Bang. I presume that you'll inform the Kwons." Chaerin faked a smiled.

"Bang? As in Bang Yongguk? I'd rather call Daehyun. He's better appealing than Yongguk." Soohyuk argued.

Chaerin stood up as if on cue on leaving and wore her sunglasses. "I bet Jun Myeon will be helpful too. Set the board meeting tomorrow lunch Hyuk, and Lawyer Park, please be there for our assistance. Bye." Before she could leave, Soohyuk asked,

"Where are you going?"

"We're finished here, right? I'm going to see old friends. Bye." She turned her heel and walked away.

Chaerin sighed when she reached her car. She felt relieved that she was out of that café. She her car as soon as she clambered in. She buckled her seatbelt and grabbed the steering wheel when,

Ting. Ting.

Chaerin reached for her phone and opened the message.

Jung Soojung

Ya. What do you think are you doing?

Are you out of your mind? Those people

might be lying. Eodie?

                                                                                                                I'm on my way to meet them Jung. Besides

                                                                                                                they may tell something about my past.

Ugh. Fine! Just tell me where are you.

Yuri and I will be backup. Kay?

                                                                                                                Sky in the City. You know that? Well, see ya.

                                                                                                                Thanks also. Au revoír. Xx.

Yeah. I've been there. You too. Xx.

 

Chaerin moved the clutch and started driving. It's a 20-minute drive plus traffic before she could reach her destination. She didn't even know why she agreed to meet Bom and the others, but her heart tells her to go.

"What the hell? Why did you go with him? You know that Chaerin loathes you." Soohyuk raised his voice to Dara.

"Hey. Calm down hyung. I was the one who brought her. You know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter