The Railway (Part 2)

SeBaek/BaekHun One-shot(s)

It's been days Baekhyun never saw Sehun. He always look around the railway station when he arrives. He does not know why but he always wish that he can meet Sehun again, he kinda miss his presence. He just lay on his bed and spaced out. He did not work for morning shift and afternoon shift for today because Suho is sick, the employer wants Baekhyun to replace Suho for a day for the midnight shift and Baekhyun agreed. 

Around 11:30pm, Baekhyun walks to the railway station to work, he never work in the midnight shift before, it's his first time in these 3 years of working as a train driver. After he arrives, he look around the station, he stares at the seat for a long time, he suddenly remember the day when he meets Sehun. He just smile to himself and headed to the driver's seat and the train slowly depart from the station. 

The midnight turns cloudy and slowly turn into a heavy rain. Baekhyun just shiver, he feels a bit cold due to the heavy rain and the air-conditional. Suddenly, the train stop. Baekhyun try to push the button again but the train never move. He considers himself unlucky because it's his first midnight shift, and heavy rain, and the train was broken down, but the worse thing is the light goes off too, It's dark and he can barely see things clearly. He tries using his microphone and give notice to the passengers that the train has broken down and they have to fix it but they don't know how long since it's midnight, and only a few trains and a few passengers. He sigh and rest on his chair, he keeps shiver since it's getting colder. Suddenly, he heard a knock on the door, He can't see clearly who is the person as the person walk closer towards him.

" Baekhyun. " he's surprise to see it's Sehun. He never thought he will be on this train at this time. He smiles brightly and Sehun smiles and walks towards him. Before Baekhyun speaks, Sehun takes off his jacket and put around Baekhyun's body since he notices Baekhyun is shivering from the cold. He even gives his hot coffee to Baekhyun to warm himself, Sehun bought it before boarding the train. Baekhyun feel touched, he stares at Sehun's back while they're heading to the passengers seat. It's been a long time since someone take care of Baekhyun, he is always independent and take care of himself, he did not expect someone to care for him.

They sit down next to each other while waiting for the workers to come and fix the train. 

" So why are you here Sehun? I didn't saw you these days.. " Baekhyun look at Sehun while sipping the hot coffee that Sehun give him just now.

" I was accompany my friend back home just now, and now i'm here. " Sehun lied. Actually he's not accompany anyone, he just used to walk around and there's another reason that he does not want to admit, he miss Baekhyun. He does not know why, but these days he have missed him, especially the warm and kindness of him.

" By the way, why are you working for midnight shift? I never saw you working for midnight shift. " Sehun stared at Baekhyun, while Baekhyun is quite shock with his statement, how does Sehun know he never work for midnight shift? Does he always sit at the railway station or perhaps..he is stalking him for a long time? 

" Well, one of my friend is sick today, so i have to replace his shift. But..how do you know i never work for midnight shift? " Baekhyun stared at him in curiousity.

Sehun didn't respond for awhile and finally decide to tell Baekhyun. He thinks that Baekhyun is someone he can trust eventhough they're not that close, and not even friends. " Actually..i always walks around the railway station whenever i have time. My father always force me to take over his business, but the truth is, i'm not interested. Whenever he forces me to go to his company and ask me to learn things, i would just walked away from my father. i didn't realise that i start to come to the railway station whenever i'm upset, i just love to see every train pass by which i don't know why, i feel like i have run away from all the problems just like the train depart. I know i'm weird. "

Baekhyun is surprise, he does not know that Sehun will have the deep stories in his heart. He does not feel weird that Sehun loves to see the train pass by because he's having the same thought like him. He thought that he is the only one who loves that. 

" Since i'm always around the railway station, i always saw you and the other workers changing shift. Until that day you come to me when i fall asleep. " Sehun smiled but continued with a concern tone, " I always wonder why would you're working so hard, you're not a robot, you need rest.. " 

Baekhyun just looked down. He seems to be in deep thought. He almost forget when is the last time he let himself to have time to hangout and have funs. He also forget how he used to have alot of friends, and slowly lost contact with his friends. He felt lonely. It's not their fault though, he is the one who push them away, by always giving reasons that he is busy with work when they ask him to hangout. 

" I'm not tired, and i love working, it makes me feel happy and relax.. " Baekhyun tried to force a smile.

" You're lying. " Sehun stared at him and Baekhyun was quite surprised.

" Perhaps you're just trying to distract yourself from something or someone. You're always smiling, but i can see the loneliness and emptiness in your eyes. " He continued and Baekhyun was more surprised, it's like he can read his mind eventhough they are just started to get to know each other. 

Both of them stared at each other, it's like they are having a conversation through their eyes. Baekhyun suddenly feel emotional, it's been a long time that he has this kind of feelings. He thought that he would never be able to open up to someone anymore, he wants to show his true self and feelings but he is too afraid, because of the hurt that he gets from someone who used to be closed to him. 

Before Baekhyun speak, suddenly the lights of the train turns on, they heard footsteps coming to their way, it was one of the train workers that helps to fix the train. 

" Hey Baek, sorry for keep you waiting for a long time. I have fix the train and you can continue your work. " The worker said while looking at Sehun and fix his gaze back to Baekhyun.

" It's okay, we didn't wait for that long though. Thank you ahjussi. " Baekhyun smiles while give a thumbs up to the worker.

" By the way, after you return to the first station, you may finish your work and go back home, since we have to check up on the other trains. We have make announcement to close the station for a few hours. " The worker said and bid goodbye to continue his work.

Baekhyun return to his driver's seat while bid goodbye to Sehun. He feels happy and wish to continue their conversations but he must finish his work. Sehun decides to wait for Baekhyun to finish his work since he has nothing to do. 

~~~

After Baekhyun arrives the station and pack his things, he's surprise to see that Sehun is here, standing not far away from him while waving at him. He thought that Sehun has go back home. Sehun approach him.

" Mind to grab a coffee and have a supper with me? " Sehun looked at Baekhyun while Baekhyun just nodded with a smile. 

~~~

Both of them enjoyed their supper in one of the nearby park. They never talk much, only a few of small conversations, but they do enjoy the atmosphere around them, they feel confortable with each other. It's like they have known each other for a long time eventhough they just started to get to know each other. 

They decide to went home since it's almost 3am and they feel abit tired. Sehun insists to sent Baekhyun home since the street is dark and it is dangerous to walk alone. After they arrive infront of Baekhyun's house, Baekhyun have the urge to ask Sehun whether he wants to stay for an overnight since it's dangerous to walk alone and he is worry, but Sehun says that he has to go back home and deals with some things. 

Baekhyun stare at Sehun's back while he is leaving, suddenly Sehun turn around and approach him again. He's surprise, he thought that maybe Sehun decided to stay for overnight. 

" Well, do you have free time on this Sunday? Maybe we could hangout around? " 

Baekhyun hesitate for a moment, since it's been a really long time that he didn't hang out with someone, and he works everyday without taking a day off. He did not know how to respond.

" If you can't make it, it's okay, there's still next time, right? " Sehun just smile while staring at Baekhyun.

" No..no..i mean i can make it, perhaps i can talk a day off this sunday.. " Baekhyun smile and blushing because someone ask him out, eventhough it's just a friendly hangout.

They exchange their contact numbers and bid goodbye. Both of them feel happy and excited but they don't know why.

~~~

Suho feels surprise that today Baekhyun is taking a day-off, especially sunday. As he knows, Baekhyun always known as a working machine and never take a day off eventhough he's sick. At the same time, he is happy because Baekhyun is giving himself a rest. He heard that he is having a new friend called Sehun. He never see this guy before but he hopes that they can get along, and maybe he can brings back the cheerful Baekhyun again, still hoping that it will not end up like someone who hurt Baekhyun before. 

Baekhyun is currently preparing himself before Sehun arrives and fetch him. Both of them agreed that Sehun is going to fetch him at his house eventhough Baekhyun refused at first because he feels embarrass. He hears the door knocks just in time after he finish preparing himself. He opens the door and saw Sehun standing right infront of him while smiling at him. Sehun is wearing a white top with black leather jacket, and a pair of black skinny jeans. He can't help but keep staring at how handsome is Sehun. 

" Erm..ready to go puppy? " Sehun chuckles and pinch Baekhyun's nose, while Baekhyun snap back from his thoughts. Both of them get into the car while Baekhyun keeps wondering " Did he just call me puppy? I never heard it wrong right..? " Just flashback from Sehun calls him puppy and pinch his nose makes him blush, he looks outside the window afraids that Sehun might saw him blush.

They decide to have a lunch first before going for a movie. While on their way, Sehun receives a call. Baekhyun looks at him until he finishes the call.

" Sorry Baekhyun.. but i receive an emergency call from my dad, he wants me to go to his company for a short meeting because there's an important visitors..i don't feel like going actually, you know how much i hate to involve in the company business because i'm not interested.. " Sehun says with a depressed tone.

" No.. it's okay, I don't mind waiting for you actually, and it's an emergency, i can understand. " Baekhyun smiles while ensuring that he's okay with it.

Sehun feels glad that Baekhyun understand it. After some small conversations, they finally arrives. 

Both of them headed to the upper floor, before Sehun goes to the meeting room, he leads Baekhyun to his personal room to wait for him until the meeting finish.

On their way, Baekhyun saw a familiar figure walking towards them from far away, he never imagined that he will be able to see him again, the person who hurts him and leave him when he needs him the most, Kris Wu Yi Fan. 

 

 

To Be Continued~~~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for not updating my story for a long time,

I just finish my exams and having a long sem break now! :D

I will update The Railway(Part3) by this week, with the sequel that request by the readers! :)

Stay tuned, and thanks for your supports.

Kindly subscribes and comments ^-^